• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I dislike how the term "feminist" got so skewed in today's society (though this isn't only recent) that it's like practically lost its meaning thanks to misconceptions.

I'm a feminist because I'm a person that strives for equality for both genders in society. There may be some feminists that hate men, but that's irrelevant because it has nothing to do with feminism itself -- feminism is about gender equality. It's those extremists that get on people's nerves, yeah?

I thought Little Mac getting angry at Samus was adorable actually, they way he got all red and all lol.
That's the thing. The joke refers to how he's little (get it? It's funnynot really) compared to Samus (not to mention a throwback to Brawl). It's just people over-analyzing and jumping to conclusions.

Last edited:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Reminds me of people were somehow complaining how Kristoph wasn't of color because he's Sami.

SJW don't know ****.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I used to be anti-racist for most of my life. But then I grew up and realized it stood for anti-White bigotry and racial vengeance against "the oppressor"

Hopefully America's left-wing society, media, and the ideologies of left-wing creationism/genetic egalitarianism and social justice will be thrown in the dustbin of history sometime during my lifetime. I doubt it though.

And yes, I'm fully aware pretty much all of you are left-wing.

Abuse to animals. Boycott Smash 4.
Wii-Fit trainer is too White. Boycott Smash 4.

Legend of Zelda is Eurocentric. Boycott the LoZ series.

Pokemon of the same sex can't produce an egg. Boycott Pokemon.

(Hopefully I'm not being too off-topic. Don't hurt me fatman)

-----

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I used to be anti-racist for most of my life. But then I grew up.

Hopefully America's left-wing society, media, and the ideologies of left-wing creationism/genetic egalitarianism and social justice will be thrown in the dustbin of history sometime during my lifetime.

And yes, I'm fully aware pretty much all of you are left-wing.
As a non-American, much of this went over my (pin)head.

Not to get too heavy into political discoursing, but if anyone could clarify this right-wing/left-wing demarcation, it would be appreciated (and then I'd be able to see where I might fit along this spectrum).

-----
I think you meant girlcott. Chauvinist pig.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

-----
Princess Peach is a female who much constantly be saved and can't take care of hereself most of the time. Boycott Mario.

Samus was shown to have emotions in Other M. Boycott Metroid.

Females can never be berserkers or fighters. boycott Fire Emblem.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

(Hopefully I'm not being too off-topic.)

-----
Even better.
Mario constantly abuses animals. Boycott Mario.

Link abuses chickens. Boycott LoZ.

Pokemon Trainers force defenseless critters into slavery. Boycott Pokemon.

Captain Falcon promotes reckless driving. Boycott F-Zero.

I could go on.

(Off-topic? We have a topic?)

As a non-American, much of this went over my (pin)head.

Not to get too heavy into political discoursing, but if anyone could clarify this right-wing/left-wing demarcation, it would be appreciated (and then I'd be able to see where I might fit along this spectrum).
I can.
Left-wing and Right-wing are political parties in America.
Left-wing prefers more government, where Right-wing focuses on less.
And, naturally, you have your extremes. Which is what he's referring too.

treecko why not stop there; just ban everyone from smash bros
Smash Bros promotes violence. Boycott Smash.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Are you familiar with American political parties? Left-wing = Democrats, Right Wing = Republicans, at least in theory.

Some people try to substitute the words Liberal and Conservative for Left and Right wing respectively, but I don;t think that fits since there are many right-wing policies which are not conservative(i.e. expanding the military, regulating/legislating morality).

(For the record: liberal - more of something, conservative = less of something)

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Embrace it with open wings.

You know you want to.
If it aint bosom goodness or mostly KI related, I can't really do much. Bowser is okay too. Unfortunately I prefer to avoid the kind of topics I'm reading up there for personal reasons.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
As a gay man.

I personally boycott everything.

Too much straight assholes in everything.

I don't even know why I'm on this ****ing website. Not a single gay character in Smash Brothers.

**** Smash Brothers I'm out until they add Tingle.

And yes I'm aware Tingle's straight in his spin-off. Shh.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
As a gay man.

I personally boycott everything.

Too much straight *******s in everything.

I don't even know why I'm on this ****ing website. Not a single gay character in Smash Brothers.

**** Smash Brothers I'm out until they add Tingle.
And yes I'm aware Tingle's straight in his spin-off. Shh.
Who's to say some of them aren't? Maybe they haven't come out of the closet yet...
...What are we doing?

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Sorry if this sounds off topic and I know its still too early, but if Smash Bros. Wii U makes it in fighting tournament scenes like EVO, do you guys think SSB Wii U will be a success?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
boycott everything with a woman with it and turn all male franchises into women characters

serious note: nothing will shut the feminists up
Technically feminism is treating women equal to men.

And alas, most of us treat female characters no different than male characters.

Personally, the only characters I segregate against are the orange ones. Sorry guys, but I am prejudice against the color orange. :smirk:

#KillAllOompaLumpas

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

Personally, the only characters I segregate against are the orange ones. Sorry guys, but I am prejudice against the color orange. :smirk:

#KillAllOompaLumpas
Yeah......**** Oompa-Loompas!

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Are you familiar with American political parties? Left-wing = Democrats, Right Wing = Republicans, at least in theory.

Some people try to substitute the words Liberal and Conservative for Left and Right wing respectively, but I don;t think that fits since there are many right-wing policies which are not conservative(i.e. expanding the military, regulating/legislating morality).

(For the record: liberal - more of something, conservative = less of something)
In Canada, you have the Conservative Party and the Liberal Party as the primary political groups (followed closely by the New Democratic Party). Easier to remember where they stand, this way. :p

I'm horrendously uninformed when it comes to political ideologies; the level of my ignorance is probably embarrassing. I'll need to figure out where I stand on all these political/economic/social issues at some point.

In any case, thanks for the informative reply. Let us now resume the Great Discourse of the Smash.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

#KillAllOompaLumpas
But Oompa Lumpas have green hair. D:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Sorry if this sounds off topic and I know its still too early, but if Smash Bros. Wii U makes it in fighting tournament scenes like EVO, do you guys think SSB Wii U will be a success?
I'm not part of the competitive scene, but I figure that any widescale exposure of the game would work in its favour. But I imagine that the efforts of the Wii U (/3DS) fanbase would be vital in pushing SSB4 into mainstream competitive popularity.

Implying Marth is a guy...
Marth is fairly androgynous, I find.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
That's more or less the joke behind it, most people know Marth is guy, or at least I sinercely hope that's the case and it's not actually serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom