• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There should have been a Purple WaRanger.

I barely even remember much from the Power Rangers other than the Green Ranger turning into the White Ranger. He was the Black and Red Rangers too at one point? How did that work?
I know he was the Black Ranger in Dino Thunder, which was the Power Ranger incarnation in 2004

They had Dinosaur Zords again. I also knew he was the Red Ranger in Zeo

Apparently he was the Red Ranger in Turbo as well, but I didn't see Turbo because it sucked

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I wonder if they're going to show off anything DK related for the NA/EU release of Tropical Freeze. I personally hope so because it would help make reveals a little more predictable in the coming months. So far Sakurai has only taken notice of the Japanese releases of games (for obvious reasons) but if he notices the non Japanese release of TF then it's possible that he'll recognize the release of Yoshi's New Island outside Japan in March and Triple Deluxe in May, possibly leading to the reveals of Yoshi and Metaknight respectively.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I wonder if they're going to show off anything DK related for the NA/EU release of Tropical Freeze. I personally hope so because it would help make reveals a little more predictable in the coming months. So far Sakurai has only taken notice of the Japanese releases of games (for obvious reasons) but if he notices the non Japanese release of TF then it's possible that he'll recognize the release of Yoshi's New Island outside Japan in March and Triple Deluxe in May, possibly leading to the reveals of Yoshi and Metaknight respectively.
Wasn't Luigi revealed the same day Dream Team came out in NA? Idk I could be wrong, but I believe it was.

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Anyway the reveals are getting closer and closer together. I'm guessing we'll know at least 35 characters before the game comes out, with 15 / possibly 20 secret unlockables. It can be done, Sakurai! Then you'll rest.

D

Deleted member

Wasn't Luigi revealed the same day Dream Team came out in NA? Idk I could be wrong, but I believe it was.
No.

He was revealed August 7th.
Dream Team came out in NA August 11th.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think at this point Sakurai's going to have start revealing Newcomers in the Pic of the Day as well.

Because the next two character reveals should most likely be Diddy and Yoshi correct?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I think at this point Sakurai's going to have start revealing Newcomers in the Pic of the Day as well.

Because the next two character reveals should most likely be Diddy and Yoshi correct?
Well luigi got confirmed 4 days before the release of mario bros dream team usa release

So diddy kong might be revealed for the usa release of DKCTF because they used the direct day for mac

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
So I'm on Tumblr trying to compile Little Mac gifs for the move set speculation thread, when I found this:

As soon as I read this, I legitimately contemplated making a tumblr account just to post "Are you @#$%# serious!?"
This is why we can't have nice things, ****** has a problem with everything. It's a fighting game for ****s sake!

If anything, its sexist to imply Samus can't take a punch. Jeez, and I bet if DK or Fox was the one punched no one would have said a damn thing..........except PETA, but its PETA so no one would care anyway.

I hate social justice warriors...

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So I'm on Tumblr trying to compile Little Mac gifs for the move set speculation thread, when I found this:

As soon as I read this, I contemplated making a tumblr account just to post "Are you serious!?"
This is why we can't have nice things, everyone has a problem with everything.

If anything its sexist to imply Samus can't take a punch. Jeez, and I bet if DK was the one punched no one would have said a damn thing....except PETA
Apparently they've never heard of a thing called "throwbacks" or "references".
And they probably "coincidentally" forgot she was poking fun at his height. But that doesn't matter now does it?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Well, Tumblr is full of over the top activists. You can't escape them. It annoys me to no end because otherwise the content of Tumblr is a goldmine.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
@ Moon Monkey Moon Monkey : Seriously? Faith in humanity lost.

And for Luigi, it's clearly obvious Luigi was announced for the Year of Luigi in general and NOT specifically Mario & Luigi: Dream Team.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I knew someone was going to make that part of the trailer a feminist thing. Sigh. I kind of understand, but at the same time, it's all in good fun.

@ Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman : Social Justice Warriors, Tumblr's filled with 'em.

Smooth Criminal

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
My favorite thing about it is that it's a ****ing fighting game. The same activists are a okay with the females hitting the males and don't get up in arms, but very very rarely do you see them act that way about violence against males.

I mean it's a fighting game with female characters what the **** do they expect?

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I wouldn't be surprised if Diddy was revealed next week. Rosalina only lasted about a week before Zelda was revealed.

D

Deleted member

All I know is, for the next week, prepare for mo' Lil' Mac pics, suckas.

He fights like a lion. A LION.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
My favorite thing about it is that it's a ****ing fighting game. The same activists are a okay with the females hitting the males and get up in arms, but very very rarely do you see them act that way about violence against males.
Thank God I'm good friends with reasonable feminists.

Smooth Criminal

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Thank God I'm good friends with reasonable feminists.

Smooth Criminal
I mean I'm a feminist. And for a while being on Tumblr turned me into one of their kind, but then I realized. ''Holy ****. This is an entirely unnecessary level."

Samus is a cartoon character in a video game. A female in a suit of armor. One who is the original Smash female. She's about the most perfect representation of feminism that Nintendo has. It's like Moon Monkey says it's almost wrong to say that she CAN'T take a hit like a champ.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
My favorite thing about it is that it's a ****ing fighting game. The same activists are a okay with the females hitting the males and get up in arms, but very very rarely do you see them act that way about violence against males.

I mean it's a fighting game with female characters what the **** do they expect?
For the men to act nicely. Maybe let 'em win.
BUT WAIT! THAT WOULD MAKE THEM WEAK! THEY NEED TO BE STRONG AND INDEPENDENT! LET THEM FIGHT!

BUT WAIT! AGAIN! THEY'RE SHOWING WOMEN ABUSED! STOP THAT NINTENDO!

And so on, so forth...

I mean I'm a feminist. And for a while being Tumblr turned me into one of their kind, but then I realized. ''Holy ****. This is an entirely unnecessary level."

Samus is a cartoon character in a video game. A female in a suit of armor. One who is the original Smash female. She's about the most perfect representation of feminism that Nintendo has. It's like Moon Monkey says it's almost wrong to say that she CAN'T take a hit like a champ.
To be fair, this isn't the first time people have complained.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
My girlfriend has a tumblr account and, I'll agree, a lot of the social justice gets on my nerves. Some of it is genuinely thought provoking and makes me consider how I carry about myself but most of it is people who throw piss fits over the tiniest things. As others have said, it's a fighting game for Christ's sake. With Brawl these same people were whining that the cast was predominately male and now that we already have 2 new girls (with another 2 or 3 who are extremely likely), they're just looking for something to whine about.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Oh, I'm aware. Like I said. I've been on Tumblr since about 2008. I've seen my fair share of complaints that are legitimate and right. Then I've seen cases where you have to realize that they're just taking it over board.

Especially the feminists that straight up hate men or the ones against homophobia and racism that hate all straight people or don't believe that racism applies to EVERYBODY and not just select skin tones.

Tumblr's a ****ed up crooked place that says it's about equality, but they don't practice equality at all.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
My girlfriend has a tumblr account and, I'll agree, a lot of the social justice gets on my nerves. Some of it is genuinely thought provoking and makes me consider how I carry about myself but most of it is people who throw piss fits over the tiniest things. As others have said, it's a fighting game for Christ's sake. With Brawl these same people were whining that the cast was predominately male and now that we already have 2 new girls (with another 2 or 3 who are extremely likely), they're just looking for something to whine about.
Everyone needs to complain about something.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I mean I'm a feminist. And for a while being Tumblr turned me into one of their kind, but then I realized. ''Holy ****. This is an entirely unnecessary level."
I exchange words every so often with Apple Cider Mage, a famous WoW blogger and notable feminist in virtual space. I've learned that there's a fine line between what matters in that realm and what doesn't matter, and a lot of the things most feminists bring up definitely fall into the latter category. Such as this.

Agreed.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

As soon as I read this, I legitimately contemplated making a tumblr account just to post "Are you @#$%# serious!?"
This is why we can't have nice things, *****s has a problem with everything. It's a fighting game for ****s sake!

If anything, its sexist to imply Samus can't take a punch. Jeez, and I bet if DK or Fox was the one punched no one would have said a damn thing..........except PETA, but its PETA so no one would care anyway.

Reminds me of all those kids who threw a hissy fit defending Wii Fit Trainer because apparently "someone" hated on her for being a female. Then comes all these flood of defense art about this "issue" and guess what.... To this day, me and a number of other people have yet to find a single person who hated on Wii Fit Trainer simply for being a female.....:rolleyes:

Something tells me that because people where complaining about Wii Fit Trainer for coming out of the blue and all when she was first revealed, those Tumblr girls probably mistook it as hating on her for being female.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Oh, I'm aware. Like I said. I've been on Tumblr since about 2008. I've seen my fair share of complaints that are legitimate and right. Then I've seen cases where you have to realize that they're just taking it over board.

Especially the feminists that straight up hate men or the ones against homophobia and racism that hate all straight people or don't believe that racism applies to EVERYBODY and not just select skin tones.

Tumblr's a ****ed up crooked place that says it's about equality, but they don't practice equality at all.
Thinks that's bad? Try Youtube.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Reminds me of all those kids who threw a hissy fit defending Wii Fit Trainer because apparently "someone" hated on her for being a female. Then comes all these flood of defense art about this "issue" and guess what.... To this day, me and a number of other people have yet to find a single person who hated on Wii Fit Trainer simply for being a female.....:rolleyes:

Something tells me that because people where complaining about Wii Fit Trainer for coming out of the blue and all when she was first revealed, those Tumblr girls probably mistook it as hating on her for being female.
Well, they hate her now. Because Sakurai had the NERVE of adding a male costume.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I do think if we were to get females like Dixie or Krystal. We'd be less likely to see Tumblr's more extreme feminists stand up for them since they're not HUMAN females.

Bayonetta is another case where feminists are divided. Some are able to see that the sexualization of her is all in her control and she uses it to her advantage to take down her enemies. Others see it as a cheap ploy at the sexy librarian tactic.

So if by some off chance she'd be another likely female newcomer that I can see them being less likely to stick up for.

Meis

Smash Cadet

This is why we can't have nice things, *****s has a problem with everything. It's a fighting game for ****s sake!

Preeeeeeeeeeety sure the kid is kidding.

A regular activist wouldn't even know that the armored being is a woman.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm all for people trying to achieve acceptance/rights all that jazz. I get.
I just hate when people must nit pick at EVERYTHING, to the point where it forces people to be up tight and politically correct.

There is a perfect Key & Peele skit for this:
[collapse= Truth]
[/collapse]

Bur lemme stop, I should be getting back to looking for Little Mac gifs...

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

I 'd like to apologize for my gender, since it's mostly women who make such irrational arguments. :B

For "feminists" to make those kinds of complaints... , it's just pathetic. I don't get the reference, but what's wrong with Mac beating the **** out of Samus? It's a fighting game, and everyone's beating everyone up. I mean in Brawl you had Snake throwing GRENADES and using explosives against a monkey, a female, a male, a 12 YEAR OLD...

But its wrong for Mac to punch Samus.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
>_> Don't apologize on behalf of your "gender." That's silly. Apologize on behalf of the whackjobs that feel the need to vehemently attack every little ****ing detail.

Believe me, it's not limited to gender or sex.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Preeeeeeeeeeety sure the kid is kidding.

A regular activist wouldn't even know that the armored being is a woman.
Nope She was serious, as soon as I went back to look for Little Mac gifs I found her follow up post

I'm done. I'm going to Imgur for gifs...

Gotta love double standards:

What did Mario, Link and Kirby do for Miss Fit to hit them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom