• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There should have been a Purple WaRanger.

I barely even remember much from the Power Rangers other than the Green Ranger turning into the White Ranger. He was the Black and Red Rangers too at one point? How did that work?
There is. Jungle Fury's Wolf Ranger. Albeit, his official color is Violet according to Super Sentai. In fact, it was never "Purple" outside of Ninja Storm's dub mentioning that color. However, Orange was only a joke color via Boom in S.P.D. Nobody has that official color. The thing is, for some colors, they aren't real ones. Silver is sometimes used as a placeholder for guys like Titanium or Mercury. The first one is an American only, but I forget what he was called in Japan(Mercury Ranger). GekiViolet is Wolf Ranger's Japanese name.

Just checked, BoukenSilver is the same as Mercury Ranger.

Also, Marah's official color is Orange, while Kapri is Pink. If they were ever rangers, they'd be this. Elements unknown. Kapri had a dream as a Pink Wind Ranger, notably. Sadly, I don't think we ever saw an Orange one, so to this date, no Orange Ranger exists. At least, not a real one. S.P.D. Kat Ranger has elements of Orange and White, but nothing classifies her color at any given time officially.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Well before Melee's official roster appeared. Before "third party" was a thing or a problem. ...Oh, right, I include Perfect Cell too. XD

So yeah, obviously was not possible, well, nowadays. Who bloody knows what Sakurai might've done if he added third parties in Melee specifically? Brawl was the first, and that's when he made that criteria(never mind that that criteria might be outdated).
Oh wow, you go way back then with internet/forum activity. Never cared to join any forums until like 2004. Anyway, Perfect Cell? I approve of that too. xD (was my favorite villain of the main DBZ sagas)

For some reason I like to think Melee would've been worse if it had been the first Smash with 3rd parties. As it was with Brawl, Sonic's inclusion late in development kinda came at the expense of Mewtwo and whatnot, so if we had gotten 3rd parties in Melee, whose to say we would've never gotten certain newcomers to SSBM like Mewtwo at all to begin with? At least there probably would've been less throwaway spots on the roster like Pichu though in favor of 3rd parties, but eh... I dunno, I just see 3rd party additions in general as kind of a double edged sword, but at least Sakurai takes great care of whom to add, so it's all fine in the end I guess.

There should have been a Purple WaRanger.
There should've been an Orange Ranger in the county jails :troll:, and it would be Bulk or Skull.

Well Hyper already answered your question, so I guess that's all I got to say there.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
SAILOR. ****ING. MOON.
That one makes more sense in the toukusatsu adaption as all the characters have different hair when transformed. Not the perfect justification, but definitely makes more sense than the anime or manga.

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
I still think Sakurai should make "Video of the Weeks" like his PotD. Just so we can see some more gameplay. It wouldn't even have to be that long, just 30 seconds is enough for me.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I still think Sakurai should make "Video of the Weeks" like his PotD. Just so we can see some more gameplay. It wouldn't even have to be that long, just 30 seconds is enough for me.
And Sakurai now has another way of trolling us.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Yeah, DD had a lot of characters but it made more sense for the spike because it was 2 characters to a kart and Mario Kart 64 only had 8 characters and no unlockables. I'm hoping their stats are at least different enough from each other.
Well, we don't know if it'll just be weight classes. I'm honestly hoping for just weight classes and a double dash mode; MKDS had balance all over the place due to unique stats. In a game like MK, people just want to play their favorite character.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, we don't know if it'll just be weight classes. I'm honestly hoping for just weight classes and a double dash mode; MKDS had balance all over the place due to unique stats. In a game like MK, people just want to play their favorite character.
Pretty much.

I care little about balance in Mario Kart. I find the characters far more interesting since just about anyone(including Original Generation) can get in. Baby Daisy says sup. I actually wish Pac-Man appeared in a non-Arcade Mario Kart game, though.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team

Hahaha Someone is a huge Jo-Jo fan on the smash dev team
It's real? I thought it was shopped.
Pretty much.

I care little about balance in Mario Kart. I find the characters far more interesting since just about anyone(including Original Generation) can get in. Baby Daisy says sup. I actually wish Pac-Man appeared in a non-Arcade Mario Kart game, though.
Thinking about it, MK would have more balance by keeping the characters less unique and just their carts (which can be re-arranged if you can say, drive anything like in MKDS)

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Thinking about it, MK would have more balance by keeping the characters less unique and just their carts (which can be re-arranged if you can say, drive anything like in MKDS)
True.

I think how the original 64 game did it was fine. But it should be that Heavyweights are generally equal to each other, etc., and just have a ton of playable characters. The Wii U version is adding 7 Koopalings, so maybe we might get a large roster that are more or less the same guy with different sounds and models at best. Just in 3 weight levels. I'm okay with that.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
True.

I think how the original 64 game did it was fine. But it should be that Heavyweights are generally equal to each other, etc., and just have a ton of playable characters. The Wii U version is adding 7 Koopalings, so maybe we might get a large roster that are more or less the same guy with different sounds and models at best. Just in 3 weight levels. I'm okay with that.
If we get just the three wieght levels and they're same property wise but have ways of being balanced in their own weight levels AND A Double Dash mode, I'll be okay with that

I'm really hoping the Koopalings aren't it, but I can't really say I've ever been astounded by a newcomer roster. At least I got my Koopa <3

T

Trick or Treat

Sooo, Little Mac. While he's not someone I cared about before, having not played his games or really knowing anything about him, I definitely think he seems like an interesting character to play as. The swift, smooth punchy style is something rather unique to Smash Bros, and could be really fun. Definitely interested in seeing how far they take it with this meter thing, however.

As for the Koopalings, can't say I'm happy about 7 roster spots being taken by, as HyperFalcon said, "more or less the same guy with different sounds and models."

I'd much prefer more variety in the characters, but meh, as long we still end up with a good roster, I can't complain.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Mario Kart rosters aren't as important as say, Smash Bros.
It's give or take really. As long as I have a few characters I like to play as I'm fine.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Could've swapped Wiggler and that Bee for Birdo and Waluigi if you ask me.

Staarih

Smash Master
I love Mario Kart character rosters because they're usually so quirky. I mean, they have a same set of starter characters, but outside of them you could expect anything really. And I enjoy obscure characters (like Honey Queen, who saw that coming!?). The Koopalings are a great idea... but the amount of them worries me a bit. Guess there wouldn't be any point of having just a few of them in though, has to be all of them.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I do kind of like there's a set list of characters you know are pretty safe to appear in a Mario Kart title:

Mario, DK, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Toad, Wario,, etc.

Over time some people have been added to that roster like Daisy, Rosalina, Waluigi.

My only want with the consistence is that if they're a pretty important character in the Mario Universe. Why are the not allow to stay in each game? I'm talking people like Bowser Jr, Diddy Kong, etc.

T

Trick or Treat

On a personal note, I'd even go as far to say that most of the MKW roster should be the "core" group. Take out Dry Bowser, Funky, Baby Peach, and Baby Daisy, and you've got a great core right there. 'Course it's a pretty big core, but still. I'd hate to see any of those characters removed.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
"Safe"

Nothing is safe anymore after Waluigi's removal in 7. Okay, almost nothing.

can koopa become a mainline character plz
Waluigi's removal was pretty wtf, but I wouldn't actually hold him up to the safe standards of main stay important to Mario as a whole characters like Yoshi, Peach, Luigi, etc.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Waluigi's removal was pretty wtf, but I wouldn't actually hold him up to the safe standards of main stay important to Mario as a whole characters like Yoshi, Peach, Luigi, etc.
Yeah, I agree with you on the "Safe" characters you said. Koopa might be up there now. I'm hoping - even bowser jr seems safe

I really wonder how big MK8's roster will be...

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Not sure if you've seen this, but here.
Just gotta say I love the font new UI uses. If you don't think font makes a world of difference in design, look no further than this video.

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I hope every single character has an introduction cutscene, and not only the newcomers.
Also I think the gameplay part of these reveal trailers will be changed for the final product. I think we're getting different versions because the footage contains only the characters we already know are in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom