• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
OMG

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY!! *PrtSc PrtSc PrtSc*

*swoons*

Seriously though, I'm loving the new banner, even if there's only a few changes.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Bandai is releasing figures of the power rangers

Apparently the US is getting a different version of the Yellow Ranger than Japan (Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger)

The Yellow Ranger in the US figure is going to have a more feminine design.

Since the Japanese Yellow Ranger was played by a man, and the US was played by a girl

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Power Rangers?

The new Power Rangers as they are currently, and have been for a while now, are total crap.

However the older Power Rangers are still pretty good. Well the ones I got to watch anyway, Time Force, Wild Force, Lost Galaxy, Turbo, and I think I might have seen some of Mighty Morphin but I'm not sure. Time Force was my fave with Lost Galaxy as a close second.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
"What's your favorite kind of flower, Mac? Mine's chocolate."

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
That banner gave me some false hopes. Never trusting smashboards again. Anyways, what do you guys think about the damage meter for Lil-Mac? If it's an automatic kill, I think it's gonna get banned. I hope not though. He seems like an amazing fighter.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
That banner gave me some false hopes. Never trusting smashboards again. Anyways, what do you guys think about the damage meter for Lil-Mac? If it's an automatic kill, I think it's gonna get banned. I hope not though. He seems like an amazing fighter.
I think his air game is going to be as bad as it gets, which is good.
Because it seems like he more than makes up for it with his ground game/speed/power meter.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
It's gonna be hard to banned if it's a mechanic that can't be turned off and that it changes his Nspecial. So yea I doubt it will be.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Considering how long it takes to charge and the fact that the OHKO is extremely telegraphed by Mac's Power Meter dinging and saying KO, I don't think it'll be that bad.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Don't know, I can't really see that being the case. Mac might be a monster on the ground, but he's seems perfectly weakened in the air to balance his power. Even if it is a Killing Blow, wasn't Jigglypuff's rest more or less? The difference is instead of finding the right spot, you have to build meter.

I wonder how much time you'll get to punish him if he misses his OHKO punch.
I'd guess about as much as a Falcon Punch if it misses.

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce

Notice how the fire on the series emblem, the shadows, and audience in the back are in super fast motion until the KO appears. This shot was a time-lapse.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yes. And speaking of Sonic, I'm busy slowly slaving at Sonic 06.
Please stop. A mind is an awful thing to waste.

You must have a family BigAxle. Do you really think they would know that you are hurting yourself this way=??? Think about them before you ever play Sonic '06 again. Do what you think they would want you to do.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

You must have a family BigAxle. Do you really think they would know that you are hurting yourself this way=??? Think about them before you ever play Sonic '06 again. Do what you think they would want you to do.
Valentines day blues

D

Deleted member

Notice how the fire on the series emblem, the shadows, and audience in the back are in super fast motion until the KO appears. This shot was a time-lapse.
The mechanic most likely works as it does in the arcade game; the meter goes up as you get hits in and goes down as you get hit.

This would explain why Bowser had such high damage right before Mac threw the K.O. Punch; Mac was building up his meter by continuously hitting him.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
More like Valentine's Day Poos!!! :awesome:

I'll walk myself out...
I seriously doubt that the 3DS and WiiU version will have different physics. We haven't even seen enough of the WiiU to accurately decipher it yet alone the 3DS version.
They have different physics simply on the basis that the 3DS can't do as many things technologically as the Wii U can.

From the few shots I've seen and reviewed over and over and over, character movement and attacks in Smash 3DS is visibly quite a bit slower than in Smash Wii U.

It also looks like Smash WiiU is running at 1080p at 60 fps (something the X1 is struggling with), whereas Smash 3DS looks more like it's running at 30 fps (I'm not sure the definition on the 3DS). Of course, both games are far from complete, and things could change.
It seems we have project m represented in the Smash banner now.
One that looks freaking awesome and is mind blowing fun to play as.

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Anyway, this Smash Bros. is the perfect example of how much can Sakurai's mind change about a subject.
He said the Villager didn't suit a fighting game.
He said he couldn't come up with a moveset for Little Mac.
Who knows what's next. Ridley's size? More third parties? More retro characters he previously scrapped like Urban Champion or Mike Jones?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
He said he couldn't come up with a moveset for Little Mac.
I don't remember him ever saying that.

If you are going off of his AT status in Brawl, remember that he didn't have as much star power then as now.

Last edited:

SSBIx3M

Smash Apprentice
The mechanic most likely works as it does in the arcade game; the meter goes up as you get hits in and goes down as you get hit.

This would explain why Bowser had such high damage right before Mac threw the K.O. Punch; Mac was building up his meter by continuously hitting him.
So where did you get this theory from? :p Maybe GameXplain? I actually like this theory.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

Also, from another forum i frequent....

Guy from another forum said:
So you guys know those AEGames people that showed up?

They're former EA devs.

Super pissed at EA and super tired of Industry politics. Hence them working with Nintendo.

Basically, they know what goes on behind closed doors and they're mad. They're developing (self funding too(

A hot blooded historical spartan football game where you fight to the death XD
Suck it EA!

Last edited:

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
The power meter being charged by how much damage you do makes sense, it resembles the games and it's quite balanced, just imagine how overpowered it would be if it charges alone. Geez.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer

Not unless you are working with your family to mock the game endlessly. :troll:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not unless you are working with your family to mock the game endlessly. :troll:
Oddly enough, my nephew and I worked together and had a lot of fun with the game. The glitches in multiplayer, for instance, gave us a ton of laughs.

But eh, until Sonic Lost World, it was truthfully the only Sonic game I enjoyed before it. Colors nor Generations was fun to me, albeit, I still need to play the handheld version of Colors and console version of Generations, so... might change. I was entirely unimpressed at all with Unleashed. Colors(Console) was a boring fest with nothing enjoyable to me. I actually never much like the Rush engine, so Color handheld was boring and just a pain to play. To note, the day stages are one of my most despised styles of play. The new homing attack is not fun to use, being too slow to work with, and I hate auto-scrolling with a passion(Sonic 2's stage with it is one of the few I don't mind). I also hate "Press X to not die", and the Werehog sections were meh platforming-wise. So basically Unleashed was probably one of the worst games I ever experienced. I won't lie when I say "I don't really find the game enjoyable at all", because nothing was fun to me with its design. The only thing I will say is that the Day stages were slightly less infuriating than the Mach Speed sections. The problem is? Everything else about Sonic 2006 was very fun to me. I loved the rest of the playstyles, as well as the characterization, music, and cutscenes.

That said, Unleashed's cutscenes were actually good, although the music didn't do anything for me. Chip was cool, too. It's still a boring game to me, but it has a few enjoyable bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom