• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Well anyways,

I was thinking, what sort of game would best fit Ice Climbers if they got a new game?

I was thinking 3D platformer along the lines of banjo kazooie and Mario 64, but vegetables instead of jiggies and stars.

I mean, look at the new KI compared to the NES game. This comparatively isn't much of a stretch.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
With Pit, I'd rather have him ship OUT

Liking Kid Icarus doesn't feel as cool now that it has a more mainstream, and creepy, fanbase.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'm still mad how my level got reset on Gears of War 3. >_> But at least it is still fun as hell, wish I could play it online though.

Still don't know if I ever want to try and get Judgment though. I've heard mostly bad things about the game and how it was CoD'd, like Halo. The only real reason would be for the story more then likely, yes Gears of War 3, a shooter game, actually has a good story. Halo does as well, which will probably be the reason why I would get games beyond Halo 3.

But still. I hate it when shooters I like get CoD's. because I play them because they aren't CoD because I dislike CoD. .-.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
With Pit, I'd rather have him ship OUT

Liking Kid Icarus doesn't feel as cool now that it has a more mainstream, and creepy, fanbase.
Did they ever figure out how close you can get Viridi/Palutena? With the offerings.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So, I had a nightmare.

I don't remember what it was about, but I jolted up frightened by something.

D

Deleted member

For those who are interested, I shoud invite you to take a look to the Nintendo Special Big Band concert at Nico Nico Choukaigi 3‏, which can be viewed on YouTube.

I tell you that because videos of this concert have risks to be taken down due to the copyright stuff, so be careful.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Code Lyoko.

Boy did I hate that show
Dem foreheads though....
The show was iight, I remember watching it on CN during their Miguzi (Is that it?) time block.
I was more interested in Totally Spies, TMNT and KND though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also, fan-art of the day :

Well found with the Star Fox cast as Naruto characters. :p

Lucario however... What the heck ?

Last edited by a moderator:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Heh.
Didn't know that Naruto is hated as to be considered like Jump's FF XIII/Other M/Skyward Sword in USA too.
It pretty much is the "LIGHTNING RETURNS" of Shonen Jump. (MUST BRING BACK SAUCE CAUSE HE NOT EVEIL! Meanwhile SAUCE IS WANTS TO KILL MURDER PEOPLE! HURRR)

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Heh.
Didn't know that Naruto is hated as to be considered like Jump's FF XIII/Other M/Skyward Sword in USA too.
Part 1 of Naruto was excellent. Kishi did an amazing job creating a universe and developing characters.

Then he broke all the rules he set up, and left the characters he created and developed to rot. It's a frustrating series to read, especially if you've stuck with it for a long time. It's so far from the manga that started years ago.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If Luigi is unlockable but Rosalina is a starter that would just be spitting on Luigi. Either Rosalina is an unlockable or Luigi is a starter.
I'm fairly confident Luigi's a starter this time around. Things have gotten a lot better for the man in green since Brawl and it could be argued that he's gotten just as much face time as Mario has in recent years. It kind of upset me that Luigi wasn't in 64 or Sunshine despite the fact that the franchise started off as MARIO BROS but things have gone back to the way they were when the series started off so I don't think there's much reason to have him unlockable anymore.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I wouldn't say that part 1 of Naruto was excellent, but Kishimoto did set up the foundations of what could have been something close to that. Then, as you said, he shredded that potential to ribbons. A world of mercenary ninjas, interwoven with elements of Japanese cosmology, history, mythology and drama...sooooooo much good stuff there. A stable of characters that, while trope-y and cliched in their own ways, had interesting motivations and interactions.

But, nope.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I'm fairly confident Luigi's a starter this time around. Things have gotten a lot better for the man in green since Brawl and it could be argued that he's gotten just as much face time as Mario has in recent years. It kind of upset me that Luigi wasn't in 64 or Sunshine despite the fact that the franchise started off as MARIO BROS but things have gone back to the way they were when the series started off so I don't think there's much reason to have him unlockable anymore.
Well, I see your point there.
But he'll be nuber 2 again.
To freaking Jigglypuff.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Speaking of Luigi, I finally beat Dream Team. Because of my stupidly stuffed schedule, it took me about four months to beat because I rarely had time to play it for more than 20-30 minutes on most days. Overall, I'd rate it the second best of the series. The gameplay was easily the best since the first, Yoko Shimomura is still a musical genius, and I liked all the references to the previous games. The only things I didn't like were the groan worthy amount of forced tutorials at the beginning and all the "make or break" tilt control segments of the giant battles. I don't think the series will ever be as funny as the first though. Maybe it was just because it was 11 years ago, but I remember there were so many things in that game that had me laughing until I was crying. All the rest of the games have had their moments but Superstar Saga had solid comedic writing for a Nintendo game that wouldn't be matched until Kid Icarus Uprising.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
For those who are interested, I shoud invite you to take a look to the Nintendo Special Big Band concert at Nico Nico Choukaigi 3‏, which can be viewed on YouTube.

I tell you that because videos of this concert have risks to be taken down due to the copyright stuff, so be careful.
You guys should really check this video out, it's glorious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom