• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, that's what mainstream success does for you.
Along with the popularity, you get Rule 34...
With all due respect, every fanbase has that group of weird people that most people stay away from it.

Anyway, the Kid Icarus fanbase has its share of weirdos, but none of them compare to the Sonic, MLP and some anime fandoms.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
With all due respect, every fanbase has that group of weird people that most people stay away from it.

Anyway, the Kid Icarus fanbase has its share of weirdos, but none of them compare to the Sonic, MLP and some anime fandoms.
Or that Smash Bros fanbase.
All they care about is no Fox, items only, Battlefield. They're the definition of "Stop Having Fun Guys".
Thanks goodness I'm not part of it. :upsidedown:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
What exactly were you doing in D.C., anyway?
Learning my history, eating salad, and viewing monuments to male superiority.

In any case, I was looking at the gate of time..

And the symbol at the '5' place on the clock looks a LOT like the Phantom Hourglass symbol.. do any of the other symbols around the crest mean anything?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
All they care about is no Fox, items only, Battlefield. They're the definition of "Stop Having Fun Guys".
Clearly. It couldn't be because we just play the game differently from the item folk, right? Not at all.

How ****ing half-witted can you be?

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I'm surprised anyone would be surprised by the Kid Icarus thing at all, what fanbase doesn't have its crazies. I think Kid Icarus did get it more fair share due to the fact that unlike most Nintendo Characters, the Icarus characters in uprising were given pretty clear and distinct personalities that could be read in a number of different ways.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm surprised anyone would be surprised by the Kid Icarus thing at all, what fanbase doesn't have its crazies. I think Kid Icarus did get it more fair share due to the fact that unlike most Nintendo Characters, the Icarus characters in uprising were given pretty clear and distinct personalities that could be read in a number of different ways.
This sums in up IMO. Fans wanted voice acting, so they gave us a whole TON of voice acting and personality!

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560

And the symbol at the '5' place on the clock looks a LOT like the Phantom Hourglass symbol.. do any of the other symbols around the crest mean anything?
The 10 symbol looks like an I Unown. I doubt it means anything.

Last edited:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Clearly. It couldn't be because we just play the game differently from the item folk, right? Not at all.

How ****ing half-witted can you be?

Smooth Criminal

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Had a dream last night, where Meta Knight, Ganondorf, and Ganon had been reaveled as characters. Ganon Looked like a blue version of the TP design. Also for some reason Valve was involved in developing Ganon and Ganondorf.
Don't remember more details from that dream, just wanted to share.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well, I'm back to being Skull Kid again. I was going to change it for May, but I got impatient.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I never saw the point of stating when you change your avatar. Maybe it's because I change my avi like every other day. So there isn't any point in stating it. lol

Still I wonder how many people could guess who the 2 people are in my avi.

Its not like they are in my sig or anything.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I never saw the point of stating when you change your avatar. Maybe it's because I change my avi like every other day. So there isn't any point in stating it. lol

Still I wonder how many people could guess who the 2 people are in my avi.

Its not like they are in my sig or anything.
CAUSE IT'S FUN MIM! :p

But seriously, I don't really change my avi all that often, so maybe that's why I announce it...

I have a great image... but I need someone to ask me if my body is ready. XD

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
Pachter may not be right about Iwata's replacement but he is right about Iwata needing to go. He's poison for Nintendo.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is an enderman plush,

But I'm totally disappointed it doesn't make the sound endermen make when you stare at them

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The story that said they found the pit where all the crushed games where supposedly buried years ago.
Microsoft funded the project. If it's fake, I don't think they would be happy

---

I just made a sandwich, ate half of it and was still hungry so I made another sandwhich...

Forgetting I have another half

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator

The 11 or 12th hour ones look like they could have been the Kokiri Emerald, and the 3rd hour could have been a Sage Pendant. I don't actually recognize anything really.

I went looking for answers on the Zelda wiki and apparently in the official Japanese Player's Guide, you can find this:

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The 11 or 12th hour ones look like they could have been the Kokiri Emerald, and the 3rd hour could have been a Sage Pendant. I don't actually recognize anything really.

I went looking for answers on the Zelda wiki and apparently in the official Japanese Player's Guide, you can find this:

Yeah, Zelda had quite a few religious references.
Many were taken out during localization though.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Defuq? I'm aware the first 3 Zelda games tend to have a bit of Christianity themes but a full blown Jesus on the cross? Doesn't sound like something Nintendo would do at all.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You can still see a cross on the Shields in some of the artwork too. Even on the American Player's Guide.
Or better yet, the Book of Magic. Which according to ZeldaWiki was called the "Bible" over in Japan.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Or better yet, the Book of Magic. Which according to ZeldaWiki was called the "Bible".
I'd like to note that that wasn't necessarily the case. A Bible actually was just another Book to some people. Much like how some say a "Magazine is their Bible". It was probably just a term for a Book and nothing more.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I'd like to note that that wasn't necessarily the case. A Bible actually was just another Book to some people. Much like how some say a "Magazine is their Bible". It was probably just a term for a Book and nothing more.

You can downplay it all you want, but when the Hero of Time is praying in front of the crucifixion you're not going to cast much doubt.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You can downplay it all you want, but when the Hero of Time is praying in front of the crucifixion you're not going to cast much doubt.
Well, it's just not Christianity.
Ocarina of Time had a few references to Islam as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom