• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
After going under and over hill, MaskO'Gears returns to Smashboards!

Seriously though, I'm back... so... yay?
Welcome back!
We made sure not to break a ton of things.
But then again we didn't promise either so...

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Yay. /Deadpan

Doing well?
Yes, thanks for asking. Washington D.C. does not disappoint.

So... all filler pics huh? Glad I dodged all that. :laugh:

Welcome back!
We made sure not to break a ton of things.
But then again we didn't promise either so...
I see that Ice Climbers didn't get revealed. How did everyone take that?

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Dare I ask what the latter one is? *eyetwitch* Part of me thinks we can talk about a lot of things.
You mean the Ephraim x Eirika pairing I mentioned? They're the protagonists of Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones... and they're twins. Hence the comparison.

I see that Ice Climbers didn't get revealed. How did everyone take that?
I most certainly did not give a single ****.

I only expect more characters at E3 now. I don't believe that there will be any character reveal between the Smash Direct and E3.

That said, I will always appreciate a reveal if any happens.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I still feel like the only person who doesn't want unlockable characters or stages. I never enjoyed unlocking them. Always felt like a chore. I may dislike the SSE but at least it made it possible to unlock all the characters in one day easily. Stages were still a pain now. Hell I didn't have all stage unlocked in Melee until last year after I got into competitive play. Cause that final event was a pain in the ass along with that Multi-Man Melee thing. I would prefer it if Smash 4 would have no unlockable stages or characters. It's nothing but a chore that keeps me from enjoying the game to its fullest longer. .-.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
You mean the Ephraim x Eirika pairing I mentioned? They're the protagonists of Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones... and they're twins. Hence the comparison.
The sad thing is that relationship isn't completely out there as Fire Emblem has dabbled in incestuous relationships.

Genealogy of the Holy War anyone?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
But for what?
Sure, curiosity is one. And really, other than completionists. There's not much of a reason to go through it all.
If anything, at least unlockables keep something going (And yes I understand I'm just bringing up what I think if the game had no characters unlockable).
Um...for people who like playing the game? Am I really the only one?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Not that I ship Pit X Dark Pit (or KI in general), but I get a sibling vibe from Pit and Palutena like you do with Pit and Dark Pit. Palutena's the older sister who enjoys playing pranks and messing with Pit, Pit's the younger sibling who takes it with a good nature and admires her.
Well, that makes sense too. I hadn't thought of that. In a way, Pit and Palutena's relationship is somewhat ambiguous that it can be interpreted in different ways.

The sad thing is that relationship isn't completely out there as Fire Emblem has dabbled in incestuous relationships.

Genealogy of the Holy War anyone?
Yeah, I know that FE4 has its share of incest, but I think Ephraim x Eirika is a bit excessive.

Also, Awakening allows you to ship cousins, notably Lucina x Owain.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
If Luigi is unlockable but Rosalina is a starter that would just be spitting on Luigi. Either Rosalina is an unlockable or Luigi is a starter.
Why not both be unlockables? The more, the merrier.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Um...for people who like playing the game? Am I really the only one?
...No. Maybe on this particular thread?

Unlockables are the best incentive. Unfortunately, the modes themselves are far from perfect. 64's version gets really repetitive except for the Target Tests and Board the Platforms. Melee's Classic has only different Target Tests, but the actual lineup is very different for you to face. Brawl's Classic is closer to the 64 version, with one of two Target Tests, the same for everyone(bleh), and a somewhat predictable set of characters to face. It's semi-random instead of almost entirely. Melee's All-Star is almost completely random. Brawl's All-Star has almost nothing random(it's just whether you face Zelda/Sheik or Samus/ZSS and that's it. The order of who shows up first when you go against a particular franchise is a little random, but it's overall the same guys. You generally will only face ZSS or Samus during a full run on All-Star, though). Adventure Mode was fairly linear, though. The SSE is too, but has a lot more to do overall. It just lacks being about Nintendo for the most part.

Not everybody finds those modes interesting, simply put.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
...No. Maybe on this particular thread?

Unlockables are the best incentive. Unfortunately, the modes themselves are far from perfect. 64's version gets really repetitive except for the Target Tests and Board the Platforms. Melee's Classic has only different Target Tests, but the actual lineup is very different for you to face. Brawl's Classic is closer to the 64 version, with one of two Target Tests, the same for everyone(bleh), and a somewhat predictable set of characters to face. It's semi-random instead of almost entirely. Melee's All-Star is almost completely random. Brawl's All-Star has almost nothing random(it's just whether you face Zelda/Sheik or Samus/ZSS and that's it. The order of who shows up first when you go against a particular franchise is a little random, but it's overall the same guys. You generally will only face ZSS or Samus during a full run on All-Star, though). Adventure Mode was fairly linear, though. The SSE is too, but has a lot more to do overall. It just lacks being about Nintendo for the most part.

Not everybody finds those modes interesting, simply put.
Overall, I think Melee has the best single player modes.

The Classic mode didn't take an hour to beat like Brawl's, for example.

Also, because I miss Race to the Finish.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

64 I didn't mind either. But I concur. I love Board the Platforms in general.(except Kirby's.)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It would be cool if more of those bonus games returned. Brawl only had Break the Targets...

The Smash Run will have Break the Targets parts, so maybe it will also have other mini-games.

I didn't know that, as my Owain was too busy being alone because he's wierd.
He's actually one of my favorite characters thanks to being a blatant parody of hot blooded heroes. I shipped him with Cynthia in my playthrough.

Now that I think of it, Owain and Black Star (from the manga/anime Soul Eater) are quite similar...

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I think the best setup is to have about 35% of the roster to be unlocked, but there are, like, half a dozen methods to unlock them. Ideally, the Challenges menu from Brawl could include characters as well, and have the ability to buy Golden Hammers to use on said locked characters.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
He's actually one of my favorite characters thanks to being a blatant parody of hot blooded heroes. I shipped him with Cynthia in my playthrough.

Now that I think of it, Owain and Black Star (from the manga/anime Soul Eater) are quite similar...
I have no idea who that is.

Actually, I paired him with Severa (it makes perfect sense to me).

On my first playthrough I married Lucina to Gerome, but their relationship is so horribly dull and awkward that this time I'm probably going to save myself the trouble and marry her myself. XD

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I want mah Board the Platforms back!
What's annoying is they removed Race to the Finish too. Mind you, Melee's RttF felt like the 64 combination of that and its Board the Platforms.

I still would like them all back, but yeah. I understand having 35-39 Target Tests is hard(Zelda/Sheik has the same on in Melee, but were meant to have their own in that game, notably), but couldn't he have gave an amount based upon each Franchise instead? Or have some characters share ones if they have similar movements/height? Brawl's Classic was super long and should've had more mini-games as is. Trophy Grab being gone was pretty annoying since Trophies are hard enough to make show up as is(never mind new).

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm a simple man. Just give me King K. Rool and this song as the character select theme:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

I want to point out I did not like brawl's classic mainly because of the LOOOOOOONG loading time. Ok it's just 5-10 seconds yeah but x15 (don't remember how many stages there were here). Add to the fact that you have to do this 35 times (39 for one challenge) and it's ANNOYING. Melee's classic is short and almost no loading time. it's so quick that you do it 29 times while still having fun.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

I most certainly did not give a single ****.

I only expect more characters at E3 now. I don't believe that there will be any character reveal between the Smash Direct and E3.

That said, I will always appreciate a reveal if any happens.
*eyetwitch* Twins shipping is like one of the worse things ever. At least have some kinda difference in them. D:

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
I'm watching Vinesauce stream Wario Date.

It's as scary as it sounds

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'm a simple man. Just give me King K. Rool and this song as the character select theme:

Yea i do hope the character select screen gets a song like in 64 when melee and brawl stuck with the menu music and if the character selct screen gets a song i would love it if its simular to this

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Well, I had a good weekend.

Got caught up with channels I've been meaning to watch.

I also finally got around to IV breeding and EV training a Mandibuzz. I don't really have a team though, I've just been randomly IV breeding and EV training whatever Pokemon I felt like. Sure, I have enough to make a team...but it would probably not be that good and unorganized...

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So since Mimgrim has stopped sharing his progress on Dark Souls, should I share my progress on Dark Souls 2?
I haven't been playing it lately for some reason. I haven't been able to bring myself to play any of my PS3 games latel for some reason. Same thing goes for my 3DS games, I just can;t bring myself to play them for w/e reason. I can only seem to bring myself to play my Wii and Xbox 360. And I have no idea why.

At this rate I'm gonna have to start over some of the game I started playing on the PS3 and 3DS. :/

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Since it's midnight here and that I have nothing to do...

WEIRD TRIVIA TIME!!!
Wonder where comes my avatar? Well.. it's from Paper Mario the Thousand-year Door, my favourite RPG. I glitch hunted this game for 6 months and I found some stuff but others are... kinda weird such as my avatar. Know what it is?

The answer is here: http://www.vgfacts.com/trivia/6003/
(made the text,image and video.)

I'm serious if you have this game on emulator, you can clearly see it via free look. But this raise a more important question:

Why the f*** it's there?

I don't know but it's there lol (actually, I discovered this which is why I like this as an avatar it makes me unique :) )

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
AH!

I was looking so forward to Mario Golf

It comes out a few days BEFORE Kirby though

Kirby is going to consume all my time

Status
Not open for further replies.