• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I've heard that the only notoriously difficult boss in CoM was Captain Hook, which is hilarious since he was a joke in the first game.
....****. I just remembered why I never finished the gameboy version. Thanks for reminding me. :glare:

I kid, I kid.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
New avatar to celebrate my newfound love for Palutena x Pit. Before anyone dare say it's pushing the boundaries, it is just an innocent picture of Pit hugging his beloved goddess. :love:

It's arguably the least disturbing Kid Icarus pairing. *cough* *cough* Pit x Dark Pit *cough*

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Well, 5. One a month is fine, so 5 reveals over 3 months should be fine.
I'm implying that five characters were announced this month, two to substitute the complete lack on news last month, two for this month, and one to make only one reveal possible for May. Two characters per month is usual, so there's still a chance for a reveal next month.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I'm implying that five characters were announced this month, two to substitute the complete lack on news last month, two for this month, and one to make only one reveal possible for May. Two characters per month is usual, so there's still a chance for a reveal next month.
Remember we are about to get a newcomer blow out.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I've just beat Kingdom Hearts last night (or shall I say this early morning). ***nem took longer than usual because of his beam and thunder spam combo throughout the fight. Now to experience Chain of Memories, which may or may not be even worse than the first game.
The first game requires tighter play but it's not exactly the hardest. CoM is the most consistently difficult and it's because the game doesn't give you a lot of mobility or defensive options. It really starts to pick up later in the floors, and I remember Vexen tying up a lot of my time, even as a Kingdom Hearts veteran. It's crazy because this game was originally designed for children to play on the GBA. I don't see how many of them could have beat a game like this.

Quite honestly, I don't see any possibilities of character reveals until Thursday
What's special about Thursday?

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Yea. CoM's gameplay is a total pain. It's the only KH game I play on easy mode. I just dislike the card system so much. And I even cheapened the battles as much as possible. So annoying.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think we won't be seeing a character reveal in May, just like March. I think it will be the same thing as March and April, but with E3 instead of a Smash Direct.

New avatar to celebrate my newfound love for Palutena x Pit. Before anyone dare say it's pushing the boundaries, it is just an innocent picture of Pit hugging his beloved goddess. :love:

It's arguably the least disturbing Kid Icarus pairing. *cough* *cough* Pit x Dark Pit *cough*
Pit x Dark Pit is awfully bad, like Ephraim x Eirika levels of bad. Only the mind of a crazed shipper can twist an obvious sibling rivalry into a romantic relationship.

Nice avatar, by the way.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Still expecting Wario for Mario Kart 8.

Of course, I wouldn't mind not getting anything if E3 is an information dump for Smash with a couple of newcomers and maybe some veterans.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Still expecting Wario for Mario Kart 8.

Of course, I wouldn't mind not getting anything if E3 is an information dump for Smash with a couple of newcomers and maybe some veterans.
He's already playable. Here's the current roster
http://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Kart_8#Playable
But this is interesting. Nintendo is likely to acquire SEGA, so we might see Sonic appear in Mario Kart someday, but if that happens he would be a guest character just like R.O.B. was in Mario Kart DS.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Pit x Dark Pit is awfully bad, like Ephraim x Eirika levels of bad. Only the mind of a crazed shipper can twist an obvious sibling rivalry into a romantic relationship.

Nice avatar, by the way.
Why thank you kind sir. I hate such pairings from the bottom of my heart, especially when it comes to dark side characters (Dark Link, ect.). I can tell the shipping might get a little better (Miss Fit, Little Mac, ect.) or worse (Greninja, Villager, ect.) in the Smash fanbase with certain newcomers. E3 will not be that long of a wait since my semester will be over by mid-March and I have all the time in the world to relax about studies.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Mario Kart 8 comes out May 30th, by that point, it's already less than two weeks away from E3 (begins June 10th). At that point, Nintendo will likely be in preparation mode getting ready for E3 and whatnot. Announcing another character while they are in preparation mode... doesn't really sound like something I would get my hopes up for. I don't expect any character in May. If I get one, I'll be pleasantly surprised, but with E3 SO CLOSE, I don't expect one, lest Nintendo decides to pull a pre-E3 Nintendo Direct right out of nowhere, but even then I expect them to save the big news for the actual show.

DarrylTrainer

Smash Apprentice

I like that one better ;)

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I'm absolutely certain that Wario will return, with 2 WarioWare assist trophies, there's just no reason to cut him
I think if we don't see Ness, Captain, and Wario by the end of E3, then it's pretty much implicit we're going to have a number of unlockables. Some people seem against the notion. I'm not saying having a small number of unlockables is rational. Even Brawl's was disproportionate, with over half the cast playable from the start.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Not that I ship Pit X Dark Pit (or KI in general), but I get a sibling vibe from Pit and Palutena like you do with Pit and Dark Pit. Palutena's the older sister who enjoys playing pranks and messing with Pit, Pit's the younger sibling who takes it with a good nature and admires her.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I think if we don't see Ness, Captain, and Wario by the end of E3, then it's pretty much implicit we're going to have a number of unlockables. Some people seem against the notion. I'm not saying having a small number of unlockables is rational. Even Brawl's was disproportionate, with over half the cast playable from the start.
I feel that the majority of characters should be available from the start, as it would be unfair to buy the game and have practically no one to play.

Especially if the majority of unlockable characters are right there on the website.

It seems like that would be a cheap way to increase play time.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

That is actually one of my favorite Pit + Palutena pics, Pit hugging Palutena's godly bosom, but you know me enjoying the cuteness already. >_<

I still won't understand the Pit x Dark Pit thing. I mean I have some friends that like it and I won't bash em for it, but I just ain't a yaoi person. *shivers* Beats Pit x Magnus at least... I think.. what do I know? As far as KI pairings go, I generally accept Pit with Palutena, Phosphora, or Viridi. Dark Pit x Pandora is questionable, but at least it isn't Yaoi. *shrug*

Back to Pit x Palutena, they've been portrayed as Mother/son, Big sis/little bro, and a standard pairing. I don't mind either of those when it comes to those 2 characters just to clarify.

I think we won't be seeing a character reveal in May, just like March. I think it will be the same thing as March and April, but with E3 instead of a Smash Direct.

Nice avatar, by the way.
Dare I ask what the latter one is? *eyetwitch* Part of me thinks we can talk about a lot of things.
And yes, that is a nice avy for sure.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
But Wario was a starter.
And besides, we knew about Snake and Sonic during Brawl, and they were still unlockable. And I doubt Marth, Luigi, and Toon Link will be starters this time around.
Though, I hope they go back to the Melee ways of unlocking things. I like having to do very unique things to get certain characters (though if Mewtwo's back I'd rather not unlock him the same way as before).

I feel that the majority of characters should be available from the start, as it would be unfair to buy the game and have practically no one to play.

Especially if the majority of unlockable characters are right there on the website.

It seems like that would be a cheap way to increase play time.
Honestly, I feel like unlocking is a way to keep the player invested.
It could be just me, but it gives a player a reason to go on. To play the other modes.
Let's face it, when you have the whole cast at the start, why would you want to play any of the other modes?
You'd just play a few versus matches to get the feel of the game (and some of the newcomers) and then go online.
Let's face it, unless you're a completionist. Why would you want to go through Classic or Adventure mode? To go through Target Test or the events? Nothing really.
And sure, there are stages. But you just don't get the same excitement like you would with a character.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
But Wario was a starter.
And besides, we knew about Snake and Sonic during Brawl, and they were still unlockable. And I doubt Marth, Luigi, and Toon Link will be starters this time around.
Though, I hope they go back to the Melee ways of unlocking things. I like having to do very unique things to get certain characters (though if Mewtwo's back I'd rather not unlock him the same way as before).

Honestly, I feel like unlocking is a way to keep the player invested.
It could be just me, but it gives a player a reason to go on. To play the other modes.
Let's face it, when you have the whole cast at the start, why would you want to play any of the other modes?
You'd just play a few versus matches to get the feel of the game (and some of the newcomers) and then go online.
Let's face it, unless you're a completionist. Why would you want to go through Classic or Adventure mode? To go through Target Test or the events? Nothing really.
And sure, there are stages. But you just don't get the same excitement like you would with a character.
I don't mean no unlockables. But if there are too many characters locked away, that's just as bad as having everyone at once.

Frankly, people do enjoy playing through those modes.

Also, I always unlocked Mewtwo by starting a stock battle with four players and leaving it all night.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To note, I think Marth should be a Starter. Same with Ness for sure. I wouldn't mind if Jigglypuff and Falcon are kept Starters too. I am unsure of with Luigi, but the original 12 being permanent Starters is cool with me. Also, if a series gets more characters, the Veterans of that series should be Starters, imo. Or at least the first among them(as in Marth, Ness, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, the Zelda characters do that already(in the way I want it), any 3rd party if a Company gets more than one character somehow, Falcon(but only if F-Zero gets a new rep. He can be either/or otherwise), Mario, Bowser, Peach).

I honestly rarely bother to go through Single Player unless it's super fun and just for the unlockables. Brawl... kind of dropped the ball on this outside of the SSE, but it'd take me forever to say why I wasn't fond of the single player all that much. I'll keep it brief; I love unlocking characters. You can't erase them on Brawl so you can do it again. You only unlock them once through any of the means. I think this is a design flaw that 4 should fix.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't mean no unlockables. But if there are too many characters locked away, that's just as bad as having everyone at once.
Still, I wouldn't want just a handful of characters locked away either.
I prefer a nice balance. Enough to get you goin'. But some as a little "surprise".

Frankly, people do enjoy playing through those modes.
But for what?
Sure, curiosity is one. And really, other than completionists. There's not much of a reason to go through it all.
If anything, at least unlockables keep something going (And yes I understand I'm just bringing up what I think if the game had no characters unlockable).

Also, I always unlocked Mewtwo by starting a stock battle with four players and leaving it all night.
It's really the concept for me.
Sure, it's a treat for those who've stayed long enough to get him (sure would make you the coolest kid in school). But it does get annoying having to wait (especially for us 3DS owners, as to my knowledge the four player trick won't work).
And if I go along with my plan on maining Mr. G&W. I'll just hope I don't need to use the Melee way of getting him if that's the case.

is it me or this forum is less active on week-end? might have to do with no potd.
Nah, we just tend to have our ups and downs.
Kinda like how some of the other "popular" threads have slow days.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
After going under and over hill, MaskO'Gears returns to Smashboards!

Seriously though, I'm back... so... yay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom