• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Nintendo did a big band concert the other day and, surprising, the final part of the show was Smash Bros music.

The other four parts which feature Mario, DK, Zelda, Pokemon, Kirby, and Animal Crossing music are in the other four parts on the channel.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Nintendo did a big band concert the other day and, surprising, the final part of the show was Smash Bros music.

The other four parts which feature Mario, DK, Zelda, Pokemon, Kirby, and Animal Crossing music are in the other four parts on the channel.
This is freaking gold. Some of these remixes should definitely be considered for Smash bros. 4

D

Deleted member

Heh, they concluded with the best Nintendo franchise ever, so it's normal in a sense. :cool:

They should have make a medley with Metroid, Fire Emblem and other Nintendo games though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Hmmmmmm............. I think Nintendo needs a new marketing department for America their "commercials" are horrible, they keep advertising corny kids that just "love" what they are playing and it just comes off as bad acting. Just look at Tomadachi Life, the direct was amazing that had adult jokes, kid jokes, my body was ready, and was so out there it caught me off guard. The commercials just show kids saying "WOW, my brother is falling and lands on a Hamburger, this is SOOO FUNNY HAHAHAHA". It rots your brain, they need more advertisements like the Tomadachi Life direct, because that made me want to buy the game, maybe air snippets on TV it would cause a riot. They need to appeal to kids, but also throw a bone to adults and teenagers, and I believe the Tomadachi life direct did that. Of course, I love their regular game trailers, like the ones shown in Nintendo Directs, and I love their Directs that show off a certain game, like the Smash Bros 4 one, but seriously Nintendo of America, do more television commercials that are for adults. Do trailers that interest both parties. I know your main source of business is tiny squeeky kids, but you have a loyal adult fanbase that waits for you, and some that want to come back, but the things you advertise aren't good, and advertising with tiny squeeky kids just isn't good. Also, wouldn't advertising it with adults that are awesome like Bill Trinten, or Reggie be more awesome for kids? They do look up to adults you know. I'm going to end my rant here..... *End Rant

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Oooh, I like that Smash Bros band arrangement.

And on the KH topic: I hope to see more footage at E3.

I'd like a world from Atlantis: The Lost Empire. It has the potential to look very pretty judging by the game's engine.

And Agrabah should return, but with a darker storyline, and taking place a while after King of Thieves, with Cassim as a possible party member and Mozenrath as the antagonist.

Oh, and Olympus better have the other two titans and the gods, and the Coliseum, Mount Olympus, overworld, and underworld all explorable. And Zack as a party member, and possibly Angeal as one of the gods.

I'm a little worried about the direction the series is going, though, based on the Dream Eater concepts and the official artwork for Sora, Donald, and Goofy for KH3.

Looks so...kiddish, even by Kingdom Hearts standards.

Speaking of games that fell off the face of the Earth, what has happened to the Last Guardian???
....Anyone remember Project H.A.M.M.E.R? :sadness:

----

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh I just want to point this out

On the greninja trailer I think every pokemon that came out will be pokeball/master ball pokemon but I think there are like probably like 2-5 more assist pokemon that were not shown

Case of point this pokemon was not seen in the trailer

Because what would Palkia and grating be like without dialga with his roar of time

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Except Sonic. Nintendo might as well buy Sonic. He just fits.
NO.

I don't mind Sonic games being on Nintendo consoles, but I don't want him to be picked up by Nintendo. This has nothing to do with remnants of the SEGA VS Nintendo console wars either (I grew up with the Playstation myself). I just feel like Nintendo would remove a lot of what makes Sonic cool, and would just "Mario-fy" the series, and close off a lot of the existing fan base. The only possible exception is if Sakurai were directing the game. He's the only one I would trust (solely because what I've seen of Kid Icarus: Uprising makes me think he's capable of writing for Sonic characters), but this would never happen.

Not only that, but Sonic Generations being released on the PC was one of the best things to happen to the franchise, because it's been cracked wide-open, and has received lots of wonderful mods made by fans, essentially giving us an official, modern game engine to work with for fan projects. There is also stuff like the recent Christian Whitehead remakes of Classic Sonic games, which are made by members of Sonic Retro (consider it the Smashboards of the Sonic community), that have added lots of long awaited content into those game officially. If Nintendo took over the Sonic franchise, things like this will never happen again.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
NO.

I don't mind Sonic games being on Nintendo consoles, but I don't want him to be picked up by Nintendo. This has nothing to do with remnants of the SEGA VS Nintendo console wars either (I grew up with the Playstation myself). I just feel like Nintendo would remove a lot of what makes Sonic cool, and would just "Mario-fy" the series, and close off a lot of the existing fan base. The only possible exception is if Sakurai were directing the game. He's the only one I would trust (solely because what I've seen of Kid Icarus: Uprising makes me think he's capable of writing for Sonic characters), but this would never happen.

Not only that, but Sonic Generations being released on the PC was one of the best things to happen to the franchise, because it's been cracked wide-open, and has received lots of wonderful mods made by fans, essentially giving us an official, modern game engine to work with for fan projects. There is also stuff like the recent Christian Whitehead remakes of Classic Sonic games, which are made by members of Sonic Retro (consider it the Smashboards of the Sonic community), that have added lots of long awaited content into those game officially. If Nintendo took over the Sonic franchise, things like this will never happen again.
Your problem is you assume that if he is picked up by Nintendo that only Nintendo developers will make it. There would probably be old Sonic developers either moving to Nintendo or it would just be developed by third party SEGA developers/Sonic Team (like Flagship and the Oracle games and Minish Cap).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Your problem is you assume that if he is picked up by Nintendo that only Nintendo developers will make it. There would probably be old Sonic developers either moving to Nintendo or it would just be developed by third party SEGA developers/Sonic Team (like Flagship and the Oracle games and Minish Cap).
But if Nintendo bought the franchise, then we could never, ever see Sonic games released on PC again. Or on mobile devices. Or Sonic games developed by knowledgeable fans of the series, who will do things fan have been asking for (like adding Hidden Palace Zone to Sonic 2, which is a fan request that is nearly two decades old. This happened with the port of Sonic 2 made by Christian "The Taxman" Whitehead of Sonic Retro, and his team).

One of the best things about the Sonic franchise is the influence more intelligent fans have on the series. And that goes out the window if Nintendo buys the franchise. Literally the only Nintendo franchise fans have any influence over is Smash Bros, and even then, it ain't much. With the Sonic series, there is a lot of community involvement.

It's not that I don't think Nintendo could make a good Sonic game. Or rather, a good game with Sonic as the main player character. I just think they'd miss out on a lot of key things that make the series unique, and would just turn it into "another solid Nintendo platformer". After all, the series was created to be a juxtaposition to Nintendo's platformers, and that still holds true today.

And of course, they'd prevent games from being released on other platforms. And possibly take things like Sonic Generations off of Steam.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
But if Nintendo bought the franchise, then we could never, ever see Sonic games released on PC again. Or on mobile devices. Or Sonic games developed by knowledgeable fans of the series, who will do things fan have been asking for (like adding Hidden Palace Zone to Sonic 2, which is a fan request that is nearly two decades old. This happened with the port of Sonic 2 made by Christian "The Taxman" Whitehead of Sonic Retro, and his team).

One of the best things about the Sonic franchise is the influence more intelligent fans have on the series. And that goes out the window if Nintendo buys the franchise. Literally the only Nintendo franchise fans have any influence over is Smash Bros, and even then, it ain't much. With the Sonic series, there is a lot of community involvement.

It's not that I don't think Nintendo could make a good Sonic game. Or rather, a good game with Sonic as the main player character. I just think they'd miss out on a lot of key things that make the series unique, and would just turn it into "another solid Nintendo platformer". After all, the series was created to be a juxtaposition to Nintendo's platformers, and that still holds true today.

And of course, they'd prevent games from being released on other platforms. And possibly take things like Sonic Generations off of Steam.
Of course Ninty buying Sonic would stop PC, mobile, etc. ports. But that's like saying the sky is blue.
The best possible outcome for fan involvement would be for Ninty to take an approach were all they do is own a game and market it, but leave everything else to the original team and the involved fans.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I saw that. That was random and kind of cool.

Let's hope it leads to another EB game.
As far as a brand new one, it's incredibly unlikely. Itoi himself has said he's done with the franchise.

Now, a compilation rerelease/remake on the other had, that seems more plausible.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
As far as a brand new one, it's incredibly unlikely. Itoi himself has said he's done with the franchise.

Now, a compilation rerelease/remake on the other had, that seems more plausible.
Just release Mother 1 and 3 on VC worldwide and I'm happy.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Of course Ninty buying Sonic would stop PC, mobile, etc. ports. But that's like saying the sky is blue.
The best possible outcome for fan involvement would be for Ninty to take an approach were all they do is own a game and market it, but leave everything else to the original team and the involved fans.
And that's a bad thing.

Really though, this is a silly thing to be brought up to begin with. Nintendo ain't buying Sonic any time soon. And we shouldn't want it just so more Sonic characters can be added to Smash Bros.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
And that's a bad thing.

Really though, this is a silly thing to be brought up to begin with. Nintendo ain't buying Sonic any time soon. And we shouldn't want it just so more Sonic characters can be added to Smash Bros.
If they are going to buy anything I want it to be Rare or at least Banjo Kazooie.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Man this world is quite screwed up if the top stories in the paper are about a guy stabbing a girl to death for rejecting his prom invite and a guy who hung 25 cats from trees. Seriously what the hell? Anyway I was at Walmart today and there were some really strange peopl there today... I was slightly creeped out...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Mega Man makes the most sense to me right now. He's strongly associated with Nintendo anyway, he's in Smash Bros, Capcom don't have a clue what to do with him, Keiji Inafune is moving on to make Mighty No.9, and Capcom are in deep financial debt, and legitimately risk going bankrupt, so selling the Mega Man IP to Nintendo would be best for Capcom, and the Mega Man fans.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Mega Man makes the most sense to me right now. He's strongly associated with Nintendo anyway, he's in Smash Bros, Capcom don't have a clue what to do with him, Keiji Inafune is moving on to make Mighty No.9, and Capcom are in deep financial debt, and legitimately risk going bankrupt, so selling the Mega Man IP to Nintendo would be best for Capcom, and the Mega Man fans.
Mega Man has been given more love in Smash Bros. than what Capcom has been giving him lately.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
NO.

Personally I think that the Sonic Team could use a little help. There's no doubt about it - Nintendo are the masters of platform gaming. I'd love to see what would happen if a team like Retro, who have made two incredible DKC games, are given a new challenge like this, working of course in collaboration with the Sonic Team.

Remember that just because amazing mods are being made, doesn't mean the series itself is successful. If it takes fans to fix the series, then obviously there is something wrong with it that Sonic Team continuously gets wrong.

I hold Sonic very close to me heart as his games were my entrance to the video game world. In the last few years, Sonic games have been improving, and despite reviews, Lost World has a little bit of the old flare about it. I just think someone needs to lend them a hand and show them how to make old concepts seem fresh.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Personally I think that the Sonic Team could use a little help. There's no doubt about it - Nintendo are the masters of platform gaming. I'd love to see what would happen if a team like Retro, who have made two incredible DKC games, are given a new challenge like this, working of course in collaboration with the Sonic Team.

Remember that just because amazing mods are being made, doesn't mean the series itself is successful. If it takes fans to fix the series, then obviously there is something wrong with it that Sonic Team continuously gets wrong.

I hold Sonic very close to me heart as his games were my entrance to the video game world. In the last few years, Sonic games have been improving, and despite reviews, Lost World has a little bit of the old flare about it. I just think someone needs to lend them a hand and show them how to make old concepts seem fresh.
...Dude....the Sonic series doesn't need help/revitalising. You're eight years late to that statement.

And Sonic Generations was literally "how to make old concepts seem fresh".

And fans aren't needed to fix the series, but the community-dev collaboration the series is known for is what makes it special. And it's something Nintendo will take away.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

Really hope this is selectable in the full game.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Did you guys hear that they finally unearthed the landfill filled with thousands of Atari 2600 E.T. cartridges?

http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/26/5656282/atari-et-landfill-new-mexico-found-cartridges
Living a little ways away from Alamogordo, my brother was present at the excavation.

For the record, they only showed three. Two ET cartridges and one Centipede cartridge that was still in its original packaging.

(I would've gone myself, but we just got a new puppy, so I had to watch her.)

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So the legend is true. Ha, that's pretty interesting. I bet some people are going to see if it works. Still, kind of messed up to just bury the things. It's not exactly the most efficient way to handle it.
Well, when you have millions of unsold copies...
What else would you do?

Last edited:

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
Oh I just want to point this out

On the greninja trailer I think every pokemon that came out will be pokeball/master ball pokemon but I think there are like probably like 2-5 more assist pokemon that were not shown

Case of point this pokemon was not seen in the trailer

Because what would Palkia and grating be like without dialga with his roar of time
Temporal Tower stage from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky with Primal Dialga as a hazard confirmed.

You heard it here first, folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom