• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
What? I don't get it.
A character being their own eyes couldn't happen unless it was the plot of an international conspiracy. We're talking about the resources, manpower, and bad tastes that no single country can offer. Having himself as his own eyes was a concentrated effort. For what agenda? I don't know.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
A character being their own eyes couldn't happen unless it was the plot of an international conspiracy. We're talking about the resources, manpower, and bad tastes that no single country can offer. Having himself as his own eyes was a concentrated effort. For what agenda? I don't know.
Well, it could be because aliens.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
There are definitely a few issues I don't agree with. Yes it's true the nature of most video games is to win or lose in one form or another. However it's an oversimplifications (which is funny for such a long article) of much broader issues in regards to why we enjoy games, what reasons we play, and why we react to things the way they do. I also tend to have a bit an eye rolling reaction when people utilizing the 'special snowflake society' analogy to try to make a point as it seems to me to be little more then a belittling term to address a much more complicated and often times a ideological set of standards that extends from everything to changes in values, to politics, to the way we understand the human condition.

I do however, understand some of the frustrations expressed in the article in the same way I've grown to understand the nature of the competitive and casual debates that have sprung up here and there are definitely some points to take out of it.

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman
You have thought in how the f***** Marshall (Rhythm Heaven Character) fight. I say, will fight with Rhythm or normal?

EDIT: If the Leak it's true.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
View attachment 13029

I want this Pacman design for Smash if he does get in.

I would love to see what Sakurai could make out of a pie cart.
Looks perfect for being a summon via the Special Flag(if it's a summoning tool). I honestly think he fits perfectly as this, since it captures his most popular form, a ball with a mouth, not the ones where he's 3D or has arms/legs. After Tekken x Street Fighter went with that, I feel he's best off as an Assist. There's a plethora of other choices with actual movesets that aren't somewhat... eh, dull. Not that Pac-Man can't be interesting, but I don't see much to him compared to guys like Lloyd or Nightmare. IMO.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
You know....

Star Fox Assault was developed by Namco.

Maybe just maybe..... For Namco.....

Nah.

I would actually prefer to have Dig Dug if we were to get a Namco character. Have the most violent video game character in gaming history on Smash Bros. Heck yea. xD

I really don;t care if Namco gets a rep.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
With all due respect towards fans I hope Pac man drowns in a vat of liquified arcade machines
I've gone from indifferent about him to please no

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Who's buddy boy on the bottom right? Let's get that guy in Smash.
It's Mametchi the mascot for Tamagotchi.

Don-Chan is the better choice though.

And Straberry Don-Chan is even better.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If we are talking Tomagotchi,

There is an even better choice

There was a series of battling Tomagotchi

They were called "Digimon"

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
With all due respect towards fans I hope Pac man drowns in a vat of liquified arcade machines
I've gone from indifferent about him to please no
If a mod doesn't want Pac-Man in Smash 4, that means I can now go make a Pac-Man hate thread and have it sticky'd, right?

brb

Last edited:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
...what about Krystal?
Staff attacks and magic staff attacks? Could give her the baster too. Also has 3 different costumes.

People just don't want her because of 2 main (albeit dumb) reasons:
1. "Star Fox Adventures was the worst Star Fox game evar!!!!!1!!!!one!!"
2. "Only furries want her in." (They use this idiotic one for Lucario too)"

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pac Man was on my Melee wish roster

So was Sonic, Mega Man

and Bomberman

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Smash Boards is like a parallel universe when it comes to Pac Man I swear to god.

You people and your thinking other Namco characters even deserve assist trophy status over him.

Even Lloyd would cause more ''Wait, who?" outside of this place than he would ''OH MY GOD YES!"

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Smash Boards is like a parallel universe when it comes to Pac Man I swear to god.

You people and your thinking other Namco characters even deserve assist trophy status over him.

Even Lloyd would cause more ''Wait, who?" outside of this place than he would ''OH MY GOD YES!"
Lloyd what now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom