• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Wow, the Super Smash Bro. fanbase are really hostile towards Dragon Ball fans. XD

(Spoiler'd for strong language)

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
GameStop soon moving the tablets & phones? Wha? GameStop it's still my store for games and don't have any smart device (and I no plan to get those devices any time soon) so if they lose their games I'll take my business elsewhere.

Speaking of which, I just came from there a couple hours ago. Picking up Brawl again (my bro took the Wii and our only copy of Brawl to college (heck, he even took 64 & Melee with him)), so now I have a legit Smash game again to continue playing on rather than simply emulating 64, Super Smash Flash 2, Super Smash Bros. Crusade, & Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion.

I also picked up TMNT Smash-up to see how it's like Smash (I'm probably going to regret that but I didn't know what else to spend my birthday cash on).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Wow, the Super Smash Bro. fanbase are really hostile towards Dragon Ball fans. XD

Goku is taboo in these parts. No surprise there.

I was half expecting them to spell "Weeaboo" as "Wiiaboo". :troll:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
How many threads have been created and locked now over the roster pic leak? :laugh:
I still say we need to archive fake leak photos in a very visible area in the forums to discourage countless people posting it.

Also, I noticed something with the used copy of Brawl I bought today from GameStop. It's the same layout/design as it launched but some changes. First off it has a "Fighting Game of the Year" label printed on the game cover. Second the back lacks the picture of the GameCube controller on the collection of compatible controllers (despite the fact I can still use said controller).

This must have been a reprint of Brawl after Nintendo completely dropped GameCube support.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Guys, we're on page 420. You know what that means?
We talk a lot
:troll:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I disagree with this article, but it would take me an article of similar length to say why. Suffice to say that people DO play games for reasons other then fun, including obtaining a sense of belonging and gaining a sense of achievement or accomplishment.
I play to assert dominance.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I also want to say, in relation to the article @ Dr. James Rustles Dr. James Rustles posted above that anyone that turns having fun into a competition has severe psychological problems.

"The only question is who will be having more fun, and I probably beat you at that as well"

Really? I mean, you can have find competition fun, but to make a competition out of who is having more fun?

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
SO... I buy a Wii U Motion Plus add on for one of my Wiimotes to use on the Wii U, and it turns out the thing doesn't f***ing work! :grrr::hulk::demon:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Consider Weeaboo a term used to describe people who like Japanese stuff.

Smash Bros. is a Japanese game.

So, if you like Smash Bros., you could be considered a weeaboo.

R0Y

Smash Master
Consider Weeaboo a term used to describe people who like Japanese stuff.

Smash Bros. is a Japanese game.

So, if you like Smash Bros., you could be considered a weeaboo.
Nope. Weeaboo is an offensive term that different people have different meanings for. 4chan would have you believe it's only the ultra-obsessed with anime waifu pillows but others would say it's all anime fans. Either way, it's an insult, lol.

Not to mention by your definition, enjoying a video game made in Japan would make just about every 5-40 year old man in the west a weeaboo...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
What could Cherubi possibly have going for it that makes it a better Pokemon to occupy page 420 than the almighty Gloom? :p
Simple.
Cherubi is a cherry. That's called uniqueness.
Gloom is nothing more than a glorified mushroom.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ok smash leaks is to much:

My day one main, right here!

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
And how does a dazed, drooling, Grass-type glorified mushroom with weeds poking out of it have less business on this page than a cherry? :smirk:
Yes, what does a dazed, drooling, Grass-type glorified mushroom with weeds poking out of it have less business on this page than a cherry?

I think you've just answered you're own question there.
"Why would you have a mushroom when you can have the cutest thing alive?" is the better question.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Nope. Weeaboo is an offensive term that different people have different meanings for. 4chan would have you believe it's only the ultra-obsessed with anime waifu pillows but others would say it's all anime fans. Either way, it's an insult, lol.

Not to mention by your definition, enjoying a video game made in Japan would make just about every 5-40 year old man in the west a weeaboo...
I am aware of what "weeaboo" means and how it's often used as an insult.

I just decided to joke around. :laugh:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yes, what does a dazed, drooling, Grass-type glorified mushroom with weeds poking out of it have less business on this page than a cherry?

I think you've just answered you're own question there.
"Why would you have a mushroom when you can have the cutest thing alive?" is the better question.
Well if you don't know, I won't corrupt your mind any further. :laugh:;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom