• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well if you don't know, I won't corrupt your mind any further. :laugh:;)
Implying my mind isn't already corrupted.
I frequent the Miiverse posts thread for heaven's sake. I doubt I have anything else to lose.
Heck, I'm not sure if I have anymore brain cells. Seeing "Goku 4 Smash" over and over kinda does that to ya.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
if we are talking about a Pokemon for 420 I think :013: is the best one.

Unless I'm completely wrong about what 420 is

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Consider Weeaboo a term used to describe people who like Japanese stuff.

Smash Bros. is a Japanese game.

So, if you like Smash Bros., you could be considered a weeaboo.
Nope. Weeaboo is an offensive term that different people have different meanings for. 4chan would have you believe it's only the ultra-obsessed with anime waifu pillows but others would say it's all anime fans. Either way, it's an insult, lol.

Not to mention by your definition, enjoying a video game made in Japan would make just about every 5-40 year old man in the west a weeaboo...
Either way, one must be careful not to become a weeaboo...!

Also, check out the Luigi main Hungrybox fan club on the smash Reddit

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
this:
[collapse=this is what I think happens on 420. Also it's in a spoiler because it's..... kinda weird. ener at your own risk]
[/collapse]

What...? That is slightly accurate.... Anyway:

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'd prefer Explorers of Sky because that game is honestly way better.
Eh, I didn't mind that game.
The only gripes I have with it is the personality quiz (it was a novel idea sure. But I honestly would've preferred picking the characters myself).
That, and the plot could be a bit "meh". Now, I understand that in a JRPG, story will be the main focus. But I can recall plenty of cases where I'd just button mash to get through it all.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'd prefer Explorers of Sky because that game is honestly way better.
Agreed,it's my all time favorite Nintendo game, I have played it over 16 times and the feels are always there. I'm listening to this right now while playing PTD 2:

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Agreed,it's my all time favorite Nintendo game, I have played it over 16 times and the feels are always there. I'm listening to this right now while playing PTD 2:

I think it's broken
Eh, I didn't mind that game.
The only gripes I have with it is the personality quiz (it was a novel idea sure. But I honestly would've preferred picking the characters myself).
That, and the plot could be a bit "meh". Now, I understand that in a JRPG, story will be the main focus. But I can recall plenty of cases where I'd just button mash to get through it all.
I liked it, that must mean I'm easily amused.

......wait.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME?

:troll:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I liked it, that must mean I'm easily amused.

......wait.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME?

:troll:
Well, it wasn't bad. Just started to get eh after a while.
And Lord help you if you do a second run. Let's just say them plot twists don't get that surprising after the first run.
Other than that I liked the gameplay. And it was a neat idea for a game. Though I very much prefer the main games. At least they let me pick my starter. :upsidedown:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
It depends on the JRPG. But story is not always the main focus, not even most of the time. It's a big misconception the JRPGs' main focus is always story. Like really big misconception.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It depends on the JRPG. But story is not always the main focus, not even most of the time. It's a big misconception the JRPGs' main focus is always story. Like really big misconception.
Well, at least the ones I know of.
Sure, you have me there. But in this game it's clear where the focus is. The issue is it does dampen replay potential.
Especially during the beginning and end of the first half. Which are loaded with text.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Well, it wasn't bad. Just started to get eh after a while.
And Lord help you if you do a second run. Let's just say them plot twists don't get that surprising after the first run.
Other than that I liked the gameplay. And it was a neat idea for a game. Though I very much prefer the main games. At least they let me pick my starter. :upsidedown:
the 3DS PMD lets you pick a starter but it's far inferior cause there's only 5 possible pokemon

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Well, at least the ones I know of.
Sure, you have me there. But in this game it's clear where the focus is. The issue is it does dampen replay potential.
Especially during the beginning and end of the first half. Which are loaded with text.
I remember all the PMD games I played having tons of text. xD

The gameplay for all of them were also weak in general, at least to me.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I remember all the PMD games I played having tons of text. xD

The gameplay for all of them were also weak in general, at least to me.
The only real issue I have the the recruitment gimmick.
Other than that there wasn't to big of an issue. Some of the bosses were brutal though (for a game which relies on teamwork, I really hate my partner sometimes).

mimgrim

Smash Hero
The only real issue I have the the recruitment gimmick.
Other than that there wasn't to big of an issue. Some of the bosses were brutal though (for a game which relies on teamwork, I really hate my partner sometimes).
Teammates AIs are notorious for being stupid in like all games.

I think the only game I ever played that had decent teammate AIs is Gears of War. And there are still some stupid moments there.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Oh.... Pac-Man got another new design. lol

Wouldn't mind seeing this in Smash if Pac-Man becomes playable. (Shame about the actual game this design is being used for though.)

EDIT: I just realized im an OMEGA SLOWPOKE with this news.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Teammates AIs are notorious for being stupid in like all games.

I think the only game I ever played that had decent teammate AIs is Gears of War. And there are still some stupid moments there.
Well, that's AI for ya.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Wouldn't mind seeing this in Smash if Pac-Man becomes playable. (Shame about the actual game this design is being used for though.)

Yeah, I remember seeing this a while ago. I like it. It's unlikely, but I hope they start using it more. He looks better with black eyes.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

I'm coming up with names for each of those designs:

A - Modern Pac-Man
B - Kinda Classic Pac-Man
C - Cartoon Network Pac-Man
D - Burton Pac-Man

Considering they made a game with both Modern and Burton, I wonder if they will make ones with Kinda Classic and Cartoon Network.

Personally, I'd love to see the Kinda Classic design done, minus the ghosts.
They should make all the ghosts look how they are supposed to, rounded tops, spiky bottoms, and their respective colors. End of story.

I know this is kind of a stretch, but maybe they planning to use Cartoon Network Pac-Man for its own game, and then use Kinda Classic Pac-Man in Smash.
Yeah, that's definitely a stretch.

I just want them to use a more traditional design, like in the Pac-Man World games.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Pac-Man's eyes are also Pac-Man. Tell me why this an acceptable choice in character design and I may reign in my Pac-Man hate a little..

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Pac-Man's eyes are also Pac-Man. Tell me why this an acceptable choice in character design and I may reign in my Pac-Man hate a little..
To be fair, this isn't the first time it was used.
Heck, if you looked at some of the earlier cartoons (think black and while early 1900's cartoons), the same eye design was used.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
To be fair, those eyes are in a similar style to the older Disney cartoons. Which, in my opinion, gives his design a more timeless look to it. His newer look doesn't mesh as well. At least to me. But what the hell, I'm only one dude. EDIT: Looks like I was beaten to the punch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom