• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So. I applied for a McDonalds positions today. To try and get a start in the job force finally, I turned 18 last month and probably should have tried to apply last year when I turned 17 (or maybe even the year before that at 16) x_x. Hope I get a call back.

He's the only one I would trust (solely because what I've seen of Kid Icarus: Uprising makes me think he's capable of writing for Sonic characters), but this would never happen.
Are you even sure Sakurai did the actual writing for that game and didn't have actual writers who did it instead? That's how things normally work anyway.

Sometimes I feel like people glorify game directors too much with how they only ever give them credit. There are other members of the team who do stuff as well, writers included.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
So the legend is true. Ha, that's pretty interesting. I bet some people are going to see if it works. Still, kind of messed up to just bury the things. It's not exactly the most efficient way to handle it.
The cartridges my brother saw were in surprisingly good condition. I'd wager that they're still functional.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So. I applied for a McDonalds positions today. To try and get a start in the job force finally, I turned 18 last month and probably should have tried to apply last year when I turned 17 (or maybe even the year before that at 16) x_x. Hope I get a call back.

Are you even sure Sakurai did the actual writing for that game and didn't have actual writers who did it instead? That's how things normally work anyway.

Sometimes I feel like people glorify game directors too much with how they only ever give them credit. There are other members of the team who do stuff as well, writers included.
I'm aware, but "writer" is actually one of Sakurai's professions.

I know he had some involvement with the creation of the characters. Which is part of what makes me think he could handle Sonic, as characterisation is important in Sonic.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

If this were to happen. Smash 3DS could easily become the goto version for Smash between the Wii-U and 3DS.

Too bad it never will.

But still. That would be an awesome thing to happen. xD

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I was just watching GameXplain cover some Mario Kart 8 footage, some of the new tracks look awesome
I see Lakitu why guy and metal mario are playable the rumor is 30 characters in mario kart 8 due to a leaked roster

I know R.O.B is fine in smash bros 4 but if R.O.B is one of the 30 he shoots the moon for playable character in smash bros 4 in my opinion anyway (and I really doubt rob will be playable in mario kart 8)

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I see Lakitu why guy and metal mario are playable the rumor is 30 characters in mario kart 8 due to a leaked roster

I know R.O.B is fine in smash bros 4 but if R.O.B is one of the 30 he shoots the moon for playable character in smash bros 4 in my opinion anyway (and I really doubt rob will be playable in mario kart 8)
I'd be pretty disappointed with 30. I know it's a lot for a MK game, but the Koopalings fill up 7 spots. I like the Koopalings, but they're pretty boring IMO. I'd have rathered more obscure characters.

Glad Lakitu is returning though, he was my fave in MK7.

Maybe there'll be DLC this time around like Mario Golf has done. There wouldn't be a person in the world who would own MK8 and not buy the DLC, especially if it were more retro tracks. I think there'll be another Direct soon for MK8, seeing as it releases in about a month.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
what was that earthbound thing posted a while back? could some one explain it to me? the page no longer exists =/

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wait good luck Charlie was actually called love teddy originally... Does that mean, the creepy pasta love teddy is true....!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
MK8 already has Mario, Luigi, Yoshi(though that's obvious), and Shy Guy. All I would really care about now is Diddy Kong and I'm good.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I wanted to favorite that, but the guy who wrote it just sounded like he had been called a loser for playing games one too many times. He sounded angry and bitter, as though anyone who would ever dare play a game casually should either man up and gain some skill or GTFO.

Video gaming is a wide spectrum. Some people play casually, some people play seriously. End of story. Do some people make excuses and lay the blame on the victors for their defeat? Yeah, that happens. But on the flip side, quite often victors like to rub their win in the faces of the scrubs they slaughtered. It goes both ways.

He goes on and on to say how everyone plays games for fun, but then says the phrase "I play for fun" should be abolished. Guess what? I play games for fun, single player or multiplayer. If I'm not having fun, I stop playing the game, whether it's because I'm stuck on a level, got frustrated due to my lack of skill to overcome a situation, or lost to an opposing player multiple times.

I'll agree some people use the phrase as a cop out to raise themselves onto a non-existent platform of superiority, but c'mon. Writing a long-winded article about how the game industry is leaving skilled players in the shadows of the casuals is pretty much just as ridiculous as someone saying "I play for fun."

Play games how you want to play them, and forget anyone who tells you otherwise. If you want to play to wind down and explore a world? Great! Want to beat other players online? Good for you! Got a desire to be the best player in history and learn every technique the game provides? Awesome! But not one of those people has any more right to play a game than the other does. Games are for everyone, and as such, everyone is going to have a different way to play them. For fun.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I want to know WTF happened to my GoW3 level. Everything else in the game was left in touch except for the options and my level. Those got reset. Everything else was left untouched though, like campaign data. Now I have to get all characters again and that will involve getting my level up again. Yay.

Not that it matters anyway since I don't really get a chance to play online. .-.

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
At this point it'd be stupid of Nintendo not to release a GC Wii U controller soon since the two games that most people prefer with a GC controller are releasing, Mk and Smash.

TBH, they'd gain a lot of profit if they did this.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
They should provide the option for wired controllers for the Wii U.

At least there wouldn't be the problem of disconnecting or delays.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
It was a good day. I moved all these furniture items from an estate sale to all over the place, I got modded on VGBC and cleaned up the chat, ate steak+mushrooms etc, I had fun watching Bar Wars, got hyped, laughed a lot.
OH! Tomorrow is the feast of Divine Mercy! One can receive complete remission of all temporal punishment for all their sins, it's pretty hype too, and there's a Divine Mercy stained glass window with Saint Pope John Paul II The Great and St. Faustina to either side in my church now!
Also #FREEMANGO from his huge bar tab!

Last edited:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I just wonder, can I tag users in a spoiler title? I tried nut it gave me a user=some weird number.. is there any way I can make a true tag?
I can look later tomorrow (on mobile right now) but don't think you can. What it's doing is displaying the BB code for tagging a user ( [u ser=userid] ) since I assume it won't allow it to work within titles.

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
He sounded angry and bitter, as though anyone who would ever dare play a game casually should either man up and gain some skill or GTFO.
Maybe he was angry. So? People don't know how stupid they sound when they say, "I play for fun," and they don't care about what implications it has against someone who plays at a higher level than they do. He doesn't have a problem with people who play the game just to enjoy the experience of it. He made it pretty clear he was talking about people that use the phrase "I play for fun" to attempt to rationalize their loss.

Do some people make excuses and lay the blame on the victors for their defeat? Yeah, that happens. But on the flip side, quite often victors like to rub their win in the faces of the scrubs they slaughtered. It goes both ways.

He goes on and on to say how everyone plays games for fun, but then says the phrase "I play for fun" should be abolished. Guess what? I play games for fun, single player or multiplayer. If I'm not having fun, I stop playing the game, whether it's because I'm stuck on a level, got frustrated due to my lack of skill to overcome a situation, or lost to an opposing player multiple times.
So it goes both ways. And? I don't know what you're trying to say here. If the article was about elitist trash talkers, it would be pretty weak. Snarky casual players is a relatively unexplored topic.

You play games for fun? Okay. I have sex for fun. I work to make money. Come on, man. Some things are just a given. You don't point out the obvious unless you're trying to communicate something else.

I'll agree some people use the phrase as a cop out to raise themselves onto a non-existent platform of superiority, but c'mon. Writing a long-winded article about how the game industry is leaving skilled players in the shadows of the casuals is pretty much just as ridiculous as someone saying "I play for fun."
I think it's pretty relevant. He's offering an explanation for how the modern gaming environment shapes that kind of attitude.

Play games how you want to play them, and forget anyone who tells you otherwise. If you want to play to wind down and explore a world? Great! Want to beat other players online? Good for you! Got a desire to be the best player in history and learn every technique the game provides? Awesome! But not one of those people has any more right to play a game than the other does. Games are for everyone, and as such, everyone is going to have a different way to play them. For fun.
Preaching to the choir...

P.S. EDIT: Are the spam bots even trying these days?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I've just beat Kingdom Hearts last night (or shall I say this early morning). ***nem took longer than usual because of his beam and thunder spam combo throughout the fight. Now to experience Chain of Memories, which may or may not be even worse than the first game.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I've just beat Kingdom Hearts last night (or shall I say this early morning). ***nem took longer than usual because of his beam and thunder spam combo throughout the fight. Now to experience Chain of Memories, which may or may not be even worse than the first game.
Implying Kingdom Hearts is bad.

Well, Kingdom Hearts being good or not, I can safely say Chain of memories isn't as good. Not as bad as Re: coded, but more meh.

Are you going to play the PS2 version or the gameboy?

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If diddly is in Mario kart 8 then they better bring funky kong back.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Implying Kingdom Hearts is bad.

Well, Kingdom Hearts being good or not, I can safely say Chain of memories isn't as good. Not as bad as Re: coded, but more meh.

Are you going to play the PS2 version or the gameboy?
I meant bad as in the difficulty. I own Kingdom Hearts 1.5, which has the PS2 version.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I meant bad as in the difficulty. I own Kingdom Hearts 1.5, which has the PS2 version.
Ah, in that case. I played both the gameboy and PS2 version. I have only beaten the PS2 version. I think the final bosses of Chain of memories are actually easy if you know what you are doing.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ah, in that case. I played both the gameboy and PS2 version. I have only beaten the PS2 version. I think the final bosses of Chain of memories are actually easy if you know what you are doing.
I've heard that the only notoriously difficult boss in CoM was Captain Hook, which is hilarious since he was a joke in the first game.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Eh, they might just wait for E3 at this point, as we just recently [well, rather recently] we got 55 reveals, and that would last 5 months.
Also, after E3 I hope no more unlockable characters are revealed.
55? Are you counting Pokeball Pokemon and Assist Trophies and extra doohickeys like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom