• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Not really sure how I feel about this:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/28/iwata-wants-to-redefine-nintendo

Yes focusing on things other than gaming is a smart idea, but I think they need to make sure they have all their ducks in a row when it comes to gaming before they want to move onto other things.

I think the statement
Iwata said:
Nintendo is a company that can do whatever they want.
Is the reason and mentality why they are where they are right now gaming wise.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You can downplay it all you want, but when the Hero of Time is praying in front of the crucifixion you're not going to cast much doubt.
Who's downplaying anything? I said that the Bible/Book might be wrong. I said nothing for the rest. Also, the fact we have Deities in later games simply suggests he was praying to them. They hadn't figured out the exact religions yet, but wanted to have one in the first place. I didn't say Christianity couldn't have been planned either. I am solely talking about the Bible/Book in that particular case.

Also, that's a different Link. He doesn't have a real title in the first Zelda game.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Ok. Before I was rather neutral on the whole Iwata thing. Not having a strong opinion either way.

But what the ****.

That kind of mentality is toxic.

I'd definitely say he needs to go now.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Strangely that's the same thing Nintendo did before they became a gaming company they tired a number of different things before finding they're place in the gaming market. Though, I'm not sure I'm confident that Nintendo could do this easily now.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Strangely that's the same thing Nintendo did before they became a gaming company they tired a number of different things before finding they're place in the gaming market. Though, I'm not sure I'm confident that Nintendo could do this easily now.
Especially, against potential competitors like Apple and Google who have waaaaay more bank and resources than Nintendo. Yeah, it's going to be an uphill climb for them on this QOL, non-wearable technology mumbo jumbo. (:awesome:)

Honestly, they need to handle a lot in the gaming department. Like investing in servers for online game and getting the right Virtual Console games on the right platforms....*cough* GBA on 3DS *cough*

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I don't really see what the problem is with Iwata's statement. If they do end up making something not game related, that's just more money to make more games.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I'm pretty steamed IGN gave Kirby Triple Deluxe a 6. I don't what there problem is with traditional kirby games, and they complained about it being too easy while you couldn't die in Epic Yarn and they gave that game a 9.

I'm angry :C

Shartimus

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shartimus
Well he is right, Nintendo can do anything, but every company can, i think Iwata is little desperate about the fact that they are not gaining that much with the Wii U, but let's be honest: I'ts not the first time a console fail to them (in this case it's not even failing that much) remember the Virtual Boy or the N64 DD? those were total fail since we can say day one. The Wii U has more than 1 year in the market and it's still going but they really need to make a better concept of themselves in the market and no just the "Mario and Zeld Company" we need games like F-Zero a new Star Fox and revive old tittles just like they did with Kid Icarus and use what they can to gain more money (like putting mini-games like the SM64 Ds ones in iOS or something like that)

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Are we sure we aren't just misinterpreting what he is saying? After all, he could just mean that they could achieve any goal if they worked hard enough. I'm not saying that he isn't at all saying that he plans on making Nintendo greedy, but I mean there is always the possibility.

Next up:

*cough* GBA on 3DS *cough*
I disagree with this somewhat. While I agree that certain GBA games probably would be for the best to be on the 3ds, the GBA games I've seen that I'm familiar with are pretty console friendly.

Mario & Luigi is an RPG. People generally like RPGs to be on consoles, (Just ask the Bravely Default and Pokemon fans).

Kirby games can work both on Consoles and Handhelds.

Yoshi's island...Um...Do I need to say anything about this?

Though, the rest of the games I remember I'm not to familiar with, so I couldn't tell you if they work on a console.

Going back to Kirby games:
I'm pretty steamed IGN gave Kirby Triple Deluxe a 6. I don't what there problem is with traditional kirby games, and they complained about it being too easy while you couldn't die in Epic Yarn and they gave that game a 9.

To be fair, while Kirby's Epic Yarn won't let you die, it is still hard to achieve 100%. So it still has a challenge. Obviously, since I don't own Triple Deluxe I couldn't tell you how hard it is, but frankly, it doesn't matter. If a game is fun then it is fun.

Honestly, this is one of the problems I have with reviewers. That should be something you tell the audience to be aware of. You tell them that if they don't like easy games to be cautious on getting the game and for those who don't care you can have fun with it. Instead, reviewers consider it just an overall problem with a game and all people who like to play easy games are just wrong.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Hmm... well, that's just life. I've seen other people give it higher, but regardless of the rating, I'm still picking it up. I've heard that the game is easy to start off, but picks up in difficulty at times. But hey, Kirby games are Kirby games. If it can be half of the Great Cave Offensive, I'll be happy with it. :D

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Are we sure we aren't just misinterpreting what he is saying? After all, he could just mean that they could achieve any goal if they worked hard enough. I'm not saying that he isn't at all saying that he plans on making Nintendo greedy, but I mean there is always the possibility.
Well in my initial post on the subject matter I said, moving onto other areas can be a smart thing. HOWEVER, I think Nintendo should make sure the are well fortified in the gaming department before moving on to other things.
Next up:
I disagree with this somewhat. While I agree that certain GBA games probably would be for the best to be on the 3ds, the GBA games I've seen that I'm familiar with are pretty console friendly.
Mario & Luigi is an RPG. People generally like RPGs to be on consoles, (Just ask the Bravely Default and Pokemon fans).
Kirby games can work both on Consoles and Handhelds.
Yoshi's island...Um...Do I need to say anything about this?
Well then I would then have to present the question of why there isn't any cross-platform Virtual Console, if all these games transition so nicely between platforms as you claim (Which I agree with for the record). Nintendo could be doing so much more on the Virtual Console front that it's disheartening.

Once Nintendo has handled their **** offering a quality of gaming experience, then I wouldn't mind their quality of life experimentation.

Gaming is my life, so once they fix their gaming problems they just have killed two birds with 1 stone.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sonic Battle is one of the ones that is horrible when blown up, same with Golden Sun. However, the regular Sonic Advances work well.

Shartimus

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shartimus
Sonic Battle is one of the ones that is horrible when blown up, same with Golden Sun. However, the regular Sonic Advances work well
Hey! i liked Sonic Battle :( never played the Advance Series games anyway

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Maybe I was too vague.

Sonic Battle and Golden Sun look terrible on a huge screen. The Sonic Advance games don't.

...And if you meant the same thing, sweet.
i meant on both terms i kinda like sonic battle but sonic advance was better and i think metal slug would work like the psp one

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Ok. Before I was rather neutral on the whole Iwata thing. Not having a strong opinion either way.

But what the ****.

That kind of mentality is toxic.

I'd definitely say he needs to go now.
you been playin Legs of Legions 2 long m8

I'd say the word "toxic" needs to go, it's become a word that describes anything one doesn't like or even mildly disagrees with. Basically, a whine.

Not really sure how I feel about this:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/28/iwata-wants-to-redefine-nintendo

Yes focusing on things other than gaming is a smart idea, but I think they need to make sure they have all their ducks in a row when it comes to gaming before they want to move onto other things.

I think the statement... [Iwata said: Nintendo is a company that can do whatever they want.].. Is the reason and mentality why they are where they are right now gaming wise.
I read the source article and I didn't see that anywhere, Moon Monkey. Iwata was actually quoted as saying:

“This subject came to light when Yamauchi passed away, but I felt ‘our surroundings are greatly changing. We need to redefine what Nintendo must do, from this point on.’ However, I felt that saying ‘Nintendo will do anything,’ was also the wrong idea for the company.”
I still don't think Iwata is the best leader for Nintendo, however.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I read the source article and I didn't see that anywhere, Moon Monkey. Iwata was actually quoted as saying:
I still don't think Iwata is the best leader for Nintendo, however.
Here is the part i was talking about:
So, even if the fact that our focus is videogames won’t be changing, I felt the need to take this occasion to say ‘Nintendo is a company that can do whatever they want’.”
It's in the quote right under the 2nd quote block in the article you linked.

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Here is the part i was talking about:

It's in the quote right under the 2nd quote block in the article you linked.
Oh yeah. I see. I guess his clarification stuck out more.

I don't think enough people appreciate that without the kind of attitude, we wouldn't have had the Nintendo Entertainment System. I don't think it's necessarily bad.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Super Mario 64 HD remake confirmed
I want a sequel in the same overall style of the game. No major story(very little at all), same platforming style, absolutely the same graphics(just cleaner), and the same style of worlds and how Stars work.

I know they planned Super Mario 64 2, so... let's let that happen. :awesome:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Oh yeah. I see. I guess his clarification stuck out more.

I don't think enough people appreciate that without the kind of attitude, we wouldn't have had the Nintendo Entertainment System. I don't think it's necessarily bad.
I looked up a bit about Nintendo, and I found out that in their past they was all over the place. When the company was up and coming it went from from being a cab services, love hotels, toys and more popularly known card services.
The thing is all of those services, they probably has a couple of pros that were out weighed by a lot of cons. When they made toys for example, they hand a couple of successful lines, but they struggled to produce them the way Hasbro, Bandi an TOMY did.

So they jumped from industry to industry not for ****s and giggles, but to stay alive. It just so happened they jumped into the gaming industry at the right time to find their footing. But as of late I think they are loosing their footing in the gaming department, which is why I think gaming should be focusing on gaming before they do anything else, unless they are foreseeing them going no further in the gaming division and is planning on jumping the gaming industry to the next thing to keep them alive.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I'd love an HD remake of Super Mario 64, mostly due to nostalgia. I'd like it if it were exactly like Super Mario 64 but with better graphics, as I really didn't like SM64 DS, probably due to it being more of an extension than a remake.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
And here I am still waiting on Sonic Adventure 3. Back before the Dreamcast was canned after Sonic Adventure 2 they were gonna start up Sonic Adventure 3, then the end of Dreamcast happened and they had to get used to the other consoles, then they got the dev kits for PS3/360/Wii and proceeded to make the dreadful 2006 but couldn't get it running on Wii so they canned the Wii version and made Secret Rings instead. After 2006's disaster, they started up Adventure 3 again but then decided they needed to "get it right" before trying Adventure 3 again which resulted in the big ole string that came afterwards. Then Generations was the 20th Anniversary. But before that Hunnid-P (aka the dude that did Knuckles's music in Sonic Adventure 2) claimed he was working on new Knuckles music (something we have yet to see actually come to light), so... Sonic Adventure 3 may still be a thing? Maybe it won't be, maybe it will be.

What exactly is it with "3" games? Still waiting on Sonic Adventure 3, Banjo Three-ie, Half-Life 3, Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire (aka Pokemon 3) remakes, Mega Man Legends 3... there's alot of number 3s we're still waiting on/hoping get revived.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Personally, I'd prefer an HD remake of Sonic Adventure 2
I would play the **** out of Chao Garden again. I really hope they bring back Chao Gardens in a new Sonic game with online connectivity!

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
HD is a very, very interpretable phrase. There's Wind Waker HD and there's Final Fantasy X HD.
SA2's HD was HD polish, not redone textures, 1080p, etc.
It wasn't overkill, and Sega doesn't always need to do overkill. Look at the original JSR on Dreamcast, or JSRF on Xbox and you'll see a game that still looks amazing today.

Last edited:

Shartimus

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shartimus
I havent play Sonic the Fighters, i could buy it for the 360, but it is worthy?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
you been playin Legs of Legions 2 long m8
I don't play LoL. I actually detest that game. :/

EDIT - Also I don't actually care if they do something non-gaming. I really don't. It that statement he said about how Nintendo can do whatever it wants that I disagree with. Sure, technically they can. Doesn't mean it's necessarily the best thing to do or that just because you can do something you should. It's more of the way it was said that I have a problem with. Like a weak ass excuse to get away with doing something ****y. Nintendo is a business first and foremost. And when running a business you want to do what the consumers want so you keep making money, doing whatever you want will, more often then not, lead into backlash. I don't mind if you try new things to do, that's always good. Your trying to broaden your consumer base, that a good thing to try and do. But again, it's the way he said it that I have a problem with and the mentality behind it that I have a problem with. Not the actual going onto more then just gaming bit.

Does that clarify things for you Quilt from my perspective?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom