• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
BandicootBoards is getting worse. (>_>)

So, I guess this maybe isn't the Place to ask (and if it isn't, sorry), but has this been Debunked yet? Wasn't sure where to ask, but since I Think I see old artwork, I thought I may as well ask here.

Anyone knows?

I'd say it's fake based on the fact that it has just 39 characters.

Last edited:

PokéMurio

Smash Apprentice
I thought they closed forums from adblock users.
So, I guess this maybe isn't the Place to ask (and if it isn't, sorry), but has this been Debunked yet? Wasn't sure where to ask, but since I Think I see old artwork, I thought I may as well ask here.

Anyone knows?

If and when anyone of those characters get confirmed and has different artwork it is confirmed as fake. Also... does it say "Lucario" instead of "Rucario"?

It DOES look very legit however.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I'd say it's fake based on the fact that it has just 39 characters.
True. That would be the same amunt as Brawl had. I thought it may just not be all unlocked.

But then I noticed that Wario is just his 3D Brawl model in his running animation. :p

@ PokéMurio PokéMurio
That is true. Yeah, seems to be a not that great fake. But I do like how it all looks. :)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Not breaking the site is haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard.

Anyone knows?
Aside highly doubting the concept from Twilight Princess would be Ganondorf's real icon (even if he gets his sword), and the very familiar-looking models for MK and Wario, it just seems half-arsed/fake to me. But that's just me, I wouldn't look too much into it.

BandicootBoards is getting worse. (>_>)
Crashboards.png

Also being a mod doesn't mean you can double post.

I thought they closed forums from adblock users.

If and when anyone of those characters get confirmed and has different artwork it is confirmed as fake. Also... does it say "Lucario" instead of "Rucario"?

It DOES look very legit however.
All the names are what they say on the Japanese Smash Dojo. "Rukario" is just the phonetic way of saying "Lucario."

Staarih

Smash Master
That looks fake to me, some of the models (Ness, Ice Climbers, Mr G&W among others) look way off.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Anyone knows?

Only 39 characters? The same amount of characters like in Brawl? Only 7 newcomers? So that means it cut 7 veterans from Brawl (Ivysaur, Squirtle, Wolf, Ike, Lucas, R.O.B., and Snake). That would suck... no Palutena? no Donkey Kong newcomer? no Takamaru? no Shulk? no Ridley? no Pac-Man? Disappointing...

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Yeah, I just got excited when I saw it and thought it may just have some characters not unlocked. But yes, it is a obvious fake, especially when you look at Wario.

But I do like how it all looks. Looks pretty. But somehow, I expect the character selection screen to NOT be lik Brawl's at all.

I kinda want those ? like in Melee, haha.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
What is everyone thinking for release dates?
My money is on mid-late August for the 3ds version, say August 19th, and mid-late November for the wii u version, say November 14th or 21st.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

Anyone knows?

Lol That is so fake. No Krystal, no PacMan, no extra Donkey Kong character? The only thing this leak's good for is the trash can. NEXT!!!

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Lol That is so fake. No Krystal, no PacMan, no extra Donkey Kong character? The only thing this leak's good for is the trash can. NEXT!!!
Well, I doubt Krystal would have a chance anyways. And I thought you didn't Believe in PacMan. :p
And yes, it is a obvious fake, as I have said already. But it DOES have a pretty neat character screen.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
More than Possible. ^^ Also, feel free to say exactly WHY you Think Krystal has such a big chance, instead of banishig me from town~
That was a joke! Whenever I make a silly statement in all caps, it's a joke!

And I've been asked not to talk about Krystal like I have been, if you check my posts in the character discussion thread set up by Neon, you can find it.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master

And I've been asked not to talk about Krystal like I have been, if you check my posts in the character discussion thread set up by Neon, you can find it.
I know, my reply to that was a extenction of that joke. ^^

And, I see. I wonder why. ;P I do doubt Krystal will be in, though.

They better keep Wolf, however.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki

That's a big ol' thread, a page number might help..

splat

Smash Lord

Anyone knows?

Wario - seems to be a cut-out from a Brawl screenshot, it's his running animation.
Ganondorf - seems to be edited from his Brawl render.
Metaknight - same as Ganondorf
Ice Climbers - too little difference between highlights and shadows compared to the official renders
Captain Falcon - same as Ice Climbers
Ness - same as Ice Climbers
Falco - same as Ice Climbers, but less so
Purin - same as Ice Climbers, but less so
Mr. Game & Watch - incredibly bland pose

It's not bad, but obviously fake.
Only 10 characters unknown while the game still isn't out yet also sounds like something Sakurai wouldn't do - Brawl had 12 hidden characters.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
You didn't give me my Midna as a playable character, Samu-saku-rai-san, which means Krystal and Dixie Kong are obvious newcomers.

Anyone knows?

Ya know what?

I hate to admit it but this is actually possible if we considered as worst case scenario

I mean... The cuts seem *cough* *cough* *cough* reasonable to a very very low and unreasonable extent
1) Lucas
2) Snake
3) PT (With Squirtle and Ivysaur)
4) ROB
5) Wolf

And rejections to Mewtwo (Which is absurd as hell but still very possible regardless and unfortunately), Ridley and K. Rool (Even more absurb than Mewtwo if rejected also) sound somewhat reasonable if we are looking at Sakurai in a more negative and dumb way

Overall if we become as negative as let's say... er... not naming names but whatever... If we hit our negative peak theeen this is by all means possible

In other words, this is a massive hunk of bull ****

But let's keep a pessmistic mind here for a second. We're thinking about a guy who, I'm not sure if anyone's on the boat with me about this, canned Ridley and may also ****-can Mewtwo based on how he dealt with the "hard work" of Waluigi fans and Ridley fans.

And.... Wait minute... WHERE'S SHULK AND CHORUS FREAKS!?!?

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

*Storms out of the thread*

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Krystal is possible. But I don't see her as likely.

But then again I never saw WFT, Villager, Rosalina, or Geninja as likely either. Most of the new comers so far seem to be based mostly on unique moveset potential then anything else. Since Kryatal could use the staff, she could fall under then uniqueness category. However the newcomers I listed all come from more popular games then Star Fox and are still going strong. Which is where her unlikeliness comes in.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer

Anyone knows?

D1 says it's fake.
HE HATH SPOKEN

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That character select screen is fake, several models are already from past games, ness is never an original, it is more well down though then others.
I thought this was interesting:
saw tho last night, it was good but they should have came here to read sals post first.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Ya know what?

I hate to admit it but this is actually possible if we considered as worst case scenario

I mean... The cuts seem *cough* *cough* *cough* reasonable to a very very low and unreasonable extent
1) Lucas
2) Snake
3) PT (With Squirtle and Ivysaur)
4) ROB
5) Wolf

And rejections to Mewtwo (Which is absurd as hell but still very possible regardless and unfortunately), Ridley and K. Rool (Even more absurb than Mewtwo if rejected also) sound somewhat reasonable if we are looking at Sakurai in a more negative and dumb way

Overall if we become as negative as let's say... er... not naming names but whatever... If we hit our negative peak theeen this is by all means possible

In other words, this is a massive hunk of bull ****

But let's keep a pessmistic mind here for a second. We're thinking about a guy who, I'm not sure if anyone's on the boat with me about this, canned Ridley and may also ****-can Mewtwo based on how he dealt with the "hard work" of Waluigi fans and Ridley fans.

And.... Wait minute... WHERE'S SHULK AND CHORUS FREAKS!?!?

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

*Storms out of the thread*
Well from a design standpoint, it would be incredibly mean spirited if highly requested characters were to be shot down because of fans wanting these characters. Doing that is the thing that discourages people from enjoying the final product, because it feels like they've been conned and all of the effort used was useless. It's one of the reasons why I think the exclusion of Ridley was one of the more notable blemishes with these games, despite the clear efforts to fix the problems the last installment introduced. Hell I would even go as far to say as this fake roster, if it was hypothetically real, would easily be the biggest flaw in a game that may turn out to be arguably the best installments otherwise.

Also, **** the exclusion of Ike.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Ike's cool and all but more than likely they won't bring him back. Which is tragic.

Sakurai doesn't exclude characters because people want them. Those characters probably just aren't in his vision of the game despite how much other people want them to be.

As far as sakurai is concerned, ridley is too big and is better off serving as something that isn't a character.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ike's cool and all but more than likely they won't bring him back. Which is tragic.

Sakurai doesn't exclude characters because people want them. Those characters probably just aren't in his vision of the game despite how much other people want them to be.

As far as sakurai is concerned, ridley is too big and is better off serving as something that isn't a character.
This isn't related to your post but I'd like to mention that your signature Gifs are seizure inducing.

I would know, both of them gave me one.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

Like I mentioned, this is more so a case of purposely canning characters due to the overwhelming demand being a rather mean spirited way to dismiss the fans, and likewise create a giant hole in an otherwise vastly improved game. If a character is dismissed for more justified means, like say programming problems or copyright complications, then yes I could see a character being dismissed. Though if the dismissed character is dismissed solely to give the fans a middle finger, that would hurt the reception of Sakurai and pretty much anyone else involved.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom