• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not too sure if people here care, but apparently Wally West(one of the Flash incarnations)is making his debut in the New 52. I always thought Wally was pretty cool, so it should nice to see him kick ass again. His costume is blue I think.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Is that a Neopet?
It certainly is.
...Man I feel old!

Though, the only thing I remember from it were those stupid pets you only got once in a blue moon.
And that the majority of games were "meh" clones of much better games.

Last edited:

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
From what I can gather about that roster pic, Wario is from an old Brawl Dojo pic, Ganondorf is from a collector's statue, and Ice Climbers should be referred to as Ice Climber. So fake?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
From what I can gather about that roster pic, Wario is from an old Brawl Dojo pic, Ganondorf is from a collector's statue, and Ice Climbers should be referred to as Ice Climber. So fake?
The bad images are not entirely impossible. Sakurai can go with whatever he finds to look great. That said, I doubt he'd do that.

The Ice Climber typo is a big deal since getting that name wrong is not something the real game would ever do. It's the kicker here. It's definitely fake. Plus, 39 characters like Brawl officially had? Why wouldn't Sakurai bump it up a bit? And why lower the max number of Franchises with barely 2 or 3 characters? Why cut R.O.B., who has a lot of importance to Nintendo's history, and Video Gaming as a whole? I can get Snake being cut, but not without another 3rd Party in.

If the IC typo wasn't there, there's a decent chance it was only some of the roster, and the rest were still unlockable. But that isn't the case here.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
The bad images are not entirely impossible. Sakurai can go with whatever he finds to look great. That said, I doubt he'd do that.

The Ice Climber typo is a big deal since getting that name wrong is not something the real game would ever do. It's the kicker here. It's definitely fake. Plus, 39 characters like Brawl officially had? Why wouldn't Sakurai bump it up a bit? And why lower the max number of Franchises with barely 2 or 3 characters? Why cut R.O.B., who has a lot of importance to Nintendo's history, and Video Gaming as a whole? I can get Snake being cut, but not without another 3rd Party in.

If the IC typo wasn't there, there's a decent chance it was only some of the roster, and the rest were still unlockable. But that isn't the case here.
All the artwork for characters are original. I HIGHLY doubt he'd take an old image for Wario and a picture of a statue for their ingame artwork.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I thought this was interesting:
I do like me some Gamexplain :)

I also like me some Shulk so I really hope it's true!

And if by Chorus Boys they truly mean the little dudes from the Glee Club thing with the big teeth in their otherwise unassuming mouths... they were adorable. I would totally be down with that.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
It certainly is.
...Man I feel old!

Though, the only thing I remember from it were those stupid pets you only got once in a blue moon.
And that the majority of games were "meh" clones of much better games.
In 2001, I had one of only three trophies ever issued throughout the entire world via the Theme Park Contest before the feature was closed.

Don't touch me you filthy casual.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
All the artwork for characters are original. I HIGHLY doubt he'd take an old image for Wario and a picture of a statue for their ingame artwork.
Highly doubt =/= Not impossible.

Doubting doesn't much matter. Wii Fit Trainer was a beyond unlikely choice that almost no one saw coming. If anyone, that is. It's the same case here.

It's literally the IC typo that makes it definitely fake. No matter how unlikely the other stuff is, that doesn't mean it's impossible.

Let's remember his reason for Zelda/Sheik being Transformations is because he felt they were unique as a team and worked best that way. Expecting them split up was odd. Many thought PT in general would not return with his 3 Pokemon. Splitting them up wasn't noteworthy as an idea much. You were more likely to see "What could Squirtle and Ivysaur be replaced with to show off other Pokemon" these days. The split wasn't even wanted so much as Stamina, Forced Switching, and extra Elemental Damage was removed. The switching alone wasn't hated much at all.

Sakurai outright said pre-Brawl he could not see Villager as a fighter very well. He thought about it, but that was it. This was also noted in an after-Brawl interview. Gotta expect the unexpected. That said, while I doubt it as well, him using older images isn't completely hard to believe that it's possible.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
Highly doubt =/= Not impossible.

Doubting doesn't much matter. Wii Fit Trainer was a beyond unlikely choice that almost no one saw coming. If anyone, that is. It's the same case here.

It's literally the IC typo that makes it definitely fake. No matter how unlikely the other stuff is, that doesn't mean it's impossible.

Let's remember his reason for Zelda/Sheik being Transformations is because he felt they were unique as a team and worked best that way. Expecting them split up was odd. Many thought PT in general would not return with his 3 Pokemon. Splitting them up wasn't noteworthy as an idea much. You were more likely to see "What could Squirtle and Ivysaur be replaced with to show off other Pokemon" these days. The split wasn't even wanted so much as Stamina, Forced Switching, and extra Elemental Damage was removed. The switching alone wasn't hated much at all.

Sakurai outright said pre-Brawl he could not see Villager as a fighter very well. He thought about it, but that was it. This was also noted in an after-Brawl interview. Gotta expect the unexpected. That said, while I doubt it as well, him using older images isn't completely hard to believe that it's possible.
So you basically say Sakurai would be lazy? I know things change, but this is artwork for crying outloud! ALL the characters have original artwork so, them being lazy with two characters is very unlikely.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
So... anyone up for some music this Easter evening? How about something that may very well be Smash themed if those Chorus Boys really are in Smash

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So you basically say Sakurai would be lazy? I know things change, but this is artwork for crying outloud! ALL the characters have original artwork so, them being lazy with two characters is very unlikely.
No. I'm basically saying Sakurai can use anything he wants and to not be surprised if he went with past images... that he created anyway.

Using your old images is lazy now? Ones you created in the first place? Stop assuming what my argument is. If I intended to call him lazy, I would've actually said that.

The other thing I'm saying is he's very unpredictable as is. Not lazy.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
No. I'm basically saying Sakurai can use anything he wants and to not be surprised if he went with past images... that he created anyway.

Using your old images is lazy now? Ones you created in the first place? Stop assuming what my argument is. If I intended to call him lazy, I would've actually said that.

The other thing I'm saying is he's very unpredictable as is. Not lazy.
My point is that them not using new artwork is as likely as food being absent from Thanksgiving, it's possible that it may not be there, but it's practically guaranteed.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Using your old images is lazy now? Ones you created in the first place
Distasteful- not lazy.

When it comes to a game like Smash Bros, representation is everything. Hell, it's the glimmering star to hopefully restore the Wii-U. Everything they can possibly do to make this game look good- they're most likely going to do it.

So it's not lazy, no. But it's not likely they would bring in old artwork to represent something so important.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Hey, I've got a choice between wonderful 101 and Starfox 64 3d. Which one should I get? I've never played Starfox 64 before. And by the way Happy Easter!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
My point is that them not using new artwork is as likely as food being absent from Thanksgiving, it's possible that it may not be there, but it's practically guaranteed.
Are you designing this game? No? Then you don't know what he'll do for sure. "Guaranteed" is just a laughable argument, since you're speaking in absolutes. That's not how good debates work whatsoever. It's unlikely only.

Distasteful- not lazy.

When it comes to a game like Smash Bros, representation is everything. Hell, it's the glimmering star to hopefully restore the Wii-U. Everything they can possibly do to make this game look good- they're most likely going to do it.

So it's not lazy, no. But it's not likely they would bring in old artwork to represent something so important.
That's my actual argument, notably. It's not likely. It's distasteful too, agreed.

I'm skeptical of stuff like this since while it is hard to believe, Sakurai shoves enough curveballs into his games to know we can't actually predict things that easily. That's why when a person say it's "guaranteed", it's an ignorable point. It isn't. It's likely, respectively, but that's it.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
That's my actual argument, notably. It's not likely. It's distasteful too, agreed.

I'm skeptical of stuff like this since while it is hard to believe, Sakurai shoves enough curveballs into his games to know we can't actually predict things that easily. That's why when a person say it's "guaranteed", it's an ignorable point. It isn't. It's likely, respectively, but that's it.
Exactly. "Guaranteed" is Lucario being playable. And that's because he was confirmed by Sakurai.

I'm gonna take this moment to say this: Until it happens, there's no amount of proof that'll guarantee anything.

Now, I must go. I have a foot long rabbit to devour.

Last edited:

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
Are you designing this game? No? Then you don't know what he'll do for sure. "Guaranteed" is just a laughable argument, since you're speaking in absolutes. That's not how good debates work whatsoever. It's unlikely only.

I said "practically" not definitely. An yes, using a picture of Wario that wasn't actually artwork it was a screenshot doesn't require a lot of effort.

http://www.smashbros.com/wii/en_us/characters/images/wario/wario_071224b.jpg

Which knowing Sakurai, he puts a lot into his games.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Exactly. "Guaranteed" is Lucario being playable. And that's because he was confirmed by Sakurai.

I'm gonna take this moment to say this: Until it happens, there's no amount of proof that'll guarantee anything.
Pretty much.

People need to wait till he directly says it, not implies it, and then wait till release to see if it stays the same. He's said twice that some things may change before release. When showing off Peach's moves, he said these weren't guaranteed till release. And he said anything could change that is shown in the Direct. To note, I think that every confirmed playable character showed off are 99.9% going to be playable. I only say this in the rare case he changes his mind. I mean, he did a lot of work on Mewtwo during Brawl's development but scrapped him. Albeit, he did not confirm him and then scrap him, so this is obviously unlikely, hence the .1% chance of change mentioned for them.

You get what I mean, though. I do agree with you, though. Almost 100%.

I said "practically" not definitely. An yes, using a picture of Wario that wasn't actually artwork it was a screenshot doesn't require a lot of effort.

http://www.smashbros.com/wii/en_us/characters/images/wario/wario_071224b.jpg

Which knowing Sakurai, he puts a lot into his games.
You're still implying I think he's lazy when I say that. I already told you that's not what I believe. Get off this tangent, please. You're arguing against an argument you created for me, not one I made. It's called a Strawman, and is not a very reasonable way to debate.

You know mine. I think it's unlikely he'll use past images. That doesn't mean he definitely won't, of course.

Last edited:

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
In 2001, I had one of only three trophies ever issued throughout the entire world via the Theme Park Contest before the feature was closed.

You could use that as a pick up line.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
Pretty much.

People need to wait till he directly says it, not implies it, and then wait till release to see if it stays the same. He's said twice that some things may change before release. When showing off Peach's moves, he said these weren't guaranteed till release. And he said anything could change that is shown in the Direct. To note, I think that every confirmed playable character showed off are 99.9% going to be playable. I only say this in the rare case he changes his mind. I mean, he did a lot of work on Mewtwo during Brawl's development but scrapped him. Albeit, he did not confirm him and then scrap him, so this is obviously unlikely, hence the .1% chance of change mentioned for them.

You get what I mean, though. I do agree with you, though. Almost 100%.

You're still implying I think he's lazy when I say that. I already told you that's not what I believe. Get off this tangent, please. You're arguing against an argument you created for me, not one I made. It's called a Strawman, and is not a very reasonable way to debate.

You know mine. I think it's unlikely he'll used past images. That doesn't mean he definitely won't, of course.
I'm sorry for creating an argument you did not say deliberately, coming from another board where arguing is constant I guess I still have some of the assuming mentality. I apologize so let's just (figuratively speaking) shake hands and I'll move on.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm sorry for creating an argument you did not say deliberately, coming from another board where arguing is constant I guess I still have some of the assuming mentality. I apologize so let's just (figuratively speaking) shake hands and I'll move on.
Hands shaken.

And I didn't say or imply it anyway. ;)

Best thing to do is make sure to not assume what someone is saying, and if you're confused, just ask. :)

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
I had an idea out of the blue, what if Megaman got a new series that is a 3rd person shooter somewhere in the timeline around Megaman X, during the great reploid wars?

Anyone else think this would be awesome? :)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I had an idea out of the blue, what if Megaman got a new series that is a 3rd person shooter somewhere in the timeline around Megaman X, during the great reploid wars?

Anyone else think this would be awesome? :)
...Isn't MegaMan X7 a third person shooter? >_>

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Well excuse me, princess.

Though to be serious I only really played the game. I really didn't do much in terms of contests. Granted I was an idiot at the time that couldn't do anything notable (I was maybe like 10 when I was on Neopets. Heck, I'm not even sure if the account exists anymore). Though I do remember getting a high score that was accidentally deleted...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom