• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There is no Megaman X7. Or X6. The series just skips from X5 to X8. Yup. That's what I'll keep telling myself until the day I die.

:p
Was hoping for this reply. :awesome:

Was it? I thought all the games in the X series were 2D platformers.
Don't honestly know if you're joking or not. But yeah, they had more types. To note, when joking, using a silly smiley helps to detect if you're being sarcastic/etc. Note shinpichu's post for an ideal way to show that. :)

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Was it? I thought all the games in the X series were 2D platformers.
X7 is a blend of terrible and awful 2D platformer and a sort of 3rd person shooter. I've heard it compared to a crappier version of Other M's gameplay.

Or that would be the case if it existed, WHICH IT DOESN'T. :mad::mad::mad:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I had an idea out of the blue, what if Megaman got a new series that is a 3rd person shooter somewhere in the timeline around Megaman X, during the great reploid wars?

Anyone else think this would be awesome? :)
Out of the blue, you say?

Unfortunately for Mega Man, his ship has sailed. If you want another metaphor, he's a princess locked away in a Capcom Corporate Castle. Well, what if then? I don't know. I don't think I would play it. Everything that's happened since Mega Man Legends 2, besides Mega Man Zero, has been such a huge deviation that the whole thing warrants a reboot, and a reboot that only the likes of Hideo Kojima could salvage.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
Was hoping for this reply. :awesome:

Don't honestly know if you're joking or not. But yeah, they had more types. To note, when joking, using a silly smiley helps to detect if you're being sarcastic/etc. Note shinpichu's post for an ideal way to show that. :)
Still new to the boards so I'll take that advice, and no I'm not joking. The only Mega Man game I played growing up was Mega Man 2 and for some reason it never really grabbed me as it did other people. Only now am I actually playing through the series through Virtual Console.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Still new to the boards so I'll take that advice, and no I'm not joking. The only Mega Man game I played growing up was Mega Man 2 and for some reason it never really grabbed me as it did other people. Only now am I actually playing through the series through Virtual Console.
Ah, okay. Makes sense. MegaMan Soccer is yet another one, specifically part of the Classic MegaMan series.

Really?
Eh, I'm sticking with the main series. And the Gameboy and Xtreme games when they come out.
Yep, really. MegaMan Battle Network is highly different, an rpg game, MegaMan Legends is a third parson shooter(X7 has some of that), MegaMan Soccer is... just guess. To be clear, we're talking about the one where you kick a ball and never use your hands.

Most games are 2D shooting.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd play a Megaman X9. Though the idea of a 3-D Classic Megaman game is cool too.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
Ah, okay. Makes sense. MegaMan Soccer is yet another one, specifically part of the Classic MegaMan series.

Yep, really. MegaMan Battle Network is highly different, an rpg game, MegaMan Legends is a third parson shooter(X7 has some of that), MegaMan Soccer is... just guess. To be clear, we're talking about the one where you kick a ball and never use your hands.

Most games are 2D shooting.
There was a Mega Man Soccer game?! This series never ceases to amaze me.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There was a Mega Man Soccer game?! This series never ceases to amaze me.
Eeyup. It's okay, pretty rare. Has no ending screen, though. Was Dummied Out for no known reason. Did the cutscenes overload the system or something? Who knows.

That's what I like about the MegaMan series as a whole. There's a ton of games and some from different genres. Sonic and Mario share similar traits.(Sonic to a lesser degree, closer to MegaMan even. Few non-side scrollers.) Mario covers a ton of genres too. It's fun~

Last edited:

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
Well... I didn't know a 3PS Megaman game was been-there-never-do-that-again. Oh well, it looked cool to me on paper.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
MegaMan Soccer is... just guess.
Hmm, let's see...
It's a dark and gritty reboot about Megaman after experiencing emotional stress during the "War of the Robots".
Confused and angry, he begins to seek help. And wants to find a new calling in his life.
After some time, he finds the man who could help him. Gutsman (who is now a psychiatrist).
Turning over a new leaf, he wanted to be an advocate for peace, and one who tried to stop the incoming political war.

...Or a game about Soccer. Could go either way I guess. :ohwell:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I dunno. I like my idea better. :upsidedown:

Though to be serious, the only one I'm thinking of trying someday is the fighting game he had (or Megaman DOS).
Soccer seemed super easy, so it might be playable outside of the regular SNES. It wasn't on the Anniversary Collection, although The Power Fighters and Power Battle are. It also contains the rest of the normal Classic games, up to 8.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Soccer seemed super easy, so it might be playable outside of the regular SNES. It wasn't on the Anniversary Collection, although The Power Fighters and Power Battle are. It also contains the rest of the normal Classic games, up to 8.
Well I don't have any of the consoles it wants so...

Oh well, at least I'll always have DOS to look forward to.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well I don't have any of the consoles it wants so...

Oh well, at least I'll always have DOS to look forward to.
Right.

I don't need to explain what other options you have. :p

That said, you could buy a regular Wii for the Anniversary Collection as is. I think it's on the PS2 as well.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
That said, you could buy a regular Wii for the Anniversary Collection as is. I think it's on the PS2 as well.
Well, I need a TV for that.
Plus, I already have Megaman 1-6 on my 3DS. Though I'm fine, I'll figure something out (presumably with emulators).

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Brawl Vault doesn't seem to be loading anymore, at least for me. So now only certain characters have custom textures on them and the rest are default. And I know of no other sites that do textures. And trying to Google/Yahoo always takes me to Brawl Vault.

What do? I don't like having only certain characters done but not others. >_>
Seriously. Is the another site that I can get custom textures from for PM, as I can;t seem to find any no matter where I look. All I can find is Brawl Vault. But that isn't working.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well... I didn't know a 3PS Megaman game was been-there-never-do-that-again. Oh well, it looked cool to me on paper.
Well, it can be improved on. It was only done once after all. So I don't see why it should be a big issue or anything. That's my take on it anyhow.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, I need a TV for that.
Plus, I already have Megaman 1-6 on my 3DS. Though I'm fine, I'll figure something out (presumably with emulators).
I try to avoid emulation(hacks aside, since those are unique and fun), but I get ya.

Thankfully there's ways to get around Importation issues. Often with a cheat device(GameShark, Freeloaders) or just buying the version of the system from the same country as the game. If you got the money, go for it.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I try to avoid emulation(hacks aside, since those are unique and fun), but I get ya.

Thankfully there's ways to get around Importation issues. Often with a cheat device(GameShark, Freeloaders) or just buying the version of the system from the same country as the game. If you got the money, go for it.
Well I don't ATM.
But I'll at least consider it.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Get a job?

Find a way to get easy cash?

Whatever works(legally).
Well, let's put it this way.
Unless the occasional seasonal job (I.E. mowing lawns) count. I don't have a full time job. Then again, I'm a teenager (older than 13 though) so there's that...

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Prostitution always works out Oh you mean legally? Well, there are always car washes....
It's legal in some places, to be fair. And no, it doesn't always work out even when it's legal. XD

Well, let's put it this way.
Unless the occasional seasonal job (I.E. mowing lawns) count. I don't have a full time job. Then again, I'm a teenager (older than 13, but younger than 18) so there's that...
You might be able to find a job, depending the requirements. Part-time is necessary, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom