• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
I think jiggs will make it back just on principle. I see jiggs getting a major move overhaul. She had cool moves but the risk versus reward was just not in her favor.

I can see sing getting an effect time extension. The opponent sleeps longer.

Rest would heal as well as retain its attack properties.

Rollout would turn easier.

Pound wouldn't suck..... Or would be replaced entirely.

Speculation at its finest.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I think jiggs will make it back just on principle. I see jiggs getting a major move overhaul. She had cool moves but the risk versus reward was just not in her favor.

I can see sing getting an effect time extension. The opponent sleeps longer.

Rest would heal as well as retain its attack properties.

Rollout would turn easier.

Pound wouldn't suck..... Or would be replaced entirely.

Speculation at its finest.
That's a major move overhaul?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Funny part is Pound was her best move in 64. Easiest to hit with, great juggling properties. Sing didn't last long, and Rest was hard to hit with as is. Of course, Rollout is still a good move, but leaves you defenseless, as does everything except... Pound. Irony?

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Funny part is Pound was her best move in 64. Easiest to hit with, great juggling properties. Sing didn't last long, and Rest was hard to hit with as is. Of course, Rollout is still a good move, but leaves you defenseless, as does everything except... Pound. Irony?
Well, if we want to go by in-game logic, Pound is easily the least risky move to use.

Pound is a move with a base power of 40 and 100% accuracy, you're always going to deal damage with it, not good damage but consistent and reliable damage all the same.
Rollout doesn't allow you to switch out of the move until you miss, so if an opponent feels like switching into a pokemon that resists the move, congratulations they get to do whatever they feel like while you screw yourself over by being stuck in the same move.
Sing has extremely unreliable accuracy and basically means you wasted a turn when you miss
And rest in-game heals you and puts you to sleep without any of that huge damage stuff (as a smash noob that move really confused me) so obviously since you can't do anything when you're asleep the opponent can set-up all over you.

So yeah, pound is the least risky move of the four, as always.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, if we want to go by in-game logic, Pound is easily the least risky move to use.

Pound is a move with a base power of 40 and 100% accuracy, you're always going to deal damage with it, not good damage but consistent and reliable damage all the same.
Rollout doesn't allow you to switch out of the move until you miss, so if an opponent feels like switching into a pokemon that resists the move, congratulations they get to do whatever they feel like while you screw yourself over by being stuck in the same move.
Sing has extremely unreliable accuracy and basically means you wasted a turn when you miss
And rest in-game heals you and puts you to sleep without any of that huge damage stuff (as a smash noob that move really confused me) so obviously since you can't do anything when you're asleep the opponent can set-up all over you.

So yeah, pound is the least risky move of the four, as always.
I like how it translated well in Smash. :3

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
well, other than the rest heals you thing of course xD (I wonder how useful rest would be if it actually did that xD)
It'd be actually awesome~

Doesn't one of Wii Fit Trainer's moves heal her now? Before then, a move that was easy to heal with(one of Judgment's ability to drop food) was rare. But now... not a big deal. Healing moves, imo, are unbalanced in fighting games. I think the fact she's forced to sleep for a bit might help balance it out. An alternate idea is that she only gets healing if Jigglypuff hits someone?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Ah, it's just good ol' Levi in Attack on Titan kicking *** like always.
I've heard about that. Sounds pretty good.

What's cool about that spin dash attack is that I actually added that technique to one of my characters last week. That's too coincidental.

I guess I better start watching this...

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
It'd be actually awesome~

Doesn't one of Wii Fit Trainer's moves heal her now? Before then, a move that was easy to heal with(one of Judgment's ability to drop food) was rare. But now... not a big deal. Healing moves, imo, are unbalanced in fighting games. I think the fact she's forced to sleep for a bit might help balance it out. An alternate idea is that she only gets healing if Jigglypuff hits someone?
It's kind of confusing to figure out what Deep Breathing specifically does to Wii Fit Trainer but basically when you listen to his explanation it's more along the lines of "Wii Fit Trainer Powers up her attacks after Deep Breathing" which is what I was CONVINCED rest did in Brawl before I had an idea of what I was actually talking about.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Deep Breathing strengthens her attacks. I'm guessing it would affect the damage done as well as the knockback the opponent receives.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's kind of confusing to figure out what Deep Breathing specifically does to Wii Fit Trainer but basically when you listen to his explanation it's more along the lines of "Wii Fit Trainer Powers up her attacks after Deep Breathing" which is what I was CONVINCED rest did in Brawl before I had an idea of what I was actually talking about.
Ah. And heh.

Well, we'll have to see. Makes sense, though.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Unrelated to Smash but I'm watching my wife try on wedding dresses. Made my heart skip seeing her come out in a wedding dress.

Planning a overseas wedding from Japan that's in little over 4 months has been hectic.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Sonic is the only Pokemon who can hold 7 items at once because he needs 7 different Mega Stones in order to Mega Evolve.
I just realized, this means you would need 7 Mega Rings in order to Mega Evolve Sonic.

Sonic...Seven Rings...WAIT A SECOND

Darkspine Sonic confirmed for Smash 4 Final Smash and Gen 7.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I just realized, this means you would need 7 Mega Rings in order to Mega Evolve Sonic.

Sonic...Seven Rings...WAIT A SECOND

Darkspine Sonic confirmed for Smash 4 Final Smash and Gen 7.
Pretend i'm putting an image of insane disapproval of what you just posted.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Wedding is on the 21st of September in Ohio. We got the outside chapel as well as the chapel in case of rain booked. The reception hall is booked. I got the photographer, DJ, and videographer all set. Working on the guest list and the decorations now. We also are taking dancing lessons :) Sadly here parents can't come so we will have a party in Japan afterward. That party will cost as much as the American wedding and it'll be a smaller in size and more private. Then another party for friends which I want to hold in a German beer hall that I love to go to.

Dresses here are expensive though as are weddings. A wedding in Japan would cost 20,000 to 50,000 dollars. The dress itself would be 8,000. We are doing a wedding in the states for 10,000.

Last edited:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Jiggs rocks. She's outdated but fun to play as. If she's reworked to be a bit more fairy, she'll be great. Not all pokemon look badass.
Yeah that would make sense, and would be welcomed.

Masked Link though... gimme.
My Masked Link Moveset
Default Young Link
Appearance change: Deku Shield into Hero's Shield, change Kokiri Sword into MM version or Razor Sword
Overall: He use the Magic meter which slowly regenerates over time. 30 MP max. regains 1 MP/5-10 seconds.
Moveset is Similar to Young Link from Melee but with a few alterations:
:GCU:+:GCB:: Spin Attack. Has less attack range when 0 MP left. Uses 2 MP.
:GCB:: Fire Arrow. Looses Fire attribute when 0 MP left. Uses 2 MP.
:GCD:+:GCB:: Deku Mask. He put's on the deku mask and transforms into Deku Link. (See Deku Link)
:GCR:+:GCB:: He does a forward jump attack with the Great Fairy's Sword.(because Masked Link didn't have a Boomerang.)
Deku Link: a small, agile character that can glide and is weakest of the three mask forms.
:GCB:: Deku Bubble. He charges the Deku Bubble. Can move while charging. Can't store it for later, must be fired to be able to use other attacks. Uses 1 MP
:GCU:+:GCB:: Deku Flower Copter.
-On the ground: He burrows into the Deku Flower then shoots up and rides his flower copters for 3 seconds. The boost upward from the flower hits any above him during the animation. The copters slowly float down while you control the flight path like in MM.
-in the air: He takes out his flower copters and rides them for 3 seconds. Gains no upward boost. Slowly floats downward as you control the flight path.
:GCR:+:GCB:: Deku Nut: He throws a deku nut on the ground in front of him. It causes stun but no damage or knockback. Extremely short range and can hit only on person. Lasts one second.
:GCD:+:GCB:: Goron Mask. He changes into Goron Link (see Goron Link)
He also uses his Bark shield that he huddles underneath instead of his orb shield (like how Yoshi uses his egg instead).
Goron Link: big, slow, and hard hitting.
:GCB:: Goron Punch. He does the standard punch combo from MM. Punch with the right, Uppercut from the left, then finish with a strike from his back/butt. It does the most damage and knockback during the last strike. Slow like in MM.
:GCU:+:GCB:: Goron Ball Bomb. He curls into a Goron Ball and jumps straight up so he can land down and leave a small impact crater around him. It's on the way up as well as on the way down and at the crater. If in mid air he just falls down (like Kirby's :GCD:+:GCB:), and does a meteor smash.
:GCR:+:GCB:: Goron Curl. He curls into a ball and can be moved similar to Jigglypuff's rollout, but with no need to charge it up and it has greater control than Jigg's rollout. If you have 0 MP, the ball will move slower and not have the spikes, which will mean less damage and knockback. This can cancel into Goron Ball Bomb at any time during the roll. Uses 1 MP/second.
:GCD:+:GCB:: Zora Mask. He changes into Zora Link (See Zora Link).
Zora Link: A mix of speed and power.
:GCB:: Zora Boomerang. He does a forward slash with his extended Zora fin and then holds them out like in MM and readies to fire his fins off as boomerangs. He can move and jump while holding the boomerangs but can't attack unless he fires them. they only fire in the direction you are facing and also hit while returning.
:GCU:+:GCB:: Zora Water Jump. He does a dolphin jump out of the water (no actual water involved). it launches up in a slightly higher ark than Wolf's :GCR:+:GCB:, but if you have MP it will have that electric field around him to add the electrical attribute to the attack. If you have 0 MP, there will be no electric field. He also rolls after he lands for an extra light attack. Uses 2 MP.
:GCR:+:GCB:: Zora Attack Combo. he does the attack combo he does in MM. Right Zora fin slash, left Zora fin slash, then ended with a left side kick. Mid level speed for mid level damage and kockback.
:GCD:+:GCB:: Remove Mask. He turns back into Masked Link.
Final Smash: Fierce Deity Mask
He boils down to swinging his two-handed sword around with no fancy maneuvers. He lasts for the length of a normal transform FS.
:GCA:/:GCB:: Swings sword horizontally. Blade does massive damage. If you have MP it will fire the sawblade-like beam from the sword horizontally. It hit's for a good amount of damage and goes to the end of the stage. Uses 2 MP for the beam.
:GCU:+:GCA:/:GCB:: Swings sword upward. Blade does massive damage. If you have MP it will fire the sawblade-like beam from the sword vertically. It hit's for a good amount of damage and goes to the end of the stage. Uses 2 MP for the beam.
:GCR:+:GCA:/:GCB:: Swings sword vertically. Blade does massive damage. If you have MP it will fire the sawblade-like beam from the sword vertically. It hit's for a good amount of damage and goes to the end of the stage. Uses 2 MP for the beam.
:GCD:+:GCA:/:GCB:: Spin attack. Blade does massive damage. If you have MP it will double the range of the swing. Uses 5 MP for the super swing.
Hows that for a Masked Link moveset?

Last edited:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Unrelated to Smash but I'm watching my wife try on wedding dresses. Made my heart skip seeing her come out in a wedding dress.
I hope to do this too with the girl of my dreams someday. *sigh* If she was with me and not someone else. :c

Anyways, Congrats man! May it last forever! :b:

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thanks. It's going pretty fast. Became engaged on Christmas Eve, became legally married in Japan on Valentines Day, and then get married legally in America in 4 months.

I wonder where Smash 4 will be during then?

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Thanks. It's going pretty fast. Became engaged on Christmas Eve, became legally married in Japan on Valentines Day, and then get married legally in America in 4 months.

I wonder where Smash 4 will be during then?
Unopened on either your Wii U/3DS and gathering some dust because you's gonna be a newlywed, knowwatimsaying? :awesome:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
This may be a weird place to put this, but eh it's the social thread.

I've met a lot of cool people on this site, especially in this thread and I just felt to weird not giving everyone a proper goodbye. I've been coming on here less and less to the point of almost never visiting and I realize it's just time for me to move on. I'm tired of the debating, tired of the drama, and just plain tired in general. Smash and the community surrounding it is just too much for me to want to keep up with and finally sitting down to become heavily involved with it somehow tainted my love for it which sucks as now I have bad feelings towards my favorite game.

So I say farewell to all the awesome people I've met here. I sadly don't think I'll be back, so if for some crazy reason you want to stay in touch, pop me a PM. Hopefully the 3DS scene can flourish and someone makes that happen.

-Capps

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
This is a social thread. other than posting obscene stuff, attacking fellow forum goers, ect., we can talk about any subject and not just Smash.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I think the madness stops when Smashboards crashes. Now that we're back, it starts again.

Nothing will be like The Great Crash of 2013, followed by The Great Smash Depression.
The Great Crash of 2013....it's still unknown who caused the DDoS here, and fellow Smash sites AllIsBrawl and Project M's site.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So, I guess this maybe isn't the Place to ask (and if it isn't, sorry), but has this been Debunked yet? Wasn't sure where to ask, but since I Think I see old artwork, I thought I may as well ask here.

Anyone knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom