• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't know man. All characters can at least double jump. You would have to use all your jumps to even reap the benefits of that mech.
Well then I'm not sure. I do know there will be floating though.

In the new Mario games I believe you just hold the jump button and you float, that could work
Wait, you hold the jump button to float now?
I haven't played a modern Mario game in forever. So heck if I know.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
It was always holding the button, I don't remember any button spamming. Unless I played a different Super Mario Bros. 3 than everyone else...

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
I'm more interested in seeing F-zero characters in Mario Kart 8 because it's pretty much the same gimmick, just not as awesome....
That reminds me of this crazy amazing idea I had for a new F-Zero game. Kinda like a Xenoblade game if you kinda get what I mean. I mean F-Zero really isn't their go-to racing series anymore, why not revive it and transition it into an open-world type game.

It could work if you have the right guys lead it. Sakurai and Monolith, I'm staring you down till you do it I'm looking at you.

Anyone else?

Maybe there's an F-Zero announcement soon, which explains no Captain Falcon. Or he's just an unlockable. Or hes cut

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
That reminds me of this crazy amazing idea I had for a new F-Zero game. Kinda like a Xenoblade game if you kinda get what I mean. I mean F-Zero really isn't their go-to racing series anymore, why not revive it and transition it into an open-world type game.
I just want a simple F-Zero game. A fast paced racing game with online and custom tracks (which for some reason we never get).
That's all I want, nothing more.

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
I just want a simple F-Zero game. A fast paced racing game with online and custom tracks (which for some reason we never get).
That's all I want, nothing more.
I want that too, but there's no chance they'd release a game that competes with Mario Kart.

Honestly, if they aren't going to make anything of the series, just take it and put it into a new genre. There's plenty of things they can do with it.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Now that I ponder f-zeros return, I bet it hasn't had an iteration since Gc because it's difficult to support 50+ player races. Try maybe at the end of this gen or next gen imo

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Man. I wish the was a faster way to edit stuff on PM with he SD card only method. I love being able to edit the game to fit my tastes, but sheesh it gets tedious at times.

So far I have gotten a red menu for Project M. Sky Loft a different music piece, I couldn't stand the almost complete silence that stage had. And alternate textures for Ness (Pokemon Trainer Gold, Shadow Heartless, Midna, Masked Man, Vivi, and Victini), Sheik (Spider Man, Sothe, Gallade, and 3 different colors of her that look better), Ike (Radiant Dawn Ike, Lord Ike, Cloud, Pokemon Trainer (fishing rod witha Magikarp at the end of it replacing the sword), Riku, and Terra), Ganondorf (Andre (Dark Souls), Arbiter, Darth Vader, Black Knight, Batman, and No Heart), and Marth (Aqua, Sora, Lyndis, Neku, Aeon, and the original PM purple).

Still have the rest of the cast to get textures on and custom music for all stages. Unsure if I will get different stage textures yet tho.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
give on a team that love the series i'm sure it be succesful
I'm sure but Miyamoto is super protective of his IPs. For whatever reason he hated GX and it seems like every interview where he talks about F-Zero, he just rattles off excuses not to make another one. I'm more hopeful about Star Fox to be honest because there's a small chance that he'll actually go back to it.

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560
Man. I wish the was a faster way to edit stuff on PM with he SD card only method. I love being able to edit the game to fit my tastes, but sheesh it gets tedious at times.

So far I have gotten a red menu for Project M. Sky Loft a different music piece, I couldn't stand the almost complete silence that stage had. And alternate textures for Ness (Pokemon Trainer Gold, Shadow Heartless, Midna, Masked Man, Vivi, and Victini), Sheik (Spider Man, Sothe, Gallade, and 3 different colors of her that look better), Ike (Radiant Dawn Ike, Lord Ike, Cloud, Pokemon Trainer (fishing rod witha Magikarp at the end of it replacing the sword), Riku, and Terra), Ganondorf (Andre (Dark Souls), Arbiter, Darth Vader, Black Knight, Batman, and No Heart), and Marth (Aqua, Sora, Lyndis, Neku, Aeon, and the original PM purple).

Still have the rest of the cast to get textures on and custom music for all stages. Unsure if I will get different stage textures yet tho.
I was just putting some Project M textures into standard Brawl an hour ago.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I'm sure but Miyamoto is super protective of his IPs. For whatever reason he hated GX and it seems like every interview where he talks about F-Zero, he just rattles off excuses not to make another one. I'm more hopeful about Star Fox to be honest because there's a small chance that he'll actually go back to it.
sounds like miyamoto dosen't like to share his toys

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's not just Miyamoto's dead IPS though. Nintendo has so many franchises they shouldn't just be sitting on. They should be making games for so many dead franchises. Their exclusive library is the only strength they have if people simply refuse to adapt to the Gamepad. Which is such a bull**** excuse of not supporting Nintendo don't even get me started. I could somewhat get it with the Wii, but the Wii U? **** off.

D

Deleted member

Why should we believe the old image is edited from the new image. I don't get how that's a drawable conclusion.

And before any accusations of me ignoring evidence because I want it to be real, I honestly don't care whether Palutena is in or not.
I've already said why countless times, and even pointed out key details with visuals that for whatever reason, you still couldn't see what is there.

It's clear to me that you just don't care period. So if you're not even going to feign interest, what is the point in asking me that?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's not just Miyamoto's dead IPS though. Nintendo has so many franchises they shouldn't just be sitting on. They should be making games for so many dead franchises. Their exclusive library is the only strength they have if people simply refuse to adapt to the Gamepad. Which is such a bull**** excuse of not supporting Nintendo don't even get me started. I could somewhat get it with the Wii, but the Wii U? **** off.
Hell, buy out Quest 64(and the series)'s IP, considering it's Nintendo-only, and the original creators don't own the IP either.

Imagine how much they could improve it with just a few minute changes. Slightly updating the item system to be organized(like almost every RPG except Dragon Warrior/Mother/Paper Mario/Super Mario RPG). Most just list each item with a "number of", while some don't.

Never mind updated graphics, removing any small glitches, balancing out magic vs physical, going with the Japanese updated version, etc. The thing is? We're talking about a budget title that could barely cost 20 dollars and very little money to fix up at all. Let's remember the reason it was unpopular was that it came after the far more successful Final Fantasy VII. This game, meanwhile, is just a more interesting variation on Dragon Warrior 1, with as much storyline, more engaging gameplay, somewhat better balance, no downsides to dying, same rules for saving your game. Key differences are lack of upgrades(via equipment) and no money. And for many, going around item collecting instead of throwing easy cash around can be considered good if the drop rate is fairly high.

That's just one old retro series that, while somewhat being cult classic status(not in high popularity territory, but more like in the "It was actually kind of fun but awkward" like Sonic R is.), would make some quick and cheap sales. I only say 20 dollars since remaking it and fixing up the issues plus buying it would cost some money, just very little since it's a Nintendo system game.

I'm disappointed we haven't seen any F-Zero games beyond VC only. I mean, just a remake of any of them would be fine. Or a GBA collection on the 3DS worldwide. Quick cash grab, let's F-Zero Climax show up, etc. If they don't come off popular, fair enough. If they do, maybe the series could be revived. But everybody wins anyway.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
procrastination is a very bad thing to do nintendo

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
The thing with Fzero people do know how bad it sells right that's y they will not make another one the one on GC sold only like a qtr of a million. Nintendo are a company if a franchise does not sell they don't make it.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
F-Zero could turn a mix between, Need for Speed, Burnout, Twisted Metal with a little bit of Star Wars Episode I: Racer (one of the best racing games I have ever played) would be glorious and different enough to target other audience than Mario Kart.

.n_n.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Another issue F-Zero has is that barely any of the games added new innovation. We got a more robust story mode a bit later, and the boost mechanics slightly changed.(cast from hit points VS an item) It only adds more characters, but almost no new mechanics. It's worse than even Street Fighter, who is somewhat famous for barely changing it up among installments, often remaking the same game over and over and over...

It's stagnant. The characters and fun storylines for them are great, but the gameplay is highly important too.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I never played the F-Zero games, so I really can't support whether or not it should be revived. It seems to be a seriously popular game, so that's one reason to support it I guess. Not a big guy on racing. :v

One game that I think should be revived is Alex Kidd (He's SEGA, I know). I'd buy a graphically improved Alex Kidd EC in a heartbeat. ^.^

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So....

Some real life friends are trolling me quite a bit.

It was funny as first, but it's gotten to the point where I can't even tell when they're being serious.

What do?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's gone past laughing.
Just be honest with them and tell 'em to cut it out. If that doesn't work, you might have to get new friends. Not everybody can really work well together, you know?

...I was going to post an old image I made for you, but laughing is not a choice.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So....

It was funny as first, but it's gotten to the point where I can't even tell when they're being serious.

What do?
Express your feelings to them about it. If they're actually your friends, they'll listen.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Well I would probably say how I felt and if they were jerks about that I would not bother with em' ever again.

Odd first post in this thread, but hey guys. I'll probably frequent this one.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Welcome, Zero Suit Wario.

...Your avatar is misleading. :p

...I do not want a more accurate avatar. D:

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
So....

What do?
VIOLENCE.

And if that doesn't work, then you're simply not using enough of it.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Welcome, Zero Suit Wario.

...Your avatar is misleading. :p

...I do not want a more accurate avatar. D:
Oh believe me, I briefly tried to find an accurate one but the best thing I got was this:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom