• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I may be interpreting what you mean wrong, but I don't see any artifacting in the actual leaked image, unlike the 'evidence image" where there's clear editing next to the top of the staff and all around Palutena, as well as parts of Mario too.

I'm not saying that you don't have evidence, I'm just saying the "evidence" isn't entirely accurate since there is clear signs of editing.

Whatever, you think it's fake and I think it's real. Clearly Palutena is a huge tease right now and hopefully we can see if the leak is real or not with hard proof.
You don't see it because you aren't supposed to. The image is fuzzed to reduce the obvious signs of distortion so that it can be marketed as a "legitimate leak". They are still there, however. It's made especially obvious when the two images are compared directly.

Just like with the Chrom "leak". The original, fuzzed image seemed pretty damn authentic. It was when the "leaker" confessed and posted the original, clear image he shopped into his television that it was made obvious that it was edited with clear photoshop distortion.

EDIT: And this is completely ignoring the discrepancy on the staff's thickness that the new image lacks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

Even though I used to support Ridley, this is just too hilarious. XD
If by "hilarious," you mean "stupid," then yes.

Only one(two if I'm being generous) things in that video 'deconfirm' Ridley. The DoA footage means nothing, and Shokio conveniently 'forgot' to include the rest of the NP quote where Sakurai said he could make Ridley work if he put the effort into it.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
I just went over the thread that had the leaks for Brawl and there were a number of leaks that were actually correct. Not every leak had everything in the game. Most leaks that were true had limited information. Not until the 35 roster showed up was there a completely factual roster leak. Like I said there were a couple of correct leaks beforehand but all of those leaks only had bits and pieces of info.

This leads me to believe that we've probably had a number of legitimate leaks by now and we should expect quite a few more before the 3DS version comes out. I will say this -- any leak with a dream roster is probably fake. Don't let your wishlist color your opinion on these leaks. I know I did back when the Brawl leaks were coming out. Reading over my posts I didn't believe any of the fake leaks which is good -- Luckily I believed all the leaks that were true ... except the 35 roster leak! My reasoning for doubting it back then were personal. I didn't believe it because I wasn't interested in those characters. It's quite ironic because of the characters I listed as being uninteresting I actually play with them now! So I'd warn you guys not to let your prejudices blind you from a potentially real roster. At the end of the day you're probably going to identify with the character's play style more than the character themselves. Meaning don't doubt something because you don't like the character. You never know who you'll end up maining because the way they play may personally connect with you.

With that said I'm still incredibly cautious about the sal leak and the palutena leak. I still think the sal leak is likely but I'm open to doubt. The palutena leak could certainly be fake ... I just don't know. Could be real as well.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well Smashers, I'm finaly off on vacation. Try not to let the place dissolve into maddness because of my absence.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
As much as I hate interrupting the various slap fights that are currently going on, the Wonderful 101 is on sale at Toys R Us this weekend for 12 bucks if you haven't gotten it yet. Just putting that out there if you haven't played it yet.

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
I just went over the thread that had the leaks for Brawl and there were a number of leaks that were actually correct. Not every leak had everything in the game. Most leaks that were true had limited information. Not until the 35 roster showed up was there a completely factual roster leak. Like I said there were a couple of correct leaks beforehand but all of those leaks only had bits and pieces of info.

This leads me to believe that we've probably had a number of legitimate leaks by now and we should expect quite a few more before the 3DS version comes out. I will say this -- any leak with a dream roster is probably fake. Don't let your wishlist color your opinion on these leaks. I know I did back when the Brawl leaks were coming out. Reading over my posts I didn't believe any of the fake leaks which is good -- Luckily I believed all the leaks that were true ... except the 35 roster leak! My reasoning for doubting it back then were personal. I didn't believe it because I wasn't interested in those characters. It's quite ironic because of the characters I listed as being uninteresting I actually play with them now! So I'd warn you guys not to let your prejudices blind you from a potentially real roster. At the end of the day you're probably going to identify with the character's play style more than the character themselves. Meaning don't doubt something because you don't like the character. You never know who you'll end up maining because the way they play may personally connect with you.

With that said I'm still incredibly cautious about the sal leak and the palutena leak. I still think the sal leak is likely but I'm open to doubt. The palutena leak could certainly be fake ... I just don't know. Could be real as well.
I like where you're head's at, and this makes a lot of sense. I started out in Brawl playing Toon Link exclusively. I moved around to a ton of different characters and finally settled on the ones in my sig. I've never cared enough to play Earthbound, but Ness is my boy!

Variety in characters is what's important at the end of the day. In regards to the Palutena leak and Sal leak I'm also iffy, but we were all iffy about that 35 character leak in Brawl and look what happened. We should take everything with a grain of salt, but we should also not be quick to discount it.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
It doesn't really matter where the leak falls in terms of real or fake to me.

With the surge of Kid-Icarus related content in Smash 4, as well as the Pseudo-Palutena tease (and possibly other hints too, if there are any), IMO, Palutena's probably in Smash 4 regardless.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It doesn't really matter where the leak falls in terms of real or fake to me.

With the surge of Kid-Icarus related content in Smash 4, as well as the Pseudo-Palutena tease (and possibly other hints too, if there are any), IMO, Palutena's probably in Smash 4 regardless.
Pretty much this. Palutena was a pretty safe bet back in January but, even without the "leak", enough has come out since then that she's practically a lock now.

D

Deleted member

Well for one it doesn't need much of a reason if it's lasted this long. also that guy claiming to have made it, is completely lieing, he did a poor mock up of the pictures.
Not being proven false =/= proven true.

Aside from that, there is no reason to believe the new image is a mock-up and every reason to believe the initial image is edited from that image.
Of course, it would take people to actually pay attention to the evidence that's being presented to them, and not shoo it away because they want it to be real.

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
While we are talking about leaks, biggy ridley, etc.

I want to talk about something no one ever brought up.

Custom stages, you think they will return? Did you like them? Will they be more diverse? Your thoughts would be appreciated

A great idea would be a use of the tablet, and a character limit on the ink, so you can draw the stage you want and then add accessories from the builder like Brawl's, any music from the game as usual.

Last edited:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Pretty much this. Palutena was a pretty safe bet back in January but, even without the "leak", enough has come out since then that she's practically a lock now.
That awkward moment when every character in Kid Icarus is playable except Palutena

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Aside from that, there is no reason to believe the new image is a mock-up and every reason to believe the initial image is edited from that image.
Of course, it would take people to actually pay attention to the evidence that's being presented to them, and not shoo it away because they want it to be real.
Hm, that's a fair point.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Why should we believe the old image is edited from the new image. I don't get how that's a drawable conclusion.

And before any accusations of me ignoring evidence because I want it to be real, I honestly don't care whether Palutena is in or not.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Is this what this thread is gonna be like 24/7 from now on? Cause if so, it's now officially even more terrible than it could have ever been before.

Seriously. ¬ ¬

I'm just going to follow what I've said many times before: All leaks are fake and any leaks that have a part of them confirmed true are nothing but lucky guesses.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
This was just shown on the SSB official FB page:

Screen Shot 2014-04-19 at 11.11.39 am.png

'Wireframe Mac is a variation on regular Little Mac. When you choose your fighter, you can pick Wireframe Mac instead of Little Mac, just like you can select between the male or female Wii Fit Trainer.'

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Is this what this thread is gonna be like 24/7 from now on? Cause if so, it's now officially even more terrible than it could have ever been before.

Seriously. ¬ ¬

I'm just going to follow what I've said many times before: All leaks are fake and any leaks that have a part of them confirmed true are nothing but lucky guesses.
Yes! Wave, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Let's do this.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This was just shown on the SSB official FB page:

View attachment 12630

'Wireframe Mac is a variation on regular Little Mac. When you choose your fighter, you can pick Wireframe Mac instead of Little Mac, just like you can select between the male or female Wii Fit Trainer.'
Love the artwork, can't wait for looks at more alternate costumes.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
The greninja leak during X and Y time was real.

Leaks can be real.

These leaks just suck though.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

Seriously. ¬ ¬

I guess ChaosZero was just lucky then.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
The greninja leak during X and Y time was real.

Leaks can be real.

These leaks just suck though.
No, they can't. They really can't. Not the Smash ones, anyway. It's really just dumb.

And I've never once even heard of a "Greninja Leak" back during X and Y coming out. Either there wasn't one and you're BSing, or it's just another lucky guess.

I guess ChaosZero was just lucky then.
If that's supposed to be a username, I've never heard of them and don't care enough to know them.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
The PokeBeach leaks about X and Y turned out right for the most part. Like Espurr and Inkay.

Never heard of a Greninja leak. Unless you're referring to the pic of it shortly before release along with Hawlucha.

-----

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
No, they can't. They really can't. Not the Smash ones, anyway. It's really just dumb.

And I've never once even heard of a "Greninja Leak" back during X and Y coming out. Either there wasn't one and you're BSing, or it's just another lucky guess.

If that's supposed to be a username, I've never heard of them and don't care enough to know them.
The entire pokemon, typings and such were leaked shortly before X/Y came out with screenshots of Greninja, Chesnaught and Braixen being shown.

ChaosZero, PortraitOfRuin and some others also leaked most of Brawl, including the entire roster, as well as items and stages.

So far, Melee and Brawl were entirely leaked around 1-3 months before each game came out. They weren't lucky guesses since there was even videos of Brawl before it came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom