• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I'm not arguing the leak is real, I'm just here to show you that the picture as evidence isn't real.
[collapse=tl;dr]
Funny. People deconfirming the debunking image just because the leak's been around so long, should we go "debunk" the Chrom image too?
The main argument presented is that the battlefield backround is not known and that mario's position is different.
1. Battlefield was posted as early as june, and the developer direct shows the entire area around where the "leak" takes place.
2. Mario's position relative to his arms is actually correct in the debunking image. this is likely because the image is edited in the future before being put out to the public, with Mario's head being one of the edited parts.
3. The photoshop is obviously caused by the person being in the process of making the leak. He took a brawl image, possibly of a synthetic 3ds battlefield background, and edited it before cropping it to the size of a 3ds and moving the image there.

some misc points here, I entirely see what golden is talking about with the staff, the thickness of the staff matches the debunking image, and not the blurry one when you zoom in to her hand.
The bottom of Mario's overall straps match his brawl incarnation. They make a triangular end after the button, while 3ds version of Mario's hug the button at the end of the overalls.
While this is normally a moot point, the case being presented here is that a project M dev made it, which would mean that for assets all he had was brawl Mario, who's model pretty much matches.

but really, people are going to cling onto this leak even after Palutena is revealed and her model is completely different.
[/collapse]

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Wireframe Mac looks weird with black hair... I think he should have green hair like he had in the arcade game.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So. It looks like a new AT for Melee was found. And is for Fox, and I would think Falco as well considering it involves Shines. Called Shine Mines.

http://imgur.com/a/407JT

It's pretty interesting. Might not be super useful. But Fox has yet another tool at his disposal. :laugh:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
So. It looks like a new AT for Melee was found. And is for Fox, and I would think Falco as well considering it involves Shines. Called Shine Mines.

http://imgur.com/a/407JT

It's pretty interesting. Might not be super useful. But Fox has yet another tool at his disposal. :laugh:
Off stage shine mines :O
Mine guarding.
Mine spike.
Oh gosh.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Off stage shine mines :O
Mine guarding.
Mine spike.
Oh gosh.
It only leaves the reflection hitbox, don't worry.

It's too bad if you're a ness main though, i can almost hear the matchup dropping off the map.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
It only leaves the reflection hitbox, don't worry.

It's too bad if you're a ness main though, i can almost hear the matchup dropping off the map.
Ness is already one of the worst Melee characters to begin with. You don't need the shine mine or even a reflector to beat him - just jump into his thunder when he tries to recover. You can do this in all the games but he's still horrifyingly bad in Melee and gets cremated by Fox.

I don't see aerial shine mines being that effective anyway. You're already off-stage; Just finish Ness while you're there. If you're planning ahead, that's a little weird, as he'll just camp the other side of the stage. He can still angle his recovery around the hitbox but if he's offstage he's probably dead anyway.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Ness is already one of the worst Melee characters to begin with. You don't need the shine mine or even a reflector to beat him - just jump into his thunder when he tries to recover. You can do this in all the games but he's still horrifyingly bad in Melee.
Yeah, ness wasn't much to begin with.
Now there's just a really flashy way to stop him from recovering.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Even though I used to support Ridley, this is just too hilarious. XD
Lol, but these are great also:

Also notice how sakurai based Yoshi's return in the direct off of this video:

There fixed the links.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Not going to preorder the 3DS version since I'm getting it digitally and Winter 2014 is not specific enough for me to preorder the Wii U version.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Not going to preorder the 3DS version since I'm getting it digitally and Winter 2014 is not specific enough for me to preorder the Wii U version.
>Digital copy
>For smash brothers
>The game that will more than likely destroy your 3ds
>2014
>Not getting the far superior physical copy

Wario please.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
For Pokemon Y, my main Starter is Chesnaught, although my most notable ones are Aerodactyl(got female first try, also my specific signature Mega. Does help my character is named after a bird) and Doublade. Getting a Dusk Stone is annoyingly hard, so I don't want to evolve my key one. Although I'd love to trade for one just to increase my Dex. Not right now, because of eating, but yeah. I think I have a Misdreavus...

Unlike some games, I have zero plans to have one of each Pokemon in my Boxes.
i prefer delphox chesnaught does look kool but delphox with that psychic and fire man

also anyone see a leak about mk8? (don't know if you guys knew probably did but) i was intrigued about it

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
>Digital copy
>For smash brothers
>The game that will more than likely destroy your 3ds
>2014
>Not getting the far superior physical copy

Wario please.
I've played Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion (a 3DS game that SEVERELY plagiarizes SSB) more than enough (over 70 hours currently) to know what to expect for a Smash Bros. on the 3DS. My 3DS is 3 years old, I keep it in my pocket EVERYDAY, gone through a lot of beatings (spilling soda on it and accidentally dropped it onto a dry yet hard bathtub), and yet it's still in one piece and completely responsive.

I'm going digital for for following reasons:
- I have a STRONG feeling I want to have Smash playable at any moment at any time, carrying and switching cartridges isn't going to help. Plus I'd like to have the 3DS card slot available when I play Smash.
- I know for a fact I don't want to share my copy of Smash 3DS with anyone else (just like I let NO ONE touch my Pokémon games)

Heck, I still want Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion digitally (but extremely unlikely since the US publisher went out of business back in 2012). I'm that commited.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I've played Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion (a 3DS game that SEVERELY plagiarizes SSB) more than enough (over 70 hours currently) to know what to expect for a Smash Bros. on the 3DS. My 3DS is 3 years old, I keep it in my pocket EVERYDAY, gone through a lot of beatings (spilling soda on it and accidentally dropped it onto a dry yet hard bathtub), and yet it's still in one piece and completely responsive.

I'm going digital for for following reasons:
- I have a STRONG feeling I want to have Smash playable at any moment at any time, carrying and switching cartridges isn't going to help. Plus I'd like to have the 3DS card slot available when I play Smash.
- I know for a fact I don't want to share my copy of Smash 3DS with anyone else (just like I let NO ONE touch my Pokémon games)

Heck, I still want Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion digitally (but extremely unlikely since the US publisher went out of business back in 2012). I'm that commited.
i was thinking

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Maybe for the Wii U version but I don't really see me wanting to do so on the 3DS version (especially that you can't simultaneously share save data between both digital & retail copies).
When is nintendo gonna get it in gear for that
To be fair, you could just say no.
You're not obligated to share everything.

Why would you want two of the same game?
Why not have two of the same game? eh eh?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Why would you want two of the same game?
Let's see...

You can team up with another player on Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. This makes some areas notoriously easier since controlling two characters at once with multiple buttons is actually fairly hard. Multitasking like that is not easy.

Pokemon. Trading. Yeah.(never mind cloning) You don't have to get the other version to enjoy all the cool stuff two of the same game offers. Obviously getting the other version is not a bad idea.

Sonic Battle. You can reset the game's data and actually, for whatever reason, your chances of getting some Rares change up a little each time. Why this is is unknown. It could be akin to the Masuda method where your name relates to some cards. What gives credit to this theory is that in the actual game, you input specific words/numbers/letters to unlock 9 Combo Cards. So the game does a name-based unlock method. To note, this is pretty farfetched. Also, you can trade among games, and because of this, it's possible to get 9 of every card(except the starting Emerl cards which are untradeable). You can get one Combo Card per full play through.

Killer Instinct. This allows you to play another person. Game is decent, despite being the weakest of the three, due to technical limitations.(still cool)

Any other handheld multiplayer game, depending if you require two of the same cartridge/UMD(what, PSP still exists. :p).

Almost every Yugioh handheld game. Trading cards. Battling. Multiplayer in general.(except Destiny Board Traveler(GBA). It has more lag in multiplayer than Dark Duel Stories, a GBC game, and that's natural "wait forever" type of lag. Even the computers go hyper slow. It's fun otherwise and had fairly good promo cards)

I'd say we got reasons. Hell, I've owned 4 copies of Sonic Battle myself. 1 of them used to be a friend's. I lost that, he gained it back... somehow. :urg: That said, I own 3, and love it~

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Let's see...

You can team up with another player on Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. This makes some areas notoriously easier since controlling two characters at once with multiple buttons is actually fairly hard. Multitasking like that is not easy.

Pokemon. Trading. Yeah.(never mind cloning) You don't have to get the other version to enjoy all the cool stuff two of the same game offers. Obviously getting the other version is not a bad idea.

Sonic Battle. You can reset the game's data and actually, for whatever reason, your chances of getting some Rares change up a little each time. Why this is is unknown. It could be akin to the Masuda method where your name relates to some cards. What gives credit to this theory is that in the actual game, you input specific words/numbers/letters to unlock 9 Combo Cards. So the game does a name-based unlock method. To note, this is pretty farfetched. Also, you can trade among games, and because of this, it's possible to get 9 of every card(except the starting Emerl cards which are untradeable). You can get one Combo Card per full play through.

Killer Instinct. This allows you to play another person. Game is decent, despite being the weakest of the three, due to technical limitations.(still cool)

Any other handheld multiplayer game, depending if you require two of the same cartridge/UMD(what, PSP still exists. :p).

Almost every Yugioh handheld game. Trading cards. Battling. Multiplayer in general.(except Destiny Board Traveler(GBA). It has more lag in multiplayer than Dark Duel Stories, a GBC game, and that's natural "wait forever" type of lag. Even the computers go hyper slow. It's fun otherwise and had fairly good promo cards)

I'd say we got reasons. Hell, I've owned 4 copies of Sonic Battle myself. 1 of them used to be a friend's. I lost that, he gained it back... somehow. :urg: That said, I own 3, and love it~
4 copies of sonic battle!?

D

Deleted member

I've said this before and I'll say it again, the image that "proves" Palutena fake is fake. Why? There's clear editing in many parts, as well as Mario and Palutena being on entirely different planes, as in Mario is tilted towards the camera which wouldn't make sense.

There's also this post that helps explain it better than I can.
http://smashboards.com/threads/palu...e-the-same-unique-model.352889/#post-16635646

Note the part where the guy who posted this picture "works for Project M." If ANY of the community oriented guys over there made this, I doubt they'd be quiet for this long. The forensics pictures also show leftover artifacting that is visible with the naked eye if you look, which basically proves the picture wrong since that's left-over from editing.

I'm not arguing the leak is real, I'm just here to show you that the picture as evidence isn't real.
This does not explain why the initial image has the same exact distortions as this supposed "fake evidence" around the top part of the staff and the halo (which I recently noticed), as well as why the staff is disproportionate where Palutena is holding it to where she's not while the "fake" image is entirely proportionate.

Here you guys go. Official Wireframe Mac art, straight from the official Super Smash Bros Facebook page!
View attachment 12554
This makes me think it's not an actual costume swap like Wario or WFT with its own set of palettes, but rather just one of Mac's palettes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The palutena leak is definitely real. Anyway this is why you don't go to the battle mansion on X version: (this isn't me in the video)

Last edited:

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
This does not explain why the initial image has the same exact distortions as this supposed "fake evidence" around the top part of the staff and the halo (which I recently noticed), as well as why the staff is disproportionate where Palutena is holding it to where she's not while the "fake" image is entirely proportionate.

This makes me think it's not an actual costume swap like Wario or WFT with its own set of palettes, but rather just one of Mac's palettes.
I may be interpreting what you mean wrong, but I don't see any artifacting in the actual leaked image, unlike the 'evidence image" where there's clear editing next to the top of the staff and all around Palutena, as well as parts of Mario too.

I'm not saying that you don't have evidence, I'm just saying the "evidence" isn't entirely accurate since there is clear signs of editing.

Whatever, you think it's fake and I think it's real. Clearly Palutena is a huge tease right now and hopefully we can see if the leak is real or not with hard proof.

Also, with all the Alternate Costumes smash now has, anyone else think Dr. Mario/Mr. L/Dr. Luigi are possible? Especially Mr. L, I love that costume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom