• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So do Zubat. They're pretty good against the Second Gym in Ruby/Sapphre. Poison/Flying are both great counters to the Fighting Gym. That, and Confuse Ray and Air Cutter aren't bad either. They're even better when evolved. Also, Speed EV's if I remember correctly. Much like Magikarp. Tons of Speed EV's and very little experience means they're easy to max out before leveling up. :awesome:
I can't say that I hate Zubat as much as others. I do like Crobat as a Pokemon as it is. But for some reason I never used one on my team. I ought to change that one day. I'm pretty much going to keep rotating my 6th Pokemon on my team for the heck of it.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I can't say that I hate Zubat as much as others. I do like Crobat as a Pokemon as it is. But for some reason I never used one on my team. I ought to change that one day. I'm pretty much going to keep rotating my 6th Pokemon on my team for the heck of it.
Are there still people that think if you don't use the Pokemon you love most, then you are a sub-human ******?

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Are there still people that think if you don't use the Pokemon you love most, then you are a sub-human ******?
I don't know. I never heard anyone complain about not using their favorites. I tend to use my favorites as it is anyway, so I guess it's no skin off my back. But building a more competitive team isn't a crime either. What do you use for your team?

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Crobat is one of my favourite Pokemon. I use one every time I play through Saphhire and it was one of my best Pokemon in Black 2. Its speed and acrobatics just made me one shot most Pokemon before they could do anything.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
MOTHER SPECULATION PLEASE READ.
I have a theory About Mother atm... The reason why Lucas or Ness havent been revealed. So, back when Ness was to be replaced by Lucas Sakurai KNEW about Mother 3 (A lot of game developers probably wouldn't due to leak issues, but Sakurai is a big mother fan) So far ALL other franchises that have 2 reps have at least one character announced, not to mention the Earthbound re-release came out, and still no Ness. At E3 I'm speculating there to be Mother news, due to Sakurai knowing about mother stuff first hand from what I can see. Otherwise he wouldnt have known about Lucas, it's also taken into note Mother is one of his favorite franchises. If we continue to not see anything Mother related, I'm going to assume there's gonna be a third mother character, and they'll be shown at E3 sometime, this is just a theory, but I'm wagering for a Mother 3 localization on the E-Shop, we are getting GBA games now anyways for Wii U.
Leave comments about what you think!

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I don't know. I tend to use my favorites as it is anyway, so I guess it's no skin off my back. But building a more competitive team isn't a crime either. What do you use for your team?
It's been several years since I last played Pokemon and I don't remember what all my roster had. Probably Kingdra, Garchomp, Gengar and Primeape. Never played competitively. Seems like a grinding timesink just to get into.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
MOTHER SPECULATION PLEASE READ.
I have a theory About Mother atm... The reason why Lucas or Ness havent been revealed. So, back when Ness was to be replaced by Lucas Sakurai KNEW about Mother 3 (A lot of game developers probably wouldn't due to leak issues, but Sakurai is a big mother fan) So far ALL other franchises that have 2 reps have at least one character announced, not to mention the Earthbound re-release came out, and still no Ness. At E3 I'm speculating there to be Mother news, due to Sakurai knowing about mother stuff first hand from what I can see. Otherwise he wouldnt have known about Lucas, it's also taken into note Mother is one of his favorite franchises. If we continue to not see anything Mother related, I'm going to assume there's gonna be a third mother character, and they'll be shown at E3 sometime, this is just a theory, but I'm wagering for a Mother 3 localization on the E-Shop, we are getting GBA games now anyways for Wii U.
Leave comments about what you think!
When Lucas was planned to replace Ness, I think a lot more people knew about Mother 3 than you give credit to. There were magazine scans and IIRC a trailer for it when it was still Earthbound 64.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It's been several years since I last played Pokemon and I don't remember what all my roster had. Probably Kingdra, Garchomp, Gengar and Primeape. Never played competitively. Seems like a grinding timesink just to get into.
I don't really play competitively either. If I do play online, it'd likely be more casual matches. The only thing I can't see myself doing is the whole "IV" training thing. Seems a little too time consuming for my taste. At least EV training is made a hell of a lot easier.

Right now, I'm using Blaziken, Blastoise, Ampharos, Staraptor, Stoutland, with a rotating 6th Pokemon. Probably not the best team, But I'm not a Pokemon pro.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I don't really play competitively either. If I do play online, it'd likely be more casual matches. The only thing I can't see myself doing is the whole "IV" training thing. Seems a little too time consuming for my taste. At least EV training is made a hell of a lot easier.

Right now, I'm using Blaziken, Blastoise, Ampharos, Staraptor, Stoutland, with a rotating 6th Pokemon. Probably not the best team, But I'm not a Pokemon pro.
Right now in Y i'm using Greninja, Salamance, Togekiss, Snorlax and I rotate the last two Pokemon.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482

after the heart breaking

there's a lot more but I'm not going to outline everything yanno
she said I was HOT ;_;
your char has the most smug look on his face

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And yes, I know im late.

I fell asleep. Sue me.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For Pokemon Y, my main Starter is Chesnaught, although my most notable ones are Aerodactyl(got female first try, also my specific signature Mega. Does help my character is named after a bird) and Doublade. Getting a Dusk Stone is annoyingly hard, so I don't want to evolve my key one. Although I'd love to trade for one just to increase my Dex. Not right now, because of eating, but yeah. I think I have a Misdreavus...

Unlike some games, I have zero plans to have one of each Pokemon in my Boxes.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Never played competitively. Seems like a grinding timesink just to get into.
It is, which is why most people serious about competitive battling use PokemonShowdown. Why waste 10-15 hours building a team when you can do it in 5 minutes on Showdown?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It is, which is why most people serious about competitive battling use PokemonShowdown. Why waste 10-15 hours building a team when you can do it in 5 minutes on Showdown?
It's optimal for testing, but doesn't do it for actual official tourneys, respectively.

Also, there's zero moderation available for the program, so you can't report problemsome users. This is a huge deal due to some people out there.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
It's optimal for testing, but doesn't do it for actual official tourneys, respectively.
Of course I mean for battling experience/testing not for official tournaments.

Also, there's zero moderation available for the program, so you can't report problemsome users. This is a huge deal due to some people out there.
I've been battling competitively using Smogon/PS for years and it's never been an issue for me... To each their own I guess.

On an unrelated note that Substitute doll is probably the most realistic graphic in the entire game. It looks like I can literally grab it right out of my computer screen and hug it. o.0

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
That substitute tho.
I like the picture, but do not repress the Quilt with such a meaningless expression as "that x tho."

I'll just wait until science has gone too far and we have gentically engineered Pokemon.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Of course I mean for battling experience/testing not for official tournaments.
Ah, okay. I love the idea too.

I've been battling competitively using Smogon/PS for years and it's never been an issue for me... To each their own I guess.
I mean Showdown only. You can't report others. It hasn't been up that long.

On an unrelated note that Substitute doll is probably the most realistic graphic in the entire game. It looks like I can literally grab it right out of my computer screen and hug it. o.0
It's cute. :3

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I like the picture, but do not repress the Quilt with such a meaningless expression as "that x tho."
I'm sure there was something about not being allowed to post pictures without having some supporting text from the moderators.

Because the picture alone does the talking better than my words.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'll just wait until science has gone too far and we have gentically engineered Pokemon.
The day this happens is the day I'm moving to Mars (Electric rodents, poisonous garbage monsters, ferocious birds, fire breathing dragons, giant sea monsters, malicious ghosts... DAYUM NATURE U SCARY).

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I totally missed this post.

Yes they exist still.

They have a term for that but it's not really appropriate for here.

--------
Pokemon competitive to me is....uninteresting.

Smogon has its tiers but that's too much of a hassle, and the battling style is like a traditional RPG in a sense but it fails too much because of how over centralizing some of the Pokemon are.

Sure I want to use the Pokemon I like, but I don't want to be at a statistical disadvantage because of it.
I'd like it much better if my skill played a bigger factor in the end result like in smash brothers.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
The roster's for Melee and Brawl were leaked, and people said they were fake because one character was in and another one wasn't.

I'm not saying the leak is true. But if it is history repeated again.
Okay, I'll humor you: We already know the rosters to Melee and Brawl, though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really hate bringing this up again, while I wouldn't doubt for the leak to be fake, I'm hesitant to think that this guy made it. While you do make some good points Golden, there are some noticeable quirks in this picture that make it a bit off, and thus this situation could just as easily be a case similar to the Hawlucha leak where people tried to claim they made it so that they could get credit despite it being real.
From what I understand, no one made the claim that they made it like with the Chrom fake; it was claimed that someone else made it.
Not sure how it makes a difference, but I think it does. ....Somehow.

In short, I wouldn't take his word at face value and I'd be wary to use this as evidence to prove it wrong. I understand that we shouldn't be taking a "innocent until proven guilty" stance with a supposed leak, but at the same time we shouldn't be doing the same with someone claiming to have faked it. With rumors, you have to be careful of who's word you take at face value, as either (or both) can be wrong. Too many times has something real been passed off as a fake, and due to that some level of skepticism should be employed no matter what the circumstances are.
Understood. However, after seeing the staff discrepancies and the same distorted areas in both the initial "leak" image and this new clear image, I cannot personally accept it as even potentially real. Whether or not the one that's being claimed to have made it did make it is irrelevant to me; all I care about is that it had been made by someone.

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
The roster's for Melee and Brawl were leaked, and people said they were fake because one character was in and another one wasn't.

I'm not saying the leak is true. But if it is history repeated again.
Except Sal's only information is on newcomers and not the entire roster

We haven't had any legit roster leaks now. We will hopefully, but not right now.

EDIT: @GoldenYuiitusin We proved that image fake in a locked thread about a Palutena leak. Someone posted a link that shows evidence of modifications (You can see it with your own eyes - they left pixels around the right area of the staff + all around Palutena.) As much as you want that dead, it probably won't die until a Project M worker can confirm that's their model, and for them to be quiet for over 2-3 months about this picture suggests that they didn't make that Palutena model.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I wish we could have no roster leaks.

I wish we could be greeted with genuine surprise again.

I would give anything for sakurai to prevent a roster leak from happening and then the game having a 50 character roster consisting of everyone coming back (sans ivysaur, squirtle, and pichu) along with the newcomers revealed and 5 unshown ones which would put the roster at 50.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Wow, what a chump.
We'll see who the chump is when you're being chased by a swarm of Beedrill on your way to school/work.

Real life Pokemon wouldn't be like the cartoons man. >.>

We would all be ****ed.

EDIT: 7,777 messages as of now... NEVER POSTING AGAIN ITS BEEN REAL SMASHBOARDS *disappears into the shadows*

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
We'll see who the chump is when you're being chased by a swarm of Beedrill on your way to school/work.

We would all be ****ed.
Real life Pokemon wouldn't be like the cartoons because our bodies aren't designed to be as resilient as human's bodies are in the Pokemon universe.

Anime has cases of having accurate representation of how much damage a body can take but Pokemon's humans are naturally more resilient than normal. This is even when we aren't taking the comedic damage into the equation.

Ash has taken what would definitely be fatal damage many times over in the anime.

Hell look at my signature. Giovanni survived that.

It's not like they are immortal either.

Besides, Pokemon would not have the same appeal as they do in their world because the change in how they look would make them look monstrous instead of cute or cool.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer

We would all be ****ed.

EDIT: 7,777 messages as of now... NEVER POSTING AGAIN ITS BEEN REAL SMASHBOARDS *disappears into the shadows*
I ate Beedrills for breakfast.

Spread that **** on my toast, yo.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
From what I understand, no one made the claim that they made it like with the Chrom fake; it was claimed that someone else made it.
Not sure how it makes a difference, but I think it does. ....Somehow.
He says it's a friend of their IIRC, so I think it's close enough as it's still getting credit for them.

Understood. However, after seeing the staff discrepancies and the same distorted areas in both the initial "leak" image and this new clear image, I cannot personally accept it as even potentially real. Whether or not the one that's being claimed to have made it did make it is irrelevant to me; all I care about is that it had been made by someone.
That's fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom