• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
EDIT: Pichu doesnt ****ing count.
Right, nominal femininity is moot, as is nominal masculinity.
Of course, I have the feeling that many would disagree with me when I say there is such a thing as real womanhood and real manhood, where they assert instead that true equality is just a numbers game.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
Right, nominal femininity is moot, as is nominal masculinity.
Of course, I have the feeling that many would disagree with me when I say there is such a thing as real womanhood and real manhood, where they assert instead that true equality is just a numbers game.
What the actual ****.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Just out of curiousity...

What are your 5 favorite females in videogames?
And
What are your 5 favorite villians in videogames?

I love asking these kind of questions. < Might be because i'm special.
Females (in no particular order):

1. Lucca (Chrono Trigger)
2. Raine (Tales of Symphonia)
3. Marina (Mischief Makers)
4. Ashley (Wario Ware)
5. Hsien Ko (Darkstalkers)

Villains (in no particular order):

1. Kefka (Final Fantasy VI)
2. Magus (Chrono Trigger)
3. Ridley (Metroid)
4. King Dedede (Kirby)
5. Fawful (Mario and Luigi RPG I and III)

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer

And

A rather difficult question. I don't play nearly as many games as I probably should. :ohwell:

That may be why I'm having a real hard time with Top Female Characters. Names that come to mind are Samus Aran and Kazooie the Breegull, but I don't know how I'd rank them, and I don't have enough candidates towards whom I'm enthused enough to consider in a "Top Five" list. Lacking viable candidates, I therefore can't really make a suitable list (unless I went for half-hearted selections).

On the other hand, Top Antagonists come to me with much greater ease. So I've made a little list-presentation thing with five assorted antagonists that suit my fancy (with all but the #1 pick being mildly tentative). I also added music tracks for your aural enjoyment. 8D

SEHNSUCHT'S TOP(?) FIVE VILLAINS/ANTAGONISTS

#5 - The Five (Shadowman)
[collapse=THE FIVE]
Shadowman is an action-platformer with heavy voodoo motifs. Basically, you have Michael LeRoi, who, due to the machinations of voodoo priestess Mame Nettie, has been made into the Shadowman, able to walk between the worlds of the living and the dead.

The demon Legion is plotting to harness the Dark Souls so as to power an army of undead behemoths, allowing Legion to unleash Armageddon upon the Earth. To this end, he has chosen five serial killers as his mortal disciples, aiding him in his design. The Five consist of:

--Marco Cruz, a lively, energetic party animal with a taste for blood
--Milton Pike, a Vietnam veteran obsessed with war and violence
--Avery Marx, a childlike serial killer who wears night vision goggles as he hunts you in the dark
--Jack the Ripper, the Victorian serial killer of old
--Victor Batrachian, the Lizard King, leader of The Five

They were all imbued with dark powers and supernatural gifts as a result of giving themselves to Legion. They all have distinct personalities and traits, which made them a diverse bunch. Over the course of the game, you have to face them, and they can be deadly if you aren't careful.

Shadowman is one of my favourite platforming games ever. Legion himself isn't all too spectacular or notable (and his Final Boss fight is kind of lackluster), but his lackeys have a lot of zazz to them, and I enjoyed the battles greatly.

"For We Are Many!"

Select Track: Repo Man (Cruz's Theme)
Select Track: Trials Of The Five (Marx's Theme)
[/collapse]

#4 - Kessler (InFamous)
[collapse=KESSLER]
Kessler is the central antagonist of the PS3 game InFamous. In the game, you play as Cole McGrath, a courier in Empire City. One day, he goes off to deliver a curious package, but it detonates, unleashing massive energy. Having been at the epicenter, Cold survives, but gains the ability to absorb, emit, and manipulate electricity.

As the game progresses, you gradually learn more about Kessler, the mysterious leader of the First Sons, both through cutscenes and supplemental audio logs found throughout the game. He's the mastermind behind the game's events, and as the endgame is upon you, Kessler's true origins, goal, and nature are revealed, showing Kessler to be a tragic character. And it helps that the cutscenes in InFamous have a distinct comic-book panel aesthetic, which help to cast Kessler as a stylish comic book villain.

InFamous is an excellent open-world platformer, and Kessler's character was but one of the many things I enjoyed.

Select Track: Kessler Battle (InFamous final boss)
Select Track: Silent Melody (InFamous end credits)
[/collapse]

#3 - Revolver/Liquid Ocelot (Metal Gear Solid)
[collapse=OCELOT]
Ocelot is a recurring antagonist/anti-hero from the Metal Gear Solid series. Soldier, spy, tactician, informant, interrogator; Ocelot has numerous skills, gifted particularly with the revolver (hence his nickname).

Ocelot often opposes Snake (be they Naked or Solid), though his allegiances are frequently murky; he usually serves as a double agent, and is not above double-crossing to achieve his goals (which are never truly clear. It is only in Metal Gear Solid 4, where he assumes the name of Liquid Ocelot, that his true ambitions are made known, revealing the intricate web of loyalties and plots in which he has been complicit for the past several decades.

He has a distinctive Western style to his design, and is ruthless, driven, and very good at what he does. More than once has he baffled character and player alike with the big plays that he makes across the various installments in the series. He particularly shines in MGS4 as the central antagonist, where he is as boss as ever (and serves as the final boss, in what is a most epic and legendary clash).

Select Track: Spy VS Gunslinger (MGS1 boss theme)
Select Track: Snake VS Ocelot (MGS4 final boss suite)
[/collapse]

#2 - Claudia Wolf (Silent Hill 3)
[collapse=CLAUDIA WOLF]
Claudia Wolf is the central antagonist of Silent Hill 3. She is a rogue member of The Order, a cult in the town of Silent Hill that worships a monotheistic deity (simply called God). She is the daughter of Leonard Wolf, and childhood friend of Alessa Gillespie (a central figure in SH lore).

Silent Hill 3 is the direct sequel to Silent Hill 1. As a result of Heather Mason (the protagonist's) ties to Alessa, the Mother of God, The Order has been pursuing Heather and her father Harry (the protagonist of Silent Hill 1). Claudia seeks to use Heather to bring God into the world and usher paradise on Earth. To this end, she seeks to draw Heather to Silent Hill, and orchestrates events to sire hatred and pain within her (for it is this that nourishes the God within her).

Claudia is extremely earnest in her fanaticism, which makes her very dangerous indeed. And she goes to great (and ultimately shocking) ends to try and bring God into the world (though Heather naturally foils her scheme). She has a distinctive visual style and aloof, theatrical personality, and is at once sincere and cruel.

Since I'm a huge fan of Silent Hill, I needed to place one of their antagonists somewhere on this list. There are other Silent Hill antagonists to choose from, but few that truly suit that title. Dahlia Gillespie is certainly an apt choice, though I prefer Claudia over her. God itself is more an abstract entity than an actual character; Pyramid Head, though antagonistic, is not really a villain on account of his nature; and I haven't played Silent Hill 4, so I can't comment on Walter Sullivan.

What's more, Silent Hill 3 may be my favourite SH game. As a result, Claudia is as close to a bona fide Silent Hill antagonist as there can be, other than the inner demons of the protagonists come to life, so she takes the spot at #X.

Select Track: One's Weaker Self
Select Track: Kill God (SH3 Final Boss)[/collapse]

#1 - Ganondorf (The Legend of Zelda)
[collapse=GANONDORF]
The Gerudo King himself. He's powerful, charismatic, diligent, menacing, and rather theatrical. His epic battles in Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess were highlights of their respective games.

Ganondorf is a character made complex by everything that is left unsaid. While we get only small windows of insight into his character, they hint that he is much more layered than a simple power-hungry tyrant. Consider the following points:

--His heritage as a Gerudo, who lead harsh lives in the unforgiving deserts;
--Being treated as the living god-king of the Gerudo by his all-female subjects, due to the one-male-per-century curse;
--Being raised by surrogate mothers Koume and Kotake, whose influence could well have contributed in some part to the man Ganondorf became;
--The air of tragedy that now surrounds him in the wake of Demise's Curse of Eternal Recurrence, meaning that Ganondorf may be inclined or even destined to walk the path of darkness whether he genuinely wants to or not

All of these factors combine to create a deceptively multi-faceted character. Hopefully, his character will be expanded upon in future Zelda titles (because he's hopefully not going anywhere anytime soon). Suffice to say that in the meantime, the Gerudo King remains the undisputed King of my Heart (d'awwwwwww).

Select Track: Ganon's Tower (Ocarina of Time)
Select Track: Ganondorf (Twilight Princess)
[/collapse]

So there you go. :grin:

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Bro those games are ****ing fun. I own the Wii and 360 games and Im looking to import the new 360 one.
If you say so, more power to you. I played all the way through Bikini Samurai Squad. The gameplay was...decentish. Survival mode or whatever was the worst thing ever though. It was hilariously silly though I'll give it that.

Also looking it up I had Misery mixed up with Himiko. Misery's actually not that bad of a character.

Edit: Also I was mostly just being silly. :p

Last edited:

SpeedBoost

Smash Journeyman
I saw this floating around the web. Wondering what you guys think about it. He did not list all of the most common like takamaru, but oh well.

Chances for Characters
Mario Reps (The chance of them adding a another Mario Rep is very unlikely)
-Daisy 5%
-Paper Mario 30%
-Bowser Jr. 25%
-Toad 30%
-Geno 1%

Legend Of Zelda Reps
-Toon Zelda 15%
-Toon Zelda w/ Toon Sheik 10%
-Impa 55%
-Tingle 65%
-Ghirahim 50%

Donkey Kong Reps
-Dixie Kong 70%
-King K. Rool 45%
-Cranky Kong 40%
-Funky Kong 5%

Yoshi Reps (Don't think we will get any)
-Baby Mario 5%
-Baby Mario w/ Yoshi 0%
-Shyguy 5%

Wario Reps (Don't think we will get any)
-Jimmy 5%
-Mona 5%
-Kat & Ana 10%

Pokemon Reps (Any Pokemon Trainer would replace Red)
-Mewtwo 80%
-2nd Gen Trainer 25%
-3rd Gen Trainer 30%
-4th Gen Trainer 5%
-5th Gen Trainer 5%
-6th Gen Trainer 5%
-Zoroark 10%
-Meowth 5%
-Pluse & Minun 10%

Kirby Reps (Don't really need any)
-Knuckle Joe 10%
-Prince Fluff 5%
-Bandana Dee 5%

Kid Icarus Reps
-Palutena 90%
-Medusa 15%
-Magnus 30%
-Hades 15%

Metriod Reps
Ridley 65% (HESSSSS 2 BIGGGGGGGGG)
Dark Samus 10%

Fire Emblem Reps

Chrom 85%
Chrom w/ Lucina 45%
Lucina 55%
Lyn 10%
Roy 10%

Star Fox Reps
Krystal 60%
Leon 5%
Slippy 5%

F-Zero Reps
Black Shadow 10%
Samurai Goroh 15%

EarthBound/Mother Reps
Jeff 10%
Masked Man 15%
Ninten 5%

Misc Reps
Custom Robo 40%
Mii 50%
Pacman 60%
Wonder Red 45%
Issac 40%
Captain Rainbow 30%

Animal Crossing (Don't think will happen)
Tom Nook 15%
Mr. Resetti 15%

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
If you say so, more power to you. I played all the way through Bikini Samurai Squad. The gameplay was...decentish. Survival mode or whatever was the worst thing ever though. It was hilariously silly though I'll give it that.

Also looking it up I had Misery mixed up with Himiko. Misery's actually not that bad of a character.
The Wii game oddly enough is better. The framerate is waayyyy better and more stable even in survival, even with splitscreen co-op. Samurai Squad definitely wasnt as fun but it was decent. The nuts wiimote swinging and overall better performance of the Wii game takes the cake. Plus in the Wii game EVERYone has two weapon styles. Misery's is by far my favorite since it turns into that huge chain-blade.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Yoshi Reps (Don't think we will get any)
-Baby Mario 5%
-Baby Mario w/ Yoshi 0%
-Shyguy 5%
No kamek for Yoshi 0/10.

But seriously kamek is Yoshi's next best character for the series how is he not on there?

EDIT: I looked at the rest of that chart, this guy is absolutely terrible at "predicting"

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

And

A little late, I'll just do villains for now.
  1. Ganondorf has to be my favorite, he's one of the absolute best, in my opinion.
  2. Gruntilda Winkybunion, she'd probably be my favorite if Rare hadn't been bought out by M$...
  3. King K. Rool, though he's been gone for a long while, he'll always hold a place with me.
  4. GLaDOS has to be on this list in some form.
  5. Dr. Nefarious, "Oh Lance, you make me feel like a young boy again." "...Say what?"
Eggman probably would have made the list but It was time for a change of pace!

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Let me reiterate, The Master Key allows to explore certain areas early. It's not that big of a deal, you won't miss anything, the game's open world anyway.

And why don't you want to kill the enemies better? I guarantee you it won't stay that easy.
I know it's open world. However for first time play throughs I dislike doing things such as sequence breaking and getting stuff earlier then intended, I'll save that kind of stuff for later play throughs.

It just feels odd to be one-shotting enemies. xD

Shroob

Sup?
So, considering next week is the end of Japan's fiscal year AND the GBA VC ports, anyone else think a direct is possible?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Kirby Reps (Don't really need any)
-Knuckle Joe 10%
-Prince Fluff 5%
-Bandana Dee 5%
Well, first off, that low? Just because we "don't need any more" doesn't mean we won't get any more. Especially when Kirby is a popular series with only 3 reps. It should at the very least be a 20%

Second, Knuckle Joe over Bandana Dee? Really?

Last edited:

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Well, first off, that low? Just because we "don't need any more" doesn't mean we won't get any more. Especially when Kirby is a popular series with only 3 reps. It should at the very least be a 20%

Second, Knuckle Joe over Bandana Dee? Really?
Well, Knuckle Joe seems to be a more likely candidate overall. What can Bandana Dee do that could make him a better choice?

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Well, Knuckle Joe seems to be a more likely candidate overall. What can Bandana Dee do that could make him a better choice?
1 - Waddle Dee as a normal enemy is more popular and appears more frequently then Knuckle Joe
2 - Bandana Dee uses a spear which could add something new to smash. We already have Little Mac for Knuckle Joe.
3 - Bandana Dee has appeared in multiple games with a larger role then Knuckle Joe. Knuckle Joe's biggest role was most likely in Helper to Hero, but Bandana Dee's biggest role was as a playable character throughout the entirety of Kirby's Return to Dreamland.
4 - Knuckle Joe doesn't have any character to him while Bandana Dee does.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
1 - Waddle Dee as a normal enemy is more popular and appears more frequently then Knuckle Joe
2 - Bandana Dee uses a spear which could add something new to smash. We already have Little Mac for Knuckle Joe.
3 - Bandana Dee has appeared in multiple games with a larger role then Knuckle Joe. Knuckle Joe's biggest role was most likely in Helper to Hero, but Bandana Dee's biggest role was as a playable character throughout the entirety of Kirby's Return to Dreamland.
4 - Knuckle Joe doesn't have any character to him while Bandana Dee does.
I didn't realize until you mentioned Return to Dreamland. I forgot about that.

Velvet Phoenix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonic204
I'm not sure how taboo this is to ask here but what other consoles or platforms do you guys have? Xbox One, PS4, PC?

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Too much ******** about the TMNT trailer on Tumblr.

I think it looks fun.

Which is all you can ask from a cheesy franchise that is about anthropomorphic animals fighting with ninja weapons whose primary enemy is a racial stereotype of samurai in a cheap tin can costume.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
3DSXL, PS3, PS4, PC, and Nintendo Wii here. I also have access to a PS Vita if I ever feel like playing any games on that platform, thanks to my roommate. I've personally owned and played on numerous consoles over the years, including the reaaaaaaaaaal esoteric outliers like the 3DO and the Jaguar. Whenever I get **** squared away with my budget and finances, I'm going to scour my local vintage gaming shop for a working first gen PS2.

Edit: Meh, TMNT. I'm curious, but not curious enough.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm gonna hold off on the Wii U until Smash 4 comes out, but it'll definitely be added to my collection at some point. I can't skip out on a major Nintendo console, handheld or not.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Velvet Phoenix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonic204
Good choices, best platforms to go with this generation are probably 3DS, Wii U, PS4 and PC. I have nothing against the Xbox One, in fact I recently got one and am immensely enjoying it buuut I would never tell one of my friends to go out and buy one. No pun intended. Titanfall is amazing but it's not a system seller I don't think. Well, it sold me on it. But you get what I'm trying to say.

It's not as must-have as Second Son or 3D World.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Eh, it's a pretty forgettable console unless you're a huge Halo or Gears of War fan. :p
That's true. I only have multiplatform stuff on it mostly. Very few exclusives. And even then the only reason I have the multiplatform stuff is because either I was gifted it for the 360 or had no other option than the 360 version.

Velvet Phoenix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonic204
That's true. I only have multiplatform stuff on it mostly. Very few exclusives. And even then the only reason I have the multiplatform stuff is because either I was gifted it for the 360 or had no other option than the 360 version.
For awhile, I only had a 360 and Wii. So I bought all my multiplatform games on the 360. Once I got a PS3, I quickly left my 360 in the dust :p

I did spend hundreds of hours playing Halo 3 though.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Which consoles I have?

Currently in my room are WiiU, 3DS, Xbox 360.
In another country are Wii, DSi, PS2.
Lost are DS lite, PSP
Gonna get later this year are PS Vita,PS4

Velvet Phoenix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonic204
Which consoles I have?

Currently in my room are WiiU, 3DS, Xbox 360.
In another country are Wii, DSi, PS2.
Lost are DS lite, PSP
Gonna get later this year are PS Vita,PS4
Sucks that you lost your DS Lite and PSP, I can't say I ever lost any of mine, I've been pretty lucky. I definitely recommend the PS4 and the Vita is good too if you can nab a large memory card for cheap.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I never lost a game nor a console. I always keep a close eye on my stuff, sometimes to the point of paranoia.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Sucks that you lost your DS Lite and PSP, I can't say I ever lost any of mine, I've been pretty lucky. I definitely recommend the PS4 and the Vita is good too if you can nab a large memory card for cheap.
Well..they aren't really lost.

My DS lite fell down from a high place and then it didn't want to turn on. At the time I couldn't find a place to repair it. So my parents gave it to my 2 year old cousins because why not.

My PSP broke down. We sent it to a man to repair it. My Wii and 360 were also broken down. When I got my Wii back it turned out to not be my Wii. So my father got mad and forced the man under pressure to give my Wii back. After I got my wii back it was already too late. The man got angry at us. Since then I lost my Playstation Portable.

CrimsonVallier

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KipVallier
3DS FC
3866-8291-8606
Question.
Is there as much good games on the PSvita as there is on 3ds?
Not trying to be an ass just seeing if its worth to buy.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Has anyone heard about he people working for Sony going away?

Apperently someone who was working on Uncharted 4 left the studio.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Has anyone heard about he people working for Sony going away?

Apperently someone who was working on Uncharted 4 left the studio.
Yes, the director. Also the story director left a couple of weeks ago.
I hope Uncharted 4 turns out OK, is my favorite new franchise of the last generation with Xenoblade and Portal.

Anyway I keep all my consoles in my room, never lost one.
Sega Master System II, Nintendo 64, Playstation 2, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360, Playstation 3, WiiU and soon Playstation 4.
Also Game Boy Color, Advance, DS, DS Lite, 3DS. They seem even more LOL.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I only lost my SNES (Parents decided to give to my friend before I moved), my Wii ( Sold it at Gamestop for in-store credit towards my Wii U) and my Gameboy (****** stole 2 GBAs and 1 GB SP from me). All I have left is my NES, N64, Gamecube DS, 3DS and Wii U.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well, sorry if everyone was saddened by the pic of the day. For those of you who, after viewing today's pick, loose all hope and faith in goodness and humanity, I feel sorry that you came to that conclusion by the actions of a Japanese man, and all because of a video game.

And today's the last day of my bet, so Skull Kid will be back shortly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom