• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
What are you planning to buy from Oswald? Most of the things he sells you likely won't need until much later in the game.
Though the Blacksmith is different, though I would spend less time buying things from him and more getting his wares in the field.
Rings of Sacrifice. Currently the only ring I have equipped is the one the Black Knight at the burg had. But atm, I need me some of those. I have died a lot. I recently just died before getting to my bloodstain and ended up losing all of my humanity, only 2 but still. So yea. I want those. xD

I can get the toolkits that allow me to forge at Bonfires on the field? That's what I mainly want from him. I already got the Repair Box from the Merchant in Burg.

I don't believe he is. Though if you obtain the Covetous Gold Serpent's Ring and the Symbol of Avarice later on you can come back and try to kill him for his potential drops.
Well if he isn't guarding anything then yea I can just forget about him. Just this game seems like the kind to reward you for taking risks, or punish you if you tackle too big of one, so I figured he would have been guarding something.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Just out of curiousity...

What are your 5 favorite females in videogames?
And
What are your 5 favorite villians in videogames?

I love asking these kind of questions. < Might be because i'm special.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Rings of Sacrifice. Currently the only ring I have equipped is the one the Black Knight at the burg had. But atm, I need me some of those. I have died a lot. I recently just died before getting to my bloodstain and ended up losing all of my humanity, only 2 but still. So yea. I want those. xD
I can get the toolkits that allow me to forge at Bonfires on the field? That's what I mainly want from him. I already got the Repair Box from the Merchant in Burg.
Well if he isn't guarding anything then yea I can just forget about him. Just this game seems like the kind to reward you for taking risks, or punish you if you tackle too big of one, so I figured he would have been guarding something.
What is your current build? If you're struggling to get the Repairbox, you must be pretty early on.

And there are a limited amount of Rings of Sacrifice you can obtain, I wouldn't recommend busting out the souls to get them that early on. Trust me, losing a couple humanities is nothing compared to say, 7 (or 2,000 souls vs 100,000)

mimgrim

Smash Hero

And

Females;

Olivia (FE Awakening)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mirania (The Last Story)>Tiki (FE Awakening)>Lethe (FE PoR/RD>Nephenee (FE PoR/RD)

I have to think on the villains.

What is your current build? If you're struggling to get the Repairbox, you must be pretty early on.

And there are a limited amount of Rings of Sacrifice you can obtain, I wouldn't recommend busting out the souls to get them that early on. Trust me, losing a couple humanities is nothing compared to say, 7 (or 2,000 souls vs 100,000)
I already have the Repaibox.

Well then. I didn't know there was a limited number.

As for my build. I really don't have a build as of yet, I'm still pretty early in the game. However I'm gearing towards a melee-mage type build, trying to at least.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well then. I didn't know there was a limited number.
As for my build. I really don't have a build as of yet, I'm still pretty early in the game. However I'm gearing towards a melee-mage type build, trying to at least.
Yeah, it disappointed me too. Use them sparingly. The best use for them is assurance when reclaiming souls from bosses.
Also, I can't help you with the mage thing, I chose a thief.

Though if you're constantly getting killed, I would recommend drawing out enemies one at a time.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Nice.

I'm gonna say that some of my favorite females are The Boss, Amy Rose, EVA, ....

The villians are Ridley, Robotnik, Chaos, .....

I can't believe I can't come up with 4 more...

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Yeah, it disappointed me too. Use them sparingly. The best use for them is assurance when reclaiming souls from bosses.
Also, I can't help you with the mage thing, I chose a thief.

Though if you're constantly getting killed, I would recommend drawing out enemies one at a time.
I do draw enemies out on at a time. Well, when I can at least.

I chose Wanderer. However given all the customization the game offers in terms of stats you can effectively become anything you want I would think. So right now I'm just kinda wandering in stats until I finally get magic.

Velvet Phoenix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonic204

And

Females? Easy. Samus Aran, Lara Croft, Cortana, Jill Valentine, and Lightning.

Villains... hmm. That's not as easy. I guess Ganondorf, Eggman, Dr. Wily (or Sigma), The Boss (If she counts), and maybe Vergil.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

And
I do also enjoy asking such questions.

Favorite females? All of them. I love the ladies.
Okay, for real this time.

1. Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
2. Rosalina (I dunno)
3. Every female in Fire Emblem Awakening (only gen1's and Lucina though)
4. Midna (Zelda)
5. Amy (Soulcalibur)

As for villains.

1. Albert Wesker (Resident Evil)
2. Ghirahim (fabs)
3. Dr. Eggman
4. Paper Mario villains collectively
5. Nightmare (Soulcalibur)

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Villains.....

1 - Black Knight (FE PoR/RD)
2 - Xemnas (KH)
3 - Sho Minamimoto (TWEWY)
4 - Xehanort (KH)
5 - Myrrah (Gears of War)

Man that was hard.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I do draw enemies out on at a time. Well, when I can at least.

I chose Wanderer. However given all the customization the game offers in terms of stats you can effectively become anything you want I would think. So right now I'm just kinda wandering in stats until I finally get magic.
What was your gift? I chose the Master Key, it allows you to access a lot of areas early, even allowing you to completely skip the Undead Burg. Please don't say it was the Binoculars or Twin Humanities.

Ahhh, I see what you mean. ;)

Let's hope she's in RE7 then, yes?
I honestly am holding out for a reboot or something. There's not much to work with anymore. All the interesting stuff was either vaporized by government missiles or killed in a volcano.

Velvet Phoenix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonic204
What was your gift? I chose the Master Key, it allows you to access a lot of areas early, even allowing you to completely skip the Undead Burg. Please don't say it was the Binoculars or Twin Humanities.

I honestly am holding out for a reboot or something. There's not much to work with anymore. All the interesting stuff was either vaporized by government missiles or killed in a volcano.
Are you guys talking about Dark Souls? Pretty sure you are. Totally agree with Kenith, I hope you chose the Master Key, nothing else matters very much and can be easily obtained during the game.

Yes, I'd enjoy a reboot, as long as we got the same characters. And hopefully they aren't punk-ified like DmC made Dante, and I even really enjoyed that game.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Black Fire Bombs.

I thought about the Master Key. But decided against it. I didn't want to be tempted to skip stuff.

That and the Black Fire Bombs allowed me to ignore the run-away sign for the Asylum boss. xD I can't wield the weapon. But hey, at least I have it. xD

I also messed up and killed the knight at the Asylum that was kinda lying down. It was by accident because it scared the **** out of me when he started talking. xD

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Are you guys talking about Dark Souls? Pretty sure you are. Totally agree with Kenith, I hope you chose the Master Key, nothing else matters very much and can be easily obtained during the game.
It essentially allows you to sequence break. Which is awesome. Getting Havel's Ring early is cool. Difficult, but cool.

Yes, I'd enjoy a reboot, as long as we got the same characters. And hopefully they aren't punk-ified like DmC made Dante, and I even really enjoyed that game.[/quote]

I've actually been thinking about this a lot lately. The most ideal reboot would be a blend of the best elements of every Resident Evil. Resident Evil 1-3's sense of dread, fear, and chilling music. Resident Evil 4's action and inventory setup. Resident Evil 5's character involvement.

It would be similar to Revelations in that it starts out slow and creepy and gets really intense towards the end.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658

And

Ooh, ooh, opinions!

[collapse=Females first]
#1: The Boss. (mgs3) Technically she is a villain as well, but i won't put her on that list for her not actually being evil. She's the best female character i have ever seen in games, with a deep past and a set of ideals that one should hope to achieve. Her death was terribly sad and ****ed with my head as well as my heartstrings.

#2: Lucina. (FE:A) Probably the strongest female character not wearing a white sneaking suit. Despite being from a doomed future, she has nothing but hope and resilience, and basically changes the future with the power of will alone. She's up in this spot mostly due to this and her personality really being fleshed out in the games and dlc. (an obvious advantage awakening units have over other FE chars)

#3 Faith. (Mirror's edge) Not much to say about Faith, besides a miracle she pulled in me playing the game. I constantly forgot who i was playing as was a girl and fully immersed myself in the story. Faith is the first female protagonist that could successfully pull this off for me, so she deserves this spot just for that.

#4 Raiden Cynthia. (Pokemon) This isn't a filler position, i swear!

#5 Rosalina: (Mario galaxy) She'd probably be higher on this list if it wasn't for the complete over saturation i've had with the character since the 18th of December. She's an interesting character with a great background story,not to mention being the first really powerful female character in mario games.
[/collapse]
Phew, that was a bit more thought required then i.... thought
[collapse=Now4villains]
#1 Blue Oak (Pokemon) Who else did you expect really? This smug ****** was always a step ahead of you, and he had an attitude to match. It was wonderfully chilling when you realized that Not only did he get all the badges faster than you, but he beats the game faster than you no matter what. He definitely left an affect on me, as i am now a douche-bag, and for some reason get the name of all my friend's rival characters.

#2 Liquid Ocelot (mgs2,4) This guy was the most tricky ******* in the whole series, and he knew it. Every time you think you had a victory, he would just pull up and basically say, "guess what? It was all a ruse! You've fallen into my trap!". Ocelot knew your every move, and up until the end he was on the winning side for that reason. Not to mention the 2 fights with him in mgs4 are some of the best in the series.

#3 Giygas (Earthbound) Nightmares personified. This guy is pretty much the most terrifying boss i've ever had to face, for multiple reasons. A completely destroyed mind of an almost endless power is something by itself, but when you cannot even begin to fathom the power of his strikes, you know that what you're dealing with is way out of your league.

#4 Ganondorf (Zelda) This guy is also here for sheer tenacity, years and years of deaths over different timelines don't even phase this guy, it took a sword to the brain followed by being turned to stone and buried under the sea to get rid of him (for good?). That's some tryhard **** right there.

#5 Dr. Eggbotnik (sanic the sanichog) This guy is a genius and he's tenacious to boot. Any normal person would've given up, but Eggman always tries for the last word, he has failsafe after failsafe and will always try to defeat sonic in a last ditch effort, even when he knows he's lost. Too bad he can't do ****.
[/collapse]

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
It essentially allows you to sequence break. Which is awesome. Getting Havel's Ring early is cool. Difficult, but cool.
That makes me glad I didn't get it then.

I already feel weird having the Drake's Sword, that tail was just so inviting to shoot at, which is now letting me OHKO many enemies that previously took me like 4 or 5 hits to kill. But eh, I have it now so might as well use it.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
That makes me glad I didn't get it then.

I already feel weird having the Drake's Sword, that tail was just so inviting to shoot at, which is now letting me OHKO many enemies that previously took me like 4 or 5 hits to kill. But eh, I have it now so might as well use it.
Let me reiterate, The Master Key allows to explore certain areas early. It's not that big of a deal, you won't miss anything, the game's open world anyway.

And why don't you want to kill the enemies better? I guarantee you it won't stay that easy.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

And

Eh, I don't like how open these kind of questions are. I really can't narrow it down.

Some/ maybe most/ of these are probably going to be recent ones I've discovered mostly because they're on my mind more currently.

Females:
5. Rosalina [Super Mario Galaxy]
4. Yunita/Rekotah (Can't Choose) [Final Fantasy: 4 Heros of Light ]
3. Viridi [ Kid Icarus: Uprising]
2. Praline à la Mode [Bravely Default]
1. Lip [Panel de Pon]

Villains:
5. Victor & Victoria [Bravely Default]
4. Bowser [Super Mario Bros.]
3. Team Cipher [Pokemon Colosseum]
2. Dr. Eggmam [Sonic the Hedgehog]
1. Viridi/Hades [Kid Icarus: Uprising]

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ooh, ooh, opinions!
#5 Rosalina: (Mario galaxy) She'd probably be higher on this list if it wasn't for the complete over saturation i've had with the character since the 18th of December. She's an interesting character with a great background story,not to mention being the first really powerful female character in mario games.
NO. FREAKING. KIDDING. I knew I wasn't the only one.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

And

Ladies first!
1. Amy Rose (Sonic)
2. Medli (Zelda)
3. Krystal (StarFox)
4. Samus Aran (Metroid)
5. Palutena (Kid Icarus)

Now for the villains
1. Shadow (Sonic)
2. Bowser (Mario)
3. Dr Eggman (Sonic)
4. Ganon (Zelda CDi)
5. Groose (Zelda)

Kamikazek

Smash Lord

And

I love it when people ask these kinds of questions! :3
But Jesus, 5?! That's a lot. Not that it's hard to think of that many, but after the first few stand out favorites it's really hard deciding who deserves the remaining spots.
um....
Females-
1. Raspberyl (Disgaea 3)(Also my favorite game charter in general!)
2.Lin (Advanced Wars Days of Ruin)
3.Vivridi (Kid Icarus Uprising)
umm....umm....
4. Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4)
5.Uhhh, gee, err....Jill I guess(Fire Emblem Path of Radiance, NOT Resident evil)

Villains-
1.Sho Minamimoto(The World Ends With You)
2.N (Pokémon Black and White)
3.Albert Wesker (Resident Evil)
eeeerrrrrrrrrr.....
4.Seraph Lamington (Disgaea 1)
5.Decus (Tales of Symphina, Dawn of a New World)

Gah so many I want to include but can't. Also I feel like I'm forgetting some important ones, especially on the villain side.

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
Favorites?
Evil first.
1. G-dorf
2. Giacomo (Baten Kaitos)
3. Lehran (Fire Emblem)
4. Dark Samus
5. Ridley

Females
1. Zelda
2. Samus
3. Nailah (Fire emblem)
4. Midna
5. Lucina

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Why not Resident Evil?
Because I wanted to clarify that I was talking about the Fire Emblem one and I figured most people would assume "Jill" meant Jill Valentine.
As far as Jill Valentine goes, I have nothing for or against her. She's a perfectly serviceable character but she doesn't interest me at all.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
my favorite mario, as strange as it sounds, is super mario sunshine. Now I have to agree yes this game was rushed at some point but it is impossible to look anything in the level design and feel angry it looks so happy and comfortable that actually reflect perfectly tropical island oh and obviously idk about you but for some reason, hovering with Fludd was SO MUCH FUN maybe it's because of the liberty of movement (I know sm64 has liberty but I didn't like the way you need space in order to run which I found quite annoying).

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Eh, I don't like how open these kind of questions are. I really can't narrow it down.

Some/ maybe most/ of these are probably going to be recent ones I've discovered mostly because they're on my mind more currently.

Females:
5. Rosalina [Super Mario Galaxy]
4. Yunita/Rekotah (Can't Choose) [Final Fantasy: 4 Heros of Light ]
3. Viridi [ Kid Icarus: Uprising]
2. Praline à la Mode [Bravely Default]
1. Lip [Panel de Pon]

Villains:
5. Victor & Victoria [Bravely Default]
4. Bowser [Super Mario Bros.]
3. Team Cipher [Pokemon Colosseum]
2. Dr. Eggmam [Sonic the Hedgehog]
1. Viridi/Hades [Kid Icarus: Uprising]
VILLAINS

Ludwig Von Koopa Bowser
Ghirahim
Team Rocket
Hades
Waluigi

FEMALES

Lucina
Zelda
Samus
Rosalina
Pichu

Bottom is my favourite.

Last edited:

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
Fems: Midna, Lili (Tekken), Rayne (BloodRayne), Rosalina, and Misery (Onechanbara).

Vills: Grunty, Ganondorf, Dracula, Kefka, and Skull Kid/Majora.

That took way longer than it should have.

EDIT: Pichu doesnt ****ing count.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom