• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Miku is a musical artist that is designed to be like an actual person but actually isn't a person but is still a "person" in context of not origniating from Nintendo or gaming itself.

She's a bit of a strange one.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Sakurai said "Third Party characters is a special case".

I'm not sure if Miku fit that statement.
The thing is, she isn't owned by Sega.
The only have the rights to make the games, that's it.

We're talking about a third-party of a third-party.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You guys do know he never said they had to originate in a video game, right? What he did say was "No Manga/Anime characters". Characters that started in there are very much not going to happen.(DBZ Goku won't, but the Goku from Journey to the West and its video game counterpart is possible) Miku is entirely possible.

I don't think likely, since the "special case" bit doesn't seem to affect her. What makes her special among other possible third party choices?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I don't think likely, since the "special case" bit doesn't seem to affect her. What makes her special among other possible third party choices?
She is very popular in Japan from what I hear. I believe she even has a cult following here in the West as well. Not that she's exactly likely. But the fan-base is undoubtedly there.

@KenithTheGatherer Do you know why I only gain 300 souls from using the Hellkite Dragon soul farming method and not 550 souls? As everywhere I look people are gaining 550, Wikidot even says 555, while I'm only gaining 300. I have some things I want to buy from Oswald (Ring of Sacrifice, and a lot of them) and the Blacksmith in Undead Parish (mainly the toolkits so I can upgrade weapons and armor at Bonfires) >_>

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
@KenithTheGatherer Do you know why I only gain 300 souls from using the Hellkite Dragon soul farming method and not 550 souls? As everywhere I look people are gaining 550, Wikidot even says 555, while I'm only gaining 300. I have some things I want to buy from Oswald (Ring of Sacrifice, and a lot of them) and the Blacksmith in Undead Parish (mainly the toolkits so I can upgrade weapons and armor at Bonfires) >_>
You know.
One of these days I have to find out what this is all about.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
You know.
One of these days I have to find out what this is all about.
It's a really great game. It allows for tons of customization. Despite there being starting classes you can pretty much make your character into anything you want when you get further in the game, not that I have gotten that far yet. They game is very hard too. One of the hardest games I ever played. And no hand holding after the Undead Asylum, even there there hand holding was just telling you what the buttons do basically. It's a very unforgiving game. And I love it. I'm definitely going to try and get the other Soul games after I beat this one.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You'll be surprised just how big her following is.
So it's more or less a Sonic case.

She is very popular in Japan from what I hear. I believe she even has a cult following here in the West as well. Not that she's exactly likely. But the fan-base is undoubtedly there.
Works for me.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Lol, now I'm your go to Dark Souls guy.

Well, there's been patches since the wiki was completely written, so perhaps the amount of souls changed, but it's more likely the dragon breath range changed to only hit some of the enemies. You'll notice that the three enemies directly beneath the dragon are spared from it's wrath.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's a really great game. It allows for tons of customization. Despite there being starting classes you can pretty much make your character into anything you want when you get further in the game, not that I have gotten that far yet. They game is very hard too. One of the hardest games I ever played. And no hand holding after the Undead Asylum, even there there hand holding was just telling you what the buttons do basically. It's a very unforgiving game. And I love it. I'm definitely going to try and get the other Soul games after I beat this one.
Interesting.

Though I still have a list of games to get through.
And right now, it's Mega Man.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I feel like March will just be a character-free month.
It's sad.

We better get something good next month.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I think there's still a great chance we'll get a character tomorrow as we haven't went without one otherwise, though I'll admit I have some skepticism myself.

If we don't get one this month, then I'm curious why there's such a drought in that area. We still have at least 6 veterans to use even if he's just doing starters, so it's a bit odd that he wouldn't at least give us one this month and just go by that trend until release.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Lol, now I'm your go to Dark Souls guy.

Well, there's been patches since the wiki was completely written, so perhaps the amount of souls changed, but it's more likely the dragon breath range changed to only hit some of the enemies. You'll notice that the three enemies directly beneath the dragon are spared from it's wrath.
Bah. Still. 300 souls per run isn't too bad. Just going to take longer.

I still need to get to my bloodstain though. It's actually more difficult to take on all those Hollow Soldiers right there when you get into the Undead Parish from the back then it is from the front lol. I died cause I was getting shot in the back by one of the crossbow men while fighting a spear dude. I was butthurt over that cause of how I was doing before that. I took out all 3 mini-bosses, the boar counts as a mini-boss right?, and bosses only to die from a common enemy. >:|

I still have that black knight I need to take down as well, well I WANT to take it down anyway. Hopefully that won't be too hard with the Drake Sword. I really want to kill the Hellkite Dragon as well, but I noticed I was doing much less damage to it when it's tail came off. So I stopped trying.

Safe to say the game has sucked me in lol.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Bah. Still. 300 souls per run isn't too bad. Just going to take longer.

I still need to get to my bloodstain though. It's actually more difficult to take on all those Hollow Soldiers right there when you get into the Undead Parish from the back then it is from the front lol. I died cause I was getting shot in the back by one of the crossbow men while fighting a spear dude. I was butthurt over that cause of how I was doing before that. I took out all 3 mini-bosses, the boar counts as a mini-boss right?, and bosses only to die from a common enemy. >:|

I still have that black knight I need to take down as well, well I WANT to take it down anyway. Hopefully that won't be too hard with the Drake Sword. I really want to kill the Hellkite Dragon as well, but I noticed I was doing much less damage to it when it's tail came off. So I stopped trying.

Safe to say the game has sucked me in lol.
There are better ways to farm souls honestly, albeit a bit more challenging.

Yeah, there are a lot more "cheap" deaths in Dark Souls than in Demon's.
Which Black Knight are you thinking of? The Sword Knight in the Burg or the Greatsword one on the Parish watchtower? If you haven't played the game that far, I wouldn't recommend challenging the Greatsword Black Knight, he is a pain in the ass due to his position.
Also, ever since a patch, the Hellkite Dragon heals gradually at low HP, so if you're not doing about 50 damage per hit (I'm assuming you're using arrows) then he'll never die.

The game does really does suck you in doesn't it?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
You don't think Miku has a chance? I thought it was the general concensus that Miku was a guaranteed character, among the ranks of Shadow the Hedgehog, Shrek, Wreck-It-Ralph, and Goku?
I honestly think she would only start to be looked at if she appears more in video games, especially on Nintendo consoles. Iwata seemed to have a fun time using the Vocaloid software in Daigasso! Band Brothers P during the game's reveal video, so who knows if Nintendo will try to integrate Vocaloid software or Miku in future games.

Getting the rights to Miku would be difficult for Smash though. However she would push console sales not doubt. But I don't think they're that desperate. :laugh:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
There are better ways to farm souls honestly, albeit a bit more challenging.
I need a place for where I am currently. Undead Parish-Upper Undead Burg. Hellkite method seems best. I want to buy items from Oswald and the blacksmith dude.

Yeah, there are a lot more "cheap" deaths in Dark Souls than in Demon's.
Which Black Knight are you thinking of? The Sword Knight in the Burg or the Greatsword one on the Parish watchtower? If you haven't played the game that far, I wouldn't recommend challenging the Greatsword Black Knight, he is a pain in the *** due to his position.
Also, ever since a patch, the Hellkite Dragon heals gradually at low HP, so if you're not doing about 50 damage per hit (I'm assuming you're using arrows) then he'll never die.
I already killed the one in Burg. Fire bombs galore. I'm talking bout the one on the Parish watchtower. I figure since the first one I killed was guarding something good and figured this one is as well.

The game does really does suck you in doesn't it?
I'm playing it more then any of the other games I bought. xD

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I need a place for where I am currently. Undead Parish-Upper Undead Burg. Hellkite method seems best. I want to buy items from Oswald and the blacksmith dude.
What are you planning to buy from Oswald? Most of the things he sells you likely won't need until much later in the game.
Though the Blacksmith is different, though I would spend less time buying things from him and more getting his wares in the field.
I already killed the one in Burg. Fire bombs galore. I'm talking bout the one on the Parish watchtower. I figure since the first one I killed was guarding something good and figured this one is as well.
I don't believe he is. Though if you obtain the Covetous Gold Serpent's Ring and the Symbol of Avarice later on you can come back and try to kill him for his potential drops.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My ukelele comes with a little tuner whistle but the thing doesn't help for crap

I had to use a piano to tune it

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
So Tiffany is moving out of my Animal Crossing town tomorrow. It's really a shame, she was like a mutual friend that everyone shared.

Heck, she got my Jock villager (Curly) to get along with my Lazy villager (Puck), and those personalities apparently really dislike each other!

It's sad to see her go. I'm really gonna miss seeing Tiffany and Eunice or Felicity hang out together and chat. I'm gonna miss that Snooty personality.

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard
Honestly not expecting any major announcements until the next Nintendo Direct, which will hopefully be in the first week of April.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I figured out WHY I was having such a hard time with the tuning whistle

The people that made it put the sticker that says which notes are what on the whistle upside down

So I can still use it, I just have to use the notes across from what it says

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So Tiffany is moving out of my Animal Crossing town tomorrow. It's really a shame, she was like a mutual friend that everyone shared.

Heck, she got my Jock villager (Curly) to get along with my Lazy villager (Puck), and those personalities apparently really dislike each other!

It's sad to see her go. I'm really gonna miss seeing Tiffany and Eunice or Felicity hang out together and chat. I'm gonna miss that Snooty personality.
Speaking of which.
I have to play Animal Crossing again, I've been neglecting my town.
(Oh, and I got Puck as well. What a coincidence!)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So I've decided Super Mario 3D World is the best Mario game and also my favorite for that reason.

It has everything that made the Galaxy series, Super Mario 64, and Super Mario 3D Land so great, and more.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So I've decided Super Mario 3D World is the best Mario game and also my favorite for that reason.

It has everything that made the Galaxy series, Super Mario 64, and Super Mario 3D Land so great, and more.
As much as I love 3d world, I don't know about best.

Though, I would personally like to see the 3d series replace the New series.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
As much as I love 3d world, I don't know about best.

Though, I would personally like to see the 3d series replace the New series.
It's definitely up there with World and 64.
There is no moment of the game I didn't enjoy so far. The creative level design, the full cast of characters, the freaking music, the freaking HD. Awesomeness.

The fact they included my second favorite Mario character, Rosalina, and gave her the extremely OP Star Spin is just ridiculously awesome for me, considering how much I loved Galaxy.

And YES, for gods sakes get rid of the NSMB series. It's become so bland.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
It's definitely up there with World and 64.
There is no moment of the game I didn't enjoy so far. The creative level design, the full cast of characters, the freaking music, the freaking HD. Awesomeness.

The fact they included my second favorite Mario character, Rosalina, and gave her the extremely OP Star Spin is just ridiculously awesome for me, considering how much I loved Galaxy.

And YES, for gods sakes get rid of the NSMB series. It's become so bland.
Ah yes, the music. One of my favorite Mario soundtrack. Personally love it more than Galaxy's.

Rosalina being in the game is indeed awesome. Also love her black cat suit. <3 I wouldn't call her spin jump op considering you lose it when you get a power up, but it certainly is useful.

Also, so far? You haven't beaten it yet?

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard
Super Mario Bros 3 will always be my favorite. But I did enjoy 3D World. I hope the Super Leaf makes an appearance as an item.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ah yes, the music. One of my favorite Mario soundtrack. Personally love it more than Galaxy's.

Rosalina being in the game is indeed awesome. Also love her black cat suit. <3 I wouldn't call her spin jump op considering you lose it when you get a power up, but it certainly is useful.

Also, so far? You haven't beaten it yet?
Well, I just learned I have to beat every level with all characters, so no, I'm not quite done XD.

And Rosalina's spin is lost when you get a power-up indeed, but it also completely trivializes most power-ups.
Walls that would normal require the catsuit to climb, can be reached with a wallkick and a spin.
Flagpoles that normally are too far away can be topped with a long jump+spin.

And yes, 3D World's ost rocks hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom