• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I've only ever lost my Genesis and Wii, Ben they drowned in a hurricane... I lost my PS3 too, if it just outright dying counts.

Currently have a 3DS, Wii U, and PS4 and trying to resist buying another PS3. I've got a lot of old Nintendo consoles in storage though.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Well...
It happens.
Not really. When you find out your favorite character has data on the disk but was cut. Sort of like when i found out that Santa Monica cancelled the Dart Feld DLC (My most wanted first party character for that game) for PSASBR and how his model was leaked online along with images of the stage we'd get and the fact his rival was most likely one of my most wanted third parties. It really annoys me.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Not really. When you find out your favorite character has data on the disk but was cut. Sort of like when i found out that Santa Monica cancelled the Dart Feld DLC (My most wanted first party character for that game) for PSASBR and how his model was leaked online along with images of the stage we'd get and the fact his rival was most likely one of my most wanted third parties. It really annoys me.
Look, I've been there.

I mean heck, look at Brawl.
Look at the fans of Dixie or Mewtwo, who found out they might've been in the roster.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Look, I've been there.

I mean heck, look at Brawl.
Look at the fans of Dixie or Mewtwo, who found out they might've been in the roster.
I miss all 3 cut characters(Mewtwo, Dr. Mario, Roy) among there. I would've loved to see that "Toon Sheik" file finished and what we would've gotten in the end. I miss Pichu too, but he wasn't coming back anyway.

Regardless, I do wonder who won't make it in 4.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I miss all 3 cut characters(Mewtwo, Dr. Mario, Roy) among there. I would've loved to see that "Toon Sheik" file finished and what we would've gotten in the end. I miss Pichu too, but he wasn't coming back anyway.

Well, that depends.
Just how long will it be before we heck the WiiU/3DS?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I've still got my Gamecube on me. The only games I still wanted to get for it one day are The Mega Man X Collection, Metroid Prime 2 and Star Fox Assault. The newest system I do have is a 3DS, I still wanted to get a few more older games for it. Namely Star Fox 3D and Mario and Luigi 4. I do have a few PS2 games too, but the system at my house isn't mine.

I would have liked to see Mewtwo show up again in Brawl. Heck, I could even say the same thing about Dr. Mario too, provided that his moves were the same as Melee, and he was given a new Final Smash. I can't really say I would have cared about Roy anymore since Ike was completely new.

More people are starting to doubt Snake showing up this time. But I'd prefer to wait and see with him. Other than that, the only character that I had considered "expendable" was Toon Link. And he's in, so I don't know who's going to get axed this time.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It took a severely long time before they could even get out any data in Pokemon X/Y as is.

So a pretty long time, I'm guessing. Has any Wii U game been hacked into to gather data from yet?
I don't think so.

The 3DS I'm not sure.
But the only issue I see in terms of hacking is patches.
Is it possible to patch hacking?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I would have liked to see Mewtwo show up again in Brawl. Heck, I could even say the same thing about Dr. Mario too, provided that his moves were the same as Melee, and he was given a new Final Smash. I can't really say I would have cared about Roy anymore since Ike was completely new.
I'd be fine with an updated Dr. Mario, mind you. Maybe a few less clone moves. His B and Forward B fit him perfectly, though. And I don't mind his Down B staying since Mario lost that to FLUDD(I know he had the move somewhere else, but using it is a completely different scenario...).

More people are starting to doubt Snake showing up this time. But I'd prefer to wait and see with him. Other than that, the only character that I had considered "expendable" was Toon Link. And he's in, so I don't know who's going to get axed this time.
Honestly, Ike, Pokemon Trainer, and Lucario were the only three I could've seen being switched out. The Zelda games are generally repped via an adult and child Link. I expected Toon Link or a remake of child Link regardless.

I don't think so.

The 3DS I'm not sure.
But the only issue I see in terms of hacking is patches.
Is it possible to patch hacking?
Unsure. I don't hack things. I just use cheat devices at best. XD

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Man, that sucks. Though the closest I've ever gotten to that feeling is with Megaman X in UMVC3.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Man, that sucks. Though the closest I've ever gotten to that feeling is with Megaman X in UMVC3.
Yeah. The Megaman X thing was a bunch of bull.

I think the only difference is that my most wanted characters in J-Stars can become DLC since there's apparently a few blank slots in the character select screen. (i never noticed till now)

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm also partially happy at the thought of them being DLC later.
And possibly Gohan too. Yeah, I still want that to happen. Also, sucks that Yoh was supposed to be just a support.

Hell, I could have settled with a slightly tweaked Megaman Volnutt they made in TvC. And he's my least favorite of the main Megamen. It would be really cool to see Megaman X be in a fighting game though, kicking people in the face and ****. Not to mention all of the attacks from his games he could use.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I think the only difference is that my most wanted characters in J-Stars can become DLC since there's apparently a few blank slots in the character select screen. (i never noticed till now)
DLC is still hope. Better than the alternate costume outlier salt machine. Even still, better than the character/duo you want so badly not even getting considered.

Hell, I could have settled with a slightly tweaked Megaman Volnutt they made in TvC. And he's my least favorite of the main Megamen. It would be really cool to see Megaman X be in a fighting game though, kicking people in the face and ****. Not to mention all of the attacks from his games he could use.
I would have settled for anything. 4 RE and 4 SF, but 2 MM? At least we got Tron. Then there's Legends 3...

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Oh they considered Dart Feld for PSASBR? That's nice to know. He was the character I wanted to be included the most when the game was announced (and at the time I kind of figured he would be).

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I have this feeling that Sakurai's going to try and bring everyone back from Brawl, but if he runs out of time for some characters, he MAY go for DLC to finish them up and add them back in.

Just an odd feeling I have. After all, this is the first Smash that can use DLC, and Sakurai has gone on record saying he liked all of Brawl's roster.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
DLC is still hope. Better than the alternate costume outlier salt machine. Even still, better than the character/duo you want so badly not even getting considered.
I'd probably go full circle if i found out Dio was a costume troll.
And possibly Gohan too. Yeah, I still want that to happen. Also, sucks that Yoh was supposed to be just a support.
Yeah. But it makes sense sadly. Shamen King isn't popular anymore. Even as an old series. :(

Oh they considered Dart Feld for PSASBR? That's nice to know. He was the character I wanted to be included the most when the game was announced (and at the time I kind of figured he would be).
Dart Feld, Abe from Oddworld, and a Gravity Rush/Journey stage. That was almost a thing before Santa Monica decided to screw over the PSASBR fans. (There's LITERALLY one guy working on PSASBR right now. I'm not kidding)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Dart Feld, Abe from Oddworld, and a Gravity Rush/Journey stage. That was almost a thing before Santa Monica decided to screw over the PSASBR fans. (There's LITERALLY one guy working on PSASBR right now. I'm not kidding)
Wait, I thought Sony cut PSABR's DLC.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I would have settled for anything. 4 RE and 4 SF, but 2 MM? At least we got Tron. Then there's Legends 3...
Eh, never cared much for Tron Bonne. I don't hate her or anything either. But I really want a Megaman/Zero tag team going on. That would have been hype incarnate. And then there was the Marvel side of the roster. Which was really good. But it was missing two characters. Venom and Green Goblin, it didn't make much sense for them not to be in it, when every other major Marvel character pretty much was. The game really needed some more Spider-Man related stuff in it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
They did. The ONE guy is making patches.
Wow. Just one guy. Man that has to suck for him. I really don't know why they just completely gave up on the game, it had a lot of potential.

Also did someone mention hacking the 3DS? It might be harder to do, but it'll get done one day. I'd like to see some fan made tracks for Mario Kart 7 honestly. As for Pokemon, expect some more shiny 31 IV Mew's with Adaptability. While I'm just here, hoping someone wants to trade so I can get Blazikenite.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Also did someone mention hacking the 3DS? It might be harder to do, but it'll get done one day. I'd like to see some fan made tracks for Mario Kart 7 honestly. As for Pokemon, expect some more shiny 31 IV Mew's with Adaptability. While I'm just here, hoping someone wants to trade so I can get Blazikenite.
Cloning has already became popular. Though It's no issue for me, my competitive team is complete for the season. And I have Blazikenite :demon: though I don't use it.

Eh, never cared much for Tron Bonne. I don't hate her or anything either. But I really want a Megaman/Zero tag team going on. That would have been hype incarnate. And then there was the Marvel side of the roster. Which was really good. But it was missing two characters. Venom and Green Goblin, it didn't make much sense for them not to be in it, when every other major Marvel character pretty much was. The game really needed some more Spider-Man related stuff in it.
Ehh, still more realistic than Prometheus and Pandora from Megaman ZX! :laugh:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Don't know.

Because Santa Monica only cares if the game has God of War in the title.
That's one thing I've heard.
Isn't Kratos and Zeus considered "broken"?

Also did someone mention hacking the 3DS? It might be harder to do, but it'll get done one day. I'd like to see some fan made tracks for Mario Kart 7 honestly.
Honestly.
I'd buy Mario Kart 7, new mind you, just to make tracks.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Cloning has already became popular. Though It's no issue for me, my competitive team is complete for the season. And I have Blazikenite :demon: though I don't use it.

Ehh, still more realistic than Prometheus and Pandora from Megaman ZX! :laugh:
Yeah, cloning has gotten bigger this time around. Since there's no Action Replay that can get any pokemon you want with codes. I think the only thing that's out now is a "Save Modifier".

Also, if you want to give the Blazikenite away, do you want anything to trade for it? I've got a few legendary Pokemon I can do without. :I It's just that I can't find many trades that'll give me something worthwhile in return.

That's one thing I've heard.
Isn't Kratos and Zeus considered "broken"?

Honestly.
I'd buy Mario Kart 7, new mind you, just to make tracks.
It's pretty fun to play. Much more than Mario Kart Wii in my mind. But being able to make tracks of our own would be freaking sick. I hope they add that as a feature someday.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'm not sure how taboo this is to ask here but what other consoles or platforms do you guys have? Xbox One, PS4, PC?
360, PS2, PS3, 3DS, and Wii.

I also have a Gamecube, Xbox, and N64 tucked away.

I use to own a NES, SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy SP, Gameboy Advance, DS Lite, DSI, and PS1.

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Yeah, cloning has gotten bigger this time around. Since there's no Action Replay that can get any pokemon you want with codes. I think the only thing that's out now is a "Save Modifier".
About that... they've worked around it and there's actually a sort of one.
Also, if you want to give the Blazikenite away, do you want anything to trade for it? I've got a few legendary Pokemon I can do without. :I It's just that I can't find many trades that'll give me something worthwhile in return.
Perhaps. I have little use of it.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
If we have a direct this upcoming week, and we get a new character,,,, man, I will lose SO much hype for this game if we've been waiting this whole time and it's Mii. I don't even really mind the character, but it would be such a let down after the a month with no character updates.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
If we have a direct this upcoming week, and we get a new character,,,, man, I will lose SO much hype for this game if we've been waiting this whole time and it's Mii. I don't even really mind the character, but it would be such a let down after the a month with no character updates.
On that note, I've noticed a strong loss of hype, especially in Miiverse.
Half the comments are just rage over no characters.
A lot of people are losing hype because the characters are the biggest hype product of Smash. As a result, Sakurai may need to step his act up and give us a big reveal or else he's losing potential consumers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom