• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
About that... they've worked around it and there's actually a sort of one.

Perhaps. I have little use of it.
They made a work around? Well, then I stand corrected. As for the trade, I've got some shiny Pokemon too, for trade. But I figured that the Legendary Pokemon would be a better deal.

If we have a direct this upcoming week, and we get a new character,,,, man, I will lose SO much hype for this game if we've been waiting this whole time and it's Mii. I don't even really mind the character, but it would be such a let down after the a month with no character updates.
I had completely forgotten about those things. Eh, I would kind of suck if they showed up. But it wouldn't completely kill my hype. Though people are getting worked up for the lack characters. So nearly anyone being confirmed would calm some nerves.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
On that note, I've noticed a strong loss of hype, especially in Miiverse.
Half the comments are just rage over no characters.
A lot of people are losing hype because the characters are the biggest hype product of Smash. As a result, Sakurai may need to step his act up and give us a big reveal or else he's losing potential consumers.
I think this is exactly what will happen the longest drought was ended by Rosalina and the drought was because of the direct so I think that because of the drought, the character that will be revealed in the next direct (which is likely to be next week) is very likely going to be either a newcomer that people wants (ridley, king k roll or even mewtwo) or a quite supposed but unexpected (Rosalina tbh had doubt and was kind of a surprise)

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
They made a work around? Well, then I stand corrected. As for the trade, I've got some shiny Pokemon too, for trade. But I figured that the Legendary Pokemon would be a better deal.
Shinies are a much better deal when I've nearly completed the Pokedex. :grin:

But yeah, I stopped going online because it just went to hacker hell. Nintendo may be cleaning it up right now, but I'm still going to play Showdown until it's fixed up.
Santa Monica.
That's their answer to everything, as far as I remember.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Shinies are a much better deal when I've nearly completed the Pokedex. :grin:

But yeah, I stopped going online because it just went to hacker hell. Nintendo may be cleaning it up right now, but I'm still going to play Showdown until it's fixed up.

That's their answer to everything, as far as I remember.
You want anything in particular? I've got Charmander, Treeko, and Torchic, from hatching. Hoppip and Mareep from White Forest. I also have an Arcanine and Dragonair. Can't remember if I traded Lavitar though.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
You want anything in particular? I've got Charmander, Treeko, and Torchic, from hatching. Hoppip and Mareep from White Forest. I also have an Arcanine and Dragonair. Can't remember if I traded Lavitar though.
Hmm... what are the natures? Specifically, the Charmander, Treecko and Mareep.
I'm always looking for new Pokemon.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hmm... what are the natures? Specifically, the Charmander, Treecko and Mareep.
I'm always looking for new Pokemon.
I don't think they are that great. Treeko is Impish rather than Adamant. Mareep is Adamant. Charmander is Mild, which is ok since he's already frail. Lavitar is Modest. Not too sure if any of those are spectacular.

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I don't think they are that great. Treeko is Impish rather than Adamant. Mareep is Adamant. Charmander is Mild, which is ok since he's already frail. Lavitar is Modest. Not too sure if any of those are spectacular.
That Charmander has a great Nature already. Let me load up my DS and finally start cracking on Friend codes.
EDIT: And it is done!

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I keep having these dreams about Snake being in SSB4.

And these nightmares of him not being in SSB4.

Does anyone else have these kind of sleepy experiences?

mimgrim

Smash Hero

If I do have dreams. I almost never remember them. It is very rare for me to remember a dream. I use to remember them more often when I was younger though, and holy crap were they weird. xD

But yea. nowadays I never remember dreams, if I'm actually dreaming that is.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Does dreams of Sakurai talking like a street thug when explaining new characters count? If not, then no. I can't say that I've had dreams like that.

If I do have dreams. I almost never remember them. It is very rare for me to remember a dream. I use to remember them more often when I was younger though, and holy crap were they weird. xD

But yea. nowadays I never remember dreams, if I'm actually dreaming that is.
I tend to remember some dreams not all of them though. Normally the only dreams I remember are the funny ones and the ones I can manipulate.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Sakurai sure likes travelling stages. Something tells me we're not getting a character reveal this month (I losing a **** ton of faith for March 31). :(

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Oh shiny pokemon...both the bane of my exsistence and a good past time. I've soft-reset-ted a few times to get shinies, but I haven't also had good experiences. For instance, the time I got shiny Palkia on Platinum. I was so happy, finally after several days I had results. But you know what happened? My Luxray killed it. I was so angry, I wanted to curse and throw my DS against a wall. I couldn't though, because I was visiting my grandmother.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh shiny pokemon...both the bane of my exsistence and a good past time. I've soft-reset-ted a few times to get shinies, but I haven't also had good experiences. For instance, the time I got shiny Palkia on Platinum. I was so happy, finally after several days I had results. But you know what happened? My Luxray killed it. I was so angry, I wanted to curse and throw my DS against a wall. I couldn't though, because I was visiting my grandmother.
I couple times I had gotten lucky, no doubt about that. Other times, I did use some of the popular methods of going into shaking grass and eventually getting something to pop up. Most of mine were found by hatching though. Though I do remember trying to soft reset for a shiny Kyurem. I gave up eventually. But what was cool was that I caught him in a Great Ball of all things.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
And now BigAxle has my favorite Persona character as an avatar. :laugh:
Did someone order Megidolaon? I swear, someone did. Ehh, I don't really have a favorite SMT game, though I want to say Persona III, Devil Survivor or Nocturne.
I like Persona's characters, but it's nowhere near as difficult or hard as the mainline.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
My favorite SMT game is easily Nocturne. (SMTIV coming second) Favorite Persona is Persona 2 Eternal Punishment.
The fact that there was a special edition that let you recruit Dante was priceless, honestly.

I switched back to the regular Smashboards and I realized just how many modes they made. Really is good for anything you could ask for.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Was that the one with Dante in it? I never played any of them before. But I do like the DMC series.
It's DMC2 Dante. But ATLUS made that version of Dante awesome. So it's all good. (You can recruit him to your party)
The fact that there was a special edition that let you recruit Dante was priceless, honestly.
Then in the PSP remake we got Raidou Kuzonoha.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It's DMC2 Dante. But ATLUS made that version of Dante awesome. So it's all good. (You can recruit him to your party)

Then in the PSP remake we got Raidou Kuzonoha.
Design wise, DMC2 Dante looked the coolest. It's just that he didn't have much personality in that game. But that's only one problem in DMC2.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Speaking of Dante, remember this guy? :troll:

(PS: He appeared in PlayStation All Stars ... *shot*)

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I am now in the lower portion of the Undead Burg. I've pretty much cleared out the area here before the fog door. Rescued some mage looking dude, didn't get any kind of reward for rescuing him though ungrateful *******, but otherwise has been unexciting. Well except for when I got ambushed by some undeads that were in houses, scared the **** out of me. There is this locked door but I can't open it. All that left is to go through the fog door and see what is waiting for me on the other side, and see how many times I end up dying on the other side. BRING IT ON GAME!!!!

He looks like the guy in Warm Bodies. o_O

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
...oh. You're right.

Still, way too emo for my tastes, ROB. I want to keep my white haired devil hunter.
Ironically, the game flopped for that design, the forced language, and poor gameplay. I can tell that Crapcom will realized where they went wrong and get back to the good old Dante. Hell, I love DMC4 over the likes of DmC: Devil May Cry.

Grinch21X

Smash Apprentice
Sup ******s. Decided to jump back in after years of silence. .

(PS: He appeared in PlayStation All Stars ... *shot*)

Technically thats a different Dante even from the one we eventually got in DmC. This was before they changed him to try to pander to old fans, even though they failed terribly and made him unlikable as ****. Honestly, if you watch the FIRST original teaser trailer for DmC, everything is different from the end product. Dante seemed older and the overall game and theme seemed MUCH darker. I honestly wish theyd stuck to their guns and didnt decide to pander. Might have worked out a lot better.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
A lot of people are losing hype because the characters are the biggest hype product of Smash. As a result, Sakurai may need to step his act up and give us a big reveal or else he's losing potential consumers.
The folks found on the internet tend to be entitled and impatient, so as a result they get ornery if they don't get a daily dosage of revolutionary information. People should be grateful we're learning about anything after several months of filler.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
The folks found on the internet tend to be entitled and impatient, so as a result they get ornery if they don't get a daily dosage of revolutionary information. People should be grateful we're learning about anything after several months of filler.
I agree. I mean, people there think a month with no characters is a dry month. How about all the stages? Or the ATs? People can get a tad ignorant sometimes... :glare:
Though next month will likely be different. We've got a direct coming up!

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I agree. I mean, people there think a month with no characters is a dry month. How about all the stages? Or the ATs? People can get a tad ignorant sometimes... :glare:
Though next month will likely be different. We've got a direct coming up!
To be fair. I've seen quite a few people think like that here as well.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, most Smash followers usually have the memory span of a goldfish. Give them 2 weeks worth of Pics of the Day without a character reveal and Smash loses hype and money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom