• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Capra Demon was the only cheap boss fight, IMO. It was completely unfair, mostly luck-based. If you need advice I can drop some, though. Unless you beat him already?
I have not beaten him yet. He kills me before I can seem to get anything done, like in the first some seconds. If he is actually cheap though, then yea I'll take some advice for him. It's just such a small room. ;-;

Velvet Phoenix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonic204
I have not beaten him yet. He kills me before I can seem to get anything done, like in the first some seconds. If he is actually cheap though, then yea I'll take some advice for him. It's just such a small room. ;-;
It's not you, I'd say he's slaughtered everyone at the very least on their first try. My best advice is to immediately roll away when you first step into the fog, dodging his initial charge. If you get hit by that you're pretty much f***ed. Make sure your weapon is strong enough to kill the dogs in 2 slices at the most or it will be too frustrating. Take them out first, then immediately get yourself on the top of the staircase. He will follow you, slowly. When he's about to reach you, roll off the side and land at the bottom. It shouldn't hurt you. Then he will jump down after you but it'll frazzle him a little so you can get a few hits in. Just rinse and repeat until he's dead and do not be stingy with your Estus.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
It's not you, I'd say he's slaughtered everyone at the very least on their first try. My best advice is to immediately roll away when you first step into the fog, dodging his initial charge. If you get hit by that you're pretty much f***ed. Make sure your weapon is strong enough to kill the dogs in 2 slices at the most or it will be too frustrating. Take them out first, then immediately get yourself on the top of the staircase. He will follow you, slowly. When he's about to reach you, roll off the side and land at the bottom. It shouldn't hurt you. Then he will jump down after you but it'll frazzle him a little so you can get a few hits in. Just rinse and repeat until he's dead and do not be stingy with your Estus.
I'll try and keep that in mind. It's a good thing I can take out the dogs with one slice, Drake Sword.

No, it's better.
No it isn't.

Velvet Phoenix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonic204
I'll try and keep that in mind. It's a good thing I can take out the dogs with one slice, Drake Sword.
You should be fine then if you can take them out and get on the staircase. Just do not get cocky and try to take him on head-on. It's suicide. Even on new game + I had to do the staircase strategy.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I highly doubt they'd reveal a newcomer so soon after Mac. It'd probably be a veteran they wouldn't have any games to correspond with. Like Wario.
Well the distance between Rosalina and Mac was like 50 days, from Mac to today it's like... 40ish? Could certainly happen.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I don't think you're a believer.
YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE!!
Lemme think about it.

Nah.

How did you beat him? I tried climbing the ladders/hopping off the towers but that honestly didn't work well for me. I just took him head on.
Going back and forth to and from the ladder while throwing bombs. This was after I died like 7 times too him. xD

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So what's your favorite game per console you own or have played on?
Tough question... I'll give a crack at it.
Arcade: Pong, yeah...
NES: The Legend of Zelda
SNES: EarthBound
Genesis: Sonic 3K
N64: Banjo-Tooie
PS1: Rayman 2
GameCube: Luigi's Mansion
Dreamcast: Sonic Adventure 2
PS2: Hard call, Jak 3 and R&C: Going Commando for a tie.
Wii: Brawl because there weren't many games I particularly liked.
PS3: I want to say LBP2 because I put so many lost years into that game, but I'm going with Journey because Journey.
360: Nuts & Bolts gets this one by default for being the only 360 game I played.
Wii U: Pikmin 3 (so far)
PS4: Ground Zeroes (so far)

As for handhelds-
Game Boy: Pokemans
GB Colour: Crystalis was the ****.
GB Advance: Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
Nintendo DS: I'm having another Wii situation with this, uh, Mario 64 DS?
3DS: Dark Moon, New Leaf (so far)

Velvet Phoenix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonic204
I've been enjoying it so far.

Though the lack of a pause button is the only thing I miss.

It's that bad?
I'm glad you enjoy it, it's a fantastic game. Just takes a lot of patience and concentration. I highly recommend Demon's Souls, as well. Especially before the servers are inevitably shut down. And I agree, no pause button is pretty nerve-racking but there's enough loopholes that keeps it from being a problem to me.

I always see people complaining about the difficulty in Blighttown but honestly that place was a cinch if you have anti-poison items. You can skip most of it too and go straight to the boss. Anor Londo is just straight up cruel.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'm glad you enjoy it, it's a fantastic game. Just takes a lot of patience and concentration. I highly recommend Demon's Souls, as well. Especially before the servers are inevitably shut down. And I agree, no pause button is pretty nerve-racking but there's enough loopholes that keeps it from being a problem to me.
It's more due to the fact that I get distracted from playing it quite a bit and have to straight up shut it down if I'm in the middle of a fight or something. >_>

I always see people complaining about the difficulty in Blighttown but honestly that place was a cinch if you have anti-poison items. You can skip most of it too and go straight to the boss. Anor Londo is just straight up cruel.
Poison resistant for Blighttown. Got it. xD

...And only now you question my sanity.
What have I been doing wrong?!
What is sanity?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom