• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Now let's just hope Mewtwo becomes the 4th.
Nah. 3 is enough for me. Mewtwo's okay, but overrated.

You sounded pretty serious to me.
Why would I want to get rid of the main Pokemon character? Sure, others, yeah, that makes sense. But you can't rotate out the first. And it's very clear by now Jigglypuff is a mainstay.

Anyway...the only newcomer I see (I don't expect him in SSB4) is Zoroark...due to him being similiar to Lucario.
I just don't see another Pokémon Trainer as other starters aren't iconic enough like the ones from Kanto.
They're absolutely not similar at all. -_- They're both wolf-like, but having nothing in common otherwise. Zoroark fights far more feral, and if anything, would be too similar to Wolf himself at best.

Also, all the Starters are very iconic. More than iconic enough for Smash. Don't let nostalgia cloud this; They're very popular and iconic. People know many of the other ones extremely well. Getting in by itself is not the issue for any Starter. Getting in possibly over the original 3 is a bit harder, though. Well, at least Charizard. Ivysaur doesn't get much love, and Squirtle is hardly the top of the charts.

As for who I want in, purely my opinion. But the iconic part of what I said holds true. The 3 aren't the only important ones overall.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

Why would I want to get rid of the main Pokemon character? Sure, others, yeah, that makes sense. But you can't rotate out the first. And it's very clear by now Jigglypuff is a mainstay.

They're absolutely not similar at all. -_- They're both wolf-like, but having nothing in common otherwise. Zoroark fights far more feral, and if anything, would be too similar to Wolf himself at best.

Also, all the Starters are very iconic. More than iconic enough for Smash. Don't let nostalgia cloud this; They're very popular and iconic. People know many of the other ones extremely well. Getting in by itself is not the issue for any Starter. Getting in possibly over the original 3 is a bit harder, though. Well, at least Charizard. Ivysaur doesn't get much love, and Squirtle is hardly the top of the charts.
With similiarity I meant there role in the games and anime. Both being the first Pokémon revealed of their gen. Both having 1 prevolution. Both having movies of their own'. They aren't legendaries. Popular.

They can't just choose starters from other gens. It wouldn't be fair. As for nostalgia you are talking about...yeah..I haven't played red/blue/yellow. My first Pokémon game was Diamond. And 1st gen is probably my least favorite gen...one of...my least favorite...

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

With similiarity I meant their role in the games and anime. Both being the first Pokémon revealed of their gen. Both having 1 prevolution. Both having movies of their own'. They aren't legendaries. Popular.

They can't just choose starters from other gens. It wouldn't be fair. As for nostalgia you are talking about...yeah..I haven't played red/blue/yellow. My first Pokémon game was Diamond. And 1st gen is probably my least favorite gen...one of...my least favorite...

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
With similiarity I meant there role in the games and anime. Both being the first Pokémon revealed of their gen. Both having 1 prevolution. Both having movies of their own'. They aren't legendaries. Popular.
They are nowhere near the same amount of popularity at all. Zoroark's fanbase went very low quite quickly. Lucairo's was far higher for a very long time, and still is. Zoroark never got far enough to count. Again, not really similar at all. They also didn't really play the same role much either. Yes, they were the first revealed, and canines, but the similarities end there.

No, they can choose starters from other Gens. It'd be perfectly fair. None of them are highly important over the others at all. The only one to show any important at best was the Torchic line and maybe Charizard. Rest are pretty much the same importance overall.

If Sakurai wants to switch 'em out, which I can easily see him doing, he should do so. He might be prevented by GameFreak, but there's way better choice than 4 Gen I characters and only 1 Gen IV character. There's a lot of characters we never had playable and tons of great choices. And whether he does or not, give us entirely unique Trainer costumes anyway. Only have two voices, male and female at best. They never have a voice anyway in the games, so that doesn't matter. I'd just go with Red, Leaf, Gold, Kris, and Diamond for his/her designs, perhaps. Nice and easy to work with. Maybe Emerald too. Leaf is specific to Gen III appearance-wise, hence Emerald being unnecessary.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
They are nowhere near the same amount of popularity at all. Zoroark's fanbase went very low quite quickly. Lucairo's was far higher for a very long time, and still is. Zoroark never got far enough to count. Again, not really similar at all. They also didn't really play the same role much either. Yes, they were the first revealed, and canines, but the similarities end there.

No, they can choose starters from other Gens. It'd be perfectly fair. None of them are highly important over the others at all. The only one to show any important at best was the Torchic line and maybe Charizard. Rest are pretty much the same importance overall.

If Sakurai wants to switch 'em out, which I can easily see him doing, he should do so. He might be prevented by GameFreak, but there's way better choice than 4 Gen I characters and only 1 Gen IV character. There's a lot of characters we never had playable and tons of great choices. And whether he does or not, give us entirely unique Trainer costumes anyway. Only have two voices, male and female at best. They never have a voice anyway in the games, so that doesn't matter. I'd just go with Red, Leaf, Gold, Kris, and Diamond for his/her designs, perhaps. Nice and easy to work with. Maybe Emerald too. Leaf is specific to Gen III appearance-wise, hence Emerald being unnecessary.
That's your opinion...and I respect that...

I have my own opinion.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That's your opinion...and I respect that...

I have my own opinion.
It is not an opinion that Zoroark has far less popularity than Lucario. He waned later on. This is why Mewtwo teamed up with Lucario as dual mascots in a later game. Zoroark was an attempt at repeating Lucario's success, but did not go as well.

All the Starters have been iconic in general and of their Generation, respectively. Highly promoted, highly well known. I mean, there's some who might know nothing of Gen I as well, so it's not like it's as special as you think it is.

These were never opinions, just pointing out that the "1st Gen Starters are the only ones iconic enough to be playable in Smash" is not really true at all. Sakurai can easily recognizes them all, having many show up in some way. Not always as playable, but as is. I think every Starter has already shown up in there anyway so far(up to Gen IV.) If he wants to switch it up, he will unless GameFreak interferes. He doesn't have complete power over all his choices, keep in mind. He has to bend to the other Company's wills here and there. Since he's paying for some characters, he can only request, not necessarily demand. This is also why if we get a 3rd FE character, that isn't Roy back, Chrom is probably going to be in. This may also be part of why we got Rosalina over anyone else in the Mario series. She's heavily used lately. No surprise that Miyamoto would want to push her. Notice how he's never let Waluigi in a platformer. Maybe that could also be why he was an Assist Trophy again. We don't know how much full influence Sakurai has on every choice, but we do know he can't choose 'em all on his own.

As for who would be best playable, that in itself is an actual opinion.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Are there some Naruto readers ?

If so, I should not be the only one to have thought about this vid after reading the latest chapter :

And before asking, yes, I do agree Naruto is not that great anymore nowadays, but I still read the scans by curiosity.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
It is not an opinion that Zoroark has far less popularity than Lucario. He waned later on. This is why Mewtwo teamed up with Lucario as dual mascots in a later game. Zoroark was an attempt at repeating Lucario's succubus, but did not go as well.

All the Starters have been iconic in general and of their Generation, respectively. Highly promoted, highly well known. I mean, there's some who might know nothing of Gen I as well, so it's not like it's as special as you think it is.

These were never opinions, just pointing out that the "1st Gen Starters are the only ones iconic enough to be playable in Smash" is not really true at all. Sakurai can easily recognizes them all, having many show up in some way. Not always as playable, but as is. I think every Starter has already shown up in there anyway so far(up to Gen IV.) If he wants to switch it up, he will unless GameFreak interferes. He doesn't have complete power over all his choices, keep in mind. He has to bend to the other Company's wills here and there. Since he's paying for some characters, he can only request, not necessarily demand. This is also why if we get a 3rd FE character, that isn't Roy back, Chrom is probably going to be in. This may also be part of why we got Rosalina over anyone else in the Mario series. She's heavily used lately. No surprise that Miyamoto would want to push her. Notice how he's never let Waluigi in a platformer. Maybe that could also be why he was an Assist Trophy again. We don't know how much full influence Sakurai has on every choice, but we do know he can't choose 'em all on his own.

As for who would be best playable, that in itself is an actual opinion.
I never said they were equally popular is just said they are both popular Pokémon. Obviously they are promoted. They are starters. They should be promoted just like legendaries. Seeying as starters are important Pokémon.

I didn't bother reading anymore considering i'm lazy.

:tired:

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Thus...it's an opinion.
If you're not going to even bother to read what I said, then don't reply. Because if you did, you might notice your reply doesn't correctly reply to what I've said at all.

I clearly said what was an opinion, and what was a fact. These are in different paragraphs, and clearly cannot be lumped together as an opinion. Because only some of them are. If you honestly are respecting my opinion, I expect you to respect what part is the opinion and acknowledge what part is the fact, not brush me off. So stop brushing me off and show me the same respect I've shown you by acknowledging everything you said completely. Thank you.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
If you're not going to even bother to read what I said, then don't reply. Because if you did, you might notice your reply doesn't correctly reply to what I've said at all.

I clearly said what was an opinion, and what was a fact. These are in different paragraphs, and clearly cannot be lumped together as an opinion. Because only some of them are. If you honestly are respecting my opinion, I expect you to respect what part is the opinion and acknowledge what part is the fact, not brush me off. So stop brushing me off and show me the same respect I've shown you by acknowledging everything you said completely. Thank you.
What?

No...i'm from Rotterdam...people from Rotterdam don't have respect for others.

And I haven't learned good behavior so don't blame me....blame my behavior.

You do know where i'm going with this right?

By the way...if i'm such a pain in the arse. Then why do ya keep responding?

You are an adult...right? Than you know better than this...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What?

So you want to be on my ignore list since you have the inability to act mature enough? I can do that. FYI, I don't give a crap where you're form. Respect is something you show others here because it's part of the rules. There is zero excuses for being a ****.

That was an honest typo. XD To be fair, I have been talking about Succubi lately in a chat room and actually run a Succubus Knight deck. So of course that typo will happen. Also, Zoroark's a furry. :p

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'm sorry mimgrim. Forgive me for scaring you and countless others.
Apology accepted.

This is why I think there should be 2 P Trainers. One male and the other female. The Male one can have gen 1-3 starters, like Totodile, Grovyle, and Charizard. The female gets gens 4-6, like Chimchar, Dewott, and Chesnaught.

Not that it is likely to happen, But it should.

What?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This is why I think there should be 2 P Trainers. One male and the other female. The Male one can have gen 1-3 starters, like Totodile, Grovyle, and Charizard. The female gets gens 4-6, like Chimchar, Dewott, and Chesnaught.

Not that it is likely to happen, But it should.

Clearly male should be the Gens I/II/III. Especially since he has Red's design and the idea are of Ash's Pokemon choices. I also like Totodile and Grovyle too. inb4Grovyle'sShootingBlanks~

Female for the other ones.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I have a question: Why do we need a Pokemon from every generation playable?

I don't think we should be hung up on getting Gen 3 Pokémon or Gen 5 Pokémon, as long as they are Pokémon it should suffice; as it is representing the Pokémon series on a whole.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

I don't think we should be hung up on getting Gen 3 Pokémon or Gen 5 Pokémon, as long as they are Pokémon it should suffice no??
Becuase we need that one Pokemon.
Or else that one guy will never buy Smash...
THINK OF THAT GUY!!

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

I don't think we should be hung up on getting Gen 3 Pokémon or Gen 5 Pokémon, as long as they are Pokémon it should suffice; as it is representing the Pokémon series on a whole.
That's what i'm trying to say all this time.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Because every Generation should be represented properly instead of banking on one total. Gen 1 is severely overrepped with 6 total characters(and 7 if you could Pokemon Trainer literally himself) And 2 outside of it. It's a very bad scale and doesn't show what other Generations have to offer much at all.

There is really no reason for a Pokemon Trainer not to show off more Gens anyway. Charizard should stay, but he can easily show off the other ones with some roster change-up. Likewise, there are enough Pokemon to do roster changes while making unique and new movesets. It's a little too late to go with the idea that "The Pokemon roster can't be changed up at all" anyway.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

To shut the whiners up?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Because every Generation should be represented properly instead of banking on one total. Gen 1 is severely overrepped with 6 total characters(and 7 if you could Pokemon Trainer literally himself) And 2 outside of it. It's a very bad scale and doesn't show what other Generations have to offer much at all.

There is really no reason for a Pokemon Trainer not to show off more Gens anyway. Charizard should stay, but he can easily show off the other ones with some roster change-up. Likewise, there are enough Pokemon to do roster changes while making unique and new movesets. It's a little too late to go with the idea that "The Pokemon roster can't be changed up at all" anyway.
Well, to be fair.
I don't really see the point in changing him.
I mean, let's face it. Most of the iconic Pokemon were in Gen I.
If anything, it deserves the reps it gets.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

All right..i'm gonna tone it down a bit. But you must know about my lack of social skills.

Look...having Pokémon from every gen is like saying..."Let's have a Fire Emblem character from every class" or "Every Zelda game should have it's own character in Smash".

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, to be fair.
I don't really see the point in changing him.
I mean, let's face it. Most of the iconic Pokemon were in Gen I.
If anything, it deserves the reps it gets.
It does not really deserve 6 characters whatsoever. 3, maybe 4. But 6? Nope.

Show the rest some love. It's a very unbalanced roster as it is. We're lucky we even got something other than Gen IV to change it up. If it weren't for the clones in Melee, Gen II would've gotten zero playable representation. Squirtle and Ivysaur can go for two other choices.

The double Trainer idea was the best one as it gave everything fair representation while catering to all players who love various Gens. Which is the best option anyway. Fact of the matter is, Pokemon is not like other series, and each Generation has a wide variety of uniqueness that should be shown off far more properly than it has been. I'm not the only one that was severely annoyed at lacking a true Gen III character in Brawl, never mind I'm not the only one that considered it his/her favorite Gen. It got shafted pretty hard in Brawl, with about the only good thing coming from it being a boss. There's no reason at least 3 of the 6 Generations can't have playable characters in some way. Poke Balls and Bosses are only a tiny slew of representation and just not good enough in the end. I'll gladly take Pichu back if we can't get a Gen III/V/VI character. I don't care if he's a clone, at least half of the Generations should have playable characters, not just almost all a single Generation.

And iconic is a very bad excuse to overrep it entirely. That just ignores fans of other Generations. Gen 1 was a mess entirely, with some really huge gameplay problems. Not even the Gen 1 remakes fixed this, as they were in a way even worse in some areas. Show some real love to everywhere else.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
To shut the whiners up?
Becuase we need that one Pokemon.
Or else that one guy will never buy Smash...
THINK OF THAT GUY!!
With a game like Smash that is utterly impossible. People are already whining, and will continue to whine as characters continued to be revealed. (Myself included if Miis are revealed). But it all matters little, we are still going to get the game; and if a person decides not to based on lack of a character it's their loss.

There is really no reason for a Pokemon Trainer not to show off more Gens anyway. Charizard should stay, but he can easily show off the other ones with some roster change-up. Likewise, there are enough Pokemon to do roster changes while making unique and new movesets. It's a little too late to go with the idea that "The Pokemon roster can't be changed up at all" anyway
Again, why must we break up the Pokémon series into sub-categories of "Generations"?? A Pokémon is a Pokémon. And if one is having an issue with the lack of Pokemon from other generations being represented, isn't that what the Pokeball item is to help remedy??

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Again, why mush we break up the Pokémon series into sub-categories of "Generations". A Pokémon is a Pokémon. And if one is having an issue with the lack of Pokemon from other generations being represented, isn't that what the Pokeball item is to help remedy??
Because that's how Pokemon works. It's all about different Generations. It's even designed heavily that way, the Poke Dexes included. It's a major selling point as is. Gen V is especially about this. You have to beat the regular game in the first two games just to catch any old Gen Pokemon. So yes, it does matter which Gen it is and always has. There's a reason Sakurai rotates out a lot of Pokemon for the latest one, in a small attempt to show it's not all one Generation.

And no, the Poke Ball does not help whatsoever. It's just used as an excuse to not do anything but overrep Gen 1 with playable characters. It's a scapegoat entirely. The only proper way to show them off is to have more Generations properly repped by having a playable character. The only thing the Poke Balls are good for is showing off a single Move(never mind some Pokemon don't even use their own Signature Move of their line anyway, making this even less useful). Almost all Pokemon have a large ton of moves that they can do, meaning Poke Balls don't really do much to show off their capabilities at all. It doesn't do them justice at all. It's actually a pretty weak remedy entirely. Melee and 64 did a good job of showing off each Generation properly via a playable character, but Brawl jumped the gun on Pokemon Trainer, and the Pokemon series started to get pretty poorly repped overall. If he was a Gen III specific character(and not just his costume), this wouldn't be an issue. But now we can properly fix this by having a Pokemon Trainer that spans multiple Gens, much like every Trainer can catch Pokemon from more than one Gen in the games.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It does not really deserve 6 characters whatsoever. 3, maybe 4. But 6? Nope.
Show the rest some love. It's a very unbalanced roster as it is. We're lucky we even got something other than Gen IV to change it up. If it weren't for the clones in Melee, Gen II would've gotten zero playable representation. Squirtle and Ivysaur can go for two other choices.
All right, I have to say this.
I've always hated this "they can go cause I want them to" mentality.
All it just shows is bias to me. Like you don't care about the ones who put time and effort into them. All that matters is that get two newcomers.

The double Trainer idea was the best one as it gave everything fair representation while catering to all players who love various Gens. Which is the best option anyway. Fact of the matter is, Pokemon is not like other series, and each Generation has a wide variety of uniqueness that should be shown off far more properly than it has been.
I'm not the only one that was severely annoyed at lacking a true Gen III character in Brawl, never mind I'm not the only one that considered it his/her favorite Gen. It got shafted pretty hard in Brawl, with about the only good thing coming from it being a boss.
Look, and this is coming from someone who started with Gen III.
I didn't care about which gen the Pokemon were in.
If anything, it's understandable.

Of course we need the big two, Lucario due to gen IV, and Pokemon Trainer for Trainer rep.

There was reason behind the choices, whether or not you accept it is not my choice.

There's no reason at least 3 of the 6 Generations can't have playable characters in some way. Poke Balls and Bosses are only a tiny slew of representation and just not good enough in the end. I'll gladly take Pichu back if we can't get a Gen III/V/VI character. I don't care if he's a clone, at least half of the Generations should have playable characters, not just almost all a single Generation.
But like what Moon Monkey said.
Aren't the reps meant to be Pokemon as a whole?

Isn't this why we have Pokeball Pokemon? To remedy all that?

And iconic is a very bad excuse to overrep it entirely. That just ignores fans of other Generations. Gen 1 was a mess entirely, with some really huge gameplay problems. Not even the Gen 1 remakes fixed this, as they were in a way even worse in some areas.
Sure, but what does that have to do with Smash?
It's the equivalent of cutting ROB because "he was a sucky accessory".

Show some real love to everywhere else.
Sure, but not at the cost of the others.

With a game like Smash that is utterly impossible. People are already whining, and will continue to whine as characters continued to be revealed. (Myself included if Miis are revealed). But it all matters little, we are still going to get the game; and if a person decides not to based on lack of a character it's their loss.
See, this is why I gave up on wanting newcomers.
I'd just be disappointed in the end. So I've decided to not care about who we get and just pick from there...

Again, why mush we break up the Pokémon series into sub-categories of "Generations". And if one is having an issue with the lack of Pokemon from other generations being represented, isn't that what the Pokeball item is to help remedy??
But we need more Pokemon Moon!
Where's our representation Nintendo?!

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Let's try this.
STAGES.

WiiU version:

1. Battlefield (Smash Bros.)
2. Final Destination (Smash Bros.)
3. Mario Galaxy (Galaxy 1 & 2)
4. Bowser's Castle (composite of New Super Mario Bros., Mario 3D World and Mario Kart)
5. Oolong (Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door) [chose this because many characters from other parts of the game could appear here)
6. Donkey Kong Island (Tropical Freeze) [normal beach area which gets freeze after a bit by the vikings)
7. Gangplank Galleon (Diddy's Kong Quest)
8. The Roof (Luigi's Mansion)
9. Diamond City (Game & Wario)
10. 1-1: Make Eggs, Throw Eggs (World 2: Yoshi's Island) [first moving Yoshi's Island stage]
11. Skyloft (Skyward Sword)
12. Desert Palace (A Link To The Past)
13. Dragon Roost Island (Wind Waker HD)
14. Pokémon Stadium 3 (Pokémon, dragon, dark, psychic, fairy)
15. Poké Floats 2 (Pokémon)
16. Pyrosphere (Other M)
17. Elysia (Prime 3: Corruption)
18. Palutena's Temple (generic Kid Icarus stage)
19. Sauria (Adventures / Assault)
20. Flower Fields (Kirby's Epic Yarn)
21. Bionis' Leg (Xenoblade Chronicles)
22. Smashville 2 (City Folk)
23. Wii Fit Training Room (Wii Fit)
24. Garden Of Hope (Pikmin 3)
25. Boxing Ring (Punch-Out!)
26. Wuhu Island (Pilotwings series)
27. From Pain, Awakening (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn ending map)
28. NintendoLand (NintendoLand)
29. Gyromite (R.O.B. stage)
30. Aeropolis (F-Zero GX)
31. Threed (Mother 2)
32. Windy Hill Zone (Sonic Lost World)
33. Dr. Wily's Castle (Mega Man 2)
34. Shadow Moses Island 2 (Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes)
35. Stage 1 (Pac-Man)
36. Delfinia (Mario Sunshine, Brawl remake)
37. Rainbow Cruise (Super Mario 64, Melee remake)
38. Rumble Falls (Jungle Beat, Brawl remake)
39. Great Bay (Majora's Mask, Melee remake)
40. Bridge Of Eldin (Twilight Princess, Brawl remake)
41. Frigate Orpheon (Metroid Prime, Brawl remake)
42. Skyworld (Kid Icarus, Brawl remake)
43. Saffron City (Pokémon Red & Blue, N64 remake)
44. Lylat Cruise (Lylat Wars, Brawl remake)
45. Big Blue (F-Zero GX, Melee remake)
46. Fountain Of Dreams (Kirby's Adventure, Melee remake)
47. Halberd (various Kirby games, Brawl remake)
48. Fourside (Mother 2, Melee remake)
49. Summit (Ice Climber, Brawl remake)
50. Green Hill Zone (various Sonic games, Brawl remake)

3DS version:

1. Battlefield (Smash Bros.)
2. Final Destination (Smash Bros.)
3. Super Mario 3D Land (Mario 3D Land)
4. Rainbow Road (Mario Kart 7)
5. Chocolate Island (Super Mario World)
6. Sunset Shore (Country Returns 3D)
7. Yoshi's New Island (Yoshi's New Island)
8. Wario-Ware 2 (basically a remake of 1 with new games)
9. Secret Mine (Dark Moon)
10. Gerudo Valley (Ocarina Of Time 3D)
11. Spirit Tracks (Spirit Train)
12. Lumiose City (Pokémon X & Y)
13. Cerulean Cave (Pokémon Red & Blue)
14. Pokémon Center (various Pokémon games)
15. Meridia (Super Metroid)
16. Sector Y (Star Fox 64 3D)
17. Fichina (Star Fox Command)
18. Arena Ferox (Fire Emblem Awakening)
19. Reset Bomb Forest (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
20. Pandora's Labyrinth Of Deceit (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
21. Boxing Ring (Punch-Out!)
22. Tortimer Island (New Life)
23. Flat Zone 3 (composite of various Game & Watch)
24. Lollipop Land (Kirby: Triple Deluxe)
25. Lor Starcutter (Kirby's Return To Dreamland)
26. Distant Planet 2 (Pikmin)
27. Fire Field (F-Zero X)
28. Tomodachi Collection (Tomodachi Collection)
29. Nintendogs (Nintendogs)
30. Find Mii (Find Mii)
31. Mountain 1 (Ice Climber)
32. Casino Night Zone (various Sonic games)
33. The End (Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, forest area where you fight The End)
34. Stage 2 (Pac-Man)
35. Sigma Fortress (Mega Man X)
36. Mushroom Kingdom (Super Mario Bros., Melee remake)
37. Kongo Jungle (Donkey Kong Country, Melee remake)
38. Yoshi's Island (Yoshi's Story, N64 remake)
39. Pirate Ship (Wind Waker, Brawl remake)
40. Hyrule Castle (various Zelda games, N64 remake)
41. Brinstar (Super Metroid, Melee remake)
42. Pokémon Stadium 2 (various Pokémon games, Brawl remake)
43. Corneria (various Star Fox games, Melee remake)
44. Mute City (F-Zero GX, Melee remake)
45. Onett (Mother 2, Melee remake)
46. New Pork City (Mother 3, Brawl remake)
47. Dream Land (Kirby's Return to Dreamland, N64 remake)
48. Pictochat (Pictochat, Brawl remake)
49. Castle Siege (generic Fire Emblem stage, Brawl remake)
50. Shadow Moses Island (Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, Brawl remake)

Took me a while. I think it's pretty balanced. The only rule was 50 stages per version, 15 of which are remake. So, 70 new stages and 30 remakes (34 if you count Battlefield and Final Destination). I kept shared stages to a low (just the aforementioned two and Boxing Ring as announced as far), but many of them can share the layout. For example, Bowser's Castle and Rainbow Road, being both in part based on Mario Kart, can essentially be the same stage with different backgrounds. Technically, I think it would be easy to even take two stages from two different franchises like Garden Of Hope and Yoshi's New Island and use the same layout changing the visuals.
Some franchises appear only on the home console version (Xenoblade Chronicles, Wii Fit, NintendoLand, Pilotwings), some only in the handled (Tomodachi Collection, Find Mii, Nintendogs, Ice Climber), as far as new stages go.
I tried obviously to keep portable games' stages on the 3DS and home console's games' stages on WiiU, for example in the Zelda series, but not so strictly.
I think I got a couple of interesting choices there, and I would be incredibly fine with this list. Hoping at least we reach 80ish stages in the end between both versions.

The selection of the stages is based on my wishlist roster:

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I said that in joke.

I really don't care if we get more gen rep. Gen 1 is my fave gen and I'm fine with it being over rep.

I just think it would be nift for P Trainer to have multiple gens because it is, well, P trainer. The idea is to catch them all ain't it? But I still wouldn't mind gen 1 only. It doesn't bother me.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
All right, I have to say this.
I've always hated this "they can go cause I want them to" mentality.
All it just shows is bias to me. Like you don't care about the ones who put time and effort into them. All that matters is that get two newcomers.
Because he totally cared about Pichu and didn't drop him like a sack of potatoes? He doesn't care equally about them anyway, so why should I? I shouldn't have to anyway. I was disappointed in Trainer's existence as well.

Look, and this is coming from someone who started with Gen III.
I didn't care about which gen the Pokemon were in.
If anything, it's understandable.
I don't see anything understandable about underrepping other Gens by the first one. Just laziness and severe unreasonable bias.

Of course we need the big two, Lucario due to gen IV, and Pokemon Trainer for Trainer rep.

There was reason behind the choices, whether or not you accept it is not my choice.
Trainer can show off other Generations with updates, then. That's how real Trainers work anyway. They catch from multiple Gens.

But like what Moon Monkey said.
Aren't the reps meant to be Pokemon as a whole?
Nope. There's a reason why they list the games they come from, and they don't all just say "Pokemon", but which exact ones.

Isn't this why we have Pokeball Pokemon? To remedy all that?
Already explained. It absolutely does not. It's a very poor version at best.

Sure, but what does that have to do with Smash?
It's the equivalent of cutting ROB because "he was a sucky accessory".
That's a ridiculous strawman. That's cutting an entire franchise.

Sure, but not at the cost of the others.
Sure we can. We already have done it before. Characters are going to leave and that's already confirmed. And new ones will come in. As long as Pikachu and Jigglypuff stay, everybody else is up for change outs. Those are the only two that truly matter. Lucario appears to have joined them at best.

All right..i'm gonna tone it down a bit. But you must know about my lack of social skills.

Look...having Pokémon from every gen is like saying..."Let's have a Fire Emblem character from every class" or "Every Zelda game should have it's own character in Smash".
Nope. It's nothing like that at all. Fire Emblem's only issue is not showing off other weapons. The Zelda series has consistent characters with very similar gameplay. Pokemon does not beyond the expies at best. Fact of the matter is, Pokemon does not work the way other franchises do at all. Every Generation is unique and has different characters with unique abilities and unique movesets. These cannot be properly represented by being in a lame Poke Ball. We barely got any decent Gen III rep in Brawl outside of a boss, who only slightly counts since he has 4 moves, much like character have 4 Special Moves(and a Final Smash). If we could play as Rayquaza in some way, there wouldn't really be an issue, but that's not the case. Hacking doesn't count either. There's really no reason at least half of the current Generations can't have a proper playable rep in some way. Since every Generation is unique, and has unique Mons, this is easy to do. There's also enough movies with enough unique Pokemon to do this. For instance, Zoroark(who is nothing like Lucario in how they play) or Gensect as well as perhaps Sylveon can be added to give us a nice diverse set of Pokemon characters as is. Pokemon Trainer just happens to be the fastest way to solve this, by giving him Pokemon change outs, but adding two more Pokemon from something besides Gen I is even better. I honestly would not be bothered if Trainer or Mewtwo didn't come back if it led to a highly diverse roster that showed off multiple Generations.

Also, the funny thing is? Fire Emblem did that too anyway. It never had two of the character from the same Generation. For Mario, he at least had characters who were only really playable in different games. Peach was first playable in Super Mario Bros. 2 USA and Bowser didn't come in till Super Mario RPG. So in a way, it shows a diverse choice of different games. The original for Mario and Luigi(or Mairo would be the first game called Donkey Kong with Super Mario Bros. being Luigi), an American-based game for Peach, and an RPG for Bowser. You could say that for possibly every singe franchise. Showing off multiple games has been heavily done in movesets too, but you can't do that if they're not playable, right? Sakurai shafted Gen III badly in Brawl. And I find that just plain terrible. I know Lucario was a better choice than a Gen III at the time and get that. But that doesn't really change Gen III was underrepped overall when it came to having characters with more than one move Pokemon-wise(a boss is the best we got). When I look at Franchise representation, all that matters to me is playables for repping it properly. I don't care about the other stuff.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
But we need more Pokemon Moon! Where's our representation Nintendo?!
Here we go!

Because that's how Pokemon works.
And there is your problem. Yes, you are correct that is indeed how Pokémon works. However, that isn't how Smash works.
And no, the Poke Ball does not help whatsoever.
That is highly subjective. To you Pokeballs may not cut it, but for Sakurai and his team it could be the deemed the best outlet to do so. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a Pokémon Stadium 3 with stage transitions that had more Pokemon appear from these generations as Stadium 2 did in Brawl.
I said that in joke.

I really don't care if we get more gen rep. Gen 1 is my fave gen and I'm fine with it being over rep.

I just think it would be nift for P Trainer to have multiple gens because it is, well, P trainer. The idea is to catch them all ain't it? But I still wouldn't mind gen 1 only. It doesn't bother me
I knew both of you were joking. But it doesn't make what I said any less true.
Not everything from the games will be represented 1 to 1. Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong as suppose to be able to roll off the edge freely and maintain an extra jump (Kinda like they do in the DKC series and P:M) but they don't do that do they?

The Pokémon Trainer represents some elements from his/her/its series like team/party management and sending out another Pokemon when the other has been defeated, but I never really expected EVERYTHING to carry over. We don't see Olimar hauling Samus' suit pieces to a ship near buy to pay off a debt, or see Yoshi carrying 5+ eggs around with him, we don't see rings fly out of Sonic when he's hit (needs to happen for coin mode). Not everything will be represented 100% in Smash.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Because he totally cared about Pichu and didn't drop him like a sack of potatoes? He doesn't care equally about them anyway, so why should I? I shouldn't have to anyway. I was disappointed in Trainer's existence as well.

I don't see anything understandable about underrepping other Gens by the first one. Just laziness and severe unreasonable bias.

Trainer can show off other Generations with updates, then. That's how real Trainers work anyway. They catch from multiple Gens.

Nope. There's a reason why they list the games they come from, and they don't all just say "Pokemon", but which exact ones.

Sure we can. We already have done it before. Characters are going to leave and that's already confirmed. And new ones will come in. As long as Pikachu and Jigglypuff stay, everybody else is up for change outs. Those are the only two that truly matter. Lucario appears to have joined them at best.

Nope. It's nothing like that at all. Fire Emblem's only issue is not showing off other weapons. The Zelda series has consistent characters with very similar gameplay. Pokemon does not beyond the expies at best. Fact of the matter is, Pokemon does not work the way other franchises do at all. Every Generation is unique and has different characters with unique abilities and unique movesets. These cannot be properly represented by being in a lame Poke Ball. We barely got any decent Gen III rep in Brawl outside of a boss, who only slightly counts since he has 4 moves, much like character have 4 Special Moves(and a Final Smash). If we could play as Rayquaza in some way, there wouldn't really be an issue, but that's not the case. Hacking doesn't count either. There's really no reason at least half of the current Generations can't have a proper playable rep in some way. Since every Generation is unique, and has unique Mons, this is easy to do. There's also enough movies with enough unique Pokemon to do this. For instance, Zoroark(who is nothing like Lucario in how they play) or Gensect as well as perhaps Sylveon can be added to give us a nice diverse set of Pokemon characters as is. Pokemon Trainer just happens to be the fastest way to solve this, by giving him Pokemon change outs, but adding two more Pokemon from something besides Gen I is even better. I honestly would not be bothered if Trainer or Mewtwo didn't come back if it led to a highly diverse roster that showed off multiple Generations.

Also, the funny thing is? Fire Emblem did that too anyway. It never had two of the character from the same Generation. For Mario, he at least had characters who were only really playable in different games. Peach was first playable in Super Mario Bros. 2 USA and Bowser didn't come in till Super Mario RPG. So in a way, it shows a diverse choice of different games. The original for Mario and Luigi(or Mairo would be the first game called Donkey Kong with Super Mario Bros. being Luigi), an American-based game for Peach, and an RPG for Bowser. You could say that for possibly every singe franchise. Showing off multiple games has been heavily done in movesets too, but you can't do that if they're not playable, right? Sakurai shafted Gen III badly in Brawl. And I find that just plain terrible. I know Lucario was a better choice than a Gen III at the time and get that. But that doesn't really change Gen III was underrepped overall when it came to having characters with more than one move Pokemon-wise(a boss is the best we got). When I look at Franchise representation, all that matters to me is playables for repping it properly. I don't care about the other stuff.
I'm sorry. But i'm gonna have to disagree with you.

Dairz

Smash Ace
When I look at Franchise representation, all that matters to me is playables for repping it properly. I don't care about the other stuff.
Thats a shame, considering Pokemon has had 8 characters, 6 stages, 1 boss, and dozens of pokeball Pokemon out of all Smash games (so far). You seem to hold animosity towards Gen 1, which is obviously the most repped because its the most popular and well known Gen.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Do you have proof?
A link perhaps?
I'm not buying this. Pichu left because he was a joke character. And we already had Pikachu.
You're referring to characters that are unique by definition. And we should just let them go cause "I want them gone!"
And that's all I'm hearing, opinions.

And remember, your opinions =/= fact.

Because God forbid Sakurai wants the Kanto Starters.
...Maybe it's not Sakurai with the bias here...

Maybe that's how Pokemon works.
But this is Smash. We're talking about two different games here.

In what? The trophies?
Don't they do that with everyone? Showing which game they appeared in?

Maybe in your mind, but not everyone else's.

But then Pokemon Trainer is expendable?

...And this is where I make up my mind.
I beginning to see a pattern here.
Being "If I don't care then no one else should either."

It's all I see. I see someone who wants them out for personal reasons.

I don't see facts, I see bias.

Here we go!
No! Not enough!
We need all the reps!
Oh, and cut Pikachu, the Kanto Starters, and Mewtwo.
They're over-repped.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
No! Not enough!
We need all the reps!
Oh, and cut Pikachu, the Kanto Starters, and Mewtwo.
They're over-repped.
Doesn't have Marowak, May, or Hawlucha. -100000000/10. Would not bang.
:troll:
Forgive me guys let me fix the roster:
[collapse=Full Pokémon Roster]
[/collapse]
There everything/and everyone you'll ever need.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom