• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
The DK silhouette level could also just feature all human characters with the black shading like DK has and characters like Yoshi and Jiggs who don't have anything could just be pure green and pink respectively with no details much like how DK's tie is pure red. Food for though.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
What about Kirby?

Edt: I fail at reading. Jigglypuff then.
Idk... As creepy as it may be, possibly the eyes???
Kirby has shoes?
News to me...
What is it then? Are his feet are red and all the blood just rushes to his toes to make it appear red?

Also quick question: Does Yoshi have a shell or a saddle on his back?? I always wondered what it was.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Idk... As creepy as it may be, possibly the eyes???
What is it then? Are his feet are red and all the blood just rushes to his toes to make it appear red?

Also quick question: Does Yoshi have a shell or a saddle on his back?? I always wondered what it was.
Well...Kirby could easily have red feet...just like Sonic has a different color for his arms or Lucario having black legs.

I do believe Yoshi has a saddle...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Look, he's a marshmallow for all we know.
Unless his feet are mostly muscle. Would explain all the kick attacks...

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Pretty certain those are his feet, same goes for all the Waddle Dees, Doos, Dedede, Poppy Bros, etc. Meta Knight seems to be one of the few guys in Dream Land who bothers with footwear (sometimes), as he has those fancy metal boots.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The DK silhouette level could also just feature all human characters with the black shading like DK has and characters like Yoshi and Jiggs who don't have anything could just be pure green and pink respectively with no details much like how DK's tie is pure red. Food for though.
I think that could always work. I do think For Yoshi his...*glances at the quote below this* ...saddle and spikes be the elements that stand out.
I do believe Yoshi has a saddle...
Thanks.
Well...Kirby could easily have red feet...just like Sonic has a different color for his arms or Lucario having black legs.
Well for Sonic, his skin is flesh colored and his quills are blue. Lucario, like some canines, can be known for multiple colors/patterns on their fur. So it makes sense for him too. Kirby, I guess, I just assumed was Pink all over.

It's a made up character so I guess anything goes really. So I I'll take your word that it's his feet.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Pretty certain those are his feet, same goes for all the Waddle Dees, Doos, Dedede, Poppy Bros, etc. Meta Knight seems to be one of the few guys in Dream Land who bothers with footwear (sometimes), as he has those fancy metal boots.
There's my favorite guy on SmashBoards! *Brofist*

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I think that could always work. I do think For Yoshi his...*glances at the quote below this* ...saddle and spikes be the elements that stand out.

Thanks.
Well for Sonic, his skin is flesh colored and his quills are blue. Lucario, like some canines, can be known for multiple colors/patterns on their fur. So it makes sense for him too. Kirby, I guess, I just assumed was Pink all over.

It's a made up character so I guess anything goes really. So I I'll take your word that it's his feet.
It's a shell.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Lemme get this straight:
You interpret the character idea of the Pokémon Trainer to be about "Catching them all." If the Pokémon Trainer was called Red, you would have no problem with the character having only :002:,:007: and :006:. However, because the Pokémon Trainer IS called "Pokémon Trainer" and not Red, you feel he should be the epitome of "Catching them all." Correct?

Now I must of missed it, but no where in that you clarified what you meant by "Gotta Catch 'em all"; If you weren't referring to the game's objective, then what are you talking about? You just went on to explain, because the Pokemon Trainer wasn't called Red he should have other Pokemon. That really doesn't answer what you meant by "Catching them all."
It's what P Trainer represents in terms of ideas. Despite being based off of Red he wasn't called Red. He was called P Trainer. And by being called only P trainer he represents the whole idea of "gotta catch them all". Because of how his name was purposely left ambiguous. I don't really know how to explain what I mean by "gotta catch them all" anymore then what I have said.

Okay, we're going in circles here:
  • You don't care about representation (Exception for maybe FE), yet you want the Pokémon Trainer to have the starters from each of the generations.
  • I care about series representation, but I don't care for breaking up a series into sub-categories (Generations) and advocates that each must be represented.
I think we both understand where each other stands. If there is anything on your part that you want to add or clarify, feel free.
Not exactly.

I don't care about series representation at all, I usually find it to be bogus crap actually. I do, however, believe in "idea/purpose/whatever you want to call it" representation. I don't want P Trainer to have multiple Pokemon because I want to fairly represent the different generations in Pokemon, because I really don't give a damn about that, but rather because of the idea he is suppose to represent.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
It's what you want it to be. In some games it looks like one and the other.

Look the pic I posted and this

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Are we talking DK silhouette levels? I'd imagine that all of Yoshi's green parts would be the only things highlighted. Game and Watch would be the same. But what would normal Jigglypuff have? All of the alt suits could just highlight their respective hats just fine.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
It's what you want it to be. In some games it looks like one and the other.

Look the pic I posted and this
Well...MarioWiki says it's a saddle..

"Yoshi, like all other Yoshis, has a large nose, a row of red spines along his head, a saddle on his back, which is used by Mario and company when being ridden on" -MarioWiki

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Also, speaking of Jigglypuff, a few days ago I realized how expressive Jigglypuff will (most likely) be this time around, after I looked at some of King Dedede's expressions again.

This is something I'm really hoping for. I was quite happy to see King Dedede with expressions that make him look like he did in the anime.

-------

@YoshiDiscussion

In a few games I think it's texture has made it look like a shell, but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a saddle.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I suppose it could be a shell. Perhaps it's a shell that's been flattened out because maybe the events after the first Yoshi's Island caused them to evolve to be better suited for carrying passengers. We know that Yoshis can reproduce absurdly fast because they can turn pretty much anything into an egg so, like flies, they could rapidly create enough generations between, say, the time Mario is a baby until the time he's a middle aged adult, to make this happen. This would be further reinforced in the gene pool by the subsequent adventures that Yoshi had with the other baby Mario characters in the sequels to Yoshi's Island leading years down the road to Super Mario World and beyond, leading to a model that is strikingly similar to what animal breeders use for selective breeding.

Oh god... what the hell did I just type...

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
It's what P Trainer represents in terms of ideas. Despite being based off of Red he wasn't called Red. He was called P Trainer. And by being called only P trainer he represents the whole idea of "gotta catch them all". Because of how his name was purposely left ambiguous. I don't really know how to explain what I mean by "gotta catch them all" anymore then what I have said.
So you think the Pokémon Trainer represents what is in essence to be one of the main objectives in the Pokémon series.
I understand that you are referring to the "idea", but that idea happens to be the main objective of the series.

[collapse=Related Tangent]In any case, I disagree that Pokémon Trainer character is about "Catching them all." in Smash. Because no where in his play style he is catching anything. However, I do think he represents party/team management from the Pokémon series. You can clearly see with his ability (Down Special), he is able to cycle through his party. Giving players the option to switch to a Pokémon that is best suited to take down the enemy at hand. Also just like in the games, when a Pokémon is defeated/fainted the Trainer has no choice, but to summon the next Pokémon in the party. If a player wants the switch to another Pokémon mid battle, he puts his team at risk, just as he would in the series, leaving the summoning Pokémon open to an attack.[/collapse]

Not exactly.

I don't care about series representation at all, I usually find it to be bogus crap actually. I do, however, believe in "idea/purpose/whatever you want to call it" representation. I don't want P Trainer to have multiple Pokemon because I want to fairly represent the different generations in Pokemon, because I really don't give a damn about that, but rather because of the idea he is suppose to represent
Okay:
  • I care about series representation, but I don't care for breaking up a series into sub-categories (Generations) and advocate that each must be represented.
  • You don't care about series representation or sub-series representation, but you care about ""idea/purpose/whatever you want to call it" representation".

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I suppose it could be a shell. Perhaps it's a shell that's been flattened out because maybe the events after the first Yoshi's Island caused them to evolve to be better suited for carrying passengers. We know that Yoshis can reproduce absurdly fast because they can turn pretty much anything into an egg so, like flies, they could rapidly create enough generations between, say, the time Mario is a baby until the time he's a middle aged adult, to make this happen. This would be further reinforced in the gene pool by the subsequent adventures that Yoshi had with the other baby Mario characters in the sequels to Yoshi's Island leading years down the road to Super Mario World and beyond, leading to a model that is strikingly similar to what animal breeders use for selective breeding.

Oh god... what the hell did I just type...
You should teach evolution in schools.
You'd do a great job.
Ridley ^confirmed^ :troll:

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
First there was the Nintendo Gameboy. Now prepare your selves for the Nintendo Playboy:

Last edited by a moderator:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
My Bachelors degree is in Organismal, Ecological, Evolutionary Biology (OEE Biology, for short), oddly enough. Reason why I left the field? Too much paper work.

Really?
I really love evolution, ya know...
It always fascinated me...how fish evolved into amphibians than reptiles than Birds/Mammals.
Natural selection...so fascinating...
It wouldn't suprise me if the future humans lost their smallest toes. I mean...it's not like we really need it anymore...
We'll be like lions in terms of fingers and toes.
I'm drifting off...

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So you think the Pokémon Trainer represents what is in essence to be one of the main objectives in the Pokémon series.
I understand that you are referring to the "idea", but that idea happens to be the main objective of the series.

[collapse=Related Tangent]In any case, I disagree that Pokémon Trainer character is about "Catching them all." in Smash. Because no where in his play style he is catching anything. However, I do think he represents party/team management from the Pokémon series. You can clearly see with his ability (Down Special), he is able to cycle through his party. Giving players the option to switch to a Pokémon that is best suited to take down the enemy at hand. Also just like in the games, when a Pokémon is defeated/fainted the Trainer has no choice, but to summon the next Pokémon in the party. If a player wants the switch to another Pokémon mid battle, he puts his team at risk, just as he would in the series, leaving the summoning Pokémon open to an attack.[/collapse]
This is miscommunication on my part of being able to express what I mean well. I don't really mean in the literal sense of "gotta catch them all" I just can't think of a better way to put it.

P Trainer was given an ambiguous name of Pokemon Trainer instead of Red. This tells me that the idea of P Trainer is to be.... I don't know how to put it into words.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
This is miscommunication on my part of being able to express what I mean well. I don't really mean in the literal sense of "gotta catch them all" I just can't think of a better way to put it.

P Trainer was given an ambiguous name of Pokemon Trainer instead of Red. This tells me that the idea of P Trainer is to be.... I don't know how to put it into words
At the risk of sounding philosophical. What does it mean to be a Pokémon Trainer?

They're just n**gas that train, catch, raise and battle with Pokémon, are they not? By that definition, objective of the game is closely tied to what being a Pokémon Trainer is.

Using that definition, and seeing how the Pokemon Trainer played in Brawl, we also know that not everything a Pokémon Trainer does in a Pokémon series is represented in the Pokémon Trainer's playstyle in Brawl.

Which is still my point.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Previously on Kirby the Unicorn....

Waddle Dee: "Kiiiirrrby! Let's go to Candy Mountain, Kirby!"