• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, If you ever do make that fangame.
I'm maining Jon first day!
I would likely main Jill and Oscar of Astora. Since they are based on some of my favorite games.

No idea. I;m not very familiar with that phrase.
Jumping the shark apparently is when a series gets so bad it includes ridiculous events just for the hell of it. Inspired by Fonzie literally jumping a shark.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
"Pic of the Day. The Year of Luigi is over, so here's Luigi's Final Smash. The Negative Zone returns from Brawl. *Insert witty comment about how Luigi is sad* "

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
"Pic of the Day. Now that The Year of Luigi has concluded, Luigi will now be taken out of Super Smash Bros. Rumor has it he's now Mario's actual shadow.

[laughs]"
"Pic of the Day. This is Shadow Mario, the dark doppelganger of Mario. No, he isn't Luigi or Bowser Jr. in disguise. No, he totally isn't a joke character who plays just Mario but looks dark. And no, he isn't what happened when Dr. Mario took the wrong pill."

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Also there is going to be an iOS and Android app to tie in with the new Godzilla film... the game itself doesn't look terribly interesting but I can stare at that amazing new Godzilla design all day.

Godzilla App.png

Destroy All Monsters Melee is still the best Godzilla game IMO, Super Godzilla gets alot of nostalgia from me, largely due to that crazy difficult final boss (and his cool music). After that boss I feel as though no final boss will ever be challenging for me ever again.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Also there is going to be an iOS and Android app to tie in with the new Godzilla film... the game itself doesn't look terribly interesting but I can stare at that amazing new Godzilla design all day.

View attachment 10550

Destroy All Monsters Melee is still the best Godzilla game IMO, Super Godzilla gets alot of nostalgia from me, largely due to that crazy difficult final boss (and his cool music). After that boss I feel as though no final boss will ever be challenging for me ever again.
I like the direction they took Godzilla. More classic... I still remember a park in Japan that had a HUGE Godzilla statue...
That's the power of money.
I know, right? MONEY! (No Honey-Boo Boo gifs now.)

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

View attachment 10550

I live Destroy All Monsters Melee! It was a DAMM good game.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I live Destroy All Monsters Melee! It was a DAMM good game.
Tee hee. .I see what you did there :) I especially liked Orga, the way he could basically send everyone else flying with nothing more than a backhand... yes.

But no... SUPER Godzilla for the SNES... home of what I still believe is one of gaming's hardest final bosses... like I said, after going through him, I feel as though NO final boss will ever be challenging to me EVER again.

So the basic setup is

Godzilla arrives in Tokyo during the semi-final level and he is given two choices. Either go straight for Mecha King Ghidorah in an attempt to save Tokyo, or go around Tokyo and gather the SUPER cells so that Godzilla can transform into SUPER Godzilla, a bigger, tougher more powerful version of Godzilla that I kid you not can even do a Falcon Punch. ... really.

If Godzilla DOES become SUPER Godzilla, he can SMOKE Mecha King Ghidorah with no trouble. If he doesn't, it's a hard battle. REGARDLESS of what happens, The final stage kicks in and the aliens that have been attacking Earth the entire time bring out this big monster named Bagan who is so big Godzilla only comes up to his pecs. Bagan is so powerful he pretty much decimates Tokyo just by waking up. Now here's where the "fun" part comes. If you chose to become Super Godzilla in the previous stage, the Super transformation has worn off and you have to hold your own against this super monstrosity until the ship gets back with more Super cells to make Godzilla become SUPER Godzilla. During that time, get used to pertnear all your attacks barely doing ANYTHING to Bagan. And even WHEN Godzilla goes SUPER, Bagan is STILL bigger than him and it's STILL an uphill battle. An INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT ONE. Now, if you DIDN'T choose to become SUPER in the previous stage... well, let's just say I've never seen anyone do it. It's been described as nearly impossible to win if you don't go Super, and the worst part is, as mentioned before, even if you DO go Super, it's still incredibly difficult.

Regardless, the whole thing is accompanied by cool SNES music, aka one of the most catchiest final boss music... the perfect music to get whooped to by a guy bigger than Godzilla. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsskyUFS_oE

]

After that, I declared that no final boss will ever pose a real challenge to me ever again... and so far, I've been right.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

View attachment 10550

I'm in love with that design for Godzilla, I'm really looking forward to that movie as they seem to want to capture the essence of the character this time around.

Also, agreed about Destroy All Monsters Melee, me and my friend used to play that game all the time when we were kids.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I think PeanutButterGamer and his girlfriend broke up :(. A while back he bought another ferret (8-bit) and recently he has a dog. I think he's replacing for a hole in his heart. But Namira is the cutest little dog ever!

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Jumping the shark apparently is when a series gets so bad it includes ridiculous events just for the hell of it. Inspired by Fonzie literally jumping a shark.
Didn't that already happen when Mater became/was MISTAKEN FOR A SPY?!

D

Deleted member

View attachment 10550

So...if the first American Godzilla is "Zilla" since he took the "God" out of "Godzilla", would this one be "Legendary Godzilla" if the movie is good since he'd be the biggest, baddest Godzilla in film history? :troll:

Also, DAMM was a great game. Shame it's sequels weren't. (Or at least Unleashed; can't criticize Save the Earth since I've never played it)

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
So...if the first American Godzilla is "Zilla" since he took the "God" out of "Godzilla", would this one be "Legendary Godzilla" if the movie is good since he'd be the biggest, baddest Godzilla in film history? :troll:

Also, DAMM was a great game. Shame it's sequels weren't. (Or at least Unleashed; can't criticize Save the Earth since I've never played it)
I'm hard pressed to say that Save the Earth and Unleashed were "bad" games, but they were nowhere near as polished.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Like I said, I can't criticize Save the Earth, but Unleashed was horrible. Which is disappointing, since I had high hopes for it.
Unleashed was one of those games... it sorta falls into what I call the "for fans only bin". Big fans of Godzilla are virtually the only ones that could put up with it. The motion controls on Wii weren't polished at all, they were terrible, and on PS2 there were barely any new characters. I had enough fun playing as King Seesar and Varan (I still don't understand why I like him so much) and a bunch of other monsters, but in Destroy All Monsters, it was simply alot more fun when it wasn't a chore to get the characters to do what you wanted them to do. Plus the whole "there are crystals all around every stage because aliens" wasn't as fun either.

Save the Earth... gee, I don't really remember alot about it as I only played it on PS2 for a small period of time before my PS2 broke, but I remember not enjoying it anywhere near as much as Destroy All Monsters Melee.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So, it took me a while. But I finally used those twelve dollars!...
...On Lifeforce and Super C...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

You should have kept your mouth shut.

You made me look for these awful awful awful gifs because of that comment. You should feel ashamed. :<
I'm sorry mimgrim. Forgive me for scaring you and countless others.

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560

You should have kept your mouth shut.

You made me look for these awful awful awful gifs because of that comment. You should feel ashamed. :<
After you posting that, I looked up more Honey Boo Boo gifs. Now I'm both humored and disturbed.

D

Deleted member

Unleashed was one of those games... it sorta falls into what I call the "for fans only bin". Big fans of Godzilla are virtually the only ones that could put up with it. The motion controls on Wii weren't polished at all, they were terrible, and on PS2 there were barely any new characters. I had enough fun playing as King Seesar and Varan (I still don't understand why I like him so much) and a bunch of other monsters, but in Destroy All Monsters, it was simply alot more fun when it wasn't a chore to get the characters to do what you wanted them to do. Plus the whole "there are crystals all around every stage because aliens" wasn't as fun either.

Save the Earth... gee, I don't really remember alot about it as I only played it on PS2 for a small period of time before my PS2 broke, but I remember not enjoying it anywhere near as much as Destroy All Monsters Melee.
I'm weird.
I enjoyed Unleashed at first because of all of the content, but there was only so much unresponsive controls, dragged-out matches, and glitches and freezing I could take.

I think the biggest problem comes from the focus of motion controls. If the developers opted for a more traditional control set, other aspects of the game could've been fine tuned.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

What the hell did I just find and why haven't I heard of it until now? XD

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Can we expect Ghidorah in the new Godzilla movie?
I'm not expecting any of the other monsters to show up. I'd figured it was supposed to be just Godzilla and the various militarizes fighting him.

I don't know.

But it does seem like Heisenberg will be appearing. Doesn't get much more intimidating than that.
I think you mean Hal.

Last edited:

UnownLegend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
UnownLegend
so far we've gotten sexy filler pics of Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer, Marth, and Luigi's nose.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Would be nice to see Mewtwo confirmed. I have zero worries about Jigglypuff, anyway. As for Pokemon Trainer, I say wait unless he's being changed up to a different type(as in new Pokemon) or has a different trainer design(but with the same Pokemon). Many already think he'll be back anyway and even that we'll get zero new Pokemon playable(sadly).

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Would be nice to see Mewtwo confirmed. I have zero worries about Jigglypuff, anyway. As for Pokemon Trainer, I say wait unless he's being changed up to a different type(as in new Pokemon) or has a different trainer design(but with the same Pokemon). Many already think he'll be back anyway and even that we'll get zero new Pokemon playable(sadly).
I wouldn't mind no newcomer for Pokémon. Seeying as there isn't a good representive anymore beside these 5.

As for PKMN trainer...I think his Pokémon will stay. It would be wrong to cut the most popular Pokémon of all time. :006:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I wouldn't mind no newcomer for Pokémon. Seeying as there isn't a good representive anymore beside these 5.
Couldn't disagree more. There's tons of stuff besides those 8(not 5) anyway. We've had 8 total playable. Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Pichu, Lucario, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard.
As for PKMN trainer...I think his Pokémon will stay. It would be wrong to cut the most popular Pokémon of all time. :006:
To be honest, I stopped caring since Gen 1 is highly repped as is. I'll gladly take a whole new set. After losing Pichu and Mewtwo, I don't see why more can't be cut anymore. Likewise, they could just switch out everyone but Charizard anyway.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Couldn't disagree more. There's tons of stuff besides those 8(not 5) anyway. We've had 8 total playable. Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Pichu, Lucario, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard.

To be honest, I stopped caring since Gen 1 is highly repped as is. I'll gladly take a whole new set. After losing Pichu and Mewtwo, I don't see why more can't be cut anymore. Likewise, they could just switch out everyone but Charizard anyway.
You want Pikachu gone!?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You want Pikachu gone!?
...You're not actually thinking I want him gone, are you? Seriously?

Only Jigglypuff and Pikachu I find mainstays. I have no issues with the rest being switched around to show off other Gens. They're not important to me at all. Lucario is probably at this point the 3rd member of the mainstays now, though.

HatsuneMiku

Smash Apprentice

Only Jigglypuff and Pikachu I find mainstays. I have no issues with the rest being switched around to show off other Gens. They're not important to me at all. Lucario is probably at this point the 3rd member of the mainstays now, though.
Now let's just hope Mewtwo becomes the 4th.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

You sounded pretty serious to me.

Anyway...the only newcomer I see (I don't expect him in SSB4) is Zoroark...due to him being similiar to Lucario.
I just don't see another Pokémon Trainer as other starters aren't iconic enough like the ones from Kanto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom