• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Here's how I think it.
If this game wants to be a movie, why not? Judge it like a movie.
It's clear that they put "Theater Mode" in for a reason. They wanted the story to stick with you. They wanted it to be the major feature.
This was what they wanted to make it sell.

If you miss that, then you'll lost the point of the article.

If anything, it would've been the same.
The problem don't have to do with Samus being female, it has to do with her personality.
Or, in this case, the destruction of it.
What I'm wondering is if the people that liked it have less of a problem, even if it's subconscious, because it's a woman that is shown to be vulnerable. Just food for thought.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Eh, I still gotta play Other M. I like the character designs for the most part, though, that I've seen.

I won't judge till I play. A really bad story never keeps me away. The gameplay has to be beyond atrocious for that. No, not Sonic 2006, like, 50 times worse.(I feel this way about Sonic Unleashed. The story itself was okay, but the gameplay was a train wreck entirely. I realize the irony that it as Sonic 06 that had the train wreck stage itself here. XD)

That said, I was severely disappointed in Brawl too. Was it a bad game? Not by any means. Just didn't do it for me. The additions and changes were meh. Auto-L-Cancel made it very unfun for me, the lack of the Red Shell didn't help. My favorite Pokemon Generation didn't get a playable character for a Gen 4 guy(and we got yet another set of 1st Gens...). Anyway, despite that, the roster was still a good list regardless. It was very unbalanced, jeez, but a good list.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Speaking of games that try to be movies

Wondering whether or not I should wait to get Ground Zeroes.

Get.
It.

Eh, I still gotta play Other M. I like the character designs for the most part, though, that I've seen.
I won't judge till I play. A really bad story never keeps me away. The gameplay has to be beyond atrocious for that. No, not Sonic 2006, like, 50 times worse.(I feel this way about Sonic Unleashed. The story itself was okay, but the gameplay was a train wreck entirely. I realize the irony that it as Sonic 06 that had the train wreck stage itself here. XD)
That said, I was severely disappointed in Brawl too. Was it a bad game? Not by any means. Just didn't do it for me. The additions and changes were meh. Auto-L-Cancel made it very unfun for me, the lack of the Red Shell didn't help. My favorite Pokemon Generation didn't get a playable character for a Gen 4 guy(and we got yet another set of 1st Gens...). Anyway, despite that, the roster was still a good list regardless. It was very unbalanced, jeez, but a good list.
Gen 4? Lucario is gen 4. Or is he too manly to be gen 4?

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
What I'm wondering is if the people that liked it have less of a problem, even if it's subconscious, because it's a woman that is shown to be vulnerable. Just food for thought.
The problem wasn't that she was vulnerable.
The problem is that they botched it up.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I forgave Ground Zeroes after seeing like the Rambo game that was $40 for 2 hours of playtime.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't think any 3rd gen Pokémon really stands out. But that's just me...
Nothing really stood out for me in Gen IV beyond Pachirisu only. I was meh on Lucario the entire time.

Gen III already had Plusle & Minun, Medicham, and Gardevoir, just for a few notable ones. Never mind awesome Legendaries, which the most powerful one even got the only Pokemon Boss role, and the only Pokemon to specifically show up in the SSE beyond the playable characters.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So, I have 12 dollars left on a prepaid card.
And I honestly have no idea what to use it on.
For me, it's either Double Dragon or Ninja Gaiden.

Any recommendations?

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I remember browsing one time on DeviantArt when I suddenly found something....argh...you know..stupid...

Someone wanted a ''few" chances to some Smash veterans for SSB4...

He wanted Yarn Kirby to replace Kirby and he wanted the Pokémon trainer to have Pikachu/Lucario/Mewtwo.

No...just..no...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I remember browsing one time on DeviantArt when I suddenly found something....argh...you know..stupid...

Someone wanted a ''few" chances to some Smash veterans for SSB4...

He wanted Yarn Kirby to replace Kirby and he wanted the Pokémon trainer to have Pikachu/Lucario/Mewtwo.

No...just..no...
Let me guess.
Then they should add in his "completely original totally not a self-insert" fan character.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Maybe...I stopped looking after seeying these horrible changes...
Well, it's DeviantArt.

Double Dragon. Though if you want to try something different, ask Swamp about Dillon's Rolling Western.
That's what I'm thinking.
The thing is there also a bunch of others I hardly know about, which is why I came here.

Though, if Swamp comes around here sometime, I'll ask him.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Did somebody say Dillon's Rolling Western?!?!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Incredibles 2 was officially announced!!! :bee:
Oh, and so was Cars 3...
I think the world can stomach another movie with that Hillbilly Truck and Owen Wilson if it means we get more of the Incredibles. And, y'know more of Frozone too.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Cars is by far their most successful series because of unapologetic-ally stupid 10 year olds who needlessly buy all the merchandise thanks to their grossly irresponsible and possibly dangerous to society as a whole parents. I respect John Lasseter because he essentially put Pixar on the map and helped bring Up and Ratatouille into the world but, god, do I want to congratulate him with a knee to one of his double chins every time he announces another movie set in the Cars universe. I don't know how many of you have heard of this project of theirs but I can't wait until they release the first trailer for it; it sounds brilliant.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Cars is by far their most successful series because of unapologetic-ally stupid 10 year olds who needlessly buy all the merchandise thanks to their grossly irresponsible and possibly dangerous to society as a whole parents. I respect John Lasseter because he essentially put Pixar on the map and helped bring Up and Ratatouille into the world but, god, do I want to congratulate him with a knee to one of his double chins every time he announces another movie set in the Cars universe. I don't know how many of you have heard of this project of theirs but I can't wait until they release the first trailer for it; it sounds brilliant.
Already interested, little girls involved That sounds really great.
Lewis Black is Anger. Oh. My. God.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Incredibles 2 was officially announced!!! :bee:
Oh, and so was Cars 3...
I JUST SAW IT!

The Incredibles is one of if not my favorite Pixar movies....

As a Disney fan......I approve this....

Aaaahhh!!!! YES!!!

This deserves something awesome to celebrate:

Frozone 1.jpg

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I still haven't seen Cars 2 (or Planes). I'm not missing much am I?

But helz yeh, Incredibrus TSU!
If I could describe Cars 2 in two words it would be "diarrhea holocaust" because these are the two worst words I can think of off the top of my head. It's a movie that stars Larry the Cable Guy as a secret agent... of course it's by far their worst film.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I just read MGS: Ground Zeroes is beatable within 10 minutes...

We were talking about movies, right?

Some great movies i'm looking forward to...are
Big Hero 6, Night at the museum 3, Godzilla, Jurassic World, Pirates Of The Carribean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, Finding Dory and especially How To Train Your Dragon 2 and 3...

And the Incredibles 2 obviously...

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
It was hyperbole, and not counting the 19 minutes of cutscenes. Basically if you don't play to have stealth shenanigans/good old fashioned Kojima fun, then yeah, it is short.

It's only meant to be a prologue to hype up PP, at any rate.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I can't say I care about Cars 3, but I'm happy to hear that Incredibles is finally getting a sequel. Brad Bird being on board again in particular really gets me excited for this movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom