• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I only like the 64 version because it's big enough to fight on and doesn't have easy or cheap deaths. Worst that'll happen is a slightly bad moment on the barrel.

...I keep forgetting which spelling was for the 64 version. >_< That said, the music was good, at least. Truthfully, the DK music never did much for me. I'm not a "jungle serenity music" type of guy. Only music I like hearing with Jungle in its name is the Power Rangers Jungle Fury theme song. :awesome:
Congo Jungle
Kongo Jungle

As for DK music these are two really good tracks. If you don't like them... fair enough.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For me, I just want exciting music. This is why I was fairly annoyed at the Sonic selection. Too many main themes, very few character themes and zero multiple battle themes. Most of the course music in Sonic Battle sounds amazing and something great to fight to. Same with the regular multiple themes(and boss themes in Shadow's game) in Sonic Adventure 2. That's the type of stuff that I love to fight to. The regular course music was good, at least. I think that's what the issue was(imo) with Brawl's Sonic selection. Almost none of it was actual music from a course. Almost everywhere else had that, so you could really get the feel of the actual SSB stage and fight on it since you felt like you were in that universe. Since when does Sonic Heroes play while you're on a damn course in a Sonic game? It didn't fit. I can't say anything for the Metal Gear music, though, since I'm inexperienced in that series.

Anyway, pet peeve on that aside, I did find the music good, just not too fitting. I also was highly disappointed we didn't get a Shadow song, yet got one from Sonic 06, and if it was the vocal theme, I might've been cool with it(as a shortened version like the rest). But we just got a lame instrumental instead. ...Where is I Am(All of Me)? All Hail Shadow? >_< That's some great music~

And I'll forget the names anyway, so no worries.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Regarding music, I'm still waiting for Porky Means Business and the Hippie Battle Theme.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wow mystic force has the worst power ranger theme I've heard as of yet

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wow mystic force has the worst power ranger theme I've heard as of yet
R.P.M. is pretty much the only one I found bad. The rest were pretty good, IMO. I dislike the promo rap, but the final one was pretty catchy. The instrumental version of it sounds really freakin' awesome and makes for an excellent thing to listen to in the background;

...I wanted to find the exact song, but this'll have to do. Warning: It is a huge spoiler scene, and I advice you to only watch if it you really want to hear it. It's, IMO, some of the most catchy background music for a lot of Power Rangers themes.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Stage talk? Get rid of Temple. After years of boring basic brawls of noobs running away and camping at that 1 spot during Sudden Death... Oh, it just makes you want to hurt em so much.

As for music, I've longed for some Bowser themes for so long, but maybe we'll hear the one from Galaxy 1 or 2 on the Galaxy stage. Of course, I also wanna hear some amazing KIU music.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Stage talk? Get rid of Temple. After years of boring basic brawls of noobs running away and camping at that 1 spot during Sudden Death... Oh, it just makes you want to hurt em so much.
Vote a different stage? It's probably not returning anyway. We most likely will only get courses introduced in Brawl if any. If it holds true from how Melee got 64 stages(well, what else would it get?) and Brawl only got Melee stages(and some others blatantly and not-so-blatantly remade).

As for music, I've longed for some Bowser themes for so long, but maybe we'll hear the one from Galaxy 1 or 2 on the Galaxy stage. Of course, I also wanna hear some amazing KIU music.
Give me some Shadow the Hedgehog music. And Sonic Battle. Hell yes, Sonic Battle. That's an amazing soundtrack for midis alone.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC6BB588AF063E18F ...Well. I couldn't find a full video of it, but that's all of it. It's very catchy.

...I'd ask for Quest 64 music, but that'd require the game to have a ghost of a chance. To note, Nintendo is technically the owner of it by default, anyway. The copyright is over, and they're pure Nintendo games, sooooooo... also, to note, this is recent, since a Third Party Company no longer owns it. They could probably grab it for cheap and may not have to pay anything at all, since it's a Nintendo-series game. :grin: That said... well, just look up the music on YouTube. It's freakin' amazing. But here's a medley somebody did on their own;

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've been watching some Nostalgia Critic vids lately.

One of his particular Top 11 lists had made me tempted to watch Raggedy Ann & Andy: A Musical Adventure. This reason being that a few parts of it rival a certain scene from Halloween is Grinch Night in term of weirdness.

Anyway, on the topic of music, one song is particular I'd really like to see is the remix of Galacta Knight's theme from Kirby's Return to Dreamland.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

I agree with the temple part. N00bs forced me to break my WiiMote.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I wonder how the green pipe at the end of the stage will work...

Do you press down or just drop in it...

Makes me thinkin' .....

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Makes me thinkin' .....
Well, it's a scrolling stage and the pipe looks huge, so I think the platform will simply enter inside it and the stage resets.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
So, it just ends, like that.
I really don't understand why they simply announced the end of the Year of Luigi in a precise day, when nothing really actually happens today.
I just don't get it.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I'm hoping for (If Snake is in SSB4) the main theme of Sons Of Liberty.
At the most, I can see two Metal Gear themes being used in Smash.

First one should obviously be the MGS1 theme, used on the Brawl stage Shadow Moses Island. (assuming it returns)
There's the whole copyright-infringement thing though, so I'm not sure...

Second one is tricky. I agree that the MGS2 theme is great, and arguably the most well-known of the MGS theme tracks, but I feel that the MGS3 theme should be in. It has the feel of the MGS4 theme for most of it and then brings out the patterns from the MGS2 for the finale, making it some sort of mix between the two.

Also because I want a new Metal Gear stage to be a stage that represents Big Boss' games and saga as a whole. (I see Shadow Moses representing Solid Snake's saga)

Makes me thinkin' .....
I think the background will simply transition to the beginning. Maybe with a warp pipe sound effect.

The Brawl Dojo said that the floor breaks on Castle Siege's first tier and you fall into the castle, although it obviously doesn't work like that in game.

----

Last edited:

HatsuneMiku

Smash Apprentice
Stage talk? Get rid of Temple. After years of boring basic brawls of noobs running away and camping at that 1 spot during Sudden Death... Oh, it just makes you want to hurt em so much
I actually like Temple D: I haven't really had any experience with players camping on that stage, probably because i barely played Basic Brawl. We'll likely see a pattern though, in Brawl New Pork City was the new "Temple". We're definitely getting a new Temple incarnation this time, but i wonder what game it'll be based on?

J-Stars opening.

Whelp, i know what game i'm going to import.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Just made a perfect Mario Kart roster:

Just because.
I wonder how Goomba would drive. lol

Anyway, it's a pretty good roster. It has all characters from the previous Mario Kart games plus a lot of new ones. The Paper characters would look a bit odd, though, but really, if that was MK8's roster, I certainly wouldn't complain.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Goomba would be like the final unlockable character.
Need to beat all the cups in all the modes with perfect score TWICE.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
I wonder how Goomba would drive. lol

Anyway, it's a pretty good roster. It has all characters from the previous Mario Kart games plus a lot of new ones. The Paper characters would look a bit odd, though, but really, if that was MK8's roster, I certainly wouldn't complain.
It doesn't have all characters from previous Mario Karts. It doesn't have R.O.B., but then again he's not a mario character.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Having Baby Bowser, Koopa Kid, and Bowser Jr. is kind of redundant because they all share the same character design now...
To be fair.
We could get Mario, Baby Mario, and Metal Mario.
Redundancy isn't a bad thing when it comes to Mario Kart...

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
What is the longest period of time we have waited to receive a new character? 3-4 weeks?

We last got Diddy on Feb 21st, I think we will end up getting a character sometime this week.
Idk who though.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Nice roster, i've also made one if you interested in checking it out:
WHY U NO FAWFUL!?!?!

What is the longest period of time we have waited to receive a new character? 3-4 weeks?

We last got Diddy on Feb 21st, I think we will end up getting a character sometime this week.
Idk who though.
Wario? Yoshi? Who are you thinking?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom