• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So what RPGs for the PS3 can you guys recomend?

I'm going to Gamestop tomorow as I have a 50$ GS gift card and some games to trade in, and 25 bucks from my grandparents but I hope not to use that for buying games.

I'm gonna be on the look out for AC4 (360 version preferably), a Halo game, GoW Judgment, and Ni No Kuni Wrath of the White Witch. I already have KH 1.5. But I wanna buff my PS3 library up a bit more.

I'll probably mostly stick to RPGs for the PS3 overall since it has many and that's my fave genre.

I've heard interesting things about Dark Souls and how it is very challenging. But I also heard it is extremely. I don't mind dark games, I like 999 and to a less extent VLR after all, but it really depends on how it is handled. I'm completely open to suggestions though, especially for niche RPGs.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So I'm playing through Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger and...

WHAT THE HECK ARE THOSE GREEN LIGHTS?!?!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Naw, I think there are weirder mini games than that. I remember than one of Mona's mini games in the GBA game was one where you had to pick a nose (yes, as in shoving a finger up it) and another was to sniff a cold nose. Kind of... disgusting, yet completely fitting in a Wario game.
Oh come on, that was my favorite microgame in the first title. I even made that her down tilt in my rendition of Mona's moveset. :awesome:

I knew it. I just did.
I'm the only one excited for Decapre. :laugh:
Your avatar brings back horrifying memories. *shudders*

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Ironically, this was removed in the Western versions since making real life religious references, let alone using God's name in vain, would have been too controversial for a kids game.
But hey, look what we got instead!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
...Wonderlocke...
Never heard of that.
It's a Nuzlocke, but with Wonder Trading.

Ironically, this was removed in the Western versions since making real life religious references, let alone using God's name in vain, would have been too controversial for a kids game.
They should've done this.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's a Nuzlocke, but with Wonder Trading.

They should've done this.

LOL Panty & Stocking was a great anime since it could be considered Japan's "South Park". Garterbelt stole the show for me since he's basically Samuel L. Jackson's lost lost anime brother. :troll:

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
So, if anything.
You would catch a Pokemon, then Wonder Trade it?
Anything obtained (including gift Pokemon/starters) get traded. One Wonder Trade per area you can obtain Pokemon in.

I've wound up with multiple of the same Pokemon (a pair of Illumise/Eevee), incredibly overleveled Pokemon that I can't control/get to listen, etc.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Anything obtained (including gift Pokemon/starters) get traded. One Wonder Trade per area you can obtain Pokemon in.

I've wound up with multiple of the same Pokemon (a pair of Illumise/Eevee), incredibly overleveled Pokemon that I can't control/get to listen, etc.
Just wait till the end game.
You'll have an army of Bunnelby.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Reminds me of the time I heard that the word "hell" got replaced by heck in DK64 because of complaining parents.

I didn't know "hell" is a bad word...

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Reminds me of the time I heard that the word "hell" got replaced by heck in DK64 because of complaining parents.

I didn't know "hell" is a bad word...
It is in England.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKloUYDezQ Super Mario 3D Land is the current stage name, btw. Boring, but effective. It has elements of Delfino Plaza and even moreso Rainbow Road. My guess is we might not see Delfino Plaza back for a past stage, and only see Luigi's Mansion. To note, while the way you go through this stage does make it sound like it should be akin to Mushroomy Kingdom(as in, you know, based on direct courses?), it actually functions more like Rainbow Cruise/Delfino Plaza. Also, he might make yet another Mushroom Kingdom. To note, if we see Luigi's Mansion, it might be a 3DS stage with multiple skins based upon each Mansion with Mushroomy Kingdom perhaps returning for the Wii U version. These are all just guesses, of course.

Sakurai just posted 4 pictures in a row. He could possibly show off a lot of Final Smashes per post if he wanted to anyway. Just with a simple blurb of how they work. Albeit, he's only done, 1, 2, and 4 pictures at once. It'd be funny if he did 3 to show off all the FS's.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not gonna lie. I first thought that the Super Mario 3D Land stage was actually two stages. But it's interesting to see that it's one huge scrolling level. I can admit though, I'm not the biggest fan of them. But I would like to think that I can still appreciate the work that was put into it. Though I guess the exception would be Mute City's Melee and Brawl versions, as those are scrolling stages I liked. It seems like Rainbow Road is going to be done in a similar style as the F-Zero stages. The developers really did put in some good work on this game.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Mute City wasn't in Brawl. You're thinking of the one similar to it, Port Town Aero Drive. I found both quite fun. I did not like Big Blue that much, but it's a bit more tolerable in Brawl, IMO.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I love every stage in any Smash game...besides... 75m, Hanenbow and Mario Bros. .

This one might be a new favorite scrolling stage of me.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hanenbow, the stage no one remembers about.
I'll take it over WarioWare any time.

Honestly, I'd gladly remove WarioWare, 75m, Mario Bros., and Hanenbow from the game. Pictochat is fightable enough that I'd keep it in. The rest can leave forever. I'd normally say New Pork City too, but it has a lot of decent areas to fight on and isn't nearly as terrible as the first four. Plus, it's probably coming back anyway.

Mind you, the only DK courses I like is the first game's and Jungle Japes. Mario's are mostly good, but I don't like Mushroomy Kingdom(either version) or Mario Bros. Wario has no favorable courses for me. I wouldn't mind WarioWare as much if it couldn't easily kill you and it made people temporarily invincible, making it beyond horrid for Single Player. It's just cheap Fake Difficulty that shouldn't exist. It has no fun in it outside of casual. As a person who mostly plays competitively, and wants to actually win the Single Player modes as is, these types of courses shouldn't exist or be an option in that mode. Oddly enough, Halberd and Port Town Aero Drive are really safe compared to the past courses. Lylat Cruise is the same compared to Corneria(who can't much kill you either, and it theoretically more easy to fight on).

To note, I think All-Star and Classic should've let you play on any course for the character possible that's among their franchise(via its symbol). I think that would've been nice.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I like Mario Bros. and don't mind WarioWare (it is only ruined by temporary invincibility). 75m is alright but I wouldn't say I like it. New Pork City and Hanenbow are just awful. I wouldn't mind Rumble Falls if it moved slow enough so you could actually fight on it. Mushrromy Kingdom 1-1 I like but 1-2 just becomes tedious.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Kongo Jungle was the ****.
I only like the 64 version because it's big enough to fight on and doesn't have easy or cheap deaths. Worst that'll happen is a slightly bad moment on the barrel.

...I keep forgetting which spelling was for the 64 version. >_< That said, the music was good, at least. Truthfully, the DK music never did much for me. I'm not a "jungle serenity music" type of guy. Only music I like hearing with Jungle in its name is the Power Rangers Jungle Fury theme song. :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom