• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Feel like posting this here because i now want to get this game for some reason. lol. I hope that rumor of a western release is true.
Wow. I really want this game.
In Japanese too. Not only does it look interesting, but it could help me in my studies. I felt really cool being able to read the dialogue.

Too bad region locks exist. I'll just get it when it's ported stateside.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If Game Boy Color is within the seleciton, "Shantae" is my suggestion
THIS! And if you enjoyed that, also pick up its DSiWare sequel "Shantae: Risky's Revenge" and then the upcoming 3DS eShop title "Shantae and the Pirate's Curse" (which sadly got delayed from this month to at most 2 more months).

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
If Game Boy Color is within the seleciton, "Shantae" is my suggestion
You know, how is that?
I've been thinking about it, but I haven't gotten around to it.
(If anything, as sad as it sounds, it's mostly the concept for me. As it's hard for me to explain it without getting that look.)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had to sell cigarettes to a pregnant woman yesterday and the entire time I was just thinking, "What the hell you doing smoking with a baby?"

The only reason I'd never want to hook up with a girl that smokes

Edit: I also don't want to die of lung cancer from their smoke

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've learned that Japan has a low view of our sports stars. They see them as "Greedy" and more into money than in the game

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Can anyone recommend some really awesome gameboy games(besides pokemon mario and zelda)
As in the original Gameboy? I'd recommend Mole Mania. It's about a papa mole named Muddy whose wife and kids get kidnapped by an angry redneck. It's a puzzle/adventure game and was directed by none-other than Shigeru Miyamoto. It's a stellar game and probably one of the most underrated game Nintendo has ever released. The main reason hardly anyone has ever heard of it is because it came out shortly before the N64 and Super Mario 64, you know, the two things that revolutionized the gaming industry, so it was quickly forgot about. Still, it's like 3 bucks on the 3DS VC so there's no reason not to get it.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
You know, how is that?
I've been thinking about it, but I haven't gotten around to it.
(If anything, as sad as it sounds, it's mostly the concept for me. As it's hard for me to explain it without getting that look.)

It's simply one of the best most forgotten games around. It unfortunately had the misfortune of being released for the Game Boy Color well after Game Boy Advance had already launched. But trust me, it's one of the best platformers around. It definitely deserved the sequel it got with Risky's Revenge (as well as the third part, The Pirate's Curse, that is still coming out), and I'm glad it's coming to console now in the form of Half-Genie Hero (which I personally helped fund through Kickstarter). The concept, as you said, is unique, and the game is certainly high quality. It's really well worth it.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's simply one of the best most forgotten games around. It unfortunately had the misfortune of being released for the Game Boy Color well after Game Boy Advance had already launched. But trust me, it's one of the best platformers around. It definitely deserved the sequel it got with Risky's Revenge (as well as the third part, The Pirate's Curse, that is still coming out), and I'm glad it's coming to console now in the form of Half-Genie Hero (which I personally helped fund through Kickstarter). The concept, as you said, is unique, and the game is certainly high quality. It's really well worth it.
Eh, I'll look into it.
I still have a few bucks on a prepaid card to do something with (it's either that, Castlevania, or Double Dragon).
The only thing that's pushing me back is like I said, the concept.
More, how it's portrayed.
I don't find it easy to explain it without someone going to me and giving me some weird look.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The CGI has improved so much from Wild Force to Dino Thunder that I can actually stand the CGI despite still being bad.

It's just so much better in comparison. And they don't do stupid things like stretching the zords to make them move, even though they are made of metal

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Can anyone recommend some really awesome gameboy games(besides pokemon mario and zelda)
Megaman V if you're into those sorts of games. It's actually unique form all the console Megamans(unlike the other Gameboy games which are kind of a mishmash of the console games) and it's really well made. I've met a few people who say it's their favorite Megaman game.

Saga one and two (a.k.a Final Fantasy Legends 1 and 2 in the west) are RPGs with some really creative ideas. I'm too lazy to get into what those are but you can look them up if you're interested. There's also a legends III but that was a more standard RPG and kind of boring in my opinion, not bad though.

Dragon quest/warrior monsters is a good "Pokémon but not Pokemon" game, but like every dragon quest game it requires a lot of patience. It does have a lot to keep you interested though unlike say the original Dragon Quest.

Kirby's pinball is surprisingly fun. And of course there's also the original Kirby; Kirby's dreamland. I've also heard good things about Metroid II but I've never personally played it.

Man, now that I think of it almost all the Gameboy games I can think of are spin offs from a console series(well, technically Saga isn't, nor is Kirby). The only stand alone I own for gameboy is Roland's Curse which is somewhat decent LoZ type game.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@ Lozjam Lozjam : Quest: Brian's Journey for the GB/C. It's a simple rpg, and even single player(with one character), but has a decent story and rewards players who carefully balance their level ups. The music and graphics aren't terribly great, but it's pretty fun, IMO.

If you had said GBA, I'd recommend Sonic Battle instead. It's a very fun fighting game with as much balance as Brawl(literally. It has that much of a problem), but has some of the best Sonic dialogue I've seen in a long time, being funny, having interesting characters, keeping the personalities heavily intact, and actually does not star Sonic as the main character at all. He's just kind of important to the overall game.

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
Green character ensemble tomorrow for St Patrick's POTD?? Just a guess on my part but could also be a nice close-to-NewIsland excuse for Yoshi reveal :p (A group shot of Yoshi Luigi Link and Toon would be my bet) or if not Yoshi then Mac in his place in the shot

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Green character ensemble tomorrow for St Patrick's POTD?? Just a guess on my part but could also be a nice close-to-NewIsland excuse for Yoshi reveal :p (A group shot of Yoshi Luigi Link and Toon would be my bet) or if not Yoshi then Mac in his place in the shot
Wait.
Does Japan even celebrate St. Patrick's Day?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I would've expected you to suggest something red-colored. :troll:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
...And 16 days later...
I lost my PIN number so I had to get an email from them to get it. I don't check my emails that often but I did today and they had sent me an email telling me the problem was fixed on the 10th. I also may have lost my 3DS for 2 days...

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
With Yoshi not being revealed on Yoshi's New Island, I can only think of one outcome.

If 2 characters a month is upheld, then we'll probably get one this week/next week and the other next week/March 31st, which is a Monday.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I lost my PIN number so I had to get an email from them to get it. I don't check my emails that often but I did today and they had sent me an email telling me the problem was fixed on the 10th. I also may have lost my 3DS for 2 days...
But at least you have it now...

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I so badly want Playstation Allstars Battle Royale... Mostly because of Raiden....

I regret buying a 360 instead of a PS3....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom