• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm hoping Mario Kart 8 at least has a "Double Dash Mode" where you can select two racers.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I would also love character specific specials. Otherwise there is nothing special about me picking toad and baby Mario if they are the same weight class.
I loved in Double-Dash how people would rush to certain characters because they wanted their abilities. In MK Wii when people fought over characters they pretty much fought over skins
Unless of course it was Funky Kong.
Boy do I love me some Funky Kong.

D

Deleted member

How was the general reception back to Hyrule Warriors' announcement ?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Alright, my final prediction for the trailer.
It starts out on the boxing ring stage. Mario is refereeing, and it's a match between DK and, wait is that...
LITTLE MAC PUNCHES IN.
Cut to gameplay, Punch Out Wii theme plays.
Suddenly, when it seems like DK is about to deliver the final blow, a purple figure shoots out of the sidelines, slashing DK.
It's Takamaru! Gameplay, Nazo No Murasame Jo music.
Then, when DK is about to be finished off, KING K. ROOL BUMPS HIM OUT OF THE WAY, ready to fight with his boxing gloves from DK64 on.
Gameplay, Gangplank Galleon.
Little Mac and Takamaru nod, and jump at King K. Rool.
SUPER SMASH BROS FOR WII U AND 3DS.
Coming Winter 2014
A man can dream, right?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, it's not like Sakurai wouldn't have some involvement with the next game after this; he could just take supervising roles only and not be hands-on anymore.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well, it's not like Sakurai wouldn't have some involvement with the next game after this; he could just take supervising roles only and not be hands-on anymore.
It's for the best. Dude's earned a break, I say. That's if he retires anyways.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I honestly wouldn't be upset about it, if anything I would probably look forward to it.

I wanna see what some new blood can come up with and do.
As long as the new guy's just as insane. We'll be in good hands.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm going to laugh if the trailer ends up being Valentine's Day themed where Pit acts as Cupid. Actually, that'd be adorable; I hope they do.
Well Pit does have a Cupid's bow (or whatever it was called, forgot the name) in Uprising after all.....

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I heard me some Uprising, I know this month is the DK hype, so I'm not expecting much on my end. However, someone showed me a post on gamefaqs that interested me. I quote it:

"Lets not forget the connections to Valentines day

Palutena is based off the Goddess Athena from Greek Mythology, Valentines Day is a holiday that originated in Greece, Pit is based off the Mascot for Valentines day, Cupid.

In Kid Icarus Hearts are used as currency, and Palutena apparently collects them as a hobby, to the point of obsession.

Palutena and Pit have ties too Valentines Day, due to their Greek origins, and Pit's/Cupid's association to the holiday it self, one that, mind you, focuses mainly on giving heart shaped gifts. And remember, Pit gives hearts to Palutena, because of her love for Hearts, in exchange for power ups and various other items/weapons."

Still, I'm not getting my hopes up, but that's interesting to know.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You want insane?

Be prepared for the characters to get a lot of pockets though.
Eh, as long as he still gives us the stupid choices we love. I'm fine.
(And I see you're a fellow TV Tropes visitor. Interesting...)

T

Trick or Treat

I heard me some Uprising, I know this month is the DK hype, so I'm not expecting much on my end. However, someone showed me a post on gamefaqs that interested me. I quote it:

"Lets not forget the connections to Valentines day

Palutena is based off the Goddess Athena from Greek Mythology, Valentines Day is a holiday that originated in Greece, Pit is based off the Mascot for Valentines day, Cupid.

In Kid Icarus Hearts are used as currency, and Palutena apparently collects them as a hobby, to the point of obsession.

Palutena and Pit have ties too Valentines Day, due to their Greek origins, and Pit's/Cupid's association to the holiday it self, one that, mind you, focuses mainly on giving heart shaped gifts. And remember, Pit gives hearts to Palutena, because of her love for Hearts, in exchange for power ups and various other items/weapons."

Still, I'm not getting my hopes up, but that's interesting to know.
Sounds legit to me. Actually a pretty good connection. Kinda hoping for Palutena now, even though I've never played a KI game.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Eh, as long as he still gives us the stupid choices we love. I'm fine.
(And I see you're a fellow TV Tropes visitor. Interesting...)
He wouldn't need to put in new charatcers. The amount of pockets he would put on the existing characters would be more then enough.

I don't really visit TVtropes all that much actually. I only got on there once because I saw someone say something interesting about 999/VLR and a search took me there. Otherwise I've never used it.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Sounds legit to me. Actually a pretty good connection. Kinda hoping for Palutena now, even though I've never played a KI game.
I'm in the same boat with KI. But a sassy green-haired magical mamacita should be on everyone's wishlist to begin with.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I've beaten KI: U (great game BTW) and I'm now currently trying to beat Myths and Monsters.
I still have a bunch of Virtual Console games to get though.

I don't really visit TVtropes all that much actually. I only got on there once because I saw someone say something interesting about 999/VLR and a search took me there. Otherwise I've never used it.
I do, there's a few good reads here and there (like one text review I found on Other: M was good). But it's mostly for entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom