• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
What about Nightmare? I mean, he's clearly a "Knight in shining armor". He cares about a person's soul rather than what they look like. That fits in Valentine's day just fine. Y'know, if you ignore him being bloodthirsty. And his demonic arm. And that he consumes souls. Heh.

But I think the Diddy/Dixie thing is plausible to say the least.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
By the time the Direct goes live, it will be Valentine's Day in Japan. Some predict it will be Diddy+Dixie because of the power of love or something, while others think it will be Palutena because angels and Cupids and Greek Mythology. A third faction believes Sakurai will troll us somehow.
If I had to get behind one, I'd choose the second... just cause'

D

Deleted member

I know I'm a bit late but I don't care, I had to do this.

Now it is done,

let me join the hype with you.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So besides Smash Bros., what else are you guys wanting to see?

For me definitely Hyrule Warriors, Kirby Triple Deluxe release date, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, Mario Kart 8, and Yarn Yoshi.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

For me definitely Hyrule Warriors, Kirby Triple Deluxe release date, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, Mario Kart 8, and Yarn Yoshi.
Hyrule Warriors and Mario Kart 8 are my tops right now. Yarn Yoshi would be nice

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I just hope we don't get hyped over nothing. Maybe I'm too skeptical. But I guess that's bound to happen at times. For me, I just want to see when some of the previously announced games get some release dates. Or perhaps, something like Metroid, though I feel like we won't get anything from Metroid until a few more years.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Well, look at that. Class was cancelled AGAIN today. Nothing in the way of me watching that direct now.

Edit: Aside from Smash, I'm hopeful that we'll get to see something from X.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hmm, Mario Kart 8? It looks really good. Visually I mean, some of the tracks are interesting too. Namely the Airport. But I can't really say much else about it. I hope it's as good as MK7, and better than MKWii. Didn't really care for MKWii, the controls were just off to me. Hyrule Warriors though, that seems cool. I just hope they'll do more than just give it a Zelda backdrop. Otherwise it might suffer the same issues many had with Dynasty Warriors.

Also here's a rock cover of Shadowman's theme from Megaman 3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7Z33xzBrmM

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I mostly want more info on Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors and of course, Smash. And Zelda Wii U if there is a chance.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'd like to see more of X, Hyrule Warriors, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem and, of course, Smash Bros.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Besides Smash obviously, all I really care about right now is at least some kind of info regarding Zelda Wii U. Unless there's going to be a Luigi's Mansion game for the Wii U, HD remake or otherwise, I'd be all over that. Of course, if they announce other games then I'd be excited for those as well, I'm just not interested in any of the games we know about besides Tropical Freeze.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I think it would've been quite nice to release Ice Climbers on Valentine's Day. Hopefully we get a double reveal (:

Or a release date.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Anyway, I predict Newcomer. And I have a good reason why.

Sakurai talked about this on both his Twitter and Miiverse. He didn't do this with Luigi to my knowledge.
The "Challenger Approching" banner is down.
And the Smash Youtube Channel is down.

Let's just say, get hyped.

Last edited:

Prototype

Smash Apprentice
Any veteran reveal is possible at this point, tbh. Most likely Diddy.

If we get a newcomer, surely s/he will be from the DK series.

Hoping for Yoshi so those complaining can stop!!

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I'd love to see more on X and SMT x FE, though I kinda doubt the latter.

I kinda want the character reveal to be a surprising one... someone not from the DK series actually. Ah, the reveal would be interesting nonetheless.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion

Mario Kart 8, Kirby Triple Deluxe, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2, X, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Maybe the Valentine's Day reveal will be Wario and Waluigi. It makes perfect sense.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm mostly looking forward to info on Hyrule Warriors, Mario Kart 8, and of course, Smash. I hope to see some Zelda Wii U too.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
-Sakurai mentioned Nintendo Direct in today's Pic of the Day
-Challenger Approaching banner is down on the website
-SSB4 YouTube channel is down

SOMETHING IS COMING.

I CAN FEEL IT!

Staarih

Smash Master
I want more info on Yarn Yoshi, the game looks so darn cute!

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I made this at E3 last year, and I feel like posting it again. :awesome:
hype.jpg

Too bad I won't be able to watch the direct live.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Too bad I won't be able to watch the direct live.
Eh, I find it more hilarious to not watch it, wait a few minutes after it's done, Then go on Gamefaqs. I consider them a barometer for characters.

If they rarely talk about it, then it's a veteran we know about.
If you see fire all over the place? Then it's a newcomer.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

I can't be the only one who'd be more excited over a release date than a character reveal, can I? I know it's supposed to come out in 2014, but I won't feel comfortable until I know when to expect it. Although a newcomer would be very exciting as well. I'm actually kinda hoping it's someone completely out of the loop. So not a leak character like Palutena, nor something highly expected like Dixie. Hoping it's someone who's received very little attention so far.

Hmm, Mario Kart 8? It looks really good. Visually I mean, some of the tracks are interesting too. Namely the Airport. But I can't really say much else about it. I hope it's as good as MK7, and better than MKWii. Didn't really care for MKWii, the controls were just off to me. Hyrule Warriors though, that seems cool. I just hope they'll do more than just give it a Zelda backdrop. Otherwise it might suffer the same issues many had with Dynasty Warriors.

Also here's a rock cover of Shadowman's theme from Megaman 3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7Z33xzBrmM
Eh, aside from the awesome track designs, MK7 wasn't really that good.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

X and Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei.

That's all I care about in upcoming games atm now that Bravely Default was released.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm really looking forward too SSB4 more than anything else. I'm also looking forward to seeing Mario Kart 8. Other than that I'm just want see something that I can get excited for outside of those 2 games. because outside of those 2 games not much excites me.

Well...I am kinda looking forward to X, Shin X Emblem and Yarn Yoshi, but I wouldn't say I'm pumped for them as I am for DKC:TF and SSB4

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It has begun again. The hype train is making no stops. Let's hope we aren't setting ourselves for something minor.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So wanna see Yarn Yoshi finally revealed.

Same for Kirby: TD getting a release date and perhaps more MK8-goodiness.

And hopefully Sayonara Umihara Kawase being announced for European release.

Rest is extra to me.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I can't be the only one who'd be more excited over a release date than a character reveal, can I? I know it's supposed to come out in 2014, but I won't feel comfortable until I know when to expect it. Although a newcomer would be very exciting as well. I'm actually kinda hoping it's someone completely out of the loop. So not a leak character like Palutena, nor something highly expected like Dixie. Hoping it's someone who's received very little attention so far.

Eh, aside from the awesome track designs, MK7 wasn't really that good.
I liked it. Still I think Mario Kart Double Dash and Mario Kart DS were the overall best of them all. But Mario Kart Wii is still my least favorite of the ones I've played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom