• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Flappy turd is what half my chem class was doing when there was a sub once. When I pull out pokemon X, they go "Really man? You still play that sh*t?"
If not for the streetpass I gain in other classes, I would have lost so much faith in my schoolmates...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Flappy turd is what half my chem class was doing when there was a sub once. When I pull out pokemon X, they go "Really man? You still play that sh*t?"
If not for the streetpass I gain in other classes, I would have lost so much faith in my schoolmates...
Because obviously. A game where you fly a bird around pipes is more mature than a popular JRPG. Clearly...

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
ikr

Seriously, even retro enthusiasts(who can be willing to defend truly awful games in the name of nostalgia) aren't willing to defend Ice Climber. It's bad.
I could say the same thing for The Mysterious Murasame Castle, despite me supporting the inclusion of Takamaru.

Then again, a general rule of thumb is that NES/Famicom games feel very archaic.

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
So excited we're finally getting another newcomer! Character reveals are like food to me.

In other words:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The first time I heard of Flappy Bird was when I saw a news article stating the creator was going to remove it from the app store.

People are making a big deal out of the game just because of its removal, but I guess that it will die in a few weeks. Just you watch.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The first time I heard of Flappy Bird was when I saw a news article stating the creator was going to remove it from the app store.

People are making a big deal out of the game just because of its removal, but I guess that it will die in a few weeks. Just you watch.
Well, to be fair, apparently the creator went insane over this. It had to do with it's "unintentional" addictiveness.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

A girl playing it in my 4TH hour started talking about it. After that it was all I heard throughout the hallways.

It's scary. I didn't hear either words before my 4TH hour.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
So how many people here got a visit from Pax? He's in my neighborhood right now. ¦D

And in case you have no idea what I'm talking about for some reason, I mean the winter storm.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
So how many people here got a visit from Pax? He's in my neighborhood right now. ¦D

And in case you have no idea what I'm talking about for some reason, I mean the winter storm.
Me. Everything outside is snowy white, the sky is orange, and it's actually pretty bright.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Well I got a massive snow storm coming tomorrow (8 to 10 inches) So looks like no school for me.

Looks like that Tropical Freeze is coming in full force to New Jersey

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

He came and went over where i am. Many, MANY times a month ago.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Moving this to the Social board:

Metroid almost died with the first game, the second did poorly, and Super's sales was a big reason for the series being dead for so long. It most likely would of went the way of Kid Icarus without SSB. It's a similar situation for Mother, Kid Icarus, Earthboud and most of the cast really.
You're telling only part of a story, there's a lot more going on behind the scenes then that. Super Metroid was initially not a success but due to history looking more fondly upon it many revisited and grew to love it, that change in opinion eventually caused Nintendo to revisit the series which led to Fusion and Prime being created (they did consider a 64 title, but it didn't stick). After that, the series never needed Smash to stay afloat, keeping its success going until Other M's controversy.

Smash may've had a part in getting the series more known, but you're vastly overstating its influence.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Moving this to the Social board:

You're telling only part of a story, there's a lot more going on behind the scenes then that. Super Metroid was initially not a success but due to history looking more fondly upon it many revisited and grew to love it, that change in opinion eventually caused Nintendo to revisit the series which led to Fusion and Prime being created. After that, the series never needed Smash to stay afloat, keeping its success going until Other M's controversy.

Smash may've had a part in getting the series more known, but you're vastly overstating its influence.
There was no VC for history to find it with until the Wii. Metroid's 'golden age' would of been ruined if it was just people simply looking back on it, because Nintendo obviously doesn't care about how popular games get once they're done printing them. Just look at F-Zero, GX is one of the most sought-after GC games, but Nintendo is still ignoring it. Would Uprising have been made (or have gotten popular for that matter) if it weren't for the character's inclusion in SSB?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
There was no VC for history to find it with until the Wii. Metroid's 'golden age' would of been ruined if it was just people simply looking back on it, because Nintendo obviously doesn't care about how popular games get once they're done printing them. Just look at F-Zero, GX is one of the most sought-after GC games, but Nintendo is still ignoring it. Would Uprising have been made (or have gotten popular for that matter) if it weren't for the character's inclusion in SSB?
There were no VCs, but you can cut the price to get more people to buy your product, guess what happened to Super? Getting the game out got it the recognition that it's known for today.

You're comparing Apples to Oranges. Kid Icarus was revisited because of Smash, we know that because of interviews, nothing of the sort exists for Metroid. F-Zero is ignored, but unlike Metroid we know that Miyamoto hasn't given it much thought even years later and it hasn't undergone being "Vindicated by History" either. Also, Sakamoto has went on record to say that after Osawa worked on a game similar to Metroid on 64 he attempted to revive the series on the system, but it didn't take due to being developed late and we already know Super is very fondly remembered knowadays. Smash didn't have anything that was noted to do with Metroid getting revived in that case. So neither of those examples are comparable to Metroid (at least, not yet for F-Zero).

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
GX is a sought after gamecube game? I bought at a used game store for seven bucks a few years back. And I hear people talk about it basically never.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Huh. Due to most likely a lot of people trolling the Miiverse itself, namely when Sakurai posts a picture, we can't comment on the pictures anymore. That sucks, but eh.

Not surprised, since some really stupid stuff was there. Like people pretending they know what will happen or how Sakurai thinks, really dumb Manga/Anime suggestions, some guy spamming "Power puff girls please" and all kinds of other crap. -_-

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Huh. Due to most likely a lot of people trolling the Miiverse itself, namely when Sakurai posts a picture, we can't comment on the pictures anymore. That sucks, but eh.

Not surprised, since some really stupid stuff was there. Like people pretending they know what will happen or how Sakurai thinks, really dumb Manga/Anime suggestions, some guy spamming "Power puff girls please" and all kinds of other crap. -_-
Frankly I'm surprised they weren't locked sooner.

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
I'm hoping for another Pokemon reveal with this direct. Like Pichu or Diggersby.

In all seriousness, I'll be happy just seeing new footage of the game.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
GX is a sought after gamecube game? I bought at a used game store for seven bucks a few years back. And I hear people talk about it basically never.
Used game stores can have good games for cheap. I'm pretty sure it's sought-after, anyway...

Comments lock at about 1000. You can still comment to the ones not there yet.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Comments lock at about 1000. You can still comment to the ones not there yet.
Interestingly enough, somebody pointed that out to me on Miiverse.

Thanks, though.

I do wish they locked out some people from commenting, since there's a lot of dumb trolling. -_-

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I do wish they locked out some people from commenting, since there's a lot of dumb trolling. -_-
And take away all the appeal from Miiverse? No way man. That place is a valuable ongoing social experiment. Every inch of stupidity is pure gold.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I want something exciting revealed.

King K Rool would be the hype

Speaking of which, I was trying to figure out a third fighter in the battle between the Megazord and Godzilla

I started thinking about Gundam

Though my favorite Gundam is

2 giant robos is too many though. Maybe. Need something else

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Yeah i'm leaning towards Diddy & Dixie more and more.
Its going to be a Valentine's Day Jungle Fever special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom