• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I think Dixie is way too much underrated.

Dudes. It's a freakin' ape with a ponytail that can lift up metal barrels. She blows...bubblegum...and she is the girlfriend of Diddy.

What's not to like about her?

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Well I got a massive snow storm coming tomorrow (8 to 10 inches) So looks like no school for me.

Looks like that Tropical Freeze is coming in full force to New Jersey
Lucky jersey! A couple of inches and they always close it for you guys. We got a storm too, and no school closures:glare:
On topic! I'm predicting us getting both a diddy and Dixie trailer for direct. (Seperate characters)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm gonna go ahead and cast a prediction for the upcoming Nintendo Direct- I think Ridley Dixie Kong will be revealed.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
A retweet, an original tweet, AND on Miiverse Pic of the Day?

**** got super real! Now I'm extra hyped for this Nintendo Direct!

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
This is what Sakurai tweeted about the Nintendo Direct: "あ、朝7時にNintendo Directか。早いですな。"

Very roughly translates to: "Ah, a Nintendo Direct at 7 AM? It's early."

I understand Japanese grammar enough to translate simple phrases with a dictionary to figure out the words. My vocabulary is lacking... :p

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This is what Sakurai tweeted about the Nintendo Direct: "あ、朝7時にNintendo Directか。早いですな。"

Very roughly translates to: "Ah, a Nintendo Direct at 7 AM? It's early."

I understand Japanese grammar enough to translate simple phrases with a dictionary to figure out the words. My vocabulary is lacking... :p
Ah, cool.

...Also, shouldn't your title be "Cold and Darkness"? Wraith is Darkness, but how is Frost Light? >_>

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ah, cool.

...Also, shouldn't your title be "Cold and Darkness"? Wraith is Darkness, but how is Frost Light? >_>
My title is not an allusion to my username, but to my avatar. (Although frost can reflect the sun's light or any other light source... :p)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
My title is not an allusion to my username, but to my avatar. (Although frost can reflect the sun's light or any other light source... :p)
That explain is not cool enough. But fairy nuff.

Note that Fairies are sometimes used in place of Angels name-wise. That's a Yu-Gi-Oh trait. Just in case the joke flew over your head. :p

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm back from Facebook and people are saying that Sakurai showing so much attention to this Direct practically confirms a new character.

I dunno about that, but it's defiantly likely. My Valintines Day WAS gonna just be me breeding a crap ton of Riolus and then leveling my Nord to 70- you know, the forever alone thing, but at least I have something to look out for.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

You say something? :troll:
Am I the only one who thinks that picture was a bit too... Obvious?

I suppose not, but-- OMG I FORGOT TO TELL Y'ALL SOMETHING!

I was able to transfer my Shiny Pokemon from B2 recently. So now I have four flawless shinies- Terrakion, Dragonite, Gyrados, & Breloom. :D

T

Trick or Treat

I start work at 4:15 and this Direct is at 5...I'm too impatient to wait until break to see the news!
Fortunately, with the snow, we'll probably only get like 3 customers all night. That's what happened last time.

So I could just check the news right away.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
All the idiots on Miiverse think that Palutena could be revealed today without considering A.) Tropical Freeze just came out today. B.) She has absolutely nothing to do with Valentine's Day. I like Palutena and all, but she's better off being shown in another Nintendo Direct.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I don't really think it's any more stupid then any other guess, Tropical Freeze coming out may not have anything to do with what will be shown at all, that's just an assumption that being made just like every other assumption about tonight's event. There is actually alot of references in regards to Hearts in the kid icarus games so I wouldn't say it's entirely impossible. Of course that assuming they go for the valentine theme in regards to the reveal at all.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion

You say something? :troll:
Team Plasma's going to have a hard time swallowing this one.

As for Direct discussion, I guess the best I can do is approach it with a neutralist viewpoint and low expectations. Although, I'm leaning more towards Palutena even as I see Diddy or Dixie, so I could very well be shooting myself in the foot here. Why do we even need the Valentine's Day theme to correlate with every game reveal present in the Direct? Let alone a Smash 4 one?

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Hope you guys aren't expecting Diddy & Dixie. All the signs are clearly pointing to
Wrinkly Kong in her sports outfit.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
All the idiots on Miiverse think that Palutena could be revealed today without considering A.) Tropical Freeze just came out today. B.) She has absolutely nothing to do with Valentine's Day. I like Palutena and all, but she's better off being shown in another Nintendo Direct.
As much as I like Palutena, I know that this direct would have to go to the DK series. It needs more love, really. Now March is something more likely for the Goddess of Light.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Totally can't wait for Palutena next month! :grin:
It is an absolutely perfect time to reveal her.
And we could go on and on about it together, but let's wait til after the direct, or you prefer to do it now before the DK overload comes? And this Direct is coming at 2pm pacific, right?
(Still wish I could have random talk with you on Skype though, especially when bored)

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Wouldn't all Wrinky have to do is possess her sports outfit and visibly manifest her spirit to give the illusion that she's occupying the suit?

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
But.. Wrinkly is dead. But I think it's still possible to slip on a sports outfit :troll:
I don't think you understand, Wrinkly Kong and Wrinkly Kong in her sports outfit are 2 separate characters. :awesome:

Dead Wrinkly Kong wouldn't be a bad choice either. Smash needs more deceased character representation. It has enough females already

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Still gonna find yer skype though. D:

But in the meantime, Cranky might actually be the one to be next. I mean think about it: Rosalina had some string of rep by being playable some recent games (Mario 3d world mostly noted), and then a buildup to her arrival. For Cranky, his "promotion" Reggie was talking about on that one thing that I forgot it was, then Tropical Freeze showing off bout him being playable. You never know that it could be him instead of the Dixie that players may be speculating.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
By the time the Direct goes live, it will be Valentine's Day in Japan. Some predict it will be Diddy+Dixie because of the power of love or something, while others think it will be Palutena because angels and Cupids and Greek Mythology. A third faction believes Sakurai will troll us somehow.

Well, you're all wrong. This game is being developed by Namco Bandai (or is it Bandai Namco because name change shenanigans?) and it is a fighting game, right? Guys, Ivy Valentine from Soul Calibur confirmed.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I don't think you understand, Wrinkly Kong and Wrinkly Kong in her sports outfit are 2 separate characters. :awesome:

Dead Wrinkly Kong wouldn't be a bad choice either. Smash needs more deceased character representation. It has enough females already
Well, we already got Mega Man! That's a start. :troll:

Imagine in (if) Dixie's reveal trailer we see Cranky Kong take the spotlight in a focus shot before Dixie smacks him out of the way with her tail and takes it up. Vice versa of this could always happen and that's not gonna sink well with many.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Hold on. I thought of the perfect veterans to reveal for Valentine's Day: the Ice Climbers! They are supposed to have a bond so close that they mimic each other's actions after all. Why can't we have them instead and save the Kongs for our Tropical Freeze release?

Well, you're all wrong. This game is being developed by Namco Bandai (or is it Bandai Namco because name change shenanigans?) and it is a fighting game, right? Guys, Ivy Valentine from Soul Calibur confirmed.
We could always get Jill Valentine from Resident Evil, Ramlethral Valentine from Guilty Gear Xrd, or even Valentine from Skullgirls. The possibilities, man!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
By the time the Direct goes live, it will be Valentine's Day in Japan. Some predict it will be Diddy+Dixie because of the power of love or something, while others think it will be Palutena because angels and Cupids and Greek Mythology. A third faction believes Sakurai will troll us somehow.

It could be a secret Pit costume of him wearing red and using the Angel Bow. After all, defeating opponents with a CuPit that's shooting heart projectiles is so satisfying that you can't help but love it, right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom