• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I really hoped the Blue Falcon cameo in MK Wii meant we'd get a Falcon Kart before anything.

Foe IsmaR's Defense fell!
Are you willing to sacrifice the blood of your firstborn son to get another F-Zero game? I think that's the only way we're getting one.

Double Dash is by far the best Mario Kart
One of my favorite Gamecube titles. Characters having signature attacks made picking someone more important. Also no one can handle the Mario and Koopa Troopa combo. Shells and Fireballs everywhere.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I noticed that the Nintendo 3DS eShop hasn't got a proper update today and it's been an hour since the time the eShop usually updates (Wii U however has been updated).

I DEFINITELY smell some surprise eShop titles in this Nintendo Direct! :bee:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I didn't even mean a full-fledged game. I meant like Falcon being playable in MK8 or something.
Oh, well in that case, better just sacrifice your dog then. If you don't have one, then buy one, and sacrifice it once you've got attached to it. Don't know why, but thing happen faster when some sort of ritual is involved. :p

Funky Kong only, No Karts, Final Destination? That sound right.

Last edited:

MasterLuigi

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2835-8943
Are you willing to sacrifice the blood of your firstborn son to get another F-Zero game? I think that's the only way we're getting one.

One of my favorite Gamecube titles. Characters having signature attacks made picking someone more important. Also no one can handle the Mario and Koopa Troopa combo. Shells and Fireballs everywhere.
I remember arguing over who gets to use King Boo and Petey because they can use anyone's special item.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
They need to bring the items exclusive to certain characters in Mario Kart like they had in Double Dash. That was my favorite aspect honestly. It made the two-person karts more meaningful.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Oh, well in that case, better just sacrifice your dog then. If you don't have one, then buy one, and sacrifice it once you've got attached to it. Don't know why, but thing happen faster when some sort of ritual is involved. :p
Yesterday was the one-year anniversary of getting my latest dog. At the time, I think I'd prefer not to do so.

Also, relevant:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Yesterday was the one-year anniversary of getting my latest dog. At the time, I think I'd prefer not to do so.

Also, relevant:
Someday he will return! And it'll be glorious!

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

I actually didn't care for Double Dash as much. I mean, it could be a lot better with a few modifications and all, but I like MKW a lot. I like how there are 12 racers as opposed to 8, and I like how all the computer players, for the most part, actually have a chance of winning. I always hated how in DD, and MK7 now, that there'd be maybe 2 CPU's that you'd see if you were a decent player. It's not as fun like that.

Character-specific items would be cool to bring back, however.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
My Prediction for the Smash 4 Trailer:
- Starts out with Kirby
- Looks like another game at first even though it's actually Smash Bros
- Surprise! It's actually *insert name here*'s trailer!
- Gameplay
- Ending Scene
I'll just stick with this for every trailer until release unless I am proved wrong.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I actually didn't care for Double Dash as much. I mean, it could be a lot better with a few modifications and all, but I like MKW a lot. I like how there are 12 racers as opposed to 8, and I like how all the computer players, for the most part, actually have a chance of winning. I always hated how in DD, and MK7 now, that there'd be maybe 2 CPU's that you'd see if you were a decent player. It's not as fun like that.

Character-specific items would be cool to bring back, however.
That's why we have online mode.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
What, is this Pirates of the Caribbean? :troll:

I didn't even mean a full-fledged game. I meant like Falcon being playable in MK8 or something.
Blue Falcon was a selectable kart in MKWii. Hope we get that again, at the very least.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I must be a MK7 god then because in almost every WW I've played in I've led the pack by 8 miles. As a small character too. I found that really boring.
I'm okay. I can hold on, but especially with higher leveled opponents is where I begin to fall.
Though, I haven't played the game in forever. So there's that.

It happens when you get carried away listening to Crocodile Cacophony while posting. :troll:
And this is why I spend my time listening to C64 music.

...What?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
It happens when you get carried away listening to Crocodile Cacophony while posting. :troll:
Ah, thanks for the idea.
Now I know what to do in the meantime while I wait for the Direct. Although it will probably hype myself up for K. Rool and then I'll be disappointed when the reveal isn't him. :urg:
And this is why I spend my time listening to C64 music.
...What?
Dude...
C64 music is so good...

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Dude...
C64 music is so good...
Oh trust me, FalKoopa can tell you (How you ask? Well, it has to do with games, and Bob-ombs... It's a long story really). I am a big nerd when it comes to older games.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You can't handle the team of Wario and Toadette in Wario's Pimpmobile. (The co-op between me and a friend)

Or the team of Birdo and Daisy in the Turbo Birdo (The team I troll said friend with when not co-op).

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Double Dash was hella unique. I loved using Diddy and Yoshi as the drivers. I think it's only shortcoming was that it felt quite short in means of replayability, though it couldn't have been helped due no online being around that time.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Double Dash was hella unique. I loved using Diddy and Yoshi as the drivers. I think it's only shortcoming was that it felt quite short in means of replayability, though it could have been helped due no online being around that time.
Another Double Dash would be great.
I feel that Mario Kart 8 is using ideas from Double Dash, such as holding the items in the driver's hands.
So that's a good sign.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Double Dash was hella unique. I loved using Diddy and Yoshi as the drivers. I think it's only shortcoming was that it felt quite short in means of replayability, though it could have been helped due no online being around that time.
Funny thing: Double Dash actually supported use of the Gamecube's LAN adapter. Though it didn't use it to go online for some reason....

MasterLuigi

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2835-8943
Should I wait until Smash 4 releases to buy a Wii U? I'm thinking I could save some money if there is a Wii U bundled with Super Smash Bros.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

Funny thing: Double Dash actually supported use of the Gamecube's LAN adapter. Though it didn't use it to go online for some reason....
Yeah, I remember that - but it was quite primitive back when it came out. Quite sad because it would have been fun to play this game worldwide.

MK8 though seems to use the whole item holding mechanic from DD - I hope we can pick both styles depending on the usage we do with the item (Front is Double Dash-style and Back is much like most Mario Karts )

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
They really need to bring back the two-person karts from Double Dash in a future game, like make it an option.

----
I would also love character specific specials. Otherwise there is nothing special about me picking toad and baby Mario if they are the same weight class.
I loved in Double-Dash how people would rush to certain characters because they wanted their abilities. In MK Wii when people fought over characters they pretty much fought over skins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom