• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Besides smash, Im hoping for inazuma eleven localization in US and a new game reveal too.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I'm personally holding out for a random WTF veteran reveal, like :gw:, :zerosuitsamus:, :rob:, :lucas:, or :popo:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The problem is, Ice Climber isn't good/fun enough to bother trying to get to the killscreen.

:troll:
You're not trolling, you're right. It's an awful game.

Still, my list would be:
[collapse="Smash 64 characters"]
-Donkey Kong (Mario)
-Donkey Kong Country (Donkey Kong)
-The Legend of Zelda (Link)
-Metroid (Samus)
-Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (Yoshi)
-Kirby's Dreamland (Kirby)
-Star Fox (Fox)
-Pokémon Yellow Version (Pikachu)
===
-Pokémon Pinball (Jigglypuff)
-F-Zero G/X (or A/X) (Captain Falcon)
-Mario Bros. (Luigi)
-EarthBound/MOTHER 2 (Ness)[/collapse]
[collapse="Melee characters"]
-Super Mario Bros. 2/Super Mario USA (Peach)
-Super Mario Bros. (Bowser)
-Ice Climber (The Ice Climbers)
-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Master's Quest and 3D will work as well) (Sheik)
-The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (Zelda)
===
-Dr. Mario (Dr. Mario)
-The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Ganon[dorf])
-The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Young Link)
-Star Fox 64 3D (a remake of Star Fox 64) (Falco)
-Pokémon HeartGold and/or SoulSilver Version (Pichu)
-Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (Marth)
-Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade (Roy)
-Pokémon X & Y (Mewtwo)
-Game & Watch Gallery (Mr. Game & Watch)[/collapse]
[collapse="Brawl characters"]
-Kid Icarus (Pit)
-Nightmare in Dreamland (a remake of Kirby's Adventure) (Meta Knight)
-Metroid Fusion (Zero Suit Samus)
-Wario Land 3 (Wario... like, the real WARIO!!!)
-Metal Gear Solid ([Solid] Snake)
-Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (Ike)
-Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (Diddy)
-Pokémon Puzzle League (Pokémon Trainer... because I CAN!!!)
-Pokémon Stadium (Squirtle)
-Pokémon Stadium 2 (Ivysaur)
-Pokémon FireRed Version (Charizard)
-MOTHER 3 (Lucas)
-Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog)
-Kirby 64 (King Dedede)
-Pikmin 3 (Pikmin & Captain Olimar)
===
-Pokémon Platinum Version (Lucario)
-Gyromite (R.O.B.)
-The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (The HD Wii U re-release preferably) (Toon Link)
-Star Fox Assault (Wolf)[/collapse]
[collapse="For the Wii U and 3DS characters"]
-Animal Crossing: New Leaf (The Villager)
-Mega Man 2 (Mega Man)
-Wii Fit U (Wii Fit Trainer)
-Super Mario Galaxy (Rosalina)[/collapse]

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
If you've finished a game during or before the announcement of Smash I'd count it.

Any mod: Would it be allowed to be posted in here?
It's the social thread, off-topicness thrives here.
Though, I would recommend putting this on a different thread (best place would be the Lighthouse).

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I don't think a character will be revealed in the ND because well why would they, if it was a newcomer i'd say wait till E3 because when the game was announced, 6 months later we got a newcomer (Rosalina). (since her reveal) till E3 would be another 6 months

so in conclusion, a newcomer (or maybe multiple) may get revealed every 6 months

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't think a character will be revealed in the ND because well why would they, if it was a newcomer i'd say wait till E3 because when the game was announced, 6 months later we got a newcomer (Rosalina). (since her reveal) till E3 would be another 6 months

so in conclusion, a newcomer (or maybe multiple) may get revealed every 6 months
We've only have one newcomer outside of E3. When we get a second, we can talk patterns.

Velvet Phoenix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonic204
I never really understand what we're supposed to talk about here. Over at IGN our Wii U community thread is full of anime and Pokemon... but this place seems mostly Smash Bros.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

There's no law saying we can only get one newcomer per 6 months. The game would be out by the time the next two newcomers revealed if that was the case (and it wasn't for Brawl).

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
It's the social thread, off-topicness thrives here.
Though, I would recommend putting this on a different thread (best place would be the Lighthouse).
Yeah I'm thinking the lighthouse if I can't put it here; it seems like the best place.
Retro Studios should remake Ice Climbers after they're done with the DKCR trilogy.
DKCR is a trilogy? News to me.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I never really understand what we're supposed to talk about here. Over at IGN our Wii U community thread is full of anime and Pokemon... but this place seems mostly Smash Bros.
This is simply a general thread with more leniency towards off-topic stuff than the other, more specific threads.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
This is simply a general thread with more leniency towards off-topic stuff than the other, more specific threads.
I was more referring to the board, not here. Here's way too active; it'd be dug up only ever few months at best
With the original DKC games being a trilogy, having DKCR follow suit would be rather fitting.

But you're right, there has not been any confirmation on this point (that I know of).
None. For all we know we could see even more; I don't know. It's too early to say but Returns sold really well.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
ikr

Seriously, even retro enthusiasts(who can be willing to defend truly awful games in the name of nostalgia) aren't willing to defend Ice Climber. It's bad.
I mean, the controls are slippery, it's all literally just like 2 levels over and over again, the enemies are easy, and the game isn't really that challenging.

The game is the definition of bare boned. It was sub-par even for its' time, which is why if not for Smash, history would have forgotten about it.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I mean, the controls are slippery, it's all literally just like 2 levels over and over again, the enemies are easy, and the game isn't really that challenging.

The game is the definition of bare boned. It was sub-par even for its' time, which is why if not for Smash, history would have forgotten about it.
To be fair, the character we got from it is among the best of them. Not to mention one of the most unique.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well then, maybe we'll have a release date for Bayonetta 2. That is, if we haven't got one already, I don't remember hearing about it.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Seriously, even retro enthusiasts(who can be willing to defend truly awful games in the name of nostalgia) aren't willing to defend Ice Climber. It's bad.
I'll defend it. Sure it's got asinine jumping controls. But, I still enjoy it. And yes I will defend it for nostalgia. I bought it from GameXChange along with an NES when I was little.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
We'll probably be getting release dates for Mario Kart 8, X and Bayonetta 2. We may also know more information about Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei, as it's been more than a year since they unveiled the game and no news about the game have been revealed since then.

Of course, we may also have a bit of Smash Bros. info, as every major Direct since the unveiling of the game had information about it.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
We'll probably be getting release dates for Mario Kart 8, X and Bayonetta 2. We may also know more information about Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei, as it's been more than a year since they unveiled the game and no news about the game have been revealed since then.

Of course, we may also have a bit of Smash Bros. info, as every major Direct since the unveiling of the game had information about it.
They better bring back Metal Mario! I'll be so pissed if they take him out after reviving him from Mario Golf in TWO games.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm predicting at least one of the two Yoshi titles. Hopefully Yarn Yoshi.

But the question is, what?
Diddy? Sure. But this is Sakurai we're referring to. For all we know, he'll just showcase the Banana Peel.

They better bring back Metal Mario! I'll be so pissed if they take him out after reviving him from Mario Golf in TWO games.
Or better yet, his triumphant return to Smash.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Wasn't Mario Kart 8's release date given out? May 8th or something like that. Bayonetta's release seems possible. Not sure about X though, we haven't gotten much info on it as the others, seems like it could be released post E3. But that's just my guess.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I know. I wonder if it's because he's just as sick of people talking about it as I am.
From what I could look up. He hated the addictiveness of it. It was meant to be a game you play for five minutes.
But there's those people out there...

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
From what I could look up. He hated the addictiveness of it. It was meant to be a game you play for five minutes.
But there's those people out there...
Wow! I've never heard of somebody taking something back because it was better than they expected it to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom