• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
I dunno, I'd personally like to avoid the talk about the Samus alts, if I'm honest.

A lot of people are very fast to say "OMG FEMINISTS ARE GONNA COMPLAIN" without looking at the term "feminism" actually means and it's seriously starting to bother me.

The new alts are a really cool throwback to Zero Mission and let's leave it at that.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was watching this thing and it said a problem with feminism is that it implies believing people are equal is not something people are naturally born into but something that is indoctrinated.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
So where's the part where feminists (aka hypocritical morons) start complaining about Samus' midriff and shorts for turning a strong women into a sexualized tool?
I'm waiting for the inevitable awful "Is this objectifying blahhh" Kotaku article. We all know it's coming.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
So where's the part where feminists (aka hypocritical morons) start complaining about Samus' midriff and shorts for turning a strong women into a sexualized tool?
I dare someone to act up:

I actually thought the costume was pretty boss seeing how i actually recognized which game it came from.

I hope Sakurai includes Hyrule Warrior alt costumes for Link, Zelda and Ganondorf....and don't forget Luchador Pikachu

D

Deleted member

Oh cool, new outfits. I don't use Zamus, but good for everyone who does!

As for Brinstar, if the next Melee stage was also in Brawl, I'm betting the only Melee stages will be the ones that were in Brawl.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Why does every discussion about women on this forum dissolve into defining what feminism is? Can't women just wear what they want and it not be a freakishly huge deal? Honestly, I think the way women's personalities are sometimes portrayed is significantly more offensive than what they wear. I'd be more accepting of a character with watermelon like boobs than someone who was vapid or tedious.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Why does every discussion about women on this forum dissolve into defining what feminism is? Can't women just wear what they want and it not be a freakishly huge deal? Honestly, I think the way women's personalities are sometimes portrayed is significantly more offensive than what they wear. I'd be more accepting of a character with watermelon like boobs than someone who was vapid or tedious.
I agree. I may be a supporter of more females in Smash, but this shenanigans is going a bit too far.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I've only seen discussions about ZSS turn into that because people made a huge deal out of jet heels.

Which I would wear regardless of the fact I'm a guy. ...And I can't walk in heels.
I've tried.

:troll:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It's good to see some throw back costumes in Smash 4. I would be so hyped for Luchador Pikachu and Helmetless Megaman.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I've only seen discussions about ZSS turn into that because people made a huge deal out of jet heels.

Which I would wear regardless of the fact I'm a guy. ...And I can't walk in heels.
I've tried.

:troll:
I can run in heels, and I am a guy. I had to for a play once, ah the memories.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Regardless of what people may think about it, I think it does go (undeniably) a bit into fanservice territory.

I personally don't mind it much.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
This costume makes me think that there'll be a Zero Mission stage for the 3DS.
Considering Zero Mission is a remake of the NES game, you can kind of consider Brinstar as a stage from Zero Mission stage, even though Melee was released before Zero Mission.

Anyway, I think we'll see a new Metroid stage on the 3DS version. Likewise, I'm sure we'll see a new DK stage and a new Sonic stage. I think it wouldn't make sense to have a series solely represented by a past stage.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Considering Zero Mission is a remake of the NES game, you can kind of consider Brinstar as a stage from Zero Mission stage, even though Melee was released before Zero Mission.

Anyway, I think we'll see a new Metroid stage on the 3DS version. Likewise, I'm sure we'll see a new DK stage and a new Sonic stage. I think it wouldn't make sense to have a series solely represented by a past stage.
Sonic's 3DS stage is Green Hill.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So my gaming store has a big display for Smash.

Though there hasn't been any new information displayed there.

Additionally, 7/11 is now advertising the game. The one near my aparent has a banner, a poster, and a LCD display screen near the register showing the game off. I only got these two pics.

My camera is broken so the quality is crap.

Attachments

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Q: Why does Zero Suit Samus wear shorts?
A: Because they're comfy and easy to wear!

Sorry, I meant a stage from Metroid Fusion, my bad.

Last edited:

Nielicus

Smash Lord
True dat
I just want shirtless Ike alt tbh

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sorry, I meant a stage from Metroid Fusion, my bad.
Fusion or Metroid II seem to be the best games for a 3DS stage. Or maybe we'll see something from Prime Hunters...

True dat
I just want shirtless Ike alt tbh
I don't recall seeing Ike shirtless in any of his games...

Sure, ZSS's new costume is fanservice-y (rather tame, if I do say so myself) but is a homage to the endings of several Metroid games anyway. All costumes so far have been allusions to games the characters come from.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Sure, ZSS's new costume is fanservice-y (rather tame, if I do say so myself) but is a homage to the endings of several Metroid games anyway. All costumes so far have been allusions to games the characters come from.
Robin and Lucina wearing a swimsuit. :awesome:

Twewy

Smash Lord
So I'm reading up about this lady named Zoe Quinn who made some stupid game called Depression Quest.

Holy hell, this is a wild ride.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Kinda OT I guess but does anyone else here play Harvest Moon? They're all so cute and I've been a fan since I was 5
The only one I've played as of right now is the Harvest Moon 1 for the GBC.
It took me a while to get into it, but for what it's worth I like it.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'll be honest though, it could be much worse.
It could've been Metroid's bikini.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom