• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Fusion or Metroid II seem to be the best games for a 3DS stage. Or maybe we'll see something from Prime Hunters...

I don't recall seeing Ike shirtless in any of his games...

Sure, ZSS's new costume is fanservice-y (rather tame, if I do say so myself) but is a homage to the endings of several Metroid games anyway. All costumes so far have been allusions to games the characters come from.
It reminds me of the dying animation when her suit breaks open in that one metroid game for GBA, not a huge fan but it was free for ambassadors lol

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
So I'm reading up about this lady named Zoe Quinn who made some stupid game called Depression Quest.

Holy hell, this is a wild ride.
Its weird on Reddit all comments to do with a post relating that have been deleted.

Last edited:

Twewy

Smash Lord
Its weird on Reddit all comments to do with a post relating that have been deleted.
It's actually like that all across the Internet. 4chan, Tumblr, Twitter, Wikipedia, NeoGAF, etc. This censorship is getting out of hand, in my personal opinion.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
You mean Lucina in a yukata.

Yes, but Lucina in bikini is also possible. You've to jump through some hoops to get that one, though.

It's actually like that all across the Internet. 4chan, Tumblr, Twitter, Wikipedia, NeoGAF, etc. This censorship is getting out of hand, in my personal opinion.
Yeah, this situation is becoming really insane. I miss the point why the Internet shouldn't be allowed to talk about it.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Yeah, this situation is becoming really insane. I miss the point why the Internet shouldn't be allowed to talk about it.
Smashboards is honestly the only place I've seen discussion of this topic that hasn't been censored.

From /v/, a list of websites that are censoring this topic:
>4CHAN (Specifically /b/, /pol/, and /v/)
>REDDIT (Specifically /r/gaming, /r/games, and /r/SRD)
>DESTRUCTOID
>IGN
>KOTAKU
>CRACKED
>TWITTER
>TUMBLR
>GIANTBOMB
>ROCKPAPERSHOTGUN
>GAMEFAQS
>GAMESTOP
>ZELDAUNIVERSE
>INFORWARS
>NATIONSTATES
>GAMASUTRA
>GAWKER
>STEAM
>SOMETHING AWFUL
>THE ESCAPIST
>WIKIPEDIA
>TVTROPES
>WAYBACK MACHINE

D

Deleted member

At it's core, its to defend the gaming journalism industry, from what I can gather, all with a good bit of SJW discussion. I try not to get into any of it though, it's all just a big mess. Though like TB said if you bothered to read what he said, cooler heads will prevail.

Last edited by a moderator:

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Smashboards is honestly the only place I've seen discussion of this topic that hasn't been censored.

From /v/, a list of websites that are censoring this topic:
>4CHAN (Specifically /b/, /pol/, and /v/)
>REDDIT (Specifically /r/gaming, /r/games, and /r/SRD)
>DESTRUCTOID
>IGN
>KOTAKU
>CRACKED
>TWITTER
>TUMBLR
>GIANTBOMB
>ROCKPAPERSHOTGUN
>GAMEFAQS
>GAMESTOP
>ZELDAUNIVERSE
>INFORWARS
>NATIONSTATES
>GAMASUTRA
>GAWKER
>STEAM
>SOMETHING AWFUL
>THE ESCAPIST
>WIKIPEDIA
>TVTROPES
>WAYBACK MACHINE
isn't that almost every video game site possible lol.

Twewy

Smash Lord
isn't that almost every video game site possible lol.
Not every one of them. Believe it or not, Forbes is going to be doing an article on this.

Now this is where the ride gets interesting. Giant plastic skulls shooting flames and glowing eyes and stuff.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Hell and blood, what's going on with this "Depression Quest" thing? This is a bit more than just "damage control." It's like they're trying to erase evidence of this entire thing off the digital map.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Twewy

Smash Lord
Hell and blood, what's going with this "Depression Quest" thing? This is a bit more than just "damage control." It's like they're trying to erase evidence of this entire thing off the digital map.

Smooth Criminal
To summarize it? Zoe Quinn, the creator of Depression Quest, slept with five journalists while already being in a relationship in order to have positive articles written on the game. One of said journalists happened to be her own boss.

Apparently Quinn is Yuri or something, she's mass mind-controlling the gaming journalism to be more corrupt than it already is.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
To summarize it? Zoe Quinn, the creator of Depression Quest, slept with five journalists while already being in a relationship in order to have positive articles written on the game. One of said journalists happened to be her own boss.

Apparently Quinn is Yuri or something, she's mass mind-controlling the gaming journalism to be more corrupt than it already is.
...I don't know what to say.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I don't recall seeing Ike shirtless in any of his games...
Alright then...

Some male costumes to please the ladies (and gentlemen):

We have characters like Little Mac and Hii Fit Trainer who do show more skin, however, we need a male alt costume to rival Samus in shorts:

Shirtless Link (TP)

Underwear ad Shulk

Shirtless Pit

Chrom swimsuit for Robin's FS

Dark Mage Robin

PANTLESS MARF!!

Other ideas:

- Shirtless Little Mac (not talking about FS = ugly). I mean, he's is a boxer
- If Snake returns, something sexy
- Helmetless Captain Falcon. I'd like to see his pretty face. And don't be a baby, we've seen him without a helmet in the games and anime
- Helmetless Mega Man. Dem shotas.
- Speedo Wario
- etc etc

MANservice ;) :troll:

Last edited:

Twewy

Smash Lord
Plot twist: there's no posts because they're all being deleted
Does this look like Reddit to you?

Oh, and speaking of deletion, the N4G article on this situation got deleted too.

This woman is part of the friggin' Illuminati.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But seriously, what precisely make ZSS' new design and alts "sexist" ?

I just ask, because I do not think I have the same definition of sexism as some other people.

Twewy

Smash Lord

I just ask, because I do not think I have the same definition of sexism as some other people.
Apparently if you show skin you're sexist pig who needs to check their privilege.

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346

I think it's stupid how some people consider ZSS's designs "sexist". If they think that's sexist, then I can only imagine how they react to R34.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Alright then...

Some male costumes to please the ladies (and gentlemen):

We have characters like Little Mac and Hii Fit Trainer who do show more skin, however, we need a male alt costume to rival Samus in shorts:

Shirtless Link (TP)

Underwear ad Shulk

Shirtless Pit

Chrom swimsuit for Robin's FS

Dark Mage Robin

PANTLESS MARF!!

Other ideas:

- Shirtless Little Mac (not talking about FS = ugly). I mean, he's is a boxer
- If Snake returns, something sexy
- Helmetless Captain Falcon. I'd like to see his pretty face. And don't be a baby, we've seen him without a helmet in the games and anime
- Helmetless Mega Man. Dem shotas.
- Speedo Wario
- etc etc

MANservice ;) :troll:
All these guys have such developed pecs. I'm so jealous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom