• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

"Pic of the day. Looking at the number of days we have left for development, it would be an impossible task to create this… That's what I told my staff. But thanks to the determination of her female designer, these Zero Suit outfits got completed in time. From the ending of Metroid: Zero Mission, here's Samus in shorts!"

Hawt.
Let's play a game kids!
I call it, "How Long Will it take for the Internet to Make an Issue Out of This?"
I say exactly 2 hours!

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh, hey we get more alternate costumes. That's always good to see. Still gonna use Hoodie Little Mac.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm definitely going to be using this when I play as Zero Suit Samus.
Who I no longer have to hold L+R+X on the character select screen to use.
This game is going to be so much better than Brawl!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm definitely going to be using this when I play as Zero Suit Samus.
Who I no longer have to hold L+R+X on the character select screen to use.
This game is going to be so much better than Brawl!
You have learned well, young grasshopper.

Anyway, on a scale of 1-Ridley, what does Samus have to say towards you-know-what day tomorrow? :troll:

floofymoofysheep

Smash Rookie
NNID
trixie08
3DS FC
3196-3867-7416
Kinda OT I guess but does anyone else here play Harvest Moon? They're all so cute and I've been a fan since I was 5

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was telling my friend about a girl I like and he's going to go to where she works and see what she looks like

...I feel like I'm being judged...

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Social Thread Crack Fic Status Update:

This thing still exists.

I made some progress tonight, and hope to get Act III out this week (as it's been two weeks since the last update).

As Justin Bailey is my witness, I will see this thing through.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL to me feels like the part of Warcraft 3 I didn't like

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Social Thread Crack Fic Status Update:

This thing still exists.

I made some progress tonight, and hope to get Act III out this week (as it's been two weeks since the last update).

As Justin Bailey is my witness, I will see this thing through.
It's fine. I have seen longer cases of development hell. ;)

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I know I'm like dozens of pages late since I skiped this alert, but this made my day.
@ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 is going to murder someone today.
Was quoting this:

I did remember Game Informer giving Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door a 6.5 for bad writing now that you've reminded me. They had to issue an apology letter later on because of fan complaints. :troll:

That is just hilarious. Not the rating, but the letter. You pretty much have to mash b to not like the text since.. well, it;s made for one purpose: to be read. Maybe he did that and found there was too much?

Because let me bring numbers: There's a ton of txt file in the /msg/US folder in the disc. In total, they take 2 mb. That's JUST text and 2 mb is a lot (wonder how much animal crossing took since it's probably the most on the gamecube).

And that's not all: there's a file called global.txt which is...global text. The majority of it is Tattle log text of gombella tattle in battle. That's the biggest txt file btw.

Add the "msg_kuri_map" at the end of most map txt file which is the text after pressing x on Gombella and I think it might be enough for a small novel and maybe an average one on just her texts.

However, the text is made to make you want to read. Just the font with the bubbles along with text effects made that on me. And of course, hilarious jokes (that's the first game I saw to even acknowledge that a joke was breaking the 4th wall even tough it's obvious).

Basically, to note this as "bad", you would have to not like reading in general even with the appeal of the text itself. Just mashing the text will make it look bad since there's so much, but it's so worthy to read every of them (except that 100 jokes where you literally have to mash, but that's the joke itself).

That's the only way I would possibly not like the writing on first playtrough. This makes me wonder tough and then, we'll see if it's at least consistent:

What was their opinion on Earthbound writing?

It's long to explain, but I have a theory that the first 2 games have been inspired by the mother series on a lot of aspect. I could provide several evidences and one of them is really obvious, but if they liked the writing...I would like to see his reasons because it shouldn't make sense.

Also, the fact that they had to apology shows how it was understood. I have to say that I never wanted to read by looking at the text itself and the font, but this was done in a way that I just want to make bubbles pops for the heck of seeing it.

At least it wasn't because music. If one gives a bad rating due to music, I swear I could write a 10 pages essay on how it's not because of the music, but tastes. There's 2 major reasons I see to prefer pm64 over TTYD: nostalgia and tastes. The later really differs but it never says that the other game is "bad", just not matching the tastes.

Can you provide me the article? I might have a good laugh depending on how they tell "bad writing".

D

Deleted member

Made this Meta Knight drawing just now. To draw this, I had to use the offline mode found in Miiverse 3DS to avoid connection errors. Not the best thing made by me, but yeah.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
/late but might as well
Generally speaking, there's those people out there that aren't really goody two shoes folks, but they just end up staying out of trouble.
You're one of those people. ^o^ For now. :evil:
/Also late.
I find it kinda funny that you assume I'm not a goody two shoes kinda person outside of this kinda thing. :p

I mostly am, though.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ooh, I just found out there is an entire movie dedicated to how skull got his kamen rider powers

with strange similarities they added the weren't really seen in the series to connect it more to the story of W

I hadn't watched it before because it takes place canonically AFTER W

Edit: Skull is the guy in my avatar

Last edited:

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
Ooh, I just found out there is an entire movie dedicated to how skull got his kamen rider powers

with strange similarities they added the weren't really seen in the series to connect it more to the story of W

I hadn't watched it before because it takes place canonically AFTER W

Edit: Skull is the guy in my avatar
I've only managed to get up a few episodes in W after FangJoker was shown off. (I think the last episode I watched was with Phillip and the kid dancing.)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So have any of you guys know about WizzyWhipitWonderful? He's this dude who makes really good game music.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Am I the only one who noticed that he had to specify that Zamus' designer is female?! It's almost like he knows there's going to be controversy.

Also Brinstar confirmed.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
/Also late.
I find it kinda funny that you assume I'm not a goody two shoes kinda person outside of this kinda thing. :p

I mostly am, though.
I didn't say you weren't one at all, if it came out like that, apologies :c...
Just trying to make a point that not all clean-slate members have perfect behavior.

Last edited:

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
I didn't say you weren't one at all, if it came out like that, apologies...
Just trying to make a point that not all clean-slate members have perfect behavior.
No need to apologise! c:
I realise you were just making that point, I just like having some fun with it. :p

I attempt to just be there best person I can be overall, really. I have too much of a conscience to do any of the stuff that could get me warned or infracted, because I'd feel awful about it personally. Backgammon for top tier wuss confirmed.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Those Zero Suit Samus costumes are pretty neat. Nice little homage to Metroid: Zero Mission.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
So where's the part where feminists (aka hypocritical morons) start complaining about Samus' midriff and shorts for turning a strong women into a sexualized tool?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom