• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Is it wrong that I find the Hyrule Warriors Ganon more terrifying than Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess versions?

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Decided to look around for more Madoka info because I finished the whole series, and I found out that Madoka's Brother and Mami's VA was the same voice actor as Navi. Go figure.

Soul.

Apparently, this is the Pachirisu set that was used in the VGC.

Pachirisu @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: Lol, I don't know. Probably defensive EVs.
Impish Nature
- Follow Me
- Nuzzle
- Super Fang
- Protect
Where do you get Volt Absorb Pachirisu again? Friend Safari?

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
I found some sweet leaks of newcomers. Got them from Sakurai's Cat's Uncle who is visiting Nintendo.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Just had a moment on wifi:

"Breloom uses Spore, but fails!"
"Venasaur uses Growth!"

*four turns later...*

"Venasaur uses Hidden Power Fire! Breloom faints!"

7410-1.jpg

That Breloom was determined to make my Venasaur sleep. :laugh:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Saw Guardians of The Galaxy.

Convinced my family to avoid Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

I regret absolutely nothing.
Good choice because anything involving Michael Bay is bound to be pointless crap full of explosions and immature humor. The Transformers films themselves don't give the Autobots/Deceptacons that much screen time, there's too much mindless action, and the subplot involving the humans can ab annoying at points. I assume the same could could be applied to TMNT, but minus the human interactions.

Golden Gallade

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3823-9001-5955
Apparently, this is the Pachirisu set that was used in the VGC.

Pachirisu @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: Lol, I don't know. Probably defensive EVs.
Impish Nature
- Follow Me
- Nuzzle
- Super Fang
- Protect
Where do you get Volt Absorb Pachirisu again? Friend Safari?
Considering how much rotom mows leaf storm did to it, I would say
252sdef 252 hp 4def

On a side note, one of the funniest things I have ever heard is When the caster (I forget who) said "mow rotom mow problems" I along with everyone in the crowd died.

Soul.

Considering how much rotom mows leaf storm did to it, I would say
252sdef 252 hp 4def

On a side note, one of the funniest things I have ever heard is When the caster (I forget who) said "mow rotom mow problems" I along with everyone in the crowd died.
I went to Nugget Bridge's forums. I think Pachirisu's EVs were these ones:
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 Sp. Def
Damage stuff for no reason:
252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 156+ Def Pachirisu: 128-152 (76.6 - 91%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 252 HP / 156+ Def Pachirisu: 139-163 (83.2 - 97.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 156+ Def Pachirisu: 123-145 (73.6 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Salamence Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 100 SpD Pachirisu: 106-126 (63.4 - 75.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 156+ Def Pachirisu: 144-171 (86.2 - 102.3%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
It's funny how a "weak" Pokémon like Pachirisu could survive even the strongest moves. I'm not sure if the other Electric-types could do the same. This shows that Pokémon like these can actually do stuff..in double battles. Then again, almost everything Pokémon games have were made for double battles, but single battles are also a thing.

Also, this was VGC in a nutshell:

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Just had a moment on wifi:

"Venasaur uses Growth!"

*four turns later...*

"Venasaur uses Hidden Power Fire! Breloom faints!"

View attachment 22054
That Breloom was determined to make my Venasaur sleep. :laugh:
The man does realize Grass type moves inducing status effects don't effect other Grass types right?

Golden Gallade

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3823-9001-5955
Guys, I'm scared for my life. Mega slowbro is to bulky.

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 129-153 (32.7 - 38.8%) -- 99.1% chance to 3HKO

That's regular slowbro. And seeing how in the trailer, mega slowbro took around 20% from a dragon claw, I'm guessing Mega slowbro has around base 130-140 defence. And most likely a special defense boost too. With calm mind, this thing is basically invisible. And the special attack boost, it can deal lots of damage.

Last edited:

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
Well, I just watched episode 3 of Madoka....

Wow... I knew it was coming, but... wow...

I honestly expected it to be somewhat cliche, with her lying on the ground giving her last words etc. But no, she just straight up gets eaten! :(

...Though I will admit I got small chuckle at the close up of Kyubey's never-changing expression when it was all done.
Also, dat ending...

Last edited:

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
So I just saw the new TMNT movie...it was meh. Megan Fox doesn't suck that bad, but there was a fart joke. A TURTLE FART JOKE.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The man does realize Grass type moves inducing status effects don't effect other Grass types right?
Wifi players do the darnest things, you know? :awesome:

I could understand doing it twice in a row when first experiencing the new mechanics of powder/spore, but this guy clearly was either slow or just a newbie. Either way, I swept his ass with sunsaur, so that's that. *shrug*

I finally trained Porygon Z & Sigilyph for battle standards. Love both of them. One would be surprised as to how much ass Sigilyph can kick with just Air Slash. Psycho Shift burns, Calm Mind for growth, Roost for heal, & Air Slash for attacking. Porygon Z runs Nasty plot, though that wasn't what it was suppose to run. If it weren't for my slip-up on the nature (Timid instead of Modest), it'd run scarf. Still, it's alright with me because Sticky Web backs it up well.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Holy crap. Just got done reading The Kill Order, literally just finished it 15 minutes ago, (it's a prequel to The Maze Runner trilogy) and just holy damn. Dashner is a great author. The books are depressing as hell, even at the end, yet have a warmheartedness to them that you can't but feel giddy and happy about, again even at the end. I think I found a new fave book series. Just... Damn.

Seriously. If you are a reader, these books are a must read. Of course I only know 2 people here who actually like to read (@ Sehnsucht Sehnsucht and @Tangamanga ). But still, if you are an avid book reader you must read these books.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Holy crap. Just got done reading The Kill Order, literally just finished it 15 minutes ago, (it's a prequel to The Maze Runner trilogy) and just holy damn. Dashner is a great author. The books are depressing as hell, even at the end, yet have a warmheartedness to them that you can't but feel giddy and happy about, again even at the end. I think I found a new fave book series. Just... Damn.

Seriously. If you are a reader, these books are a must read. Of course I only know 2 people here who actually like to read (@ Sehnsucht Sehnsucht and @Tangamanga ). But still, if you are an avid book reader you must read these books.
The books I've been interested in most as of late are Lev Grossman's Magicians trilogy, and Max Gladstone's Craft Sequence.

But I'll place Maze Runner et al. under consideration. 8D

mimgrim

Smash Hero
The books I've been interested in most as of late are Lev Grossman's Magicians trilogy, and Max Gladstone's Craft Sequence.

But I'll place Maze Runner et al. under consideration. 8D
Hrmmm. Magicians trilogy looks interesting. I'll have to give those books a try, presuming my library has them in stock, after I , Iread the next 2 books I have to read (first 2 books of The Books of beginnings. I was recommended to read them by someone so thought I'd give them a try. 3rd book isn't out yet though.)

Craft Sequence however... doesn't look like my type of book.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
"Pic of the day. Looking at the number of days we have left for development, it would be an impossible task to create this… That's what I told my staff. But thanks to the determination of her female designer, these Zero Suit outfits got completed in time. From the ending of Metroid: Zero Mission, here's Samus in shorts!"

Hawt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom