• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

The only things I liked was a quite a few lovely designed Pokemon "complimented by a lot of bad ones", and the music. A surprisingly good soundtrack.
The Pokémon designs are fine; I don't see anything wrong with them. Probably because I use the Pokémon based on what they do competitively. Things like say, Garbodor, may suck design-wise, but when it comes to playing the game, it can at least do something—but so can every other Pokémon. People may criticize Gen 1 for using generic designs for Pokémon, but I think that's because it was the first game of the series.
Challenge Mode, Assist Mode, White Treehollow/Black Tower, the Key system, Join Avenue, Pass Powers, Funfest Missions, Online features (before it was taken down), etc. That's more then really any other Post-Game in the series aside from maybe HGSS if you count Kanto.
I didn't really Wi-Fi battle in Gen 5, not at all. I only Wi-Fi battled once in Black and White, but that was it. I went to Pokémon Online to battle competitively and used the Entralink to get the move tutors.
Challenge Mode was a good thing. I don't know why did they take it out in X/Y. It at least provided a higher difficulty if players knew how to play Pokémon (not competitively, but the basic stuff: types, moves, etc.). I guess they took it out in X/Y because it was yet another "fresh" Pokémon game.
IGN in a nutshell: Praising Xbox and PlayStation games and covering news on those consoles, and neglecting Nintendo-related stuff, and let's not forget the Movies, Comics, and TV sections. IGN was good when it was a gaming-only site, but oh well, that's my opinion. I think they should make up a new site to cover those 3 topics. xD
IGN. The G stands for Gaming. Why are they posting stuff not relating to gaming is beyond me. It makes no sense, but it's IGN. They do whatever they want. That site is full of arguments anyway.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
So, I was playing Brawl Minus with friends today and I have discovered that I can only play Peach effectively in Brawl Minus.
I find her very difficult to use in Melee and Project M and can use her semi-effectively in Brawl, but I can really use her well in Brawl Minus.

Doesn't bode well for the fact that I want to be proficient with all of the "princess" characters in Smash 4...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Bleh so I decided I'm probably gonna stick around after the 3ds release. Remains to be seen if I stay post-wiiu.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I didn't really Wi-Fi battle in Gen 5, not at all. I only Wi-Fi battled once in Black and White, but that was it. I went to Pokémon Online to battle competitively and used the Entralink to get the move tutors.
Challenge Mode was a good thing. I don't know why did they take it out in X/Y. It at least provided a higher difficulty if players knew how to play Pokémon (not competitively, but the basic stuff: types, moves, etc.). I guess they took it out in X/Y because it was yet another "fresh" Pokémon game.
BW's Wi-Fi battling was OK from what I tried, but I will say XY got that right when they improved the online for theirs.

That's unfortunately GF's model for you, they'll always take out features from the third versions and save them for later. RS, DP and BW had that same problem when compared to their predecessors, though XY did suffer the worst from it as some of the features (like Challenge Mode) would've helped with some of its problems.

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Do not use the word "doe". It does not mean what you think it means. Additionally, appending it to "That x" creates an expression (I use the word loosely) that doesn't resolve to anything. It is a meaningless statement.

Cooth Sriminal
Maybe Reggie secretly has a deer. You don't know that.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You know which robot has the best ass in gaming? Gutsman, that's who! It became so famous that many Mega Man fans had made a meme about it. :troll:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
This place seems quieter than usual, despite the fact that we're so close to the game.

Though I guess people are already avoiding the internet because of spoilers.

Morbi

Scavenger
Do not use the word "doe". It does not mean what you think it means. Additionally, appending it to "That x" creates an expression (I use the word loosely) that doesn't resolve to anything. It is a meaningless statement.

Cooth Sriminal
Dat use of teh word "doe" doe, nowatisrsaiyan?!

WHAT?!?

I must be a bad boy then. :shades:
I am WAY more hardcore, I got two "infractions" for the same incident. Deal wit it! :shades:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Please, I'm more hardcore than all of you.
I've stayed up over midnight on numerous occasions!
How's that for a thug life? :cool:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
This place seems quieter than usual, despite the fact that we're so close to the game.

Though I guess people are already avoiding the internet because of spoilers.
Doubt it, it's still a bit early to start hibernating.

I don't think that many people will control themselves in the end.

Soul.

BW's Wi-Fi battling was OK from what I tried, but I will say XY got that right when they improved the online for theirs.

Eh, that's GF's model for you, they'll always strip out features from the third versions and save them for later. RS, DP and BW had that same problem when compared to their predecessors, though XY did suffer the worst from it as some of the features (like Challenge Mode) would've helped with some of its problems.
Yeah, X/Y's Wi-Fi is much better even if having Pokémon set in Level 50 is an issue, which I don't think it is one. It's still a Wi-FI battle. I think there's an option to use Pokémon at any Level, which means that Level 5 Pokémon can be used to battle in the Little Cup tier. X/Y did change a lot of stuff such as Breeding and things like that. They made it "easier".

Anyway, I just got a 6 IV Gible with a Jolly Nature. Flawless in everything but Special Attack....not that it matters. I don't plan on using Special Attacks. This Gible will be a Physical Attacker once it evolves into a Gabite and soon after that, a Garchomp.
I guess the one I got will be for double battles.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom