• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Does this look like Reddit to you?

Oh, and speaking of deletion, the N4G article on this situation got deleted too.

This woman is part of the friggin' Illuminati.
People just need to cool down and stop freaking out so much. The situation will be resolved in a more rational way in due time.
No, except for some talk about how everything about Zoe Quinn gets deleted by the Illuminati.
Oh wait, you said important. Never mind then.
It could be pretty significant in the long term for the gaming industry, something that's already rife with corruption to begin with,

Last edited by a moderator:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Honestly I don't wanna see a buncha misogynistic nerds piling on this girl, no matter what she did. Whether it's her or the journalists who are deleting everything, I'm glad I don't have to see it.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Honestly I don't wanna see a buncha misogynistic nerds piling on this girl, no matter what she did. Whether it's her or the journalists who are deleting everything, I'm glad I don't have to see it.
It's mostly about the corruption in the gaming journalism business, to be honest.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Who's Zoe Quinn?
Good!

So whats a Zoe Quinn?

To summarize it? Zoe Quinn, the creator of Depression Quest, slept with five journalists while already being in a relationship in order to have positive articles written on the game. One of said journalists happened to be her own boss.

Apparently Quinn is Yuri or something, she's mass mind-controlling the gaming journalism to be more corrupt than it already is.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Ah! Apparently she traded sex for positive press (?). I cannot understand, what exactly is "positive press"?

D

Deleted member

Who's Zoe Quinn?
Good!

So whats a Zoe Quinn?
An indie developer who slept with 5 men mostly in the gaming journalism business to get positive buzz for her game, Depression Quest. One of said men was also married. There's a lot more to it but I don't feel like writing up an essay, so go Google it or find some other posts here in the thread.
EDIT: A few useful links that offer better insight on the whole situation.
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/2dzrlv/on_zoe_quinn_censorship_doxxing_and_general/
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s4nmr1/?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5-51PfwI3M

Last edited by a moderator:

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion
To summarize it? Zoe Quinn, the creator of Depression Quest, slept with five journalists while already being in a relationship in order to have positive articles written on the game. One of said journalists happened to be her own boss.

Apparently Quinn is Yuri or something, she's mass mind-controlling the gaming journalism to be more corrupt than it already is.
Ok now that's just silly.

An indie developer who slept with 5 men mostly in the gaming journalism business to get positive buzz for her game, Depression Quest. One of said men was also married. There's a lot more to it but I don't feel like writing up an essay, so go Google it or find some other posts here in the thread.
Also i wish people would sleep with me just because they want me to say good things about them ;_;

Last edited:

Twewy

Smash Lord
Ok now that's just silly.
Another thing that is so silly is the people defending her on either spectrum. On one hand, is the previously mentioned gaming journalism corruption. On the other, she went behind her (at the time) boyfriend's back and had sex with three men, and then when on a break where both parties agreed not to see other people, she did two more.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
This sort of incident is one of the many, many reasons that I don't trust sites to review things. Simple as.
Sometimes, I look up reviews if I enjoyed the game, just to see how people who aren't getting paid to write reviews on them review them. Often, because people aren't being bribed to review it, they review it badly.

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion
Another thing that is so silly is the people defending her on either spectrum. On one hand, is the previously mentioned gaming journalism corruption. On the other, she went behind her (at the time) boyfriend's back and had sex with three men, and then when on a break where both parties agreed not to see other people, she did two more.
WHAT! lol. Geez,..

Wait a minute i could make a show about this.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
So a chick slept with 5 guys to make sure her game got good reviews?

If you're doing it for good reviews then that's telling you something about you and your game.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I would not stay with a girl that cheated on me for anything.

She'd just be gone

If she cheats on you once and you just forgive her, she's going to get it in her mind she can do it again.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, after watching the movie dedicated to the origin of skull

at least the first part, I didn't watch all the movie because it has OOO in it but apparently I'm not as far in OOO as the movie is

I like Skull even more!

Only character I would take the time out of collecting Ryuki figures and get him instead

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Doesn't the saying go

"Any publicity is good publicity"

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So they just released the cover for Amazing Spider-Man #9. It looks really sick. I guess the only thing that's "off" about it is that Peter should be a little buffer. It's still a great cover.

D

Deleted member

So they just released the cover for Amazing Spider-Man #9. It looks really sick. I guess the only thing that's "off" about it is that Peter should be a little buffer. It's still a great cover.

I don't think Spidey is supposed to be that toned in the first place.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The only game that I heard of that has bad publicity is Rapelay.
The thing is, even when a game gets bad publicity

The target audience of the game are going to be made aware of the game

and a lot who might have never heard of the game could get it anyway

Not everyone cares about politics

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Alright then...

Some male costumes to please the ladies (and gentlemen):

We have characters like Little Mac and Hii Fit Trainer who do show more skin, however, we need a male alt costume to rival Samus in shorts:

Shirtless Link (TP)

Underwear ad Shulk

Shirtless Pit

Chrom swimsuit for Robin's FS

Dark Mage Robin

PANTLESS MARF!!

Other ideas:

- Shirtless Little Mac (not talking about FS = ugly). I mean, he's is a boxer
- If Snake returns, something sexy
- Helmetless Captain Falcon. I'd like to see his pretty face. And don't be a baby, we've seen him without a helmet in the games and anime
- Helmetless Mega Man. Dem shotas.
- Speedo Wario
- etc etc

MANservice ;) :troll:
You're forgetting about crossdressing. You don't want to ignore the potential of boys being submissive while wearing dresses and skirts.

Also don't forget about Bowser. He's so charming that he made everyone at /v/ gay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom