• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I watched the Gamesradar smash videos again...

I REALLY don't like them.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I watched the Gamesradar smash videos again...

I REALLY don't like them.
Are those the ones with the incredibly fat dude which just stands there and seems like if he moves he's gonna fall apart? Like the one in which they predicted 50% of the Brawl roster was going to be cut including Marth, Lucario, Toon Link etc.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Are those the ones with the incredibly fat dude which just stands there and seems like if he moves he's gonna fall apart? Like the one in which they predicted 50% of the Brawl roster was going to be cut including Marth, Lucario, Toon Link etc.
Examples of Gamesradar logic:
>Marth wont return because i don't care about him!
>Knuckles will be playable because our "Smash-o-meter" said so!
>Pac-Man has no chance because i dislike the current design!

They think they're so important that they believe their predictions will always be right. And when they're wrong they have a ROB joke, that isn't that funny, call them dumb.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Examples of Gamesradar logic:
>Marth wont return because i don't care about him!
>Knuckles will be playable because our "Smash-o-meter" said so!
>Pac-Man has no chance because i dislike the current design!

They think they're so important that they believe their predictions will always be right. And when they're wrong they have a ROB joke, that isn't that funny, call them dumb.
Now I'm wondering what joke they're gonna use when ROB is confirmed.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Eh, I never really watched much Smash 4 speculation on Youtube. Which was the complete opposite of what I did in the brawl days. That might have to do with Smash 4 having Megaman already. No one else can really top him for me. But Rosalina and Little Mac are pretty damn good too.

And I'm still trying to build a decent Pokemon team. I'm not going to try super hard to get the greatest team of all time or anything. But I did bother getting an Adamant Torchic with Speed Boost. Which I heard was the best set-up, so I'll try and run with that.

Now I'm wondering what joke they're gonna use when ROB is confirmed.
Game and Watch, That'd be my guess at least.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I want to point out about the dkc thing that I think nintendo has the right on them (else why king k rool is owned by nintendo?) I don't understand.

On a side note, I finished majora's mask yesterday and I have to say there's a thing I got after playing earthbound: a game begins truly memorable when it tries to emotionally immerse the player and oh god it's exactly what it's trying to do. Really throughout the whole game, the story tries to give the feel of the fear of death and really I seriously freak-out upon listening to the music of final hours. This isn't a game, it's art and those game are really deep but they end up being the most memorable.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So there's this new game called Azure Striker Gunvolt coming out. It's made by Inti Creates, with Keiji Inafune heading the project. From the trailer it looks like it's ready to go. I guess they were working on this before Mighty No. 9. Seems interesting enough. It's another action platformer, seems to be more in the style of Megaman X or Megaman Zero. What with the air dashing, and focus on speed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wm8-DsVqHE

Last edited:

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
So there's this new game called Azure Striker Gunvolt coming out. It's made by Inti Creates, with Keiji Inafune heading the project. From the trailer it looks like it's ready to go. I guess they were working on this before Mighty No. 9. Seems interesting enough. It's another action platformer, seems to be more in the style of Megaman X or Megaman Zero. What with the air dashing, and focus on speed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wm8-DsVqHE
Looks pretty cool. Might have to pick this up if it comes to America.

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
Yay new avi

The game really remind me of Megaman ZX if you guys played it.

On the topic of Gamesradar: I like how most of the reason for characters being cut is just "They're old or not 'cool' anymore" like seriously? Marth is extremely important to the smash series and his appearance in Melee is the reason why we even got the Fire Emblem games in the west in the first place.

And there reason for Pac-Man? "I don't like his new design".

Uh, OK, enjoy your bland old design then.

Old

New

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
There isn't really anything that's truly normal, it's just an illusion to push a status quo for a certain demographic.
Wii Fit Trainer?

Speaking of which, do you believe there's such a thing as objective normality?

Like, would something like Down Syndrome be considered normal for the human species, even if society saw it as normal, healthy, and natural?

----

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Wii Fit Trainer?

Speaking of which, do you believe there's such a thing as objective normality?

Like, would something like Down Syndrome be considered normal for the human species, even if society saw it as normal, healthy, and natural?

----
Well, I meant more so the rules of certain societies. Since there are many cultures and demographics, it causes a rift where there isn't many global rules that would be considered standard. Like for example, in the USA eating loudly is considered rude, while in Japan it's considered a compliment. Something along those lines.

Obviously stuff like birth defects wouldn't be considered normal by virtue of nature. Nature is different from society because of instincts as a species, which in traditional fashion is to be hostile towards negative traits that would impact the species, basically a variation of natural selection. However due to our complex social nature, instead of letting the weak die off like any other species, we instead support the inept. Which in hindsight might have a negative effect on our future due to the ever increasing pressure of supply and demand.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The Gamesradar idiots have already been proven wrong thrice. Lol.

I wonder if they said there would be so many cuts just for publicity, lol.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I watched Gameradar's coverage for maybe a couple of weeks, I've never had myself so turned away from game coverage before. I've been listening some of GameExplains discussions then went back to few of Gameradar's videos on the same subjects and I think I understand what bothers me with Gameradar's stuff. They are trying way way too hard, what I mean is the effects, the poor attempts at humor, and the personalities of the hosts bother me more so then their opinions on the situation as they are just guesses and assumptions that everyone else is making. It just seems so... overindulgent.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
That stopped being funny after the first time, anyway.
Saying something isn't funny anymore is annoying, even after the first time :troll:

I HOPE HOPE HOPE HOPE that Smash Bros 4 has a really good stage editor..Brawl's was decent but nothing special
PREACH!

My personal hopes:
- Different swaps for platforms.
- Different textures for platforms (all there is in Brawl is some sort of stony thing, and metal)
- MORE VARIETY!
- MORE FRIGGIN' VARIETY!
- MORE VARIETY SAKURAI!!!!

Last edited:

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
Being serious though; I don't know why everyone want Ridley to be in Smash so much.

Like yea, he was a pretty cool boss and all but holy crap guys, he isn't the world most greatest video game character ever.

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
Saying something isn't funny anymore is annoying, even after the first time :troll:

PREACH!

My personal hopes:
- Different swaps for platforms.
- Different textures for platforms (all there is in Brawl is some sort of stony thing, and metal)
- MORE VARIETY!
- MORE FRIGGIN' VARIETY!
- MORE VARIETY SAKURAI!!!!
i hope they let you put in stage hazerds.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Being serious though; I don't know why everyone want Ridley to be in Smash so much.

Like yea, he was a pretty cool boss and all but holy crap guys, he isn't the world most greatest video game character ever.
I personally could not give less of a damn about Ridley as a character or as a potential Smashbros. newcomer (and yes, I am a fan of the Metroid series). There's certainly a bunch of characters I'd rather have.
Though I would really like for him to be playable just because it would make a lot of other people happy.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

Simple. Because all the other big Nintendo franchises have their villain in Smash.
You got Bowser, Ganondorf, Mewtwo (arguable), King Dedede, Wolf, and possibly K. Rool too!

Metroid deserves both a second rep, and a villain. Not to mention that Sakurai wants to have unique characters this time around.
Ridley fits all three of this categories, he is a Metroid villain, who could use his flight in unique ways.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

Well, considering Metroid's success, most people think the series should be more than just Samus.

And since the only recurring character aside from Samus is Ridley, he fits the bill. That and the fact that we could play as a giant, super-intelligent, murderous purple space pterodactyl.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I HOPE HOPE HOPE HOPE that Smash Bros 4 has a really good stage editor..Brawl's was decent but nothing special
Brawl's was SOOO underwhelming. My Smash 4 Stage Creator Wishlist:
  • Water/Lava
  • Breakable Blocks
  • Infinite Walls/Floor (That way my stage isn't always some random floating structure)
  • Ability to customize slants better
  • More than 3 backgrounds/themes that are more variety
I want him in because he looks super cool (never actually played Metroid shh) and because I want his trailer to include the pun: "Ridley Fits In!"

Last edited:

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Brawl's was SOOO underwhelming. My Smash 4 Stage Creator Wishlist:
  • Water/Lava
  • Breakable Blocks
  • Infinite Walls/Floor (That way my stage isn't always some random floating structure)
  • Ability to customize slants better
  • More than 3 backgrounds/themes that are more variety
You should also be able to place the spawns like in the brawl stage creator hack.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom