• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I used to make alot of stages with the Stage Studio, because I hated the limitations of the regular Stage Builder. Here's to hoping we have more stage parts.
Let me put parts sideways and upside down. Also, some more items like barrels and pipes. It was not bad for a fun thing to work with, but not enough options, really. That's something I'd expect from perhaps Melee or the 64 versions. But Brawl? Way too mediocre.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Let me put parts sideways and upside down. Also, some more items like barrels and pipes. It was not bad for a fun thing to work with, but not enough options, really. That's something I'd expect from perhaps Melee or the 64 versions. But Brawl? Way too mediocre.
I think they should just include the Wii U/3DS SSB4 development kit in the Stage Creator. :troll:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
after playing this again i gotta say man he make great add on to smash game but since it's not nintendo exsclusive idk if it's even possible for neku

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
Why do people keep posting an unfunny joke? Oh yeah, it's a meme and i'm on the internet. :rolleyes:
Funny is a subjective term so it probably not funny for you but it probably funny for someone else.

after playing this again i gotta say man he make great add on to smash game but since it's not nintendo exsclusive idk if it's even possible for neku
All my yes.

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I have reached 1000 posts!

Let us celebrate!

This also marks my one-month anniversary since joining this site. Let us celebrate that also!

I am most eager to continue having my presence tolerated here at Smashboards for the foreseeable future. Here's to many more simultaneously vapid and insightful posts from yours truly! 8D

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Belongs in the trash?

More like "belongs in the trash."

----
Agreed. Seriously, the meme is being overused already. At least put something new up...

Even when I abused the Invadent Sea Bass image as a joke, I almost never re-used the exact same captions. I made multiple ones, for each situation. The only common part was a picture of the Sea Bass itself.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
While a Square Enix rep can happen, Square Enix seems to be (to me) a hard nut to crack when it comes to working with other companies and in some cases fans. I mean, they own Super Mario RPG and they're not willing to let Nintendo use its assets freely without permission as well as no Final Fantasy character in PSASBR (this surprised me greatly knowing how much Square Enix is big buddies with Sony). Heck, I hear more fan games getting cease and desists from Square Enix than any other company (possibly combined).

But we'll see what the future has in store.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Agreed. Seriously, the meme is being overused already. At least put something new up...

Even when I abused the Invadent Sea Bass image as a joke, I almost never re-used the exact same captions. I made multiple ones, for each situation. The only common part was a picture of the Sea Bass itself.
INVADENT SEA BASS?

MORE LIKE "BELONGS IN THE TRASS."

I do admit that the "meme" made me laugh when I first saw it. Did Mega Bidoof make it up or has this been used for awhile on other sites?

---

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
While a Square Enix rep can happen, Square Enix seems to be (to me) a hard nut to crack when it comes to working with other companies and in some cases fans. I mean, they own Super Mario RPG and they're not willing to let Nintendo use its assets freely without permission as well as no Final Fantasy character in PSASBR (this surprised me greatly knowing how much Square Enix is big buddies with Sony). Heck, I hear more fan games getting cease and desists from Square Enix than any other company (possibly combined).

But we'll see what the future has in store.
thats why i said its highly doubtul to see him in there

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I was trying to think of a good review game I could do for my English classes that's fun and engaging. So I came up with one:

Mario Kart!

Students can choose between Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Rosalina, Toad, Toadette, Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Wario, Waluigi, Bowser, Bowser Jr, King Boo, Kamek, and Hammer Bros.

If it's a small class, each student has a character but larger classes will be in groups to represent a character. I will draw a various tracks on large sheets of paper before hand. They have to race around the track but must roll a dice to progress much like Mario Party. At times, they land on question square that will ask them questions relating to past lessons such as:

"what time is it now?"
"What fruits do you like" (they don't know "kind of" yet)
"How many pets do you have?"
"how is the weather?"

This is tailored for 4th through 6th graders.

They can also Land on speed boosts that can propel them forward or hazards which puts them back a couple of spaces. They can also land on an item box that gives the student(s) an item such as a green shell, banana peel, fake item square, and blue shell. The first to complete two laps is winner.

Thoughts?

I'm also working on a possible sci-fi Mass Effect version or something more older for junior high and high school students.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I was trying to think of a good review game I could do for my English classes that's fun and engaging. So I came up with one:

Mario Kart!

Students can choose between Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Rosalina, Toad, Toadette, Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Wario, Waluigi, Bowser, Bowser Jr, King Boo, Kamek, and Hammer Bros.

If it's a small class, each student has a character but larger classes will be in groups to represent a character. I will draw a various tracks on large sheets of paper before hand. They have to race around the track but must roll a dice to progress much like Mario Party. At times, they land on question square that will ask them questions relating to past lessons such as:

"what time is it now?"
"What fruits do you like" (they don't know "kind of" yet)
"How many pets do you have?"
"how is the weather?"

This is tailored for 4th through 6th graders.

They can also Land on speed boosts that can propel them forward or hazards which puts them back a couple of spaces. They can also land on an item box that gives the student(s) an item such as a green shell, banana peel, fake item square, and blue shell. The first to complete two laps is winner.

Thoughts?

I'm also working on a possible sci-fi Mass Effect version or something more older for junior high and high school students.
Not a bad idea. With enough effort, it could become a decent enough edutainment game.

Though, is Mass Effect even that big over in Japan? I thought it was more of a western thing...

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Not a bad idea. With enough effort, it could become a decent enough edutainment game.

Though, is Mass Effect even that big over in Japan? I thought it was more of a western thing...
It's here but it's not big. GTA and CoD are huge though. Kids don't really know it though which makes it good actually. That way, I'm not connecting it to the games this making it "mine". Plus, I doubt my school would allow me to do a GTA game but I can sell a ME-inspired game fairly well by making look like its of my own design. Which it would kinda be.

Anyways, I've talked the Mario kart game with some teachers and they liked it.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's here but it's not big. GTA and CoD are huge though. Kids don't really know it though which makes it good actually. That way, I'm not connecting it to the games this making it "mine". Plus, I doubt my school would allow me to do a GTA game but I can sell a ME-inspired game fairly well by making look like its of my own design. Which it would kinda be.
Well, that answers it.
The only genre I'm aware of that's bigger here is MetroidVania.
Still, I'm a bit surprised at CoD.

Anyways, I've talked the Mario kart game with some teachers and they liked it.
I say go for it.
Could end up being a fun experience...

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Any post involving my man Neku is gonna get a quote by me. He's from the best game that the DS era has given us and that game has so much uniqueness that it delivers infinite moveset potential for this character. Of course him being a Square Enix character kinda kills his chances, although the only other platform he's ever been on is on iOS (and in the 3ds exclusive KH game as a cameo, but that's more in his favour I guess). It would be a very out there pick for a 3rd party character to add to smash, but imo this guy deserves to be in smash 4 a lot more than a lot of 1st party suggestions I see on this forum.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Sweet Miyamoto...
Have I just created a meme?

That joke?
View attachment 10009

Seriously, I love this scene, don't ruin it for me.
It was only funny the first time with the Gamesradar thing. And maybe the second too with the Goku thing.
But I don't want to ruin it.

I'm done with it for now...
And I already have my next picture ready to go when relevant. This is a load of barnacles....

I do admit that the "meme" made me laugh when I first saw it. Did Mega Bidoof make it up or has this been used for awhile on other sites?

---
Well I was looking at "Bold and Brash" pictures last night for unspecified reasons, and then I found the "belongs in the trash" picture, and I left it open in a tab I was too lazy to close. Then when Swampasaur said the thing about Gamesradar, it hit me.

But yeah, I made a decent joke, and everyone had to go and ruin/overuse it.
THANKS OBAMA SMASHBOARDS!

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Square Enix towards TWEWY:

Fun? Original? Huge cult following? Tons of potential for sequels? Better put it on the back burner for a couple of decades and crank out more Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts games.

Between Capcom and Square Enix, I can't decide who pisses me off more when it comes to their sequel practices.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445

Fun? Original? Huge cult following? Tons of potential for sequels? Better put it on the back burner for a couple of decades and crank out more Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts games.

Between Capcom and Square Enix, I can't decide who pisses me off more when it comes to their sequel practices.
did someone say sequels?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

I'd expect another Chrono Trigger sequel before one of TWEWY. -_-

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I remember how back in the day that there was a rumor that the sequel to TWEWY was going to take place in Los Angeles or New York and I remember how excited people got for the prospect of it. Seriously, why is this not a thing, especially with how far GPS technology has come since 2007? What is with Square Enix and it's phobia of giant piles of money?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Everything is put behind Final Fantasy. Whenever there's a KH game and FF game in development at the same time, everything goes towards FF first.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
TWEWY is probably my third favorite game of all time (after Melee and Majora's Mask), but I'd actually be fine with it never getting a sequel. It works just fine as a standalone. A sequel might not be a bad idea for Square from a money making perspective though.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Everything is put behind Final Fantasy. Whenever there's a KH game and FF game in development at the same time, everything goes towards FF first.
One of the many reasons it's taken so long to get KH3. >_>

And why there were so many side games...Aside from Nomura loving to **** around and play with new technology and handhelds.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Money has more germs on it than a toilet seat.

More harmful germs, at that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom