• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I was there at the original release. In fact, I had my own strategy into placing in 1st whenever Maka Wuhu was chosen. Get near 8th (maybe 5th at least) after grabbing some coins at the start, get an item like triple mushrooms or a star and then drift through the grass all the way to the water around the fence. It was a sweet setup. Otherwise, if you tried to just jump in after turning around or using a drift boost, you could potentially miss or someone would knock into you.

Did you know that both Wahu Island stages had a glitch? At the end of the first one, if you went to the second boost pad to the gliding path, drove on it horizontally, and jumped off at the edge of the cliff: you would be sent to the finish line.

Man, those were some game-breaking courses. You can still do that for time trials too! Just not online.
IMO it's better offline than online.

Velvet Phoenix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonic204
I also turn 18 on the 18th. That's the best part. xD

I'm trying to wiggle my parents into getting me a PS3 for my Bday with KH 1.5. I wanna play Final Mix so baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaads. ;-;
I loved Kingdom Hearts. KH 1.5 was my first time ever playing it and it was amazing. Can't wait for KH 2.5.

Xarreno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xarreno
3DS FC
1590-4746-0106
Good luck with the synthesis shop.

You are SO gonna need it...It's significantly harder than in the original game. ¦D;
Wait... what did they change about it? I remember ultima being somewhat difficult to get. The other notable thing is that you could do was find specific drops from enemies easily to create stat boosts. I spent some time doing that after being maxed out a lvl 100, just for being overpowered.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
People who use game breaking bugs only prove how weak they are at playing the game.
I agree, but also disagree.

I don't mind people who use glitches. Heck, I love glitches.
There's a reason why TAS are popular. It's fun to see just how far they can break it.

But MK7 is an exception.
The only bugs I don't mind is when you need skill to do them.
I call that "knowledge", and I respect people who can pull them off.

The problem with Maka Wuhu was anyone could do it.
There was no skill, no actual learning factor.
And, people wanted to take advantage of that. Because VR is apparently a big thing.
That's a cowards way of winning. Using a systems flaws to your advantage.

It's the same reason why I hate "FTW hackers".
All it tells me is the only way they can win is though cheating.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Interesting choice. I counter with an old little gift for any of those here not yet fully grown. Complete with slight static! =D

Ah, this stage. I used to play on this stage, except I sped it up to 4 times it's normal speed. Fun times. XD
Hey heres a birthday song to you

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Wait... what did they change about it? I remember ultima being somewhat difficult to get. The other notable thing is that you could do was find specific drops from enemies easily to create stat boosts. I spent some time doing that after being maxed out a lvl 100, just for being overpowered.
There a more items to collect with some things needing different ingredients than in the original, Ultima Weapon being one of them, and the drop rate on a lot of the items are not only significantly lower, but require you having to go after a lot of the new Special Heartless that are in the game.

Like these guys.

By the time you get finally get Ultima Weapon, you will more than likely have already beaten all of the Super Bosses and maxed Sora out to Level 100, leaving you with absolutely nothing to use it on except the already abysmally weak and pathetically easy final boss.

Last edited:

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
I would love to see Masterhand be a fully pla
I agree, but also disagree.

I don't mind people who use glitches. Heck, I love glitches.
There's a reason why TAS are popular. It's fun to see just how far they can break it.

But MK7 is an exception.
The only bugs I don't mind is when you need skill to do them.
I call that "knowledge", and I respect people who can pull them off.

The problem with Maka Wuhu was anyone could do it.
There was no skill, no actual learning factor.
And, people wanted to take advantage of that. Because VR is apparently a big thing.

It depends..if you are doing because it's fun..go for it but if you doing it so you can beat the game then no sorry i don't agree with using Hacks

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
So Rosalina is appearing in Mario Kart Arcade now. I don't think I blame anyone for not predicting her for Smash. She's only now become incredibly important to the Mario universe.

Xarreno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xarreno
3DS FC
1590-4746-0106

Actually, VR was a big thing. Maybe not above 10,000 since everyone is approximately about the same skill level at that point, but it really does suck when you lose only for not using a lame glitch. Especially when the vast majority of people began doing it.

What's really sad, is that it cut through half of the course and missed all the great scenery through the cave and around the lakeside cliff. My favorite part was actually going in the water there.

What got on my nerves was the people who played above 20,000 VR. The ones who got first place all the time because their vehicle had max speed, off road tires, and the heaviest character. Sure, it takes skill to play with such bad handling, but when you can't even win with the other customizations of vehicles? It just becomes bad.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Actually, VR was a big thing. Maybe not above 10,000 since everyone is approximately about the same skill level at that point, but it really does suck when you lose only for not using a lame glitch. Especially when the vast majority of people began doing it.

What's really sad, is that it cut through half of the course and missed all the great scenery through the cave and around the lakeside cliff. My favorite part was actually going in the water there.

What got on my nerves was the people who played above 20,000 VR. The ones who got first place all the time because their vehicle had max speed, off road tires, and the heaviest character. Sure, it takes skill to play with such bad handling, but when you can't even win with the other customizations of vehicles? It just becomes bad.
Honestly, I don't see the point of it.
I've gotten in places all across the spectrum.
Yet somehow I was able to get 10000 VR.
It's a gradual thing. You just build it up.

Sure, there's some skill. But there's times where I feel just like I started.
Like I've learned nothing...

Xarreno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xarreno
3DS FC
1590-4746-0106
By the time you get finally get Ultima Weapon, you will more than likely have already beaten all of the Super Bosses and maxed Sora out to Level 100, leaving you with absolutely nothing to use it on except the already abysmally weak and pathetically easy final boss.
That's what I dislike about the newer games. They make it so hard to get the cool stuff, that there's no point in using them afterwards. Especially the keyblades, they more often become like trophies now instead of actual weapons. Honestly, they need some more cutscenes [clothing, or something] to be unlocked through special means rather than weapons you can't use.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So Rosalina is appearing in Mario Kart Arcade now. I don't think I blame anyone for not predicting her for Smash. She's only now become incredibly important to the Mario universe.
The rumor is that Nintendo is planning to give her a franchise of her own where she essentially takes over the Galaxy games so the Mario platformers can explore new ideas. There's not very much evidence to support this idea though aside from a buttload conjecture about why she's been shoehorned into so many major games in recent years.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The rumor is that Nintendo is planning to give her a franchise of her own where she essentially takes over the Galaxy games so the Mario platformers can explore new ideas. There's not very much evidence to support this idea though aside from a buttload conjecture about why she's been shoehorned into so many major games in recent years.
...I think I've just heard the billions of Waluigi fans say "WAA!"
...Don't know why though.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So apparently, the three dkc games got removed from the vc since november 2012 but I want to play them does anyone have an idea as to why they did that? The worst is that you can redownload them if you bought them before but you can't buy them why? I think I'm really missing something.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
It was probably that even though Rare doesn't actually care if they put the DKC trilogy and DK64 on the Virtual Console.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Microsoft, however... which is the problem. They own Rare, so, yeah. :urg:
I don't think Microsoft would have any say over what Nintendo does with Donkey Kong, but I can see what you mean, and I agree.

All I wish is that Nintendo would think, "Hey, Rare doesn't mind, and Microsoft can't tell us what to do with Donkey Kong, so we can put these games on the Virtual Console."

Last edited:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Microsoft, however... which is the problem. They own Rare, so, yeah. :urg:
though they don't own Donkey kong which is why the original Donkey kong country is on there i think there was a issue or a glitch when trying to move the n64 DKC to the wii and so forth because they did plan to have DK64 with the other n64 vc games

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't think Microsoft would have any say over what Nintendo does with Donkey Kong, but I can see what you mean, and I agree.

All I wish is that Nintendo would think, "Hey, Rare doesn't mind, and Microsoft can't tell us what to do with Donkey Kong, so we can put these games on the Virtual Console."
Agreed. Right now, with Nintendo and Microsoft not doing that well, they probably don't want to even bother to get into a lawsuit about it. Not worth the money. MS probably wouldn't do anything, and Nintendo doesn't want to take the chance. But that's just my theory.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I've always been irked by that with all the KH games I have finished (Haven't finished Days or Coded yet, though I am close on both but keep getting distracted, and haven't even gotten to play BbS), as I found all final bosses to be ridiculously easy compared to other bosses I ended up fighting. Still at least they are flashy enough to make them feel like a final boss. xD

Xarreno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xarreno
3DS FC
1590-4746-0106
I'm so sick of speculation of this being the most talked about topic on the character prediction thread.
Then why not bring up a different series that has some sort of release in March? Like:

-Fire Emblem Gaiden: Ike
-Kirby's Adventure: Meta Knight (More likely Kirby: TD in May, though)
-Kid Icarus Uprising: Anyone as an assist trophy (Palutena? :troll:)
-Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon: Assist trophy (E. Gadd?)
-Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D: Snake
-Super Smash Bros Brawl: Everyone :troll:

(I'm considering all release dates not just Japan, btw)

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
. . . . . . . .
I'd be down for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom